PDA

View Full Version : need airfare advice- should I book?

sz9144
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
for the week in july we are going to disney, airfare has been around $1100-1200 for all 4 of us.

I saw today on USA3000 that round trip to tampa/st pete we can go for $738- is this enough of a savings to have to rent a car and drive from st. pete? a car would be about $200 for the week.

the flight out of chicago to st pete is only $64 per person, so I was thinking of booking just that leg of it, and trying to get a one way out of orlando with another airline.

help!

snomofinn
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Were in Chicago and we always fly out of O'Hare and I have never paid more then $800.00 round trip for 4 of us. This year however I have a travel voucher so I could get round trip on American for 4 of us for $500.00 including my 2 vouchers! :banana: I hate to be inconvenienced when I travel I would just pay the extra money and not have to worry about the rental situation.

5boyz
01-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I would wait...I don't book my flights for July until May, I watch the airlines everyday. Where are you booking from? Chicago? I book one way, watch every morning to see the price change, when/if it goes down, you cancel rebook and get a credit to put to your return.....I did it last year....I started at 69. one way and got it about 1or 2 weeks later for 34. I got $140. credit for this year:cool1: But your way is good too, you get a rental car out of it and it is still less than your original flight.:banana: