PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Disney Party - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

MarinaD
01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I wanted to get everyone's opinions on having my daughter's 2nd birthday party in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme..

Has anyone had one already? What types of invitations did you send out? What type of food? What kind of party favors?

I saw that they have 16" Mickeys' for $5.99, I thought those were great party favors?

HELP!

Minniemouse07
01-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Dd had a Mickey and Minnie party last year for her 6th birthday. Since all I could find was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse stuff...I did it all on my own!

I found an image of Mickey and Minnie and traced them in a drawing program to make invitations. Then I used the same image on her bday cake (bakery took the file and used it as a "photo" to inkjet it in food coloring on the cake).

We used plain red and white tablecloths, utensils, plate and napkins.

For goody bags I found mickey head party bubbles (can't find them online right now but it was a small round "bottle" of bubble and the cap was mickey ears!), mickey and friends stampers along with a few generic things.

For a 2yo party... I think just the mickey plush would be enough of a favor w/o doing a bag. It is so difficult to find good "favors" for that age. I know when dd was 1 and 2yo, I gave out books for favors.

Have fun! Ds just turned two but we didn't have a party for him .... we were at WDW for his birthday and I thought that was celebration enough!

Bren's Mom
01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I haven't planned a Mickey b-day but this site has lots of MM Clubhouse b-day stuff:

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/kids-birthday-party-mickeys-clubhouse-c-1076_1130.html?gclid=CMDW3Yn1_5ACFQ2nGgod622EGQ

They have a 4pack of ears for $3.35...those would be fun!

Be sure to click on the #2 and the #3 at the bottom of the page. Under Party Decorations they have the cake decorating kit...if you make it yourself and use the kit it's probably cheaper than buying at the store. And under Party Favors they have temporary tattoos (MM and friends)...those are always a big hit with my little one at parties.

For invites...I'd make my own! Surely you'll be able to find some clip art...or have pics from a Disney trip maybe? And just print a fun border with a pic and the info on 8x11 paper...or on specialty bday border paper which can be found at Staples, not very expensive.

Have fun!

MNFootballMommy
01-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Birthday Express (birthdayexpress.com) also has MM Clubhouse stuff. Do you have a MM cookie cutter? It would be cute to have the cake or ice cream cut into the icon shape!:earsboy:

jenniferma
01-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi-- www.birthdaypartyideas.com is a great place to find ideas for parties!

Also-- for favors for my DD4 we made cds for the kids-- I downloaded all the Disney songs we had and I burned them little (in this case Princess) cds-- they were a big hit!

good luck planning. I just saw a big section of MMCH in the birthdayexpress catalog too.
jen

jenniferma
01-18-2008, 10:07 AM
also-- here are some cute invites:

http://www.taylorcard.com/grouplist.asp?groupid=28

you can order them blank too and print them yourself!

have a great time- jen

MarinaD
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
What would you do with the Mickey's??? tie some ribbon to make them a gift? Or would you put them in some sort of wrapping??

Ya I'm goin to order the invites with the balloons and mickey -- I can't wait!

austin&pipermom
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
For my DD 2nd birthday in March we are doing MM clubhouse too. :cool1: She loves minnie but this is all we can find. Since we are having just family and a couple of neighbors we our printing our invites off of the disney.com website. They have invites, make your own ears and some ideas for food, games and favors.