PDA

View Full Version : 2008 MagicMeets

byoung
01-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Who else is going, we are.

Majestic
01-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Over 700 people in the system already! We can only have 550 or so at the event. :)

Majestic
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Over 800 in the system now!

Charade
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm going!!!

I'm just waiting for the payment system to open up.

Fred, any word on when?

Majestic
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Probably in the next few weeks. Over 840 people in the system now.

Charade
02-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Probably in the next few weeks. Over 840 people in the system now.

Thanks!

PinCrazed
02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I think we are going to be able to go. We have two small children. Are there a lot of activities for the kids? My kids definately need constant entertainment.

kalikat420
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm planning to go. I've registered and booked a room at the Radisson. I'm watching the prices of airline tickets, hoping they might go down a little.

Charade
02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm planning to go. I've registered and booked a room at the Radisson. I'm watching the prices of airline tickets, hoping they might go down a little.

Where are you coming from?

Majestic
02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
There will be kids activities. 3 seperate sessions throughout the day including a magician as one of them. It's not child care though so you can't just drop kids off and leave.

As for distance travelled, we have people coming from Canada, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, all of the Tri State area, Washington State, and lots more. :)

kalikat420
02-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Where are you coming from?

I'm coming from Sarasota, FL.

Charade
02-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm coming from Sarasota, FL.

:eek:

Well, we have had two sisters from Wisconsin attend a couple of times.

vellamint
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I just made our payment!! Our (me and my two girls) first Disney Meet of any kind!! I am excited.....

My girls will be just about 14...anyone know if there are any/many in that age group going? Does the Radisson have a game room lol!!

I am so excited!! This has taken my Disney Hobby to a new level!!

Does anyone know if you book the Radisson if you need to give a deposit right now?

Thanks!!

Disneybren
03-04-2008, 05:20 PM
My husband and I went last year and it was great!! We had to give the Raddison a credit card number but they didn't charge until we got there.
Hope that helps.

byoung
03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Made our payment also. We are staying Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel.

Charade
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Payment sent this morning!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :yay:

vellamint
03-04-2008, 09:46 PM
We will be there Friday and Saturday also....did you need to pay for the hotel right now?? Hope to see you there.

Rob_b
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Payment confirmed. Hotel confirmed. Vacation time requested.
Count down officially begins for Magicmeets 2008.

clombardi
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm going for the first time, too, Vellamint. See you there! My user name is MickeysGirl on Disfriends. Can't wait!

Charade
03-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Got an email from Fred this afternoon.

SOLD OUT!!!

550 people in 38 hours!!! WOW!!!

vellamint
03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Anyone coming with girls in the younger teens age group......

PaulaSue
03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm bummed, I missed it last year and this year it sold out so fast.

I also read that you ned to stay at the hotel to go to some of the events. That is stupid when I live right down the road.

Maybe next year, if I am sitting on the computer the right day...

Charade
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm bummed, I missed it last year and this year it sold out so fast.

I also read that you ned to stay at the hotel to go to some of the events. That is stupid when I live right down the road.

Maybe next year, if I am sitting on the computer the right day...

I didn't read that you need to stay at the hotel to go to some of the events. I live about 2 hours away but I'm only going to the event on Saturday.

vellamint
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I DID read somewhere (maybe on the Events page?) that some events other than the main event that we have already paid for may require that you are staying at the Radisson.

clombardi
03-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I can't wait for the event schedule to come out. This is really helping me get through the fact that I am not currently planning a trip. This is the first time in five years that I don't have a WDW trip in the works, and it is killing me!

chirurgeon
03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
I signed up and am paid with a friend coming along. This is our first time to Magic Meets. We are probably going to Hershey Park on Sunday. Never been there.

Kim

fmy11
04-14-2008, 10:06 PM
We're going! Love being with other disney fans! Fred and his helpers do such a great job! Can't wait!

Kitty-chan
04-28-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll be there too. I'm very excited! This will be my first MagicMeets. Over the past couple years I've developed online friendships with a bunch of Disney fans, but have met very very few of my new friends in person. So, I'll be so glad to get the chance in July!

I'm driving down from Boston, which will make for a long day Friday but no big deal, it'll be worth it. :drive:

tiggerwannabe
05-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Anyone coming with girls in the younger teens age group......

I can tell you four for sure cause they're all working as volunteers with me at the meet :)

Not much longer now...who else from here is going?

:wizard:

Charade
05-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Not much longer now...who else from here is going?

:wave:

Looking forward to it! (again...) See you there!

chaoscent
05-22-2008, 04:58 AM
I will be there. This year I am coming solo. Normally I take my Mom & two Nephews but they got bad report cards at registration time so they aren't allowed to go. This will be my 4th year and I always have a blast. :thumbsup2
Penny:hippie:

Charade
05-22-2008, 07:38 AM
I will be there. This year I am coming solo. Normally I take my Mom & two Nephews but they got bad report cards at registration time so they aren't allowed to go. This will be my 4th year and I always have a blast. :thumbsup2

Your Mom got a bad report card? :rotfl2:

tiggerwannabe
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Your Mom got a bad report card? :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

That's cute~

Hi Penny! :wave:

Hello again Charade~ :wave:

This is my first year going solo out of all five years!

It's gonna be strange but nice...

When I think about it, I'm not really alone with 550+ Disney folks in the room with me huh?

chaoscent
05-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, my 81 year old Mother did not study enough :confused3 Go figure, at her age she should know better. :lmao: :lmao:
Anyway, I think my mom was relieved not to be going as she doesn't see/hear well and would prefer to sit in a comfortable chair, rather than the chairs at the table. Plus it was a long ride in the car for her. She got her Disney fix this year as we joined my niece and her family (husband just returned from Iraq and their 3 lovely daughters) for a week. My niece and her family stayed at the poly (they upgraded them to concierge because he is a soldier:thumbsup2 ). We (my sister, mom and DH stayed at OKW. We had the bestest time. :banana:
I am looking forward to going solo actually. I won't have to worry about anyone but me. which once in a while is a good thing.
Take care and see you there. Penny:hippie:

tiggerwannabe
05-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I am here with Mickey to send out a huge salute to all who serve(d)!

Happy Memorial Day!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/FL1207wAidz/FLScenes/DSC_0449.jpg

I am looking forward to going solo actually. I won't have to worry about anyone but me. which once in a while is a good thing.

That's how I feel Penny...it'll be my first year going totally solo. I look forward to being able to spend more time with my Magicmeet friends and not have to "entertain my company."

I completely missed you last year Charade cause I had a tablefull to entertain. And Penny, in all the years we've worked together we've never had time to have a real conversation!

chaoscent
05-26-2008, 10:37 AM
So this year we will all vow to talk "with" each other. :goodvibes
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends this year.
Penny

sjh801
05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
See you all soon!

tiggerwannabe
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
So this year we will all vow to talk "with" each other. :goodvibes
Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends this year.
Penny

See you all soon!

:thumbsup2 :cool1: :goodvibes :wizard: :dance3:

Scrappin' Stitch
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone. My name is April and you might know me from other Disney message boards (I normally go by Stitch). Anywho I was working on a project for the meet and was hoping some of you could help me.

To commemorate the 5 year anniversary of MagicMeets, I am working on a scrapbook and I am looking for photos, newspaper clippings (scans or originals) and other memorabilia you may have from the previous meets. If you are submitting a photo please try to include the names of the people featured in the picture.

If you have any items and can help me out, please send them to meet@snspapercrafts.com. If any of the items need to be mailed please let me know and Iíll provide you with an address.
I am also looking for stories, testimonials or anecdotes you would like to see included in the book. Simply send me what you want to see included and Iíll add it to the book. Please include the years you attended the meets along with your name and the community you belong to (if applicable). Full names are not required.

Please note that this album, when finished, will be posted online for people to see. Please do not submit anything you would not want posted online.
I cannot guarantee all items will make it into the final album, but I will try my best. Deadline for the items is June 21th.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks in advance for all your help and see you in July!

tiggerwannabe
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I am one of the first forty~

North Jersy, five years ago, my Mom and niece joined me for the very first Fred Meet~

I met Fred and family including Dad that day, I met Lou's family and Verandah Man and got my very first Trivia book.

My niece won one of these, and still has it!

http://www.verandahman.com/DISmeet%20Photos%206-5-04.jpg

Here's the link to Verandahman's album

http://community.webshots.com/album/149724370GEaaEC?start=12

and Buzzlady's

http://community.webshots.com/album/149750133gkvKqt?642

and of course, Fred's

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/149751690zWxxkU?start=0

tiggerwannabe
06-04-2008, 07:30 PM
The three tables and group shot from year one~

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1149754756048657386tPQYhk?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1149754775048657386eyBxaA?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1149754800048657386dRPODu?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1149754303048657386BzIBYx?vhost=good-times

The Cast member pin I went home with~

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1151041181048657386FircxO?vhost=good-times

Scrappin' Stitch
06-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks Tiggerwannabe! See ya at the meet!

tiggerwannabe
06-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Thank you April for taking on this project!

A little more than a month togo~

:woohoo:

Scrappin' Stitch
06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Thank you April for taking on this project!

A little more than a month togo~

I know! Between the auction, the scrap event and the album it's going to be a long couple of weeks to get it all done. But it'll be SO worth it!

Scrappin' Stitch
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I just wanted to share info on anyother MM event happening Sat night.

Please join us on Saturday night after the MagicMeets main event from 8:00 p.m. until Midnight to share your love of scrapbooking. This event will give you an opportunity to talk about preserving your Disney memories with your fellow scrapbookers. There will be product demos, show and tell, door prizes and so much more! Crop space will also be provided for those that choose to bring their supplies and scrap! All skill levels are welcome. Want to start scrapbooking your memories but donít know where to start? Stop by for ideas on how to get started. All ages are invited; however, we require that anyone under the age of 14 be accompanied by an adult.

Please email meet@snspapercrafts.com with the names of all attendees to sign up for the event. Please provide the ages of all children under the age of 14, so we can create age appropriate activities. If possible, please provide your skill level or what you would like to see, so we can tailor the activities to the needs of the attendees.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!

tiggerwannabe
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Here's another picture for your scrapbook if you'd like...

the anniversary one.

Mickey was won by me at the 2006 event. Pluto was bought for me by DH that Christmas to keep Mickey company. Minnie was won in 2007 by a really good friend of mine, she knew I had the Mickey and Pluto and *gave* me her Minnie!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/Momz%20Stuff/DSC_0194.jpg

TeresaNJ
06-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Geez, how did I lose track of this!!! :confused3 I'm so disappointed. I guess I just never traveled over to the Meets board when it was started. Oh well, maybe I'll get to come next year. Darn!

tiggerwannabe
06-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi Teresa!

I was wondering why you haven't joined us again~

Five years and going strong!

TeresaNJ
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Teresa!

I was wondering why you haven't joined us again~

Five years and going strong!

For some reason I thought Fred wasn't doing them anymore. I don't know what gave me that idea. Plus, we moved to Florida for a year for my husband's job, but now we're back in NJ. How've you been? Where are you guys having the meet this year? How can I make sure I don't miss next year's?

tiggerwannabe
06-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I am good, thank you :)

I've been involved with Fred and the meet since year one. It is now called Magicmeets and we can be found at magicmeets.com!

Register there and information will come to you directly via email~

Disneybren
07-01-2008, 08:36 PM
My DH and I are going! This will be our second meet.

tiggerwannabe
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM

:wave:

If anyone's interested in the Dream Team auction,

DWTrivia started posting pictures of the different auction lots today!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/dream-team-project/17074-2008-dream-team-auction-previews.html#post686485

collins316
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Can't wait till next week.
This will be my 3rd year. I'm bringing my Mom. We went together to WDW a few years ago. I'd love to get her to go with me again, but she has some pets that she has a hard time leaving.

Bernie

Charade
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

tiggerwannabe
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I have been blessed enough to have been to all five!

Charade, you've been to quite a few too, haven't you?

Not much longer...

tinker1bell
07-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I am getting so excited. My BFF Stephanie (steffy on the dis) and I only live 40 minutes away but we will be staying Friday night to be able to join more of the action.

Cannot wait!!!:cool1:

Charade
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I have been blessed enough to have been to all five!

Charade, you've been to quite a few too, haven't you?

Not much longer...

This will be my 4th!!

tiggerwannabe
07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Fred and his entire family have exceeded my expectations each and every year...The helpers, the attendees, the sponsors, the speakers - I can't say enough about how much *everyone* involved makes this such a fabulous time.

I arrive around noon on Friday

and won't stop movin til Sunday afternoon :woohoo:

Charade
07-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey!! What time does "check in" start? I was a little late last year and got there at the last moment.

Dan Murphy
07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I do have to make this some year. Fred has 'chastised' me in the past for not coming. I need a new goal.

Charade
07-19-2008, 08:47 PM
I do have to make this some year. Fred has 'chastised' me in the past for not coming. I need a new goal.

It was another successful event! There were a few hitches (the breakout room timing) but other than that, it was great!! You should really join us next year.

tiggerwannabe
07-20-2008, 03:59 PM
I am so sorry I missed your post Charade~I was already in Harrisburg by then..I can guarantee you we are already working on the "glitches" from this year. ::yes:: Make *sure* you fill out the survey Fred sends out afterwards...he does it every year and honestly listens to ALL feedback he receives~

Dan Murphy, I concur with Charade and Fred!

Magicmeets will be in the same place next year, date to be announced in the near future I'm sure~You MUST join us! I would be honored to meet you and can tell you that you will not be disappointed. Imagineer: Dave Anderson and CMO Justin Muchoney were awesome additions to an already stellar "Cast."

Anyone interested in attending next year's Magicmeet, go to Magicmeets.com and register your email for updates thruout the year~

Disneybren
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I have to say it was wondefull!!!!

tinker1bell
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
My BFF Steffy and I had the best time ever. We have already decided to stay both Friday and Saturday nights. Those sleep number beds were awesome!!!!!

I talked with the CMO Justin for just a minute and he said he is coming back next year no matter what.

The best part was hearing the final total $$$ to be given to the Make A Wish Foundation. Everyone was in tears.

I am so excited, I bid on and won breakfast with Deb Wills and will use it on the Mouse Fest Cruise in December.

chaoscent
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
What a fun, fun time. I have gone 4 years but this is the first time I went "solo" without Mom & 2 nephews. It was a wonderful time & I met some great people. Colleen (the volunteer coordinator) was soooo organized. I got to meet Tinker1bell & Steffie and bunches of other people. :goodvibes It was a great time and I am looking forward to next year. :cool1:

Charade
07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Maybe at the end of the next one, the DISers that attended could meet up for a face to face.

chaoscent
07-20-2008, 09:13 PM
That sounds like fun. My shirts that I wore Friday & Sunday had my Dis name on them, but I was a volunteer so wore the Volunteer one on Saturday. This would have been a grat opportunity to meet other people I only know by their screen name. :goodvibes

tinker1bell
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Maybe at the end of the next one, the DISers that attended could meet up for a face to face.

I know that I sure would like to do that and so would Steffy. Especially since we plan to stay Saturday night next year. We will not do Hershey so that would work just fine.

tiggerwannabe
07-21-2008, 12:14 AM
I have duly noted the request for a DISboards meet and will see if that's possible since we're now working on next year...

....you all have the honor of being second in the WORLD to see this...

after Fred, of course ;)

I worked on it all day...and it works just fine now :woohoo:

clicky clicky~

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/0708/th_d8b2c6f7.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/0708/?action=view&current=d8b2c6f7.pbr)

as far as being organized, my staff made it happen~

my link isn't working...comebody tell me if it's working on your end?

LY all MI!

colleen.

Here's another version for now...

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/0708/?albumview=slideshow

chaoscent
07-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Colleen - that's you :laughing: I didn't realize it. The slide show was great. The event was great and you are great. :thumbsup2
It was a fun time. Penny :hippie:

tiggerwannabe
07-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Colleen - that's you :laughing: I didn't realize it. The slide show was great. The event was great and you are great. :thumbsup2
It was a fun time. Penny :hippie:

;) :thumbsup2 :hug: :wizard:

Dan Murphy
07-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Nice slide show!! :thumbsup2 Looks like another nice, successful Meet. :cool1:

vellamint
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone!! I had such a great time at my first Magic Meets and so did my two daughters!!!!

Looking forward to the announcement of the days for next year and will probably be solo this time as that weekend is usually the last day of an annual family trip to the Poconos. (I will leave that a day early.) I would LOVE a Dis meet there.....I really didnt see anyone I "knew": at all - lol.

Anyway.....here is slideshow of some of my photos.http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Vellamint/Magic%20Meets/?albumview=slideshow

There are a bunch of hotel photos....thought some might like to see where you would stay....

chaoscent
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Diane - nice photos :goodvibes Thanks for sharing. Isn't the internet a wonderful invention. 15 years ago this wasn't possible for the average joe. What a long way we have come. :cheer2: :flower3:
penny :hippie:

Charade
07-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Nice pics!! I didn't take any...

One other thing that I thought of was the guy from MouseSurplus walking around selling his wares. I thought that was extremely tacky. And trust me, I've been on the DIS for 8 years and I know tacky!!! :lmao:

If he comes again next year, and I hope he does cause he's got some really cool stuff, that someone tells him to stay behind his table.

chirurgeon
07-22-2008, 09:45 AM
This was my first Magic Meets and I had a FANTASTIC time. I loved the entire Meet. I can't wait for next year. A DisBoards Meet and Greet would be great. I can't wait until Mouse Fest.

Kim

IASW Rider
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey Everyone!

So wonderful to see you all at the Meet! It was another great and fun weekend and a magically successful event! Can't wait 'til next year!! :)

And lots of thanks and praise to our FEARLESS LEADER, Colleen, and all of her fantastic efforts, as always! :)

Not to mention our ULTIMATE FEARLESS LEADER, Fred, who has once again produced a very special and memorable weekend for so many people! :)

See you all at MagicMeet 6 in '09! :)

Charade
07-25-2008, 11:53 AM
See you all at MagicMeet 6 in '09! :)

:thumbsup2

tiggerwannabe
07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
And lots of thanks and praise to our FEARLESS LEADER, Colleen, and all of her fantastic efforts, as always!

:blush: :hug: :wizard: :thumbsup2