PDA

View Full Version : Will someone please explain "Pinecone" to me?

tycopj
01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Every so often I see a post about a Pinecone banner and I don't know what it is. I tried doing a search, but the search function doesn't seem to be working.

Can someone explain this to me? :goodvibes

Thanks

tlbwriter
01-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Pinecone Research is a company that does consumer research. Once you join their board, you'll get questionnaires and product samples, and you get paid for your responses. They generally do not allow you to just go to the website and join, but if they're looking for people in a particular demographic, they'll run a banner ad on a website that appeals to those people (for example, if they're looking for parents of infants, they might have an ad on a page related to infants). When people report a banner, they're saying they've spotted one of those banner ads, and you can click to sign up.

tycopj
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Pinecone Research is a company that does consumer research. Once you join their board, you'll get questionnaires and product samples, and you get paid for your responses. They generally do not allow you to just go to the website and join, but if they're looking for people in a particular demographic, they'll run a banner ad on a website that appeals to those people (for example, if they're looking for parents of infants, they might have an ad on a page related to infants). When people report a banner, they're saying they've spotted one of those banner ads, and you can click to sign up.

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting and fun. I might just have to join.:thumbsup2

Spoodleink
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
If you looking for a banner I have seen them over on Dooce (http://www.dooce.com) under the daliy picture and daily style.