PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question about "Best Offer"?

vellamint
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Its been a while since I listed anything and was wondering what a "Best Offer" means. I mean I know what a best offer means but what (as a seller) do I need to know about it. What does it cost? Do I HAVE to take the best offer? If I list something for $100 and my best offer is $1 am I required to sell it to them for that amount?

Thanks - I did a quick search on Ebay itself but boy is that NOT a user friendly site - at least to me.

DianeV
01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
I dont know if there is an extra cost to list a Best Offer on your listing but I do know you do not have to accept any offer.

OceanAnnie
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I've seen the "Buy It Now" option and have been interested in using it too. I know zip about it. I'd like to know more too.

EnchantedPrincess
01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
No, you don't have to sell it for $1..you can accept or decline any offer, or make a counteroffer. If you make a counter offer, and the buyer accept it, you are obligated to sell it at that price.

delmar411
01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Best offer is only linked with Buy It nows. How it works is:

a buyer can either:

a~ buy it now at your price

b~make you an offer of what they want to pay on it

you then~

a~ accept their offer

or

b~ decline their offer

you can set it to auto decline any offers below a certain price point and it will only show you offers above that point.

cats mom
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
There is an additional fee if you want to offer buy it now on an auction.

Adding to the post above:

Or there is option C

counter

I bought something using the best offer option just the other day.
You can absolutely accept or decline, but you can also counter.

I submitted an offer and the seller and I went back and forth a couple of times before we agreed on a price. There is an official counter offer form.

vellamint
01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I dont know if there is an extra cost to list a Best Offer on your listing but I do know you do not have to accept any offer.

Hello....I have noticed you on these boards!! My maiden name was DianeV*** - what a coincidence!!

Anyway thanks everyone........

DianeV
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
LOL my maiden was DianeL

I am using my first name and last name initial by the way

AnninIowa
01-19-2008, 11:33 PM
As a seller, I personally don't use Best Offer as the few times I tried it, all I got were low-ball offers. Plus, it costs more to add the Best Offer feature, and Ebay fees are high enough! I'd recommend either setting the Buy It Now price you want, or starting the item at auction for the bare minimum you are willing to accept.

Good luck!