PDA

View Full Version : Roozlilone PJ/TR Saying "I Do" Again 7/17/08...Processional & Vows!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

padisneyfour
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
The girls look beautiful!!! The dresses look great!:goodvibes

WithDisneySpirit
06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
That is the sweetest picture of your little girls!!!!!! I love it :goodvibes :goodvibes

29apr00
06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh the girls are too cute!!! I love those dresses, where did you get them??

I'm sorry you are having people back out!! I'd come if I were down there. ;)

I hope you can switch to SBP if that is what you want to do.

adisneygal
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
The girls are adorable!

inkedupmomma
06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!:hug: good luck with switching places!!

Mama of Indybride
06-21-2008, 10:44 PM
What beautiful little ladies!

Good luck with the change in your location! I hope it works out for you and your MOH has a great time with no problems!

AND...I hope your wedding is fantabulous!

:yay: :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana:

alissa2008
06-21-2008, 11:55 PM
gorgeous FGs! Good luck with your WC!!

IndyBride
06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
The girls looks so great!!! They both looks so happy to be in their pretty dresses!

Lynn5700
06-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Your girls are beautiful!!!!! They look so happy and excited :)

Lynn5700
06-22-2008, 01:25 AM
oh and I hope you can work something out with your location! good luck

keenercam
06-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Kaitlyn and Hannah look beautiful! The dresses are so pretty on them! Just imagine the family pictures you are going to have from your VR! :)

Lizby
06-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Jodi, your girls look ADORABLE in their dresses! They fit them perfectly! :goodvibes Good luck with the location change!!! :hug:

You are SO close!!! How exciting!! :dance3:

accountingbabe08
06-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Your girls look beautiful in their dresses. They must be getting excited!!!!

roozlilone
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
The girls look beautiful!!! The dresses look great!:goodvibes

That is the sweetest picture of your little girls!!!!!! I love it :goodvibes :goodvibes

The girls looks so great!!! They both looks so happy to be in their pretty dresses!

Your girls are beautiful!!!!! They look so happy and excited :)

The girls are adorable!

Thanks! I think they look beautiful too, but I'm partial! :laughing:

Oh the girls are too cute!!! I love those dresses, where did you get them??

I'm sorry you are having people back out!! I'd come if I were down there. ;)

I hope you can switch to SBP if that is what you want to do.

I got their dresses from David's Bridal! They actually have a brides version of the dress that is simply stunning! I'm sure you could think of some good reason to make an extra trip to Disney (does anyone really need a reason?), the more the merrier! :goodvibes

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!:hug: good luck with switching places!!

What beautiful little ladies!

Good luck with the change in your location! I hope it works out for you and your MOH has a great time with no problems!

AND...I hope your wedding is fantabulous!

:yay: :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay: :banana:

gorgeous FGs! Good luck with your WC!!

Thanks! I plan on calling tomorrow morning. I will let you guys know what happens! :goodvibes

Kaitlyn and Hannah look beautiful! The dresses are so pretty on them! Just imagine the family pictures you are going to have from your VR! :)

I'm so looking forward to getting some family pics! It's been years since we done any formal pics together! :goodvibes

Jodi, your girls look ADORABLE in their dresses! They fit them perfectly! :goodvibes Good luck with the location change!!! :hug:

You are SO close!!! How exciting!! :dance3:

We leave in 19 days!! :banana: :banana:

Your girls look beautiful in their dresses. They must be getting excited!!!!

Yes, they are getting very excited! We normally go in June so having to wait another month is killing them!

Keira1387
06-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Your girls look so pretty in their dresses!!

pink_tink8i8
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
The girls look fantastic! How princessy are they! Adorable!

DisneyBrideToni
06-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Aww the girls are so pretty!! I love the dresses. They are like little princesses.princess:

irisbud
06-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Your girls look beautiful! Good luck with your location change (crossing my fingers for you!)

roozlilone
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Woohoo...:cool1: :cool1: We switched to SBP! I can't believe it was open on such short notice and my WC was so great about everything! Wow, I'm so excited about the change but for about a year now I've "envisioned" my VR at the YCG so it's going to take a little getting use too! ::yes:: I had the whole thing planned in my head...:eek: I don't have any decorations for the SBP, so I hope it will still look nice. After I told Joe that we got SBP, he was like "great, that is where I really wanted to have it." Heck, I didn't even know that! He thought I really wanted the YCG so he didn't say anything. He is such a great hubby!! :love:

29apr00
06-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Glad you were able to switch your location!! I'm sure all your decorations will be fine!! So nice of you to consider your guests comfort like that! :lovestruc

keenercam
06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Jodi -- I am so glad this worked out for you. :thumbsup2 And just think of the Disney Magic at work - Joe got his dream location in the end! :yay: But what a sweetheart he was to not assert his preference so that you could plan for YCG. :lovestruc

BayouPrincess
06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Jodi,

That's fantastic! I'm so glad this worked out for you! I love Sea Breeze Point, the biggest reason I like it, is that it is a pretty venue without all the fuss over decoration. The only decos we're having is aisle petals!

I don't remember if I posted about your girls' dresses, but they are just beautiful! They will certainly be the princesses of the day, because their mother will be the queen! :lovestruc

padisneyfour
06-24-2008, 03:40 PM
That is great that you could change locations and make your DH happy Too!Things work out they way they should!!!! :goodvibes congrats!!!Your day is so close!!!!

DecemberBride
06-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I was hoping it would all work out for you!!!!!!! SBP is an awesome location and you'll have a great time!

roozlilone
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Good morning all! Okay, I need some help! I want to order some rose petals for the aisle of SBP (my only decoration)! First, how many cups do you think I need to order? It's one cup per square foot, how many square feet is the aisle at SBP? Second question, what color should I order? My colors for the wedding are ivory/gold. My bouquet is ivory roses with gold accents and the same for the girls. Should I go with a yellow gold rose petal? Or a completely different color? Like pink? I want a color to POP! Please help!!!

Petal #1:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/ROSE3.jpg

Petal #2:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/ROSE2.jpg

Petal #3:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/ROSE1.jpg

:goodvibes

padisneyfour
06-25-2008, 08:33 AM
of the three I would go with petal 2, but for "POP" pink would work! Good luck. I am so glad everything is working out for you!!!!:goodvibes

alissa2008
06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree, love petal 2 -- maybe mix petal 1 and 2?? :confused3

Also, Floral told me (I'm a sbp petal girl too) that they usually just give you $65 dollars worth... I think that's what Lynn had if you check out her TR... seemed good to me! :confused3

lov2b@disney
06-25-2008, 08:46 AM
If you go with yellow/gold go with #2!!

We did mixed petals and I wish we wouldve went with a darker solid for more pop~!

WithDisneySpirit
06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
What about rose petals that are yellow with pink tips for pop like this hug sort of? :hug:

roozlilone
06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
If you go with yellow/gold go with #2!!

We did mixed petals and I wish we wouldve went with a darker solid for more pop~!

Lov2B,

OMG, hey :wave2: Are you back? Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your wedding! :goodvibes

BayouPrincess
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Jodi,
Here is what I asked for:

A combination of all the colors of my bouquet. I am having all roses, some solid yellow, some yellow with red tips and a few black magic reds. Laura told me we could do a combination of all of those for the aisle.

I do think that the shocking pink, like Carrie's in Morocco would look good too and you'd have your POP, you could do that with the deep red also.

OceanGdss
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I love number 2, it has a mix of both colors and the solid pops quite a bit against the white of SBP. Remember, its all white..so dark colors like that will pop more than you think. Even light pink shows up there. As for square footage...I would guestimate that the aisle is 4ft wide by 15-16ft long. So 60-70 cups? Wow..that sounds like a lot lol. I would just run it by floral :thumbsup2

irisbud
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Jodi,
Here is what I asked for:

A combination of all the colors of my bouquet. I am having all roses, some solid yellow, some yellow with red tips and a few black magic reds. Laura told me we could do a combination of all of those for the aisle.

I do think that the shocking pink, like Carrie's in Morocco would look good too and you'd have your POP, you could do that with the deep red also.

First, congratulations on changing your venue.
Second, as soon as you said "POP" I thought of the petals Carrie had as well. I think they would be a good contrast for you! Whatever you decide will be beautiful!

lurkyloo
06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I vote for fuchsia! :hyper:

But those yellow ones are very pretty, and you don't see that color very often in the aisle - it would be beautiful. :thumbsup2

roozlilone
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I vote for fuchsia! :hyper:

But those yellow ones are very pretty, and you don't see that color very often in the aisle - it would be beautiful. :thumbsup2

Lurkyloo,
I was going to ask you what color that was! :laughing: The fuchusia is a beautiful color and it looked great with your wedding! ::yes:: I think that is why I want a BOLD color is because of the fabulous pics in your TR...your rose petals almost took on a life of there own! :goodvibes

I'm leaning towards the 2nd yellow...I want something really bright and colorful. My hubby is the complete opposite and wants a color that blends, yuck! :confused3

I've been torn with buying them myself or getting Disney to handle it. I just got a price of $100 from my WC just for the aisle at SBP, light coverage! :eek: Yet again, prices never seem to be consistent across the board. I think I'll just buy them myself! :goodvibes

lurkyloo
06-25-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm leaning towards the 2nd yellow...I want something really bright and colorful. My hubby is the complete opposite and wants a color that blends, yuck! :confused3

I've been torn with buying them myself or getting Disney to handle it. I just got a price of $100 from my WC just for the aisle at SBP, light coverage! :eek: Yet again, prices never seem to be consistent across the board. I think I'll just buy them myself! :goodvibes

No, no, no - we don't want color to blend...then it'll blend right into the background! :cutie:

Have you checked out www.flyboynaturals.com? (I'm thinking you have....). You could buy petals from them and have someone from your family scatter them in the aisle for you.

Also, you can always just tell Disney "I want $50 worth of petals" - it's very flexible. They prolly think you want more coverage so they're quoting you high.

PhilHarMaestro
06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi, I just wanted to let you know, I spoke with rosie yesterday and was told rose petals for SPB would be $65. I'm an escape bride, but I don't see how that could make a difference.

lov2b@disney
06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I paid $100 for our aisle petals- just fyi

here are ours- they were 3 colors- pink,champagne and white-pretty but I think I shouldve went with a little more bold- more pink--

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/sjrke/100_3655.jpg

Keira1387
06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I really like # 2. I think they would look really pretty!

roozlilone
06-25-2008, 02:01 PM
No, no, no - we don't want color to blend...then it'll blend right into the background! :cutie:

Have you checked out www.flyboynaturals.com? (I'm thinking you have....). You could buy petals from them and have someone from your family scatter them in the aisle for you.

Also, you can always just tell Disney "I want $50 worth of petals" - it's very flexible. They prolly think you want more coverage so they're quoting you high.

:laughing: Yes, that is where I got the photos (flyboysnaturals.com). FYI, they are running a June sale for all you brides out there!

Get this girls, I emailed my WC and told her thanks, but no thanks on the $100 worth of rose petals (mind you I made it clear I wanted very light coverage when she quoted me $100). She just emailed me back and said they could do it for $65!! I feel like I'm buying a car or something! :rotfl: Lots of negotiating going on...I was going to order from flyboys but $65 is about what I would have spent. So, I think I will use Disney! So WHAT COLOR? I want bold! Do you think I should ask for Yellow Gold rose petals like #2 photo?? :goodvibes

roozlilone
06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Carrie, thanks for the inspiration and the best groom and bride hat ever!! It took me 6 months but I finally finished them (well, actually I can't take the credit). My "Martha Stewart" sister was going to do it for me but she hasn't been feeling well so Joe finished the job for her! :thumbsup2 Not quite as good as Carrie's hats but I'm happy with them! :lovestruc

Here are our hats, I can't wait to wear them!!!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/DSCN15982.jpg

:yay: :yay: Only 2 Weeks Until We Leave for Disney! :yay: :yay:

lpizzuro123
06-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Lots of good info. I am glad to get the price of the petals on the aisle. We were originally quoted a price of $800 for a floral runner. It was an actual runner with flowers printed on them. This is not what I wanted. I am now getting regular petals in Italy for I think $65.00. I was going to use just red but now I might do red and white. When I told them what I wanted (and showed them lurkyloo's photos) they said they could not guarantee they would not blow away. I said that was fine.

I also love the bride and groom hats. I was going to make the bride hat but my girlfriends bought me the bride headband and I wore it for my shower and it was very comfortable. I might make the groom one thought as my DF tried it on when we were in Disney and it was a bit small for him.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

padisneyfour
06-27-2008, 08:48 PM
the hats look GREAT!!!! They did a wonderful job!!! you are getting so close!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

JonetteA
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
You did a great job on the hats. Sometimes the hats for the guys are a little hard to wear because they seem sized small.

DecemberBride
06-27-2008, 09:11 PM
yes, really great job! i wish i could do that!

roozlilone
06-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Lots of good info. I am glad to get the price of the petals on the aisle. We were originally quoted a price of $800 for a floral runner. It was an actual runner with flowers printed on them. This is not what I wanted. I am now getting regular petals in Italy for I think $65.00. I was going to use just red but now I might do red and white. When I told them what I wanted (and showed them lurkyloo's photos) they said they could not guarantee they would not blow away. I said that was fine.

I also love the bride and groom hats. I was going to make the bride hat but my girlfriends bought me the bride headband and I wore it for my shower and it was very comfortable. I might make the groom one thought as my DF tried it on when we were in Disney and it was a bit small for him.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

We are getting a mix of yellow rose petals for $65. I'm happy with that price. I just didn't want to pay $100!! Oh, yes I agree about the groom's hat. I don't know many men that could fit into that hat! And I really wanted a hat Joe would wear & it would be comfortable! When I saw Carrie's hats I knew I had to try it! It was such a great idea! :thumbsup2

the hats look GREAT!!!! They did a wonderful job!!! you are getting so close!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks! So close yet so far! I'm so ready to leave and it's taking forever to get here!! :laughing:

You did a great job on the hats. Sometimes the hats for the guys are a little hard to wear because they seem sized small.

The Disney Groom's hat is way too small and not comfortable at all!!

yes, really great job! i wish i could do that!

I wish I could too! Had I tried to do it, I would have destroyed those hats! My sister can do everything! She is simply amazing. She started them and Joe finished it! Great team work! :goodvibes

lurkyloo
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Wowie wow wow! Those hats look GREAT! Watch out - you guys are going to be stopped constantly by people asking where you bought them. :thumbsup2

Now get ready for the free desserts to pour in.... :rotfl:

Donald'sGirl
06-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I like the 1st petal picture but they might not be bold enough for the POP you are looking for. I have a qustion about the petals from flyboynaturals.com - what do the petals look and feel like? Do they feel like fresh petals? :confused3 I would like to order from there for what I need but am not sure of the quality of doing it instead of Disney.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic, I LOVE you hats! Those are fantastic!
Laura

adisneygal
06-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I like the 1st petal picture but they might not be bold enough for the POP you are looking for. I have a qustion about the petals from flyboynaturals.com - what do the petals look and feel like? Do they feel like fresh petals? :confused3 I would like to order from there for what I need but am not sure of the quality of doing it instead of Disney.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic, I LOVE you hats! Those are fantastic!
Laura

YOu can order samples...
http://www.flyboynaturals.com/petal-samples.html

Back on topic, I like the 1st pic as well. Also love the hats but I have to get the headband as I dont look good in ball caps.

irisbud
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Love the hats! I wish I was that talented, they came out great!

29apr00
06-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Great job on the hats!!

lov2b@disney
06-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Awesome job on the hats!:goodvibes

roozlilone
06-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Wowie wow wow! Those hats look GREAT! Watch out - you guys are going to be stopped constantly by people asking where you bought them. :thumbsup2

Now get ready for the free desserts to pour in.... :rotfl:

That's what I'm hoping for....free desserts! Yumm! :rotfl:

Love the hats! I wish I was that talented, they came out great!

Great job on the hats!!

Awesome job on the hats!:goodvibes

Thanks Guys! I think I'm more excited about wearing my hat than my dress! :laughing:

hlrababy
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I can't believe I just found your report!!!!!! I have to start at the beginning but I am so excited for you!

roozlilone
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: We leave one week from today! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I had to do my dance! :rotfl: I can't believe we are leaving in a week! It feels almost unreal! I spent all of the 4th turning my dining room table into "Disney Central." I have my welcome bags complete, finished the tshirts, bought everything for the trip, I think! :rolleyes: Cleaned the car, cut the grass, washed clothes (yes we like to start packing early).

And on the family front, my older sister FINALLY made her reservation! :cool1: She called me on Monday and gave me her ressie #. I was in shock! :eek: So, everyone is coming. We are at 20 including Joe & I and the kids. This will be the longest week ever at work! :surfweb: I'm not sure how I will survive. Disney is calling! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I am so excited for you and your family.... I can't imagine how you are feeling....
YOU will be on your way so very soon! WOO HOO!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

29apr00
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
So excited for you!! I can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about it!!

WithDisneySpirit
07-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh, Jodi! You are about to have the most awesome experience when you have your VR! I am personally sure of it :goodvibes

Keira1387
07-05-2008, 08:49 PM
how exciting! Your so close!!

MiaBella05
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
loving it!!

roozlilone
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I am so excited for you and your family.... I can't imagine how you are feeling....
YOU will be on your way so very soon! WOO HOO!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So excited for you!! I can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about it!!

Oh, Jodi! You are about to have the most awesome experience when you have your VR! I am personally sure of it :goodvibes

how exciting! Your so close!!

loving it!!

Thanks Guys!

Well, Joe has twisted my arm...we are going to leave Friday instead of Saturday! :woohoo: He would leave today if he could! He says he just can't wait any longer! We plan on leaving around 5 p.m. and driving to Tallahassee and then drive to Orlando on Saturday to spend our FREE Starwood awards night at the Sheraton in Orlando before we check into the AKL on Sunday. :sad1: It's free so I can't complain, but I just hate spending a night off property! Gosh, only 2 days! Unbelievable! :goodvibes

29apr00
07-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Woo hooo for leaving early!! Can't wait to hear all about your awesome trip!!

WithDisneySpirit
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
You will be glad you did - I loved going early with my parents!!!! :goodvibes

lov2b@disney
07-09-2008, 10:19 AM
:yay: :yay: Yeah for going early! We went 2 days early and I was so glad to have that time just the 5 of us!(so intimate:rotfl: -like our whole honeymoon)

And for staying off site- your still that much closer to the world!!!:cool1:

keenercam
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Jodi -- :woohoo: on leaving early! :yay: So excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes pixiedust:

padisneyfour
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
:goodvibes OHHH Jodi, Congrats on leaving early!!!! :banana: I truly wish you and your familyall the best for an amazing VR!!!!! It is so exciting to see couples and families celebrating something so very important and special!: best wishes for a truly wonderful trip/VR!!!! :goodvibes :cool1:

irisbud
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah! I'm so excited for you!

tlhbdm
07-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow! I've lurked here and there but today I started reading and I was hooked! I read all 22 pages front to back(while I was at work, shhhhh....) all your plans sound awesome and you look beautiful in your dress. Can't wait to see pics!

roozlilone
07-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Woo hooo for leaving early!! Can't wait to hear all about your awesome trip!!

You will be glad you did - I loved going early with my parents!!!! :goodvibes

:yay: :yay: Yeah for going early! We went 2 days early and I was so glad to have that time just the 5 of us!(so intimate:rotfl: -like our whole honeymoon)

And for staying off site- your still that much closer to the world!!!:cool1:

Jodi -- :woohoo: on leaving early! :yay: So excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes pixiedust:

:goodvibes OHHH Jodi, Congrats on leaving early!!!! :banana: I truly wish you and your familyall the best for an amazing VR!!!!! It is so exciting to see couples and families celebrating something so very important and special!: best wishes for a truly wonderful trip/VR!!!! :goodvibes :cool1:

Yeah! I'm so excited for you!

Wow! I've lurked here and there but today I started reading and I was hooked! I read all 22 pages front to back(while I was at work, shhhhh....) all your plans sound awesome and you look beautiful in your dress. Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks guys for the well wishes! We are so excited, I don't know if we will sleep the next couple of nights! I wanted to share a pic of a tshirt my sister gave me for my birthday a couple of days ago! Short story behind the shirt. I'm a HUGE Muppet fan, my nickname as a child was "kermit." That is one reason I chose "The Rainbow Connection" song for our unity candle ceremony! So anyhoo......I just love my tshirt and can't wait to wear it at Disney, perfect for our VR:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Picture024frog.jpg

irisbud
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Cute!

jwwi
07-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Joining in, have a great trip. Your girls are so adorable, they must be so excited to see their parents "get married again". I read somewhere, I am sure it is a famous quote: "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". You are blessed to have such a great family.

BTW the proposal at MK brought tears to my eyes too.:love:

Have fun.

pixiemama3
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Have a magical trip. Everything looks great and cant wait ot hear how it goes.

WithDisneySpirit
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Great shirt! Looking forward to reading your TR and seeing you wear it on your trip :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
your shirt is adorable!

IndyBride
07-10-2008, 12:20 AM
That's a super cute shirt!!!

lov2b@disney
07-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Cute shirt!:lovestruc

Cant wait to hear all about your trip!

DisneyFairy19
07-10-2008, 08:19 AM
what a cute shirt.. I love it

29apr00
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
That shirt is adorable!

padisneyfour
07-10-2008, 08:53 AM
That is cute. I love the rainbow connection song...."the lovers, the dreamers and me....":goodvibes

roozlilone
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Cute!

Thanks! Super Cute! :thumbsup2

Joining in, have a great trip. Your girls are so adorable, they must be so excited to see their parents "get married again". I read somewhere, I am sure it is a famous quote: "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". You are blessed to have such a great family.

BTW the proposal at MK brought tears to my eyes too.:love:

Have fun.

Oh, thanks, such a lovely quote. :lovestruc Joe is a wonderful father & husband. I know I'm blessed and I that is one of the main reasons we decided to do a VR. I've learned the hard way that you need to appreciate what you have and cherish it everyday! :goodvibes

Have a magical trip. Everything looks great and cant wait ot hear how it goes.

Can't wait to start a TR! My brother is bringing his laptop so hopefully I can post some pics while I'm there! :goodvibes

Great shirt! Looking forward to reading your TR and seeing you wear it on your trip :goodvibes

your shirt is adorable!

That's a super cute shirt!!!

Cute shirt!:lovestruc

Cant wait to hear all about your trip!

what a cute shirt.. I love it

That shirt is adorable!

Thanks Guys! My sister knows me so well, she always picks out the best presents! :goodvibes

That is cute. I love the rainbow connection song...."the lovers, the dreamers and me....":goodvibes

That song makes me cry everytime I hear it. It always reminds me of my Dad. :sad1:

Getting off work at 5 p.m. and then it's time to pack, we leave at NOON tomorrow! :goodvibes

tlhbdm
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Have fun packing.

padisneyfour
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Have a wonderful trip! :cool1: enjoy and stay safe!!!! best wishes!

accountingbabe08
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Have a safe and a blessed trip. Can't wait to read about your vow renewal when you return.:thumbsup2

roozlilone
07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to say BYE to everyone! We are on our way! Thanks for everyone's help and well wishes! We will be back next Saturday! :wave2:

accountingbabe08
07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Have a safe trip!!! I hope you and your family have a blast

lov2b@disney
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Jodi-Have a fabulous time! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get home!

Donald'sGirl
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Have a wonderful time!! Say hi to Mickey for us! ::MickeyMo

29apr00
07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Have a great time Jodi!! I can't wait to hear all about your VR!!!

DisneyBrideToni
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Have a safe trip!!! Can't wait to hear about your VR!

irisbud
07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Have a great trip Jodi! Sending lots of Pixie Dust wishes your way!

padisneyfour
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry I missed your exit, but have a wonderful trip and VR!!!:goodvibes

Keira1387
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Bye! Have a safe trip!!!

lurkyloo
07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
BYE!!! :wave2:

Lisacope
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Bye Jodi - Please have a great trip and don't let the VR go by too fast - enjoy it!

padisneyfour
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Jody,I know I am early but wanted to say have a magical VR tomorrow and enjoy your DAY!

CELEBRATE and ENJOY! Happy WEDDING DAY!
best wishes tammy

accountingbabe08
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I hope you have lots of pixie dust at your vow renewal. I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope you enjoy your day.

Belinda

padisneyfour
07-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Just had to say happy wedding VR day to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy and celebrate!:goodvibes

lov2b@disney
07-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Have a Magical Day! :pixiedust:

WithDisneySpirit
07-17-2008, 07:49 AM
:goodvibes May you have a beautiful and magical vow renewal!! :lovestruc

sungela
07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Happy VR Day!!! We can't wait til you come back and start your TR! :rotfl2:

DisneyBrideToni
07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
HAVE A HAPPY VR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Keira1387
07-17-2008, 09:02 AM
HAPPY VR DAY!!!

29apr00
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Happy Vow Renewal Day Jodi!!

tlhbdm
07-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Happy VR Day!!!!!

irisbud
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Happy VR day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald'sGirl
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
HAPPY VR DAY!!

I hope everything goes beautifully for you and your family!!

jessesgirl-080708
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Hope you have a magical vow renewal! Congratulations!!

Goldeelox9
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I hope you have a magical day today! :cool1:

disneygal922
07-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Happy VR day!! Hope you have a very magical trip!!

Lizby
07-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi Jodi! DH and I were in the Boardwalk area yesterday during your VR and we saw a glimpse of you two walking back down the aisle together and taking a couple pics and I just wanted to say you looked beautiful and SO happy! I was glad to see that the weather held off for you...I was getting nervous because of all the lightning and thunder, but you were lucky! DH said it was because he brought the umbrella from the car just in case, so naturally it didn't rain. :rotfl2: Anyways, congrats and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

roozlilone
07-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I hope you have lots of pixie dust at your vow renewal. I'm so happy for you and your family. I hope you enjoy your day.

Belinda

Just had to say happy wedding VR day to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy and celebrate!:goodvibes

Have a Magical Day! :pixiedust:

:goodvibes May you have a beautiful and magical vow renewal!! :lovestruc

Happy VR Day!!! We can't wait til you come back and start your TR! :rotfl2:

HAVE A HAPPY VR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

HAPPY VR DAY!!!

Happy Vow Renewal Day Jodi!!

Happy VR Day!!!!!

Happy VR day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY VR DAY!!

I hope everything goes beautifully for you and your family!!

Hope you have a magical vow renewal! Congratulations!!

I hope you have a magical day today! :cool1:

Happy VR day!! Hope you have a very magical trip!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!! :goodvibes

roozlilone
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Jodi! DH and I were in the Boardwalk area yesterday during your VR and we saw a glimpse of you two walking back down the aisle together and taking a couple pics and I just wanted to say you looked beautiful and SO happy! I was glad to see that the weather held off for you...I was getting nervous because of all the lightning and thunder, but you were lucky! DH said it was because he brought the umbrella from the car just in case, so naturally it didn't rain. :rotfl2: Anyways, congrats and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

OMG! That's so cool you saw me!! Can you believe it didn't rain???? :laughing: I thought the bottom was going to fall out right in the middle of the ceremony!!

Congrats to you too! Can't wait to start reading your TR! Your pics are great! You looked beautiful! Trying to upload some of mine now!! :goodvibes

roozlilone
07-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey guys! Just got back from an 8 hour drive from Disney! It's great to be back home but already missing Disney! :sad1: Our Vow Renewal was truly magical (is it okay to say it was better than the first??) 80% chance of rain, dark looming clouds, thunder and lightening....but IT NEVER RAINED! A true blessing and miracle from God! I will try to start my TR soon, it will probably take me half the night to upload 400 pics!! :eek: But in the mean time, here are some:

Me, Kaitlyn & Hannah & my Mom!!
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture228.jpg

Me & Joe getting into the Limo (kinda felt like I was going to the Prom :rotfl:)
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture242.jpg

Us walking to Seabreeze Point trying to beat the rain storm:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture253.jpg

Me & my little brother, DJ:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture256.jpg

My Little Angels:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture258.jpg

Joe (aka, Rapscallain) hanging out with my bouquet:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Vow%20Renewal%20Pics/Picture382.jpg

TR to follow soon!!

accountingbabe08
07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I love the pictures of your family on your special day.:thumbsup2

keenercam
07-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Jodi - What fabulous pictures! You all looked gorgeous! And your rapscallion was quite handsome! I am so glad to hear the rain held off for your wonderful celebration! Can't wait to see more. :hug:

pjstevens
07-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Jodi,

You look fabulous! Can't wait to hear and see everything!

Petals & Pixie Dust
07-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Fabulous! Can't wait for details! :surfweb:

jessesgirl-080708
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Your pics are great! I love your dress, that entire collection at Alfred Angelo was really pretty!
Congratulations!
Can't wait for more pics!

Donald'sGirl
07-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Congratulations!! You and your family looked so beautiful and happy!! I am so glad the rain held off for you. Can't wait to see more pictures!

pink_tink8i8
07-20-2008, 12:06 AM
gorgeous!! I just love all the family shots. Can't wait to read your tr!

saratogadreamin09
07-20-2008, 12:25 AM
everything is so beautiful

i hope you had a great day. CONGRATs

and you have two shelties!!!!i love shelties, i had one growing up and i have one now!!!

IndyBride
07-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Great pics!! I can't wait to hear about the details!

irisbud
07-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Glad you had a great day! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lisacope
07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Jodi - I love your pix! Can't wait to hear all about it!

29apr00
07-20-2008, 01:14 PM
the pics look faboulous! Congrats and i can't wait to hear all about it!

MyMelody
07-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Can't wait to hear all about your VR. The pics so far look great, the girls look beautiful and so do you!

mcarthur205
07-20-2008, 02:53 PM
What beautiful pictures you have! I'm so glad it didn't rain on your VR, can't wait to read your TR!

lov2b@disney
07-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Gorgeous Jodi! Your girls are so cute! They must have felt like little princesses! So glad the weather held out for you:goodvibes It absolutely came down in BUCKETS for our DP----:sad1:

WithDisneySpirit
07-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Wonderful pictures so far and no, you didn't look like a prom couple - you looked like a fairytale wedding couple :goodvibes :lovestruc

roozlilone
07-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I love the pictures of your family on your special day.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I can't wait to see the professional pics from Disney!

Jodi - What fabulous pictures! You all looked gorgeous! And your rapscallion was quite handsome! I am so glad to hear the rain held off for your wonderful celebration! Can't wait to see more. :hug:

The fact the rain held out was probably the biggest "fairy tale" moment for me. Amy told me my back up location was the Boardwalk Convention Center! :sad2: So, I really didn't want that!!

Jodi,

You look fabulous! Can't wait to hear and see everything!

Thanks! I'm going to try and start my TR today! Trying to play catch up at work first! :thumbsup2

Fabulous! Can't wait for details! :surfweb:

Thanks!

Your pics are great! I love your dress, that entire collection at Alfred Angelo was really pretty!
Congratulations!
Can't wait for more pics!

Thanks! I love all the Alfred Angelo dresses too! And they are quite affordable!

Congratulations!! You and your family looked so beautiful and happy!! I am so glad the rain held off for you. Can't wait to see more pictures!

More pics coming soon! I promise!

gorgeous!! I just love all the family shots. Can't wait to read your tr!

Thanks!

everything is so beautiful

i hope you had a great day. CONGRATs

and you have two shelties!!!!i love shelties, i had one growing up and i have one now!!!

I just love my two shelties, Maggie & Sulley! They are the smartest dogs I know! And so sweet! It was so hard leaving them for that long! My Mom normally takes care of them for us so boarding them at the tune of $300 was hard on me emotionally and financially! :eek:

Great pics!! I can't wait to hear about the details!

Glad you had a great day! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jodi - I love your pix! Can't wait to hear all about it!

the pics look faboulous! Congrats and i can't wait to hear all about it!

Can't wait to hear all about your VR. The pics so far look great, the girls look beautiful and so do you!

What beautiful pictures you have! I'm so glad it didn't rain on your VR, can't wait to read your TR!

Thanks! Thanks! You guys are great! :lovestruc

Gorgeous Jodi! Your girls are so cute! They must have felt like little princesses! So glad the weather held out for you:goodvibes It absolutely came down in BUCKETS for our DP----:sad1:

OMG, it rained for your DP! What was your backup location? Eventhough it didn't rain they switched our location inside, because of the forecast for rain, which was really frustrating, because by 6:00 p.m. eventhough it was cloudy you could tell it wasn't going to rain. We ended up at the America Rotunda, 3rd floor (I think that was the name??) and we watched illuminations from Japan.

Wonderful pictures so far and no, you didn't look like a prom couple - you looked like a fairytale wedding couple :goodvibes :lovestruc

:lmao: Thanks! I just don't care for limos, I wished I had the money to upgrade to different transportation, but we just didn't have it in the budget! :goodvibes

roozlilone
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
The Top 5 Things I learned & Vendor Reviews!

Well, it's time for me to start my TR! I plan to include the good, the bad and the ugly! :laughing:

Cast of Characters:

Me (Jodi)
Hubby (Joe)
Daughters (Kaitlyn & Hannah)
Mom (Maureen)
Mother & Father In-Law (Mary & Joe)
Sister-in Law & her family (Rhonda, Jody, Abbey, Keylan & Brian)
Sister & Her family (Christine, Brien, Caroline & Ian)
Brother In-Law and his kids (Mike, Catherine & Cody)
Sister & Her family (Donna & Madison)
Brother (DJ)

I first wanted to start with the TOP FIVE THINGS I LEARNED from having a VOW RENEWAL/WEDDING at Disney (I hope it helps future brides):

If you don't like a family member at home, you will like them LESS at Disney, so don't invite them especially if they hate Disney to begin with because you won't change their mind! :thumbsup2
Leave your Cell phone in your hotel room, or TURN IT OFF the day of your ceremony! Better yet, don't take a cell phone on the trip at all! :lmao:
Don't feel like you have to take care of everyone! They're adults, they can take care of themselves! What if they came to Disney without you? What would they do? :eek:
A Disney Wedding is close to PERFECT, but nothing is ever perfect, so don't it expect it to be! Just relax and have fun with even the not so perfect things! :goodvibes
All Welcome Bags are good for....is it give you somthing to do to pass the time before your wedding! People just don't appreciate them! Do them only if you enjoy doing them, but don't expect too many Thank You's.

OK, now that I got that out of my system :rotfl: I will continue with the vendor reviews:

Amy Riendeau (Escape Wedding Coordinator) A+

Amy was simply AMAZING!!! I just love her! She always responded to my emails quickly....she made every last detail of the day perfect! She had the ceremony start early so we could beat the rain because she knew how important it was to me to have it at SBP. I can't say enough about her. In case anyone is wondering what she looks like (I always did before I met her) Here she is walking with Joe & I to SBP:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/The%20Moody%20Vow%20Renewal/Picture252.jpg

Vicki (Disney Photographer) A+

Vicki was a wonderful photographer! I had originally requested Ty or Paul, but couldn't have been happier with Vicki! She knew exactly what to do and really worked with us to get pictures that we wanted. We had posed photos, but she also took some fun, natural pictures. She was very open for suggestions and would have done as many photos as we wanted if it wasn't so darn hot! :flower3:

Rev. Jack Day (Officiant) A+

Words can not describe how much I just loved Jack Day. :hug: I was very apprehensive the weeks prior because he is very hard to get a hold of.... But he was definitely worth it!! The locket ceremony he did with my girls made everyone cry including Kaitlyn & Hannah! He made our Vow Renewal so very personal. He is extremely warm, kind and sincere! You will not be dissappointed if you use him for your ceremony.

Violinist A+

I hate that I don't remember his name, I think his first name was Rob! He was amazing. We had several special requests he played and they were great! Everyone knew exactly what the songs were. He played Pirates of the Caribbean for the recessional and it sounded just the movie! And Rainbow Connection from the Muppet Movie was perfect for the Unity Candle Ceremony!

Lisa's Magical Wedding (Hair & Makeup) A+

I know a lot of you guys used Ana & Lily, but I have to tell you I think Lisa is amazing! She arrived promptly at 8:00 a.m. and was just so warm and friendly! She immediately made friends with my youngest daughter, Hannah, who asked her a million questions and just sat & watched every move she made! Lisa did exactly what I wanted and was very willing to make any changes needed. I told her how afraid I was of looking like "a clown" with my makeup and she made it very, very natural looking! I've never been happy with anyone doing my makeup...until Lisa! She was the first! She didn't use a heavy base, she used a very neutral lip gloss. I loved everything she did for me and my girls! :lovestruc Here are some pics:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture179.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture177.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture189.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/The%20Moody%20Vow%20Renewal/Picture193.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/The%20Moody%20Vow%20Renewal/Picture188.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/The%20Moody%20Vow%20Renewal/Picture187.jpg

Up Next: We're Off to Disney!

lurkyloo
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Great vendor reviews!!

I just don't care for limos, I wished I had the money to upgrade to different transportation, but we just didn't have it in the budget!

If you don't like a family member at home, you will like them LESS at Disney, so don't invite them especially if they hate Disney to begin with because you won't change their mind!

All Welcome Bags are good for....is it give you somthing to do to pass the time before your wedding! People just don't appreciate them! Do them only if you enjoy doing them, but don't expect too many Thank You's.

Amen to those, sister! :thumbsup2 I just wish you'd told me not to invite Disney-hating family members BEFORE my wedding! :rotfl:

Lizby
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Beautiful pictures! Yes, your violinist's name was Rob...haha I know because we had him too and we saw him walking away from your VR when we were riding by on a surrey, so we stopped and talked to him. He's AMAZING, isn't he?! I can't wait to hear the stories behind your lessons learned! :lmao:

WithDisneySpirit
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
She did all the hair so gorgeous on you and the girls :lovestruc

29apr00
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Great reviews!! Your dd's hair looks so great, i'm sure they just thrilled to be pampered like real princesses!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

monana
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the advice.. about the welcome bags, i was totally thinking of making em, but it's time consuming. Plus with the whole luggage limit, there isn't much space for everything i want to bring let alone welcome bags.

i can't wait to her more. the pictures are great so far. they really did a wonderful job with your hair and make up.

Britibridy
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Amazing pics!! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

MyMelody
07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Great advise about the guest, If I ever get married that will be top in my list. Some people are so rude and tacky :scared1:

DecemberBride
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Thank you for posting a pic of Amy!!!!!!!! She's my WC and I've always wondered what she looks like too! :lmao: She is amazing isn't she? I'm so glad to be in such good hands and I appreciate the review you gave her, makes me feel very comfortable!

can't wait for the TR!!!!!!!!! You looked beautiful!

padisneyfour
07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
OHH,I am just catching up ( been on vac in outer banks of nc dodging rain drops) everything looks great I love the pics of your family today) your hair looks great! Looking forward to reading more!Good vendor reviews, they are very helpful! CONGRATS!:goodvibes

Donald'sGirl
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the great tips and vendor reviews! Your pics are great! Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Keira1387
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM
You looked so beautiful! can't wait to hear all about it!

roozlilone
07-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Great vendor reviews!!

Amen to those, sister! :thumbsup2 I just wish you'd told me not to invite Disney-hating family members BEFORE my wedding! :rotfl:

Back at ya, Lurkyloo! I should have learned from your TR!! :lmao: I know you had plenty of Disney-Haters at your wedding, but stupid me thought it would all be different at the happiest place on earth! Boy was I wrong. And you were SOOOO...right about the welcome bags! Big waste of time, IMHO!

Beautiful pictures! Yes, your violinist's name was Rob...haha I know because we had him too and we saw him walking away from your VR when we were riding by on a surrey, so we stopped and talked to him. He's AMAZING, isn't he?! I can't wait to hear the stories behind your lessons learned! :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: OMG, ha I thought that was his name! It's so hard to remember everything, it's kinda a BLUR! A great blur....but definitely a blur! :goodvibes

She did all the hair so gorgeous on you and the girls :lovestruc

Great reviews!! Your dd's hair looks so great, i'm sure they just thrilled to be pampered like real princesses!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks! I got the biggest kick out of my kids reaction to their hair! It was priceless!

Thanks for the advice.. about the welcome bags, i was totally thinking of making em, but it's time consuming. Plus with the whole luggage limit, there isn't much space for everything i want to bring let alone welcome bags.

i can't wait to her more. the pictures are great so far. they really did a wonderful job with your hair and make up.

I really put my heart & soul into the welcome bags and I didn't have one person even acknowledge them except my Mom. My sister-in-law actually told me the personalized water bottle was "kinda creepy!!!" :confused3 What kind of comment is that?

Amazing pics!! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Great advise about the guest, If I ever get married that will be top in my list. Some people are so rude and tacky :scared1:

Not too much rudeness but a lot of "I really don't want to be here looks!"

Thank you for posting a pic of Amy!!!!!!!! She's my WC and I've always wondered what she looks like too! :lmao: She is amazing isn't she? I'm so glad to be in such good hands and I appreciate the review you gave her, makes me feel very comfortable!

can't wait for the TR!!!!!!!!! You looked beautiful!

Amy is fantastic! And finally meeting her after all the planning was great!

OHH,I am just catching up ( been on vac in outer banks of nc dodging rain drops) everything looks great I love the pics of your family today) your hair looks great! Looking forward to reading more!Good vendor reviews, they are very helpful! CONGRATS!:goodvibes

Thanks for the great tips and vendor reviews! Your pics are great! Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

You looked so beautiful! can't wait to hear all about it!

First day coming soon! Thanks Guys for reading!

keenercam
07-23-2008, 11:20 AM
You all looked beautiful! The girls really looked like princesses! What perfect hairstyles and the tiaras were so sweet! :love: Can't wait to hear more and to see lots more pix!

roozlilone
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Moving Right Along....

Anytime we go out of town, I always have that song running through my head "Moving Right Along" from the Muppet Movie! :love: Okay it's Friday, July 11, the day we leave! I took the day off from work, which I hadn't originally planned to do so I was extra excited!! :banana: :banana: Joe was ready to leave yesterday, partly because he is a teacher and has been off all summer and partly because he just loves Disney! Our plan....Joe was going to drop Maggie & Sulley, our 2 shelties, off at the Animal Barn to be boarded. I was so dreading this part of the trip. We have NEVER boarded our dogs, we've been lucky to always have family take care of them for us when we go out of town. Here are our 2 babies, Sulley is the Blue Merle Sheltie and Maggie is our little Sable Sheltie:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Sulley.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/MaggieSulley.jpg

So, unfortuntately, Joe had the horrible task of taking them, I would have just cried like a big baby! So, I said my goodbyes to them at the house. While he was doing that, I went to get my nails done. (I know what you're thinking, yes, Joe got the crap job while I was getting pampered) :laughing: In the meantime, my Mom was suppose to be getting ready so she could meet us at our house at 3 p.m. so we can leave. Yes, she was driving with us & yes, I wasn't looking forward to it!! :sad2: I love my MOM more than anything, but to give you a short history....my Dad died when I was 19 years old and I've been her primary caregiver ever since!! Eventhough I have 4 sisters & one brother and I'm not even the oldest!! I wanted my Mom to go but the thought of her being glued to my side the entire week had already started to stress me out!! :headache: So, anyway, I've got MOM and her luggage to try and squeeze in our small Mazda 5! My Mom is the type of person that packs her whole house "just in case." UGH! The great part she is very organized so she got to our house by 11 a.m.!! She was ready to go!! We were ahead of schedule! :cool1: We manage to pack everything and everyone in the car (I still can't believe we manage) and we were on our way!!

My Mom:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture028.jpg

Kaitlyn & Hannah Ready to Go:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture033.jpg

I think Joe was trying to blow me a kiss :rotfl:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture027.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture031.jpg

All of our stuff:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture030.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture029.jpg

Now the fun really begins....

Moving Right Along Part II Coming Soon...

accountingbabe08
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Can't wait to read more about your VR. I got my popcorn:: ready.:thumbsup2

lurkyloo
07-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Movin' Right Along is DH's FAVORITE song, so it gets stuck in our heads on trips too... :cutie:

Your doggies are too cute! :dog: :dog2: I just wanna scratch their bellies!

Ticky Toria 78
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Congratulations! Loving your TR :surfweb:

adisneygal
07-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I first wanted to start with the TOP FIVE THINGS I LEARNED from having a VOW RENEWAL/WEDDING at Disney (I hope it helps future brides):

If you don't like a family member at home, you will like them LESS at Disney, so don't invite them especially if they hate Disney to begin with because you won't change their mind! :thumbsup2
Leave your Cell phone in your hotel room, or TURN IT OFF the day of your ceremony! Better yet, don't take a cell phone on the trip at all! :lmao:
Don't feel like you have to take care of everyone! They're adults, they can take care of themselves! What if they came to Disney without you? What would they do? :eek:
A Disney Wedding is close to PERFECT, but nothing is ever perfect, so don't it expect it to be! Just relax and have fun with even the not so perfect things! :goodvibes

Ok, so you just shortened my guest list....:rotfl: Glad to hear that welcome bags aren't appreciated cuz I wasn't looking forward to putting those together!!! So those are out!! :banana:

You all look amazing! Your girls are adorable!!! I can't wait for more of your TR.

irisbud
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Great report! LOVE your doggies! I hate having to put my baby in the kennel as well. It makes me cry too. Usually he stays with "grandma and grandpa" (my mom and dad).

29apr00
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
such cute doggies. ours always stay with grandma and poppa too, so i guess in that case i'm glad they won't be attending our VR, one less thing to stress about!!

WOW you did a great job packing all that into that little car!!! :rotfl:

roozlilone
07-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Can't wait to read more about your VR. I got my popcorn:: ready.:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Movin' Right Along is DH's FAVORITE song, so it gets stuck in our heads on trips too... :cutie:

Your doggies are too cute! :dog: :dog2: I just wanna scratch their bellies!

I love everything "Muppet." I think because it reminds me of my Dad.:sad1: He was a huge Muppet fan!

Congratulations! Loving your TR :surfweb:

Thanks!

Ok, so you just shortened my guest list....:rotfl: Glad to hear that welcome bags aren't appreciated cuz I wasn't looking forward to putting those together!!! So those are out!! :banana:

You all look amazing! Your girls are adorable!!! I can't wait for more of your TR.

I should have listened to Joe....he really just wanted us the our parents which now I see would have been the smart thing to do. Oh well, Live and Learn. We still had an amazing time! :goodvibes

Great report! LOVE your doggies! I hate having to put my baby in the kennel as well. It makes me cry too. Usually he stays with "grandma and grandpa" (my mom and dad).

Maggie & Sulley were pretty mad when we picked them up!! It so funny to see the "don't talk to me look" on their faces! :rotfl:

such cute doggies. ours always stay with grandma and poppa too, so i guess in that case i'm glad they won't be attending our VR, one less thing to stress about!!

WOW you did a great job packing all that into that little car!!! :rotfl:

I can't take credit for the packing....Joe always does an amazing job. I think it's the military training coming in hand. He was in the Air Force for many years! :goodvibes

keenercam
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Jodi - Your furbabies are so darling! I LOVE seeing all your pictures, and the one of Joe blowing you a kiss is sweet! Thank you for sharing! :hug:

roozlilone
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Moving Right Along...Part II

Well, what happens next I have to let you guys know is nobody's fault by ours. :rolleyes: It was one of those "snow ball effect kinda things" that made me cry and we hadn't even got to Disney yet! UGH! It's an 8 hour drive to Disney from where we live, so our plan was to drive to Gainesville, spend the night, drive the rest of the way on Saturday and spend our FREE night at the Sheraton outside of Disney and then check into the AKL on Sunday! Great plan, right? ;) Well, since we left way ahead of schedule, Joe JUST HAD TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO ORLANDO! Okay, I'm on board, let's do it. So, now he has the bright idea of getting an AP rate at a Disney value or moderate and spend two nights there and then switch to the AKL on Sunday. Okay, so give up our FREE hotel?? :confused3 I'm trying to save money, trying to STAY ON BUDGET, right? I know, you're thinking we are STUPID for giving up a FREE night even if it's outside of DISNEY. I blame the "DISNEY HIGH" we were on, or maybe the fact we had two kids and my mom with us and we didn't want to switch hotels 3 times! :laughing: I don't know....so anyway, here is what happened...I call Starwood (mind you, we travel often, at least once a month, which is one of the reasons I had so many points for a free room)...what is the cancellation policy for cancelling a starwood point room?? I was told you just lose your points, that's it. :woohoo: Okay, no big deal, I have tons of points!! So, I call Disney, values are booked (of course) but the POR is open (And we have never stayed there) so I book 2 nights with an AP rate! :banana: This is when it goes down hill! I call the Sheraton hotel back directly to cancel the FREE room. The lady says you realize we will charge you $219 to cancel this room! :eek: What the heck? I have to pay $219 to cancel a free room? They charge you one night, RACK RATE! Not the going rate, which is $99 a night. This is how they treat their frequent hotel guests? :confused3 So, what's running through my head now is....I can't cancel the Disney hotel, because we are under the 5 day mark and now I'm going to be charged $219, so my FREE night has turned into a $500 screw up! :mad: I hang up the phone and start start crying, I'm not sure why I guess because we just started the trip and I spent $500 and we haven't even arrived! What was I thinking? Joe immediately gets back on the phone with the Sheraton and talks with another lady...she says the same thing. So, Joe the sarcastic man that he is (I just love that about him)....says to the lady, so basically I have to check in to the hotel (but not actually stay there) so I will not be charged the $219. And the lady was like, "YEP." Just check-in and then just check-out (it doesn't matter if we actually sleep there). Crazy, hugh? I really didn't want to go through the hastle, so he calls back one more time and asks to talk with a manager, who was WONDERFUL! He explained the situation and immediately cancelled the ressie with no charge! :yay: I was so emotionally drained after that, but I will say it made the trip go by faster! We finally arrived at about 10 p.m. and it was soooo...good to sign our sign, we had arrived:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture035.jpg

Up Next: Day One at the POR!

figmentfan814
07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I can't wait to read more of your report.

Maggie & Sulley are so cute; my DH and I are going to be getting our own fur babies over the next month.

Glad to hear that things worked out with the room. My family has done that before, once you're on your way to Disney you just want to get there without any stops!

dalepool
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Your Husband sounds so much like me. If it says cancelation fee $200.00 but does not mention NO SHOW having a fee I would have not been as polite as you by calling-- I would have jsut been a no show. I wonder who actually thought of that Rule for a Points Reservation.

We had a Saint Bernard that would ignore us when we returned from sending him to A Doggie Hotel. 250 pounds of pure pouting baby.

My sister who is the middle child looks after our Mom (5 kids). MY 84 year old mother is very independent, unorganized, and has cared for my 3 nephews since they were babies. They are now 11,10 and 8. (Last sibling born 15 years after the first 4). Her purpose is to see these grandkids to college LOL I am sure she will get that done before she sits back for the Long rest. (You know what I am talking about). Both Bro and SIL are attorney's, Hours are crazy So having Grandma makes working and rasing kids do able. I did not want to have any one think Grandma was help care for kids for any other reason.

Your TR is a fun read. I am following along.

roozlilone
07-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Day I (Saturday): POR, Welcome Bag Delivery & More!

Upon our arrival at the POR, I immediately put on my bride's hat and went to check in! There was a pretty long line for so late I night, but it moved quickly. I was so excited that we were finally there and staying at a new resort (half the fun for us is checking out the resorts). I was so lucky to get a wonderful CM that checked us in! She was so animated for that time of night, just tons of energy! She immediately gave us our "Just Married" and "Anniversary" buttons. And a "Birthday" button, eventhough my birthday was on July 1st. We got a first floor room in the Alligator Bayou section with a trundle! :cool1: :cool1: Just what we needed with my Mom on board. We quickly found our room and went to bed! Oh, side note, the FROGS, OMG they are so noisey!!!! That's all I heard all night! You really feel like you are in the Bayou! :laughing:

Don't you just love first days? :lovestruc Your feet aren't tired yet and you are just so ready to go! We got up early & went to eat breakfast because we had a lot planned for today....we had to check out POR, deliver all the welcome bags to Pop Century, CSR, Shades of Green & Fort Wilderness Campground and enjoy some R&R before the "family drama" arrived on Monday! :thumbsup2

Some pics of the room & Alligator Bayou:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture036.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture037.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture038.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture040.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture044.jpg

You can tell my Mom is really excited about being there, can't you? :rotfl:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture043.jpg

Here we are on the way to breakfast at the Riverside Mill, the pics are so foggy because the minute I walked out of the hotel room, the STEAM just hit us:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture042.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture041.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture046.jpg

Pic of our towel animal (I just love towel animals) :lovestruc :
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture047.jpg

Up Next Welcome Bag Delivery, SBP & our Fun Boat Ride!

lov2b@disney
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
:yay: for heading right to Disney! Although I was drained from reading the drama! How dare them charge for a free room-glad you got out of that one--and how fun to get to stay at a new resort-I try and book a new one every trip-until we have conquered them all!

lurkyloo
07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
We stayed at that Sheraton, and let me tell you, you didn't miss much - except the live gators in the lobby! :rotfl: (Oh wait - maybe you were reserved at the Sheraton Visitana, in which case, scratch that!)

I knew Joe was a gem when I found out about the surprise he arranged for you, but now it is confirmed - any man who can get results from Starwood's customer service is a keeper! :lmao:

disneygal922
07-24-2008, 04:40 PM
YAY for new resorts! :cool1: I'm glad your first evening went well! can't wait to read more!:goodvibes

WithDisneySpirit
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Good for your DH! :goodvibes It looks like POR was a great idea !!! :lovestruc

padisneyfour
07-27-2008, 09:01 AM
road trips can always present a challenge or two, but its always nice to see the sign when you arrive! POR looks preety cool- we were scheduled to stay there but then switched on our last visit. Did the girls enjoy the resort?Your mom looked like she was excited too! My mom usually always travels with us too!:goodvibes

roozlilone
07-27-2008, 05:43 PM
:yay: for heading right to Disney! Although I was drained from reading the drama! How dare them charge for a free room-glad you got out of that one--and how fun to get to stay at a new resort-I try and book a new one every trip-until we have conquered them all!

We just love staying at new resorts, that's half the fun in going to Disney! :goodvibes

We stayed at that Sheraton, and let me tell you, you didn't miss much - except the live gators in the lobby! :rotfl: (Oh wait - maybe you were reserved at the Sheraton Visitana, in which case, scratch that!)

I knew Joe was a gem when I found out about the surprise he arranged for you, but now it is confirmed - any man who can get results from Starwood's customer service is a keeper! :lmao:

No, not the Sheraton Visitana, I wish! :laughing: it was actually the Sheraton Studio City, which from the pics it doesn't look like we missed much either. We stayed at the "AKL wantabe" with points a couple of years ago! I'm glad it was free, because I wouldn't have been happy paying for it!!

On Day 2 of my TR I will give you details of Joe's surprise (Eventhough I think he has posted some of the details). In the 20 years we have been together, this is the first time he actually truly surprised me without me ruining it! :rotfl:

YAY for new resorts! :cool1: I'm glad your first evening went well! can't wait to read more!:goodvibes

Good for your DH! :goodvibes It looks like POR was a great idea !!! :lovestruc

Thanks! More to come soon!

road trips can always present a challenge or two, but its always nice to see the sign when you arrive! POR looks preety cool- we were scheduled to stay there but then switched on our last visit. Did the girls enjoy the resort?Your mom looked like she was excited too! My mom usually always travels with us too!:goodvibes

We loved the POR! It's huge though! So you have to like to walk! There's definitely lots to do at the resort, one in particular is my favorite now (I will detail in my TR soon), the carriage rides! :love:

roozlilone
07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Day 1 Continued: Welcome Bag Delivery, SBP visit and Boat Ride!

After breakfast, we went back to the room and loaded our 5 welcome bags into the car (:worship: God Bless the brides that have more than that to deliver, I don't know how you do it :confused3).

Believe or not, I actually enjoyed delivering the bags. We got a chance to visit some new resorts and show my Mom around and just take-it-easy since we were not going to a park until tomorrow! We headed first to the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds to drop off the first welcome bag to my SIL (Disney Hater #1 (more details on that later):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture049.jpg
which brought back so many wonderful memories! :hug: We stayed there every summer in a tent, in the middle of July when I was a kid! :eek: Yes, it was hot! And it was back in the day before golf cart rentals!! It was either the internal bus service or you just had to walk! Anyway, everything went smooth. The campgrounds were very famillar with handling the welcome bags and knew exactly what to do!

The Shades of Green was a different story! :rolleyes: It was like breaking into Fort Knox! :rotfl: My brother & sister and my in-laws were staying at the Shades of Green and they needed their bags!! :rotfl2: The guard pretty much said he would give us a visitor's pass but he didn't think the front desk would take the bags! What? :confused: I let Joe handle this one. Maybe his Military background would come in handy. As he tackled the front desk, I took some pics, for $89 a night, this place is a steal!!! The rooms are bigger than the GF, it's just beautiful! (But they better take my bags :rotfl2: )

This is right before you get into the lobby (looks kinda like the Poly):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture050.jpg
Shades of Green Lobby:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture051.jpg
Military Mickey (just had to take a pic with him):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture052.jpg
Back view of the resort (they also have a lovely Wedding Gazebo), twice the size of the YCG:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture055.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture056.jpg

After we finished our picture taking, Joe came back and said the front desk would take the bags (although, very reluctant), future brides take note...Shades of Green don't like Welcome Bags!!

We continued on to the CSR (my older sister, Christine (Disney Hater #2) was staying there) and the Pop Century (Mike, my brother-in-law was staying there, he LOVES Disney :love:) I'm not sure why I don't have any pics of the CSR or Pop. I guess because I've stayed there so many times, I didn't feel the need to take pics! However, just, FYI, CSR, not so good on taking the bags (they didn't seem to know what to do with it, maybe it was just the CM I got). Pop gets 10 pixie dust stars :wizard: for their welcome bag procedures. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! I think they have to when you are dealing with 50 billion guests at once! :rotfl2: That place it's so crazy loud! :goodvibes

roozlilone
07-27-2008, 06:41 PM
SBP & the Boat Ride!

:cool1: :cool1: We were done delivering bags! Yeah! Now, will they actually get them when they checkin? :rolleyes:

We headed over to the ESPN club to eat lunch and check-out the SBP and do our own mini-rehearsal! Yeah for the Boardwalk! :banana:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture057.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture058.jpg

Doesn't every bride check out their place sometime before the big day? :confused: Or maybe, I'm just obessive complusive, yeah, that's probably it! I just had to do a walk through, Here are some pics of us doing our own little rehearsal:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture059.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture060.jpg
I was trying to have a serious rehearsal and Joe just kept acting goofy! :laughing:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture061.jpg
So I just gave up, :laughing:

It was getting late and we hadn't done Downtown Disney yet (it's always our first to-do before we hit the parks). So we headed straight over and hit the World of Disney & Goofy's Candy Store. I had to find a birthday present for my niece, Madison, who was turning 6 on Tuesday, also the day of our Welcome Dinner! After we finished shopping, just out of the blue, a not planned kinda thing... we decided to take my Mom on a boat ride! It turned out to be one of the best parts of the trip! We had a blast:

Captain Joe:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture062.jpg

In the distance you can see the construction on the new Dinosaur restaurant, it kinda looks like Mt. Everest:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture064.jpg

The kids & Mom enjoying themselves:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture065.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture068.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture063.jpg

Me & Joe:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture069.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture067.jpg

A perfect ending to our first day!

Up Next: Day 2...AKL, Magic Kingdom, Mom's Birthday & My Surprise!

padisneyfour
07-27-2008, 07:57 PM
enjoying your pics and TR!!:goodvibes

accountingbabe08
07-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Great trippie so far can't wait to read more.

Lisacope
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Great TR Jodie!!! Your family is so cute!

DisneyBrideToni
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Loving your TR so far! Can't wait to read more!!!! Great pics of SBP. I loved it there when I went for my PS. If I didn't go for the PS I would have visited before the wedding to see it so you are not obsessive compulsive :goodvibes

WithDisneySpirit
07-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Just the thought of delivering welcome bags was enough to end that for me, lol! :rotfl:

Love the spontaneous boat ride!!! :goodvibes

irisbud
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Looks like you had a great first day! Can't wait to read more!

Donald'sGirl
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Great first day! Sounds like everything went smoothly. I hope mine delivery drop off will be as smooth. Can't wait to hear more!

DecemberBride
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Looks like soooo much fun! I love those boats around DTD... they are so much fun!

Can't wait for more!

29apr00
07-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Can't wait for more!! The boat ride at DTD looks like fun!

keenercam
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
You guys are sooo cute! Thank you so much for sharing so many pix and all the details. I LOVE hearing it all! :cloud9:

roozlilone
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
:banana: :banana: My Pics are Up! I'm so happy the way they turned out! Vicki did a wonderful job. :banana: :banana:

Here is the link:
http://www.collages.net/store/guest_login.asp?username=Moody+Vow+Renewal&password=1971

padisneyfour
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
jodi, I just looked at them they are wonderful. You have such a beautiful family! I think my favorites are of the four of you hugging together- the girls looked so pretty and you looked amazing. Joe(like I know you all in person) was so handsome and then of course the boardwalk picture..... very nice!!!!:goodvibes what beautiful memories!!!Congrats!!! I am so happy for you all!:goodvibes

Britibridy
07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Awesome pics!!! You picked a great photographer!!!

Also, I noticed that you were wearing glasses in some of the pics. I am a fellow 4-eyed bride to be and am not sure what I am going to do. I don't know how bad your vision is or if you have to wear glasses all the time,but I am really blind, like -5 and I wear glasses everyday 24/7 :sad1: . Well, I wear glasses every moment except for sleeping, showering and for pics if I remember to take them off, which is only like half the time.:) I am leaning towards wearing them for everything except some posed pics since I need them to do everything except for just standing there. Hopefully someone can help me locate the camera lol!! I was wondering if you had any of the same dilemmas. Also, I have tried contacts before and I hate touching my eye so they are not an option for me :sad1: .

DisneyBrideToni
07-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Aww your pictures were great and the girls crying was so sweet! :goodvibes

jwwi
07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Catching back up. I love POR, it is such a quiet beautiful resort, isn't it? Great pictures, everyone looks like they are enjoying the first day. I loved your comment about how exciting it is, no tired feet, a lot of expectations of fun times ahead. I do WDW full force, I could not imagine staying more than 5 nights. Not sure I could slow down.
Looking forward to more updates.:surfweb:

roozlilone
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Awesome pics!!! You picked a great photographer!!!

Also, I noticed that you were wearing glasses in some of the pics. I am a fellow 4-eyed bride to be and am not sure what I am going to do. I don't know how bad your vision is or if you have to wear glasses all the time,but I am really blind, like -5 and I wear glasses everyday 24/7 :sad1: . Well, I wear glasses every moment except for sleeping, showering and for pics if I remember to take them off, which is only like half the time.:) I am leaning towards wearing them for everything except some posed pics since I need them to do everything except for just standing there. Hopefully someone can help me locate the camera lol!! I was wondering if you had any of the same dilemmas. Also, I have tried contacts before and I hate touching my eye so they are not an option for me :sad1: .

OHHHH....Britibridy, you have no idea...I'm legally blind without glasses, like -9 since I was in the 2nd grade. 24/7 is an understatement!! Contacts have never been an option for me either, they have never been able to correct me enough for contacts. And even with my glasses I have 20/40 vision. Yes I had the same dilemma, twice! :laughing: I decided to wear my glasses for the ceremony, because I wouldn't be able to see anything or even read my vows, let alone walk down the aisle without killing myself. With alot of the posed pics, I let Joe take care of my glasses and just lead me around. I think it's a great compromise! Definitely wear your glasses during the ceremony, it's toooo....important to miss!!!! And just take them off for as many pics as you comfortably can. Don't stress too much over it! You'll look beautiful either way! As you can see (not pun intended :rotfl:) I picked a photo of me with glasses in my signature, it was one of my favorites! :goodvibes

Britibridy
07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
OHHHH....Britibridy, you have no idea...I'm legally blind without glasses, like -9 since I was in the 2nd grade. 24/7 is an understatement!! Contacts have never been an option for me either, they have never been able to correct me enough for contacts. And even with my glasses I have 20/40 vision. Yes I had the same dilemma, twice! :laughing: I decided to wear my glasses for the ceremony, because I wouldn't be able to see anything or even read my vows, let alone walk down the aisle without killing myself. With alot of the posed pics, I let Joe take care of my glasses and just lead me around. I think it's a great compromise! Definitely wear your glasses during the ceremony, it's toooo....important to miss!!!! And just take them off for as many pics as you comfortably can. Don't stress too much over it! You'll look beautiful either way! As you can see (not pun intended :rotfl:) I picked a photo of me with glasses in my signature, it was one of my favorites! :goodvibes

Sorry about your eye problems, are you allowed to drive since your vision isn't perfect even with glasses? I know I've failed the vision test when I hadn't updated my prescription in a while:) I can definitely relate!

Thanks for the helpful advice. I think I will end up wearing glasses for the ceremony and take some pics later with them off. The only thing I worry about is that I may squint in the pics where I am blind. Did you do something special to avoid this? Your pics without glasses look great!!! Well actually they all do :)

WithDisneySpirit
07-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Jodi, your pictures were truly fantastic!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc :love: :goodvibes You must be on cloud nine after that vow renewal!! Your little ones were so darling throughout and when the youngest cried (I guess you all cried), I was just so touched :grouphug:

irisbud
07-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Beautiful pictures, Jodi!

You may have mentioned it earlier (I probably missed it) but who was your photographer? We are using DPS for our wedding, and I think your pics look great! Whoever it is, I would like to add them to our list of requests!

Donald'sGirl
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Jodi your pictures are beautiful. I was tearing up seeing the ones with your daughter crying! It was so sweet that she was that emotional over the it...man I am doing it again writing this! :rotfl: I am such a sap!!

Keira1387
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Your pictures came out BEAUTIFUL!!!

lpizzuro123
07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I also have very bad eyes but I can correct them with contact lenses. I do wear reading glasses (the cheaters) when I read or work at the computer.

If I were you I would definately wear my glasses. If you wear them ALL the time then this will show the real you. Maybe take them off for a few posed pictures. I know when I take off my glasses and take out my contacts I get disoriented and would not enjoy my ceremony and reception without being able to see it.

Linda

roozlilone
07-30-2008, 02:14 PM
jodi, I just looked at them they are wonderful. You have such a beautiful family! I think my favorites are of the four of you hugging together- the girls looked so pretty and you looked amazing. Joe(like I know you all in person) was so handsome and then of course the boardwalk picture..... very nice!!!!:goodvibes what beautiful memories!!!Congrats!!! I am so happy for you all!:goodvibes

Thanks! I feel like I know you too!! And everyone else on the board! :laughing:

Aww your pictures were great and the girls crying was so sweet! :goodvibes

It was a very emotional ceremony. I knew Joe & I would probably cry, but I was really surprised to see my girls like that. :hug:

Catching back up. I love POR, it is such a quiet beautiful resort, isn't it? Great pictures, everyone looks like they are enjoying the first day. I loved your comment about how exciting it is, no tired feet, a lot of expectations of fun times ahead. I do WDW full force, I could not imagine staying more than 5 nights. Not sure I could slow down.
Looking forward to more updates.:surfweb:

We really like the POR, I think I like POFQ just a little more because it's not so spreadout! :goodvibes

Sorry about your eye problems, are you allowed to drive since your vision isn't perfect even with glasses? I know I've failed the vision test when I hadn't updated my prescription in a while:) I can definitely relate!

Thanks for the helpful advice. I think I will end up wearing glasses for the ceremony and take some pics later with them off. The only thing I worry about is that I may squint in the pics where I am blind. Did you do something special to avoid this? Your pics without glasses look great!!! Well actually they all do :)

Shhh...I haven't renew my driver's license yet. I hope I pass the eye eyam! :eek: It was easy for me not to squint since there was NO SUN in sight. It was very cloudy.

Jodi, your pictures were truly fantastic!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc :love: :goodvibes You must be on cloud nine after that vow renewal!! Your little ones were so darling throughout and when the youngest cried (I guess you all cried), I was just so touched :grouphug:

When Hannah starts crying she always has a hard time stopping. I really wasn't expecting them to react that way. But everytime I see that one pic of Hannah crying, gosh, I start getting emotional all over again! :hug:

Beautiful pictures, Jodi!

You may have mentioned it earlier (I probably missed it) but who was your photographer? We are using DPS for our wedding, and I think your pics look great! Whoever it is, I would like to add them to our list of requests!

Vicki was the photographer! She was amazing!!! She was willing to try anything! :goodvibes

Jodi your pictures are beautiful. I was tearing up seeing the ones with your daughter crying! It was so sweet that she was that emotional over the it...man I am doing it again writing this! :rotfl: I am such a sap!!

Ditto! :goodvibes

Your pictures came out BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks!

I also have very bad eyes but I can correct them with contact lenses. I do wear reading glasses (the cheaters) when I read or work at the computer.

If I were you I would definately wear my glasses. If you wear them ALL the time then this will show the real you. Maybe take them off for a few posed pictures. I know when I take off my glasses and take out my contacts I get disoriented and would not enjoy my ceremony and reception without being able to see it.

Linda

I completely agree! :goodvibes

roozlilone
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
In case anyone is having trouble bringing the photos up online (some of my family has, but it might just be my family :laughing:)

Here is the website with username/password (I'm sure most of us know the website by heart):

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Username: Moody Vow Renewal
Password: 1971

:goodvibes

29apr00
07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Beautiful pictures Jodi!! I love the ones of you 4 together, and the ones of you and the girls on the beach! So pretty!!

lov2b@disney
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Jodi your pictures are great! What a beautiful family! Love the shots of you all on the beach!

monana
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
the pictures are fantastic, i especially like the ones you guys took in the beach, and the girls are in the background. those are such unique pictures.

frdeb1999
07-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Beautiful pix and family! :)

auntpunkin
07-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Your photos are beautiful, what a wonderful family! Your girls are adorable, makes me wish I had a daughter! Congrats!

Goldeelox9
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I teared up looking at your photos. They were wonderful!

figmentfan814
07-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Your photos were so beautiful. I love some of the shots on the beach and the ones with DH putting on your shoe, it reminds me of Cinderella!

roozlilone
08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Beautiful pictures Jodi!! I love the ones of you 4 together, and the ones of you and the girls on the beach! So pretty!!

Jodi your pictures are great! What a beautiful family! Love the shots of you all on the beach!

the pictures are fantastic, i especially like the ones you guys took in the beach, and the girls are in the background. those are such unique pictures.

Beautiful pix and family! :)

Your photos are beautiful, what a wonderful family! Your girls are adorable, makes me wish I had a daughter! Congrats!

I teared up looking at your photos. They were wonderful!

Your photos were so beautiful. I love some of the shots on the beach and the ones with DH putting on your shoe, it reminds me of Cinderella!

Thanks! You guys are so sweet. :goodvibes

roozlilone
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Day 2 (Sunday): AKL, Magic Kingdom, Mom's Birthday & My Surprise!

Wow, just thinking back....that was a very busy day! Okay, so where did I leave off? :rolleyes: It's Sunday Morning (Happy Birthday, Mom, she turned 66today), we woke up bright and early ready to go because we were checking into my absolute fav hotel today, the AKL! :lovestruc :lovestruc Did I say how much I just love the lodge? The POR was nice, but it's just not the same. We had a lot planned for today....we were going to check into the AKL, head over to the Magic Kingdom for the day :banana: :banana: and have a birthday dinner at the 1900 Park Fare for my Mom! So, we loaded up the car, said goodbye to the frogs :sad:, who I had grown very fond of the last 2 days and we were off to the lodge...the plan....wear our bride/groom hats upon check-in and hope for some pixie dust! pixiedust: Okay, I'm going to admit something I probably wouldn't admit to anyone else...I'm totally addicted to trying to get free upgrades, I know...:sad2:, I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I like the challenge! :thumbsup2 I booked a pool view (and I was okay with a pool view), but I was banking on my brides ears to bump me to Savannah view, maybe! :woohoo: Well, no such luck! :sad2: Carlos, yes, Carlos (I will always remember his name) the CM that checked me in....was fairly nice, not the normal "pixie dust nice," didn't even acknowledge my bride ears (I even had it noted on the ressie!) I was deflated! We got a pool view on the giraffe trail (the worst trail in the lodge, IMHO), but the room was ready so we went to check it out:

Our room was on the 4th floor:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture074.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture075.jpg

Have you ever had a moment when you get your room and you just don't like the location....you struggle with...you're in Disney, be happy...but you just can't get over the fact you don't like the room? UGH! I was happy with a pool view, but the giraffe trail has some of the worst pool views, the giraffe trail is also where the standard view rooms are...I just didn't like the trail (no offense to giraffes). Our room overlooked Jiko's roof! I know, I'm beating a dead horse! :rotfl: :rotfl: Joe saw how I was struggling with the room, and being the great DH that he is went down to talk to the front desk. After about 30 minutes, he returned, no luck...they were SOLD out! The fact that Joe tried made me feel better! :lovestruc So, I decided to get over it, and just enjoy the lodge and my upcoming VR!

We decided to take some pics of the lodge on the way out to the MK:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture076.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture077.jpg

Here is the 5th floor bridge (This is where we planned to meet the day of the VR):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture078.jpg

Joe, Kaitlyn and Hannah waiting on the MK bus (notice Joe's Tshirt....he was on cloud 9 :cloud9: when he found this shirt at the POR, he is always repeating the Monorail "Por Favor" no matter where we go! :lmao:)
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture079.jpg

Up Next: MK & 1900 Park Fare!

lov2b@disney
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Jodi! totally understand that frustration- I know you read my BC view of the roof/peak in front of our room-- thankfully we did get it changed and a free upgrade and I felt better--bummer they had nothing for you at least DH gave it a try:sad2:

padisneyfour
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
sorry you didn't get to change rooms, but like you said you are at disney after all so make the best of things. It was nice DH tired though. I do like your pics at AKL- we haven't been there but have to make it a point to visit on our next trip. Looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

roozlilone
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Jodi! totally understand that frustration- I know you read my BC view of the roof/peak in front of our room-- thankfully we did get it changed and a free upgrade and I felt better--bummer they had nothing for you at least DH gave it a try:sad2:

I remember your BC troubles! I actually thought of that when Joe went to the front desk! Eventhough I was disappointed, I got over it quickly! :goodvibes

sorry you didn't get to change rooms, but like you said you are at disney after all so make the best of things. It was nice DH tired though. I do like your pics at AKL- we haven't been there but have to make it a point to visit on our next trip. Looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Thanks! AKL is the best! Even if you don't stay there, go and visit the animals! :goodvibes

roozlilone
08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Day 2 Continued: MK & 1900 Park Fare!

Is it just me or do you have to go to the Magic Kingdom park first in order to feel like you are REALLY in Disney? :thumbsup2 MK is always the first park we visit, it just has a magic the other parks don't have and we never quite feel like we are in Disney World until we step onto Main Street & hear the music and see the castle! :lovestruc

Well, I left off with us waiting at the AKL for the bus to the MK! Within 5 minutes we were on our way (a good start I thought to how the buses were running from the resorts, or so I thought, more on that later :sad2:). For some crazy reason, I didn't take a whole lot of pictures while we were at the MK that day! I only took over 400 pics total for the trip, :lmao: but I only have like 3 of the MK! Here are the only ones I took!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture081.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture082.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture083.jpg

The highlights of the day....we got our first FREE dessert with the help of our bride/groom hats! pixiedust: We were in Fantasy Land and went to get a pretzel and the CM saw our hats and said, "It's on us." YEAH, it worked, keep it coming! :laughing: I got my Mom a birthday button, so she was on cloud nine :cloud9: because everyone was wishing her a Happy Birthday, a real treat for her. And Joe and I got to ride "OUR" ride, Peter Pan. Guys, it's a very romantic ride, make your kids go by themselves and ride with your DH...you're flying in the dark...very romantic, trust me, try it! :rotfl2:

We didn't stay at the MK that long because our plan was to have a full day at the MK on Tuesday when my sister, Donna and my brother, DJ where here. So, we took in the sights, rode a few rides and headed back to the lodge.

We ate lunch, took a short nap, swam a little and then got ready for dinner at the 1900 Park Fare for my Mom's birthday dinner! The dinner was fabulous, however, getting there was another story....:headache:

Our ressie was at 5:00 so we left at 3:30 because we knew using the bus would take awhile. We would have to go to the MK and then take the Monorail over the the GF. 1 and 1/2 hours should be enough time, you would think? :confused3 We get to the AKL bus stop, wait about 10 minutes, a bus pulls up at the MK stop, but has NOTHING on the front indicating where it's going. So, Joe asks (and we all heard him clearly), are you going to the Magic Kingdom?? Yes he tells us, so we get on! We still have plenty of time at this point. But it didn't take me long (all us disney diehards know the bus routes by heart :laughing:) to figure out that we were NOT going to the MK, oh no, we were going to Downtown Disney! :scared1: Joe went back up to him and asked politely, yet in an aggrevated tone, you said you were going to the MK? No, no, no, Downtown Disney. Yeah, I get it, they SOUND SO SIMILAR! So we get off that bus and decide to wait on the GF bus (which again you guys know doesn't just go to the GF, it goes to the campgrounds and WL) It's about 4:15 or so, the bus finally arrives at 4:40 or so. Now remember, we have to go to Pleasure Island first before we go to our 20 other resorts before we actually go to the GF! :laughing: I knew at this point we were not going to make it on time (And I hate being late). To make matters worse, we pull into Pleasure Island and they have to change bus drivers!!!! CMON! Everything felt like it was going on SLOW MOTION! They finally make the exchange (another 10 minutes) and we get ready to leave and the bus in front of us BLOCKS US IN! I'm serious, no joke! It's like 2 minutes before 5 when we finally leave PI! It was 5:35 before we made it to dinner....but it was definitely worth the wait! We had a ball and Mom was treated like a Queen!

Here is my Mom with her Birthday Crown:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture085.jpg

Here are the girls with Cinderella:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture086.jpg

I had to take a picture with the Prince:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture087.jpg

She really kinda scared the kids, I don't think they really wanted to take a picture with her, :laughing:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture089.jpg

Us with the sisters:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture090.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture091.jpg

The highlight of the dinner, the glass slipper dessert I ordered for my Mom, so pretty, we didn't want to eat it (but we did):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture093.jpg

UP NEXT: THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP NEXT TO THE VR---MY SURPRISE!

accountingbabe08
08-02-2008, 08:28 PM
hi Jodi,

I was wondering does 1900 Park Fare changed from a regular dinner to a buffet. Please let me know. I'm loving your report.

Day 2 Continued: MK & 1900 Park Fare!

Is it just me or do you have to go to the Magic Kingdom park first in order to feel like you are REALLY in Disney? :thumbsup2 MK is always the first park we visit, it just has a magic the other parks don't have and we never quite feel like we are in Disney World until we step onto Main Street & hear the music and see the castle! :lovestruc

Well, I left off with us waiting at the AKL for the bus to the MK! Within 5 minutes we were on our way (a good start I thought to how the buses were running from the resorts, or so I thought, more on that later :sad2:). For some crazy reason, I didn't take a whole lot of pictures while we were at the MK that day! I only took over 400 pics total for the trip, :lmao: but I only have like 3 of the MK! Here are the only ones I took!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture081.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture082.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture083.jpg

The highlights of the day....we got our first FREE dessert with the help of our bride/groom hats! pixiedust: We were in Fantasy Land and went to get a pretzel and the CM saw our hats and said, "It's on us." YEAH, it worked, keep it coming! :laughing: I got my Mom a birthday button, so she was on cloud nine :cloud9: because everyone was wishing her a Happy Birthday, a real treat for her. And Joe and I got to ride "OUR" ride, Peter Pan. Guys, it's a very romantic ride, make your kids go by themselves and ride with your DH...you're flying in the dark...very romantic, trust me, try it! :rotfl2:

We didn't stay at the MK that long because our plan was to have a full day at the MK on Tuesday when my sister, Donna and my brother, DJ where here. So, we took in the sights, rode a few rides and headed back to the lodge.

We ate lunch, took a short nap, swam a little and then got ready for dinner at the 1900 Park Fare for my Mom's birthday dinner! The dinner was fabulous, however, getting there was another story....:headache:

Our ressie was at 5:00 so we left at 3:30 because we knew using the bus would take awhile. We would have to go to the MK and then take the Monorail over the the GF. 1 and 1/2 hours should be enough time, you would think? :confused3 We get to the AKL bus stop, wait about 10 minutes, a bus pulls up at the MK stop, but has NOTHING on the front indicating where it's going. So, Joe asks (and we all heard him clearly), are you going to the Magic Kingdom?? Yes he tells us, so we get on! We still have plenty of time at this point. But it didn't take me long (all us disney diehards know the bus routes by heart :laughing:) to figure out that we were NOT going to the MK, oh no, we were going to Downtown Disney! :scared1: Joe went back up to him and asked politely, yet in an aggrevated tone, you said you were going to the MK? No, no, no, Downtown Disney. Yeah, I get it, they SOUND SO SIMILAR! So we get off that bus and decide to wait on the GF bus (which again you guys know doesn't just go to the GF, it goes to the campgrounds and WL) It's about 4:15 or so, the bus finally arrives at 4:40 or so. Now remember, we have to go to Pleasure Island first before we go to our 20 other resorts before we actually go to the GF! :laughing: I knew at this point we were not going to make it on time (And I hate being late). To make matters worse, we pull into Pleasure Island and they have to change bus drivers!!!! CMON! Everything felt like it was going on SLOW MOTION! They finally make the exchange (another 10 minutes) and we get ready to leave and the bus in front of us BLOCKS US IN! I'm serious, no joke! It's like 2 minutes before 5 when we finally leave PI! It was 5:35 before we made it to dinner....but it was definitely worth the wait! We had a ball and Mom was treated like a Queen!

Here is my Mom with her Birthday Crown:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture085.jpg

Here are the girls with Cinderella:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture086.jpg

I had to take a picture with the Prince:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture087.jpg

She really kinda scared the kids, I don't think they really wanted to take a picture with her, :laughing:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture089.jpg

Us with the sisters:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture090.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture091.jpg

The highlight of the dinner, the glass slipper dessert I ordered for my Mom, so pretty, we didn't want to eat it (but we did):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture093.jpg

UP NEXT: THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP NEXT TO THE VR---MY SURPRISE!

padisneyfour
08-02-2008, 08:31 PM
you guys lok like you had so much fun! I LOVE peter pan with DH, too!:goodvibes :banana: waiting for more....popcorn:: Surprises too...:yay:

JustMickey
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm a lurker here on the wedding boards. I got here through your husband's thread on thinking of a surprise for you! Can't wait to see how it turned out!

Your pictures are beautiful!! I love your daughters all dressed up, they look so cute! I bet all three of you felt like princesses that day!!princess:

Can't wait to read more!

Donald'sGirl
08-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Great job so far Jodi!! I love the pics with the characters at 1900, so cute! Can't wait to hear about the suprise!

roozlilone
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
hi Jodi,

I was wondering does 1900 Park Fare changed from a regular dinner to a buffet. Please let me know. I'm loving your report.

It's a buffet and one of the best on property, IMHO! It's a great place to celebrate any special occasion. They always go out of the way to make it extra special! :goodvibes

you guys lok like you had so much fun! I LOVE peter pan with DH, too!:goodvibes :banana: waiting for more....popcorn:: Surprises too...:yay:

We had a blast at dinner! The food was great and the stepsisters were a hoot! :goodvibes

I'm a lurker here on the wedding boards. I got here through your husband's thread on thinking of a surprise for you! Can't wait to see how it turned out!

Your pictures are beautiful!! I love your daughters all dressed up, they look so cute! I bet all three of you felt like princesses that day!!princess:

Can't wait to read more!

Great job so far Jodi!! I love the pics with the characters at 1900, so cute! Can't wait to hear about the suprise!

Thanks guy! Surprise coming soon! :goodvibes

rapscallion
08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I can't wait to here about the surprise lil buddies.:love: Thought I would just drop in and say Hi.pirate:

lov2b@disney
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Jodi everything sounded fun, other than the bus ride :headache: We always like to visit MK too, then you really feel like you're at Disney! Cant wait to hear all about the big surprise-- what a sweet husband!:lovestruc

29apr00
08-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Oh a suprise! can't wait to hear about it!!

Ugh the bus ordeal sounds horrible!! I'd have gone nuts being that late for dinner!!

roozlilone
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
First, let me give you a just a brief history of my surprise. Some of you may know, and some may not know, my husband, Joe is known on the boards as “Rapscallion,” a relative newbie. He posted his first thread on the board shortly before our trip enlisting help from you guys on ideas for ways to surprise me during our trip.

Here is a link to his thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1881798

The funny part about the entire thing is I KNEW he was Rapscallion. :upsidedow I don’t read every thread on the board, but the name Rapscallion caught my eye…when I started reading it, I knew immediately it was him! If you’ve been with your significant other for any length of time it’s pretty easy to know their writing. :laughing: His thread oozed of him from top to bottom plus his character name for Pirates of the Caribbean pirate: online is Rapscallion, so it was pretty easy to figure out. However, I didn’t respond to the thread or say anything to him at home because I had decided (and boy was it hard) for ONCE I would not ruin his surprise for me whatever it might be. In the 20 years we have been together, every time he has ever tried to surprise me (even when he proposed), I’ve always managed to ruin it or screw it up, sometimes unintentionally and sometimes because I’m just a control freak.:rolleyes:

Well, he finally truly surprised me and it was the most perfect surprise and almost the best part of the trip, coming in a close second to the VR, so here it goes….:love:

After dinner at the 1900 Park Fare, we were pretty full and tired so we decided to take the Monorail back to the MK and take the bus back to the lodge and call it an early night. As we walked to the AKL bus stop, Joe took my hand and led me to the POR bus stop. I was pretty tired by this point, so I was quit confused. But we waved goodbye to my Mom & the kids and kept walking. All I kept saying was, “where are we going?” Nothing leading up to this moment gave me any clue as to what was going to happen next. Normally, if my kids know about a surprise (which they did), they would act funny, especially Hannah because she NEVERS keeps a secret. They didn’t do anything out of the ordinary and neither did my Mom. So, I was pretty blown away that I had no clue at this point. :confused3 I kept say, “why are we going to the POR?” In my head, I was thinking, what is there? :rolleyes1 I mean it’s a nice resort, but why there? I know I have a hard time just going with the flow….I have to know everything.

We finally arrived at the POR and instead of getting off at the closest bus stop to the lobby he picked the farthest one from the front. :rolleyes: Hmmm….I still couldn’t think of a logical reason why we would come here. And then he started asking me questions about the disboard and did I happen to read the thread from Rapscallion? Yes, of course I did, and I couldn’t lie to him, I told him I knew it was him. :rotfl: He was like, why didn’t you post a reply? Guys, have you seen the movie, Mr. & Mrs. Smith? I know, corny, hugh? :lmao: But that’s what he had in mind. He wanted a full out cat and mouse game (He is a teacher and he is off for the summer, I think he has too much time on his hands :laughing:) I thought I was doing good by not saying anything and not spoiling his surprise. It really was a great moment, just walking holding hands, just the two of us (finally alone for a few minutes, parents you know what I’m talking about) laughing the whole way to the front of the resort talking about his plan to surprise me. We finally made it to the front of the resort and he revealed his surprise, a carriage ride just for the two of us through the FQ. :hug: We sat and waited for about 15 minutes and then the driver pulled up and we got on….I was so excited, :yay: I’ve always wanted to go on a carriage ride. Before we left, the driver came up and presented me with a gift basket. :yay: Joe had gotten me my favorite wine, 2 Mickey glasses, chocolates and a Cinderella's glass slipper!

Here is me and my basket:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture096.jpg

Joe & I in the carriage (it was nice and dark and romantic :cloud9:):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture102.jpg

We tried to take some pictures, but they all came out blurry, because it was so bumpy:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture099.jpg

It was 30 minutes of perfection and I didn't want it to end! Just to spend a few minutes alone (it was pretty much our only alone time the entire week) was priceless! It was perfect end to the day! :hug: I knew there was a reason why I was marrying him again! :rotfl2:

Up Next Day 3: AK, the Calm before the Storm & the Parent Dinner!

pjstevens
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Jodi,

It sounds like your surprise was wonderful!!! You have a great hubby and a beautiful family!

keenercam
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
That is so sweet! :lovestruc :faint:

irisbud
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Aww, that is so sweet! Can''t wait to read more!

padisneyfour
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
:goodvibes what a beautiful moment to share....

Lizby
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
How sweet! What a wonderful husband you have!!!!!! :goodvibes

Donald'sGirl
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Jodi that was a great surprise!! That is how my DF proposed to me, in a carriage ride at POR as we were staying at POFQ. It is such a wonderful ride!

Joe - good job!! :thumbsup2

WithDisneySpirit
08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, he is a sweet Rapscallion, isn't he? I wondered if he was your hubby also just based on the timing and what he said about how you had it planned to the hilt and he wouldn't be able to surprise you :rotfl:

roozlilone
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Jodi,

It sounds like your surprise was wonderful!!! You have a great hubby and a beautiful family!

Thanks! I know, I think I'll keep him! :laughing:

That is so sweet! :lovestruc :faint:

Aww, that is so sweet! Can''t wait to read more!

Thanks, he is very sweet and funny too! :goodvibes

:goodvibes what a beautiful moment to share....

It's crazy how the smallest things turn out to be the best! Who knew a carriage ride would be the best part of the trip, but it was one of those moments you just want time to stand still and it really felt like it did! :hug:

How sweet! What a wonderful husband you have!!!!!! :goodvibes

Liz, thanks and I think I got him addicted to the disboards!

Jodi that was a great surprise!! That is how my DF proposed to me, in a carriage ride at POR as we were staying at POFQ. It is such a wonderful ride!

Joe - good job!! :thumbsup2

Oh, wow, that would make a great place to propose! All you guys out there, take note! :love:

Yes, he is a sweet Rapscallion, isn't he? I wondered if he was your hubby also just based on the timing and what he said about how you had it planned to the hilt and he wouldn't be able to surprise you :rotfl:

Yes, he described me to a tee, didn't he! :goodvibes

29apr00
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh that's a beautiful suprise!! :love: Good for DH for planning that for you!! Can your Joe send my Joe some romantic pointers? He'd never think of something like that on his own!! :confused3

rapscallion
08-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi guys, just thought I would drop in and say hi. Much to my humility, I need to milk this for as long as I can. This is probably the only time I am going to pull something like this off. Thought I should interject, I was truly hoping she knew it was me. I was trying to drive her crazy with questions. She hates leaving any question unanswered. And I agree. It was the best part of the trip next to the VR. Everyone ask yourself this question. Who is the first person you think of that you want to be with, who is the person you can sit in silence with and be perfectly content.....even if that person can't sit in silence:rotfl2: Who is your best friend, who would give up everything to make that person happy, who is.......oh man I gotta go, she's coming.......Ask yourself, when you say that someones name does it always make smile, does it evoke an emotional response, like the response I will get when she gets onto me. I'm suppose to be cutting grass. see ya!pirate: I LOVE THIS ICON!

29apr00
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi guys, just thought I would drop in and say hi. Much to my humility, I need to milk this for as long as I can. This is probably the only time I am going to pull something like this off. Thought I should interject, I was truly hoping she knew it was me. I was trying to drive her crazy with questions. She hates leaving any question unanswered. And I agree. It was the best part of the trip next to the VR. Everyone ask yourself this question. Who is the first person you think of that you want to be with, who is the person you can sit in silence with and be perfectly content.....even if that person can't sit in silence:rotfl2: Who is your best friend, who would give up everything to make that person happy, who is.......oh man I gotta go, she's coming.......Ask yourself, when you say that someones name does it always make smile, does it evoke an emotional response, like the response I will get when she gets onto me. I'm suppose to be cutting grass. see ya!pirate: I LOVE THIS ICON!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: you're awesome!!

Donald'sGirl
08-08-2008, 09:48 PM
:lmao: Joe you are fantastic! Jodi is one very lucky lady to have you even if you are not cutting the grass like she probably wants you to!! :rotfl:

Lynn5700
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Aww how sweet!!!!!!!!!!! I love your TR....I saw the same Anastasia when we were in the MK...I think she is too pretty to be an ugly step sister!

figmentfan814
08-09-2008, 09:35 PM
It sounds like the carriage ride at POR was so romantic, the basket was such a nice touch. Maybe I should hint around to Kris about going on a ride for our 1st anniversary trip ;)

roozlilone
08-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh that's a beautiful suprise!! :love: Good for DH for planning that for you!! Can your Joe send my Joe some romantic pointers? He'd never think of something like that on his own!! :confused3

Thanks! He'll love that fact someone is asking him for pointers! Priceless! :lmao:

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

:lmao: Joe you are fantastic! Jodi is one very lucky lady to have you even if you are not cutting the grass like she probably wants you to!! :rotfl:

No, we really need our grass cut! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aww how sweet!!!!!!!!!!! I love your TR....I saw the same Anastasia when we were in the MK...I think she is too pretty to be an ugly step sister!

I agree! :thumbsup2 It's the first time we got to take pictures with them!

It sounds like the carriage ride at POR was so romantic, the basket was such a nice touch. Maybe I should hint around to Kris about going on a ride for our 1st anniversary trip ;)

Yes, you should, you would love it. The great thing is, it's not too expensive, only $35 for 30 minutes I think! I would love to do it again on our next trip! :yay:

roozlilone
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Day 3 Monday: AK, Family Arrives and Dinner at Tutto Italia!

Today was the day most of the family was arriving! :banana: :banana: Part of me was very excited, part of me was like.....here comes the STRESS! :scared1:

My older sister, Christine (Disney Hater #1), arrived last Sunday night and was planning on meeting us at the AK park (Just to remind you guys, Christine is the one that didn't make a ressie to come until about a week before the trip) Yes, who does that....:headache: Anyhoo, we ate breakfast in the room, got on the bus and headed to the AK, only a short 5 minute ride from the lodge! :woohoo:

Joe ran and got our fastpasses to Everest and we decided to kill some time in Dino land so we rode Primal Whirl like 5 times with no wait (I love that ride :love:). Joe always gets sick on that ride so he spent his time trying to win us some stuff dinosaurs! :thumbsup2

Here are the girls getting ready to spin:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture103.jpg

We ran into the tree lady (I know she has a name, not sure what it is??):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture104.jpg

Here we are trying to kill some time waiting on my sister!
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture105.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture106.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture107.jpg

Christine finally arrived and we headed over to Kali River Rapids to meet up with her. Our conversation went something like this.... ME "hey where are you?" Christine "We are over here at the Rapids ride." ME "hold on and wait for us, we are headed that way and we can ride together." Christine "ok."

I kid you not, we walked all the way from Africa to the Rapids and she was no where to be found!! :confused3 I called her back on my cell and there was no answer. We sat and waited for at least 15 minutes, called her cell again at least 5 or 6 times and still no answer! Needless to say I wasn't too happy. I was really looking forward to seeing her and my niece & nephew in Disney World (You guys know what I'm talking about...the first time you see someone you know in World, it's really fun to meet up). We later found out she couldn't wait on us because her kids, Caroline & Ian, were fussy (they are 9 & 12) so they rode the Rapids without us and "something was wrong with her phone" so she couldn't get in touch with us! Right! :rolleyes1

I didn't let it get to me too much! We still had an amazing time & the weather was great! We finished with a ride on Everest and headed back to the hotel for a nap and a swim. Joe's parents arrived at 3 p.m. and headed over to the Shades of Green to check-in and get their room and awesome welcome bag! :laughing: They actually had it with them when we met up for dinner! :thumbsup2 I love my in-laws, they're great!

We met up at 5:00 at Tutto Italia for dinner with just my Mom and his parents! I was really looking forward to Tutto because it was one of the few restaurants we hadn't tried yet! And boy, it did not disappoint! IMHO, it's way better than the restaurant it replaced! The food was soooo....good! :lovestruc Very fresh, light sauces, and amazing desserts! We had a great time with just our parents:

Joe, MIL, FIL, Kaitlyn & Hannah in Italy:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture108.jpg
CM was nice enough to take a group pic of us:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture109.jpg

FYI, my SIL, Rhonda (Disney Hater #2) had made it to the World earlier that day. We called them several times, but we never could get a hold of them! :confused:

Up Next Day 4: Hollywood Studios & Welcome Dinner!

lov2b@disney
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Jodi-- Great update, it made me made that your sister went on Kali River Rapids without you, and how dare her use a 9 and 11 year old as excuses!!

So sorry! so Glad to hear a good review of Tutto Italio we are going to go for our anniversary---in 10 months:rotfl: Gotta have another trip to plan

padisneyfour
08-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Jodie, another great report. love of pics of all of you together(that is nice) anyway, great report looking forward to hearing more!!!!!:goodvibes

WithDisneySpirit
08-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Did you and hubby get all the Disney genes in the family? Well, anyway, lucky for you :goodvibes :rotfl:

figmentfan814
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
We had several Disney haters in our group too, so I totally understand the frustrations!

Kris and I love Primeval Whirl too; we always like to ride it several times in a row :rotfl:

29apr00
08-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I just don't get Disney haters!!! What's to hate?? I mean, i can understand not knowing HOW to do Disney, but that shouldn't make you a hater! Way to ruin it for others! :headache: My sisters 2 step-sons have only been to Disney 1 time, and I guess their mother is a Disney hater because they had a horrible time! I'm so excited for them to come to the VR so I can show them how great Disney really is!!!

Glad you liked Tutto Italia! I want to try that one too!

Donald'sGirl
08-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Jodi love the update! I am so glad you had a good time with your FIL & MIL! All you can do is ignore the Disney haters! They have no idea what they are missing!

roozlilone
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Jodi-- Great update, it made me made that your sister went on Kali River Rapids without you, and how dare her use a 9 and 11 year old as excuses!!

So sorry! so Glad to hear a good review of Tutto Italio we are going to go for our anniversary---in 10 months:rotfl: Gotta have another trip to plan

We are going back on Labor Day for a short trip and plan on going to Tutto again! It was awesome! :thumbsup2

Jodie, another great report. love of pics of all of you together(that is nice) anyway, great report looking forward to hearing more!!!!!:goodvibes

Thanks, you are so sweet! :goodvibes

Did you and hubby get all the Disney genes in the family? Well, anyway, lucky for you :goodvibes :rotfl:

YES!!!! :rotfl: I got my genes from my parents, they are huge Disney lovers! :goodvibes

We had several Disney haters in our group too, so I totally understand the frustrations!

Kris and I love Primeval Whirl too; we always like to ride it several times in a row :rotfl:

I think a lot of people miss Primeval Whirl because they automatically go straight to Everest! It's a great little roller coaster! :goodvibes

I just don't get Disney haters!!! What's to hate?? I mean, i can understand not knowing HOW to do Disney, but that shouldn't make you a hater! Way to ruin it for others! :headache: My sisters 2 step-sons have only been to Disney 1 time, and I guess their mother is a Disney hater because they had a horrible time! I'm so excited for them to come to the VR so I can show them how great Disney really is!!!

Glad you liked Tutto Italia! I want to try that one too!

I think you either get the "magic" or you don't!

Jodi love the update! I am so glad you had a good time with your FIL & MIL! All you can do is ignore the Disney haters! They have no idea what they are missing!

We learned really quick to ignore the family that was irritating us! :lmao:

Lizby
08-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Sorry to hear not all of the family was cooperating with your plans and weren't in the Disney spirit! We had reservations to Tutto Italia but wound up missing them because we went to see Blue Man Group instead. I am kicking myself for not finding time to get back there during our trip after reading your review of it! We will have to go next time we go back! BTW, I love the group pic of you guys! You're so cute!

29apr00
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
popcorn:: More More more!!

roozlilone
09-01-2008, 06:51 PM
popcorn:: More More more!!

Sorry I haven't posted an update lately, I've been a little preoccupied with Hurricane Gus. We were in it's path for the past week so we left and went to our "happy place" for a few days, yes, Disney! :banana: :banana: My family and friends thought we were crazy since it's only been a little over a month since our VR! But I really needed a short fix! :thumbsup2 Thankfully, we only received tropical storms winds and no damage so we came back today! I'm tired, but promise to get back to my TR shortly!

Our short 3 day trip was great, eventhough it was Labor Day weekend, there were hardly any lines at the park, rode Everest 2 times, back to back, only 10minute waits both times! Weather was good, windy but okay! Stayed at CSR and got a room in the Ranchos with 2 Queens (instead of the normal doubles). We had a great time!

I will post some pics and an update on our VR soon, promise! :goodvibes

jessesgirl-080708
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Disney World is the best hurricane hiding spot!:woohoo:
Thats so awesome!

WithDisneySpirit
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry I haven't posted an update lately, I've been a little preoccupied with Hurricane Gus. We were in it's path for the past week so we left and went to our "happy place" for a few days, yes, Disney! :banana: :banana: My family and friends thought we were crazy since it's only been a little over a month since our VR! But I really needed a short fix! :thumbsup2 Thankfully, we only received tropical storms winds and no damage so we came back today! I'm tired, but promise to get back to my TR shortly!

Our short 3 day trip was great, eventhough it was Labor Day weekend, there were hardly any lines at the park, rode Everest 2 times, back to back, only 10minute waits both times! Weather was good, windy but okay! Stayed at CSR and got a room in the Ranchos with 2 Queens (instead of the normal doubles). We had a great time!

I will post some pics and an update on our VR soon, promise! :goodvibes

You might need to check out DVC :lovestruc I am glad you were okay from Gus though :grouphug:

lov2b@disney
09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah for a disney weekend. Glad you made out ok with the hurricane!

keenercam
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
What an awesome way to get away from the stress of the storm! So glad you had a nice trip! :thumbsup2 :sunny:

Donald'sGirl
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
That's awesome that you were able to escape to Disney for a couple of days to get out of the way of the hurricane! I am glad you and your family are safe and have no damage.

roozlilone
09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Disney World is the best hurricane hiding spot!:woohoo:
Thats so awesome!

I agree! We went to Disney during Katrina! :thumbsup2

You might need to check out DVC :lovestruc I am glad you were okay from Gus though :grouphug:

Funny you should mention that, we thought the same thing! We average at least 4 trips a year!

Yeah for a disney weekend. Glad you made out ok with the hurricane!

What an awesome way to get away from the stress of the storm! So glad you had a nice trip! :thumbsup2 :sunny:

That's awesome that you were able to escape to Disney for a couple of days to get out of the way of the hurricane! I am glad you and your family are safe and have no damage.

Thanks Guys! Gosh I got to get back to my TR! Here a few pics from our Labor Day trip:

Here is Maggie all excited she was coming to Disney with us (she is definitely a Disney dog):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0695.jpg

Here are the girls at the Epcot Kennel exercising Maggie & Sulley:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0742.jpg

Here is the Magic Kingdom all dressed up for Halloween:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0705.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0707.jpg

Here is Joe at the Pirate of the Carribean ride, we had so much time taking this shot because there was NO LINE!!! There was little wait on all the rides at the Magic Kingdom that day:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0720.jpg

Up Next Day 4: Hollywood Studios & Welcome Dinner!

tlhbdm
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Here is Maggie all excited she was coming to Disney with us (she is definitely a Disney dog):
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/102_0695.jpg

I have a shih-tzu named Maggie!

roozlilone
09-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Hollywood Studios & The Welcome Dinner!

We woke up pretty early on Tuesday.... ate breakfast in the room, got dressed and ready to go so we could be there when Hollywood Studios opened at 9 a.m.! Of course, we were extra excited because it was our first time on Toy Mania! My Mom, unfortunately, woke up not feeling so good. She was really sick! :sick: We think she ate something bad at Yak & Yeti but we were really not sure. So, she ended up staying in bed all day & even missed the Welcome Dinner! :sad1:

Joe raced over (well walked really quick) to the Rockin Roller Coaster to get fast passes while I walked with the girls to get in line for Toy Mania. Out of the FIFTY MILLION people there and being just about blind, I managed to spot my MIL from the crowd (we had not planned on meeting up), but it was a nice surprise!
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture118.jpg

So we ended up spending some good QT with my in-laws. Absolutley loved Toy Mania....my right arm was soooo....sore after that ride! :woohoo:

Hannah got her face painted, Kaitlyn was "too old," (she is 11 going on 20) to get her face painted, or at least that is what she tells me! :lmao:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture119.jpg

Does anyone have a "tradition" when they go to Disney, something you do as a family every time you go? Well we do, every trip we take the same picture on the Star Wars cruiser. We have done it every year since Hannah was 2! I have to go home and find our very first one to show you guys how much they have grown:

Then (Hannah was really distracted with something?)
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/starwars.jpg

Now:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture122.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture124.jpg

We left around Noon to eat lunch at the lodge and check on my Mom and get ready for the Welcome Dinner at Raglan Road Irish Pub. We were also waiting on the last two from my family to arrive, my brother, aka my escort, (DJ), sister (Donna) and her daughter (Madison) who was also celebrating her 6th birtday. princess: They made it to the Welcome Dinner with about 2 minutes to spare! :laughing: My mom still was feeling good so she stayed in her room. I hated that she missed out on the first time the ENTIRE family was together!

Here we are leaving for the Welcome Dinner:
Kaitlyn & Hannah with their Bridesmaid Shirts:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture143.jpg

Joe & I in our Bride & Groom tshirts:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture126.jpg

The Welcome Dinner experience was both FANTASTIC, seeing my brother and sister, Donna for the first time was GREAT! :thumbsup2 They haven't been to Disney since they were little so they were sooo...happy to be there, which makes me happy! :hug: On the other hand, my SIL, Rhonda didn't say a word to me except to tell me she thought the personalized water bottles I made for the welcome bags were "creepy." No, thank you, cute idea, no, just "creepy."

Here is Joe & Rhonda:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Disney%20Trip%20July%202008/Picture148.jpg

That aside, everything turned our great! Raglan Road is a PERFECT location for a welcome dinner or even a reception. They are so accomodating and attentive and the food was great! They put us in the "SNUG" area which is really tucked away so it's really private!

Here is my niece & nephews:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture149.jpg

My In-Laws enjoying their time at the kids table:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/roozlilone/Family%20Disney%20Trip/Picture146.jpg

Up Next Day 5: The Day Before the Vow Renewal! We attempt to go to the Magic Kingdom with The Whole Family!

padisneyfour
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey, glad you are back posting and safe..... boy I wish I could use an excuse like gus to squeeze in a disney trip(I am SO jealous, but glad you and yours are ok ):goodvibes Love the pic at stars tours, we always do the waterfall in canada at Epcot as our traditional shot along with the castle of course...Sorry to hear about your SIL "creepy" comment - some people just don't get it.....how does the old saying go "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything"Looking forward to hearing more......:goodvibes

Donald'sGirl
09-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Love the update! We want to do our welcome dinner at Raglan Road as well. I am sorry your SIL was being such an itch. That comment was so uncalled for and so bizarre.

lov2b@disney
09-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Great update Jodi- love the starwars pictures! We do Mickey in the Judges Tent every trip

WithDisneySpirit
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
That was a wonderful installment :goodvibes We just love Raglan Rd - so sorry your mom had to miss it! Your dogs are adorable!!!

roozlilone
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey, glad you are back posting and safe..... boy I wish I could use an excuse like gus to squeeze in a disney trip(I am SO jealous, but glad you and yours are ok ):goodvibes Love the pic at stars tours, we always do the waterfall in canada at Epcot as our traditional shot along with the castle of course...Sorry to hear about your SIL "creepy" comment - some people just don't get it.....how does the old saying go "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything"Looking forward to hearing more......:goodvibes

We are lucky we live close enough to Disney we can drive. It's really not a bad drive, I think I could do it with my eyes closed. :rotfl:

Love the update! We want to do our welcome dinner at Raglan Road as well. I am sorry your SIL was being such an itch. That comment was so uncalled for and so bizarre.

Bizarre was exactly what I was thinking too. I really didn't know how to take it, but I didn't let it get to me! :thumbsup2

Great update Jodi- love the starwars pictures! We do Mickey in the Judges Tent every trip

It's cool to see how the kids change over the years. I hope their still willing to do it in the next 5 years or so! :flower3:

That was a wonderful installment :goodvibes We just love Raglan Rd - so sorry your mom had to miss it! Your dogs are adorable!!!

Raglan Road was the best! We just love the Irish atmosphere! I hated that Mom was feeling well enough to go, but thankfully, it was just 24 hour bug and she was fine the next day! :goodvibes