PDA

View Full Version : Your DIS name

Pages : 1 [2] 3

olbear
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Ya know, I think the selection process you went through to come up with that name is pretty impressive. You're a thinker, aren't you?

Have you ever seen the picture of Pooh tapping his finger on his forehead and saying, "think, think, think" ? Well, there ya go!!

Blessings,
Winnie

Minnie mom of 6
04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I used to be thesmittys8 or the smittys7 but I got locked out of my account and can't remember mypassword so I just started over, I was probably still earning my ears anyway:goodvibes

I have 6 kids and I am only 4'11 so minnine mom of 6 felt right:cool2:

Doggmeat
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Doggmeat or Dm-- picked it up in '98 online gaming and it stuck, dont know why maybe just too bored to come up with a different one. also go by Todd to my DW or Daddy to my DD who turns 4 this month.

PolynesianPixie
04-04-2008, 07:01 AM
I used to be thesmittys8 or the smittys7 but I got locked out of my account and can't remember mypassword so I just started over, I was probably still earning my ears anyway:goodvibes

I have 6 kids and I am only 4'11 so minnine mom of 6 felt right:cool2:

ooooo! You're 2 inches shorter than me! :cool1:

I'm sorry, I had to gloat. This moment comes so infrequently!:goodvibes

RvUsa
04-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Ami, we have GOT TO GET TOGETHER for a picture at the fort, I am 6'8", it would be so funny.:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
04-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Ami, we have GOT TO GET TOGETHER for a picture at the fort, I am 6'8", it would be so funny.:lmao:

We'd look like a circus act for sure!!!!!:lmao:

RvUsa
04-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Matt is 5 and he is 4'4" allready....

PolynesianPixie
04-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Matt is 5 and he is 4'4" allready....

well, put him in the picture too. It won't be the first time a Kindergartner was taller than me! :lmao:

Minnie mom of 6
04-04-2008, 02:37 PM
ooooo! You're 2 inches shorter than me! :cool1:

I'm sorry, I had to gloat. This moment comes so infrequently!:goodvibes

Most of my kids are passing me up as well:sad2:

ILoveDisney&Cruising
04-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, my real full name is Winifred. My hubby's name is Fred. I use to hate my real name because in 7th grade this jerk started teasing me about it and saying. "get first prize and you win-a-fred!!" Well smarty pants, I sure nuf did!!!

Awww, that's just so cute. Well, not the teasing part, but the rest of it. I'm glad you won your Fred! :goodvibes

THE GRIND
04-06-2008, 01:51 PM
:hippie: We have a cafe in quitman tx, THE MORNING GRIND CAFE

ntsammy5
04-06-2008, 01:55 PM
:hippie: We have a cafe in quitman tx, THE MORNING GRIND CAFE

That's a good reason to choose that name. Welcome!

2goofycampers
04-09-2008, 04:37 PM
bump for newbies

mdoc
04-09-2008, 07:00 PM
My user name is my initials. My real name is Mary.

medic9016
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm a Department of Defense Firefighter Paramedic and the 9016 was my helmet number before we did away with the numbers and put names on the helmets.

Schminston-Mo
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Schminston- Mo. Nicknames of my dogs (Did I just admit that my dogs had nicknames? :eek: ) .

Winston-Schminston (My beagle mix who had to be put down this fall at age 15 :sad1: ) and Molly-Mo (My 13 year old 3 legged lab mix who despite the fact can't walk two steps without falling anymore still has a smile on her face and a wagging tail.)

thomasclan85
05-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Mine is simple......Last name plus year we were married. :goodvibes

YellowXterra
05-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Yellow was the color of my Xterra so I have been using this screen name for 8 years, now days I have a Blue Frontier but it don't have the same ring to it. :wizard:

ffpm63
05-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I am a firefighter pararamedic and my original badge number was 63. About the nicest thing people call me is Tom.:cool2:

The pictures in my signature are my 10yo son.

Pirate-Jeff
05-11-2008, 05:47 PM
The first 20 + names I tried were taken so I ended up with Pirate Jeff

Jeff

Goingtoseethemouse
05-11-2008, 06:33 PM
HI! I have been so busy lately with teaching (1st grade) doing laundry, cooking , cleaning, driving 3 kids to sports and instrument lessons...I just have not been on Disboards much lately.
But here it goes.....My name is Leyla. Now let me tell you why my user name is GOINGTOSEETHEMOUSE. Everyone we know, knows how much we love Disney and the Fort. Since I am a teacher I am off a lot. Well, that gives us the chance to visit often (especially since we live only 2 1/2 hours away.) It is our hurricane hideaway and our home away from home. In fact we bought our first travel trailer after our first visit to the Fort (we stayed in the cabins.) We saw that Coachman display over by Pioneer Hall....and three days later signed the papers for our own trailer. WEll several years later and three upgrades later we are still just as in love with the place! Anyway...back to my story.....Well, one year we stayed at the fort about 60 nights. Well, everytime we asked our friend to house sit for us he exclaimed "Oh, so your going to see the mouse..eh?" Well it just stuck!
Leyla & Jim
Jack, Gavin & Ashley

Shannone1
05-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome to all the new people :welcome:

StepInTime
05-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Mary Poppins is my favorite disney movie & the first few names I tried were taken...so it's "Step In Time" a song from the movie. I'm sure there was a simpler way to say that;) My real names is Kris.

iradi8
05-11-2008, 11:00 PM
In my former life (before kids) I used to be a Radiation Therapist. I've been using the screen name iradi8 (I radiate) for years.:)

DisCamper
05-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Discamper is because have camped at Disney more than anywhere else in my life. My real name is Todd.

TwilightOwl
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
I have been lurking for awhile on this site. I posted a few times around our trip to WL in late 2006 but we weren't planning on coming back to WDW until maybe 2009. Well, a few weeks ago we decided to make a trip back to the Fort instead of heading to Colorado. :banana:

My user name is similar to the name I use on rv.net; I think I've seen some of you DIS fort-lovers over there as well! My real name is Angie and we're coming to the Fort from IL. I love all the great info on this site! :)

durango kid
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi to all,

The name my mother saddled me with is Dana. Yes, I am a male, so go ahead and make your jokes now...I've heard them all.

I used to live in Durango, Colorado. So, I was that makes me "The Durango Kid". I've kept that name even though I now live in Celebration, Fl. I guess being The "Cele-Brat" just doesn't have the same ring to it! Being in Celebration however I can get to the Fort and home again on less the a gallon of gas.

crostorfer
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
...Another fairly lame-o screen name here, first inital, last name. My first name is Casey, my daughter's name is Kassidy. Most of the time I think my DH is lame, so his name didn't make it on the list of possible screen names. Just kidding. (Kind of). I live in OOOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain, and I'm a huge dork who loves the Simpsons and Monty Python. If I had it to do over again I'd be something more clever, but I didn't give it much thought. (sigh)

nessz79
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello everyone. A newbie camper here.

My actual name is Vanessa. Growing up my nickname was often Ness or Nessie. That's where nessz comes in. 79 is my birth year (yes, you can do the calculations). And ta-da... that's my dis name!

BigDaddyRog
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm a huge dork who loves the Simpsons and Monty Python.
ooohhh........their gonna LOVE YOU here!!!!!!:thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
05-12-2008, 08:52 PM
yep, that one will fit in just fine...:lmao:

BigDaddyRog
05-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Hello everyone. A newbie camper here.

My actual name is Vanessa. Growing up my nickname was often Ness or Nessie. That's where nessz comes in. 79 is my birth year (yes, you can do the calculations). And ta-da... that's my dis name!

My wifes nickname as a child was NUSSIE.......I dont know why because her name is Gina and I just never got the connection, but her dad called her that till his dying day 2 yrs ago:confused3 .

Anyway...I dont know what that has to do with anything......but WELCOME TO THE BOARDS YA'LL!!!!:banana:

terri01p
05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi to all,

The name my mother saddled me with is Dana. Yes, I am a male, so go ahead and make your jokes now...I've heard them all.

I used to live in Durango, Colorado. So, I was that makes me "The Durango Kid". I've kept that name even though I now live in Celebration, Fl. I guess being The "Cele-Brat" just doesn't have the same ring to it! Being in Celebration however I can get to the Fort and home again on less the a gallon of gas.

No jokes here because I grew up with my brothers best friend who is also male named "Dana " and there is a man at our church named "Dana " so it's not as uncommon as you think.:yay:

BigDaddyRog
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Dana Carvey...Saturday night live's george bush/church lady!!!

ILoveDisney&Cruising
05-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I know men named: Dana, Kelley, Terry and Kim. :goodvibes

But no boys called Sue ;)

durango kid
05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Being a man named Dana is okay, being a young boy named Dana...not so much. I did try to compensate for it though, two times in my life I dated girls named Dana, just for the humor factor.

terri01p
05-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Being a man named Dana is okay, being a young boy named Dana...not so much. I did try to compensate for it though, two times in my life I dated girls named Dana, just for the humor factor.

Hehe how funny :lmao:

kimluvswdw
05-13-2008, 06:35 PM
My name is Kim as you can tell my Dis name.

wldmtnflr
05-14-2008, 05:38 AM
My name stands for wild mountain flower (wldmtnflr). It is a take off of the name of a spotted saddle horse I owned named Mountain Man's Wildflower.

AUDramaQueen
05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey! First post on this forum, but have been lurking here for a while ;)

My nickname was drama queen but that was taken so I added AU since the only thing I love more than Disney is Auburn!

We're a big tent camping family but always go to WDW in the summer so we're usually in a resort. We've decided that we will do the cabins for our next trip (although I understand we may or may not be considered campers :rolleyes: ) Now i just have to get DH to let me know when that next trip will be!!

Mike Whitehead
05-16-2008, 09:44 PM
when I was signing up I messed up and put my full name :scared:

Most of my screen names are Mike & Paula or Mike Paula
My first name and my wifes first name

AuburnJen92
05-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey! First post on this forum, but have been lurking here for a while ;) My nickname was drama queen but that was taken so I added AU since the only thing I love more than Disney is Auburn!

I am with ya 100% sister! War Damn Eagle!

AUDramaQueen
05-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I am with ya 100% sister! War Damn Eagle!

Well WAR EAGLE to you too girl!!

Mystify
05-19-2008, 01:43 PM
My name is Tiffany, most call me Tiff,some call me Tiffy. Mystify is Miss tify.
I have been lurking for years, I occasionally post.

Live4FW
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, mine is pretty self explanatory. Live4FW (Live for Fort Wilderness).

Started a new job a while back and haven't been too active on the boards. This may also be the longest period (recently) since I have been to the Fort. The new job has alot to do with that also.

PanFanAL
05-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Well WAR EAGLE to you too girl!!

And a big ROLL TIDE!!!! to both of you,

I've been here for a month or two, but my Name is Wayne. I picked PanFanAL, because all the pirate names are pretty well used up, but I always said I was like Peter Pan, and would never grow up so I chose that name.

AUDramaQueen
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Only on the Dis will I tolerate such foul language in my presence! ;)

AuburnJen92
05-22-2008, 08:02 PM

I've been here for a month or two, but my Name is Wayne. I picked PanFanAL, because all the pirate names are pretty well used up, but I always said I was like Peter Pan, and would never grow up so I chose that name.

You talk like that in front of children? Well, I say! You should be ashamed of yourself using four letter words like that !:lmao:

PotteryGal
05-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Hello everyone - I'm new to the DISboards, have been lurking for a while. My name is Jenny - as you might guess from my screen name, I like working with clay (cheap form of therapy :laughing: ) Myself, DH, DD(11), and DS(6) will be checking in at Ft Wilderness in a cabin for the first time in two weeks. We're very excited to see all that the Fort has to offer. :wave:

PolynesianPixie
05-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Hello everyone - I'm new to the DISboards, have been lurking for a while. My name is Jenny - as you might guess from my screen name, I like working with clay (cheap form of therapy :laughing: ) Myself, DH, DD(11), and DS(6) will be checking in at Ft Wilderness in a cabin for the first time in two weeks. We're very excited to see all that the Fort has to offer. :wave:

Welcome Jenny! The Dis is a cheap form of therapy too!!! :laughing:

Have a wonderful trip in a couple weeks!

PotteryGal
05-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Welcome Jenny! The Dis is a cheap form of therapy too!!! :laughing:

Have a wonderful trip in a couple weeks!

So true :rotfl: What would I do with myself, if I didn't visit Disney message boards? Oh yeah, clean my house....how incredibly dull. :rolleyes2

And thank you - we are totally excited! :banana:

PolynesianPixie
05-23-2008, 07:33 AM
So true :rotfl: What would I do with myself, if I didn't visit Disney message boards? Oh yeah, clean my house....how incredibly dull. :rolleyes2

And thank you - we are totally excited! :banana:

A clean house is overrated! :laughing:

PanFanAL
05-23-2008, 07:34 AM
You talk like that in front of children? Well, I say! You should be ashamed of yourself using four letter words like that !:lmao:

Somebody had to bring some class to the conversation. :lmao:

Just Kidding! My wife cheers for that Cow College too. At least you both love Disney, I guess you can't be all bad!:thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
If I can get along with Gators, I think an elephant will do just fine! :lmao:

RustManFan
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
My name is Marion. My DIS name refers to my favorite NASCAR driver ever. I have always referred to Rusty Wallace as "The RUST man". And now that he has retired I have been unable to pick a new favorite :(

Some people assume I am male since they don't know the significance of the DIS name but I am not. The mother of 2 (a DD and a DS) both in their 20s.

Hello all fellow DISNEY and NASCAR fans !

And start winning METS !!

I love to travel and go somewhere in Great Britain as often as I can. Actively planning on Wales in 2009.....

PanFanAL
05-23-2008, 02:01 PM
If I can get along with Gators, I think an elephant will do just fine! :lmao:

I'm pretty easy to get along with anyway. Most people say I'm Mister Laidback:cool1:

AuburnJen92
05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
You have to be laid back to survive on this forum!:lmao:

bennythepug
06-02-2008, 08:45 AM
I am a french horn player. In middle school, I had a teacher who called me a hornblower and it kind of stuck. 91 is the year I graduated HS.:rolleyes1

I graduated in '91 also !!! turning the big 35 next week :scared1:

my screen name is not very creative, my dog Benny is a pug :dogdance:
(my real name is Jess)

2goofycampers
07-15-2008, 01:30 PM
bump for newbies

ntsammy5
07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
It's a good idea to bring this to the top - lots of new folks here now. Good one Denise.

jrandtysmom
07-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Well I'm new here so I'll add:

My name is a little self explanatory - Jr is my oldest son and Ty is my youngest and I'm their mom. :lmao: I wanted to have all the characters involved.

Other people call me Soni (pronounces Saun-ee not Sony as in the radio - yes I endured many a years with that joke). I'm an administrative assistant at my church - which doesn't take a whole lotta explaining either. Hmmm, I'm feeling rather boring as I fill this out :upsidedow

K Killabrew
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
My screen name is K Killabrew and my name is Kevin Killabrew. In college I would say "This is who I am and this is what I do" :)

g8trmom1
07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
OOhh, I'll play!!
My name is Chris, and I am Gatordad's wife. We have three kids--five cats!--one dog. I love camping, sewing, and cooking! I think Pete can attest to the fact that I am a great cook! :woohoo:

ntsammy5
07-15-2008, 02:05 PM
My screen name is K Killabrew and my name is Kevin Killabrew. In college I would say "This is who I am and this is what I do" :)

OH! I always figured it had something to do with Harmon Killebrew! Guess I was wrong! :rotfl:

PolynesianPixie
07-15-2008, 02:33 PM
OOhh, I'll play!!
My name is Chris, and I am Gatordad's wife. We have three kids--five cats!--one dog. I love camping, sewing, and cooking! I think Pete can attest to the fact that I am a great cook! :woohoo:

Well that Taco salad thingy you made that i got all over me was really yummy!!!!

g8trmom1
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Well that Taco salad thingy you made that i got all over me was really yummy!!!!

It was, maybe I'll make that for dinner. I don't know if the kids will eat it though.:confused3

specialkidsmom
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
my real name is Beth or as my DH calls me "Lizzie". My screen name I used on other sites as well. I have 2 of the best DS you could ever hope for. Both of them are NICU survivors:woohoo: My oldest was 7 weeks early and is now a very "Normal" boy. and my DS2 was born 12 weeks early and as a result now had CP. BUT he has the funniest personality and keeps us laughing. So I am definately a special kids mom;) But I must add WAR EAGLE to the previous posts.:laughing:

des1954
07-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know if the kids will eat it though.:confused3

Give the kids bread & water...whip them all soundly... and put them to bed. Isn't that what the "Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe" did?? Of course, she never heard of birth control!!!:rotfl:

PolynesianPixie
07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Give the kids bread & water...whip them all soundly... and put them to bed. Isn't that what the "Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe" did?? Of course, she never heard of birth control!!!:rotfl:

Yeah, when you have so many children you don't know what to do, that's about the best you can hope for. I just tell my kids....it's whats for dinner. You want to eat, that's what you get. They usually end up liking it despite their very vocal protests before it hits their mouths.

jrandtysmom
07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, when you have so many children you don't know what to do, that's about the best you can hope for. I just tell my kids....it's whats for dinner. You want to eat, that's what you get. They usually end up liking it despite their very vocal protests before it hits their mouths.

Yea I set down the rules very early with mine and now they'll tell others "Mom is not a short order cook." :lmao: They know that either they eat what I made for dinner or they get nothing. They've learned that trying new things isn't all that bad.

Just Beachy
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm Kelly. I love the beach, hence the name. DH and I have 2 dogs and a cat - they're our "kids". I love WDW and am trying to get back to the Fort. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but it is definitely one of my favorite childhood memories! DH is NOT a Disney-lover (yes, I married outside my Disney faith :lmao: ) so I rarely get to WDW. (Last trip was Nov. 2004)

I love reading these boards. You all are pretty hilarious! I'd love to attend one of your GG's some time. I have no doubt you are a fun bunch!

Gatordad
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
your husband rocks in my humble opinion. if you can get him down here, can he bring me some white castles and poland spring water?

des1954
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
your husband rocks in my humble opinion. if you can get him down here, can he bring me some white castles and poland spring water?

Begging doesn't become you.

lucy_love
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
That's funny you brought this up. (oops just noticed this was made in January!) My name is Ashley but people here tend to call me Lucy because of my user name.

Lucy is my dog :rotfl2:

When I made my name, I never thought I would talk, just lurk so I didn't think about it

anyways, this is Lucy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/dogparkjan06004.jpg

and this is her helping me study
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/n.jpg

djblu883
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
my name is from back when I used to go into a chatroom for motorcyclists ...
d for Daniel (my son)
j for Janet
blu883- my motorcycle now gone....

RNmomnFL
07-15-2008, 06:15 PM
RNmomnFL references my occupation=RN, my status as a mom (to 4 kids) and location=FL. In retrospect I see that I wasn't very creative when initiating my DIS name. There's so much more I could have said. Oh well. :)

AuburnJen92
07-15-2008, 06:44 PM
my real name is Beth or as my DH calls me "Lizzie". My screen name I used on other sites as well. I have 2 of the best DS you could ever hope for. Both of them are NICU survivors:woohoo: My oldest was 7 weeks early and is now a very "Normal" boy. and my DS2 was born 12 weeks early and as a result now had CP. BUT he has the funniest personality and keeps us laughing. So I am definately a special kids mom;) But I must add WAR EAGLE to the previous posts.:laughing:

Watch out Pete! The Auburn Family is growing stronger by the day!:lmao:

Pinkee77
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm not very creative either.....I got the nickname of Pinky from another site it has just sort of stuck. :confused3

BigDaddyRog
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Does anyone remember Pinky Tuscadero?

K Killabrew
07-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Wasn't she Fonzie's friend from Happy Days? AKA Leather Tuscadero

momoffive
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Wasn't she in Lavern and Shirley. Their rival right, part of "The Pink Ladies"? I am probably so off, but that's what came to mind.
Loretta

Gatordad
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
happy days, and her sister was leather.

stky6
07-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Real name is Paul

stky6: I use to play an online WW2 fighter plane game called Air Warrior (a long long time ago). We formed a squadron and the guys in the squadron gave me the callsign "stky6" because once i got on your "6" I stuck there till I shot you down :cool1:

DznyRulz
07-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Pinky Tuscadero, played by Roz Kelley, was Fonzie's girlfriend. Her kid sister was Leather, played by Suzi Quatro. I beleve both characters only appeared on Happy Days.

BigDaddyRog
07-16-2008, 07:54 AM
You guys are good!!!

RNmomnFL
07-16-2008, 08:25 AM
my name is from back when I used to go into a chatroom for motorcyclists ...
d for Daniel (my son)
j for Janet
blu883- my motorcycle now gone....

Me being curious...what happened to your Harley? We have a HD Sportster 1200 that I used to putz around on. DH's HD Road King is history (became a trade-in for a truck which was much more sensible for a family of 5 back then).

Just Beachy
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM

Thanks, I'm kind of fond of him. All except the hating disney part. But I can see from your tags that you and he have that in common! :rotfl: He's totally willing to camp at the Fort. In fact, we were planning to come down in 2009, but the price of diesel is out of control. At this point it's actually cheaper for us to fly and stay in a hotel - go figure. So, you might have a long wait for us to bring white castles and poland spring. We can ship you some if you want...

Gatordad
07-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Pinky Tuscadero, played by Roz Kelley, was Fonzie's girlfriend. Her kid sister was Leather, played by Suzi Quatro. I beleve both characters only appeared on Happy Days.

I believe there was one episode or so when they were on Laverne/Shirley, or it was an episode where Laverne and SHirley were on hD with them....

Gatordad
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks, I'm kind of fond of him. All except the hating disney part. But I can see from your tags that you and he have that in common! :rotfl: He's totally willing to camp at the Fort. In fact, we were planning to come down in 2009, but the price of diesel is out of control. At this point it's actually cheaper for us to fly and stay in a hotel - go figure. So, you might have a long wait for us to bring white castles and poland spring. We can ship you some if you want...

He and I can hang out together and make fun of people, I'm sure he'd be good at it.....

What beach do you guys hang out at? We were in Pt. Pleasant a month ago

Just Beachy
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
He would absolutely enjoy that! He gets lots of practice making fun of me! :lmao: We go to Island Beach State Park since he likes to fish. It's just south of Seaside Park. I grew up going to Point Pleasant though. Jenkinson's was the best!! We don't get there much now unless we go to dinner at Jack Baker's (Lobster Shanty - usually for our anniversary).

Gatordad
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Island beach is nice.... I like walking to the southernmost point and looking at the LBI side, and thinking, it's less than 100 yards, but would take me an hour + to drive there.

Jenkinsons is nice..... it was good to go for the night, and do you believe we didn't have Kohrs while we were there?

Just Beachy
07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
No, you gotta get the permit so you can drive to the point. I've got some pictures of the beach, but I can't remember how to get them into my signature. I told you, DH has lots of material to work with!! :rotfl:

I haven't been to Jenkinson's in a while. We (mostly he) is not really into the crowds so we tend to stay away. If we go, it's usually off-season when the "bennies" are gone. :lmao: No Kohrs at IBSP either!

DznyRulz
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I believe there was one episode or so when they were on Laverne/Shirley, or it was an episode where Laverne and SHirley were on hD with them....

Near as I can tell, Pinky appeared in a 3 episode HD arc in 1976. Leather appeared in 7 episodes, 2 in 1977, 3 in 1978 and 2 in 1979. Pinky and Leather never appeared together. Well, they sort of appeared together on the 30th HD anniversary show though Leather was shown in archive footage and Pinky (Roz) was in person. Lavern and Shirley also appeared on this show as Penny and Cindy.

Gatordad
07-16-2008, 11:31 AM
looking back on the whole show, it was kinda gay..... the whole fonzie t hing, sheriff kirk etc.

2goofycampers
07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I guess the avatar says most of it. We have 1 DS [24]. we enjoy Disney + Camping + Fishing = loving the Fort. We have 1 puppy and 1 grandpuppy, who also enjoy the things we do. We enjoy the Dis, it's great fun.

I guess I need to update. I am now 1goofycamper, we are using 2 user names to avoid confusion, the other half is now Born 2 Fish. And DS is now 25.

DisneyBishops
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey Jen, I see you are a HS softball coach. What school? My daughter has played fast pitch for years. She played HS in Brevard County. Last year she played for Brevard Comm. College. She is now getting ready to go play for Brevard College in NC. I umpire HS softball. I used to coach travel ball when she was playing. Nice to see a fellow softball nut here.

Dan B

g8trmom1
07-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Wasn't she Fonzie's friend from Happy Days? AKA Leather Tuscadero

Leather was her sister
Never mind someone already addressed that.

AuburnJen92
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Jen, I see you are a HS softball coach. What school? My daughter has played fast pitch for years. She played HS in Brevard County. Last year she played for Brevard Comm. College. She is now getting ready to go play for Brevard College in NC. I umpire HS softball. I used to coach travel ball when she was playing. Nice to see a fellow softball nut here.

Dan B

I will pm you. It is a long story...

GOBA Mom Lynn
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Getting back to names.....

My name is Lynn and our "usual" family vacation is GOBA, Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure. Could be you Ohio folks have seen us on the road. 2500-3000 bikes going from town to town. Anyway, we've pedaled thru Ohio for 16 of the last 18 summers. Our kids are 17 and 13, so they don't know any better! DS has even started to bring his girlfriend.

We've done WDW once before kids, then 4 times since, but have never camped at FW. I got hooked on the Dis when we were getting ready for our 2003 trip, then planned our family GG trip in 2004. This next spring we hope to be there (FW) while our kids are on their semi-annual band trip. :banana:

2goofycampers
08-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Bump for the newbies,,,,,, welcome

BRDof3
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Mine came from my oldest daughter, now 10. We were reading a kids book a few years ago about a little hippo who wanted to spend more time with his busy Dad. The book referred to his "big round Dad" and when she heard that, she looked at me rather slyly, then started grinning. And so, my nickname for evermore as born, the Big Round Dad (of 3 kids).

Oh well, could have been a lot worse.

Rob

:upsidedow

VACAMPER
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Welcome!!!!:flower3:

McRed
08-10-2008, 08:01 AM
My Dis name is a combination of my real name...McGee... and my beloved college mascot from Western Kentucky University....Big Red.

Shannone1
08-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Mine came from my oldest daughter, now 10. We were reading a kids book a few years ago about a little hippo who wanted to spend more time with his busy Dad. The book referred to his "big round Dad" and when she heard that, she looked at me rather slyly, then started grinning. And so, my nickname for evermore as born, the Big Round Dad (of 3 kids).

Rob

:rotfl2: Kids !!

Shannone1
08-11-2008, 02:38 PM
my beloved college mascot from Western Kentucky University....Big Red.

He looks like of like that Looney Tunes character, Gossamer ;)

2goofycampers
10-08-2008, 06:19 PM
bump

Shan-man
10-08-2008, 06:27 PM

Rob

I love it! I always wondered what BRDof3 meant! Mine is pretty self-explanatory, my name is Shannon, normally a girl's name, so I added the "man" to clarify. Shan-man.

BRDof3
10-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I love it! I always wondered what BRDof3 meant! Mine is pretty self-explanatory, my name is Shannon, normally a girl's name, so I added the "man" to clarify. Shan-man.

I hunted that book down after I started posting here and the name got so much attention. It's called "How To Be A Happy Hippo." Horace eventually trapped his dad in a tiger trap and they spent the whole day talking about big round hippo things.

I'm sure that book will be around here forever. Unfortunately, so will the name!

2goofycampers
12-25-2008, 08:40 PM
bump

Born 2 Fish
12-26-2008, 05:55 AM
I went with Born 2 Fish for my Dis name, for two reasons.

1. I do love to fish, and even tho I'm not very good at fish'n, I do believe thats why I was put on this good earth.

2. If I used the name my dear wife calls me, they would have washed my mouth out with soap.:rotfl:

disney92
12-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi my Dis name is Disney92.
Disney, because of my love for all things Disney, especially camping at the fort. 92 is the year I got married.
Side note.. we were married on December 5th, Walt's Birthday!!!!

2goofycampers
12-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi my Dis name is Disney92.
Disney, because of my love for all things Disney, especially camping at the fort. 92 is the year I got married.
Side note.. we were married on December 5th, Walt's Birthday!!!!

Welcome Denise, from another Denise.

LuckyinGa
12-26-2008, 12:01 PM
I really enjoyed this thread.

LuckyinGa - Lucky is short for Luchkowec (our last name), DH has used Lucky since he was playing little league. It's also much easier to use Lucky for everything. . . ordering a pizza, calling for reservations, etc.) and we live in Georgia.

disney92
12-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome Denise, from another Denise.

Thank You!!

This place is perfect for me. It has everything I love together, Camping and Disney!!! So happy I found it.:banana:

Stinkerbell1973
01-04-2009, 06:21 PM
My 4YO DD loves Tinkerbell, and we've kinda given her the nickname "Stinkerbell"....1973 is the yr I was born....

Skyw
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
I love stinkerbell. If we had a girl I am sure I would have borrowed that one.

Mine is really SkyWench. A "stick" name from flight school (army). I shortened it...I didn't want to scare anyone away.

Stinkerbell1973
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM

Mine is really SkyWench. A "stick" name from flight school (army). I shortened it...I didn't want to scare anyone away.

I thought it was appropriate, as she is definitely a little stinker! ;)

Yours is great! You should have left it as is. It's something to be proud of, I think!

Born 2 Fish
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM

My 4YO DD loves Tinkerbell, and we've kinda given her the nickname "Stinkerbell"....1973 is the yr I was born....

I think both names are pretty cool :thumbsup2 (fun too)

Sisdy
01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Sisdy comes from combining first name Sissy and D for last name. As Sissy is taken on most boards, I use this combination.

Born 2 Fish
01-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Sisdy comes from combining first name Sissy and D for last name. As Sissy is taken on most boards, I use this combination.

I may have, but off hand I don't recall welcoming you to the camping boards,:confused3 ,,

sooooo,
WELCOME !!!

BRDof3
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Welcome from here, too. I was wondering what the skyw was an abbreviation for.

Just watch out for Frank. One minute you're talking to him, and the next there's a bunch of black dots running all over your house. :rotfl:

2goofycampers
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Welcome to you all, even if I have welcomed you before.

VACAMPER
01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome newbies!:cheer2:

DisneyDramaQueen
01-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Ello new peoples!:upsidedow

keylime359
01-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I realized I never really introduced myself... My real name is Allie and my name comes from one of our stores, Keylime Clothing Co on Sanibel. The 359 was the address. I gave it up after 8 years to be DH's buyer's agent and free up his time a little bit. As some of you know I started off as a cabin girl, but now I am a camper girl :goodvibes

2goofycampers
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
bump for newbies

Tiggntaz
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Tiggntaz

It is a name that I came up with 10 years ago when I meet my wife AKA Tigger. I am also a TAZ fan so TIggntaz. My wife and I.
<----- Thanks for the big BDR!!!!

hopeisb4u
03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi everybody!!

hope is my middle name.

so I thought Hope is b 4 u was fitting.

My first name is christina, but my friends call me christy. The christina always felt a lot more grown up than i ever want to be.

a little funny store about me...

When I was barely 20 I started working for Publix. On my first day I had to go to this office to fill out a whole bunch of paperwork. The room was filled with people that seemed to have worked for Publix forever. So I was a newbie. Across the wall was this huge black and white of this older man. Well being a native floridian there are certain people that you just KNOW. So, I just piped up in front of all these strangers and said " Why is there a picture of Walt Disney here?". Everyone started laughing at me like you wouldn't believe!!!

Someone then explained that it was Publix's founder, George Jenkins...not Walt Disney. I know...I know...Hair...just look at the hair...Well, I know now!

But, i have to be honest. Everytime I see one of them, although I can tell them apart now :rotfl: , I still always think of the other.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/kpie2010/Walt_Disney.jpghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/JimmieJames1223/publix%20pixa/jenkins2.gif

eagles
03-09-2009, 05:58 AM
i am eagles. i have just always had a thing for that bird. i have always just picked up and taken off ever since i was a kid. i just drove 2020 miles to go see them for the winter over at starved rock in illinois (sp).

i have been camping as long as i can remember, but now that age is catching up with me, i am starting a look for a small pull trailer. very small LOL as i have a very small tow vehicle.

i plan to have something by next summer, and will then take off the day my son gets out of school and head west.

Born 2 Fish
03-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Born 2 Fish,,,explains itself. :thumbsup2

BRDof3
03-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Born 2 Fish,,,explains itself. :thumbsup2

Now if we could just explain the rest of him that easily! :lmao:

love ya Frank, you know that! :)

2goofycampers
03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Nice to know you newbies, thanks for telling us your first name it makes it so much more personable. WELCOME.

Tnbob
03-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I am another one who never properly introduced myself, as my dis name implys I am Bob and my DW of 33 yrs is Kathy from Tennessee. I've been in love with everything Disney since I was watching Walt on Sunday nights as a Kid. Our first trip to WDW was in Jan of 1976. When I walked into the Magic Kingdom the first time something seemed like I was there before, it wasn't until I went on COP that I realized I was remembering the Worlds Fair in New York in 1964, we went twice when I was a youngin and it brought back a flood of memories, the COP and It's a Small World were the biggest. Anyway we love camping at the fort and meeting new people, sometimes I get a little wordy but that me I hope that doesn't turn too many people off.

Tigger0624
03-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey y'all! My Dis name was a nick name I got back in high school cause I was a cheerleader and the guys on the football team started calling me Tigger cause I love anything that is Winnie the Pooh and I never could sit still :tigger: It started out as a joke, but it stuck... the 0624 is my anniversary- june 24th to Taz- AKA Tiggntaz...

Funny story- when we first started dating- when my BFF introduced us- she said "Just call her Tigger, thats all she'll respond to anyway" and we were actually engaged before he could remember my real name!!!

My real name btw is Cheryl... but to this day all my friends just call me Tigg or Tigger... even my 2 yo calls me Tigg sometimes :-)

kaguilbeau
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
kaguilbeau - sounds like just a bunch of letters, doesn't it.

Actually, I wasn't thinking when I created it or else I would've used something a little less identifiable. It's first two initials and last name:lmao:

And that is a cajun name - so you only say half of the letters, the others are basically useless!

My DH and family of 4 kids have camped at the fort probably 5 times (going about every 3-5 years), once at POR, once at POFQ and the cabins. And I get the same story from co-workers that most of you get: You always go there! Why don't you go someplace different!

I love to plan and dream about my next vacation. Hence I started hanging out here (again) this summer while planning my Dec 09 trip. (I have no life :rolleyes1 )

Kim

Whipperwhirl
03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
:wave: Whipperwhirl here

I am a semi-retired balloon artist who prefers to keep her real name off the boards so people donít call my house asking for balloons - sounds funny - but Iím not really kidding - people who want something unusual to give to their loved ones will go to great lengths. Since I can make anything out of balloons given enough time and money - anonymity is important.

You can call me Whip for short. My username is one I have on other boards - Back when I was in balloons full time I was considering becoming a clown and Whipperwhirl was going to be my clown name. I never became a clown because I realized you couldnít pay me enough to dress like an idiot and entertain mostly unappreciative children.

I moved on from full time balloons about 5 years ago but I have been known to take them out at parties to entertain people - so unless I get accused of trying to kill people with latex allergies (again) Ė you will most likely see me make them from time to time at the fort.

fldisneyfamily
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi all!!

Fldisneyfamily here...why...because we live in Florida and love Disney!! I am Bruce and I have a DW and DD 10 & DD8. We go to Disney as much as we can and when we can't we go to the local Disney Store for our fix. We always stay at the Fort....when we can get reservations. I'm a Evil Knievel with a siren and hope to retire in 7 years healthy and happy.:thumbsup2

2goofycampers
03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi all!!

Fldisneyfamily here...why...because we live in Florida and love Disney!! I am Bruce and I have a DW and DD 10 & DD8. We go to Disney as much as we can and when we can't we go to the local Disney Store for our fix. We always stay at the Fort....when we can get reservations. I'm a Evil Knievel with a siren and hope to retire in 7 years healthy and happy.:thumbsup2

Motorcycle cop ?

Welcome to you all.

BRDof3
03-10-2009, 06:46 AM
I am another one who never properly introduced myself, as my dis name implys I am Bob and my DW of 33 yrs is Kathy from Tennessee. I've been in love with everything Disney since I was watching Walt on Sunday nights as a Kid. Our first trip to WDW was in Jan of 1976. When I walked into the Magic Kingdom the first time something seemed like I was there before, it wasn't until I went on COP that I realized I was remembering the Worlds Fair in New York in 1964, we went twice when I was a youngin and it brought back a flood of memories, the COP and It's a Small World were the biggest. Anyway we love camping at the fort and meeting new people, sometimes I get a little wordy but that me I hope that doesn't turn too many people off.

Nah, no chatty-talkie types around here! :lmao:

fldisneyfamily
03-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Motorcycle cop ?

Welcome to you all.

Yes, it's great to be paid to ride a Harley 10hrs a day!!!!!!!:goodvibes

2goofycampers
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes, it's great to be paid to ride a Harley 10hrs a day!!!!!!!:goodvibes

ZOOM ZOOM

Thanks for doing a job not everyone can do.

Just Beachy
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Welcome, Bruce! Now, we'll all pm you our vehicles and the dates we'll be travelling to/from the Fort so you'll know it's just us and you don't have to bother to follow us. Unless, of course, you just want to pull us over to say "hi". :lmao:

fldisneyfamily
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Welcome, Bruce! Now, we'll all pm you our vehicles and the dates we'll be travelling to/from the Fort so you'll know it's just us and you don't have to bother to follow us. Unless, of course, you just want to pull us over to say "hi". :lmao:

Roger that!!! You just have to come via a SW Florida route.:cool2:

Cosmo1026
03-16-2009, 11:47 AM
HeY Guys, My name is Marcos...or you can call me Cosmo
I'm married with no kids, me and my wife live in Holiday, Florida (West Coast) and like many of you are huge Disney fans, we never stayed at any Disney resorts until now, our first stay at FW resort will be March 29th 2009- April 1st, It will be a short stay as I need to be back work, unfortchantly I don't have many Vacation hours in order to stay longer because I had a bizzare blood clot on my brain at the begining of this year and had to have brain surgery, so I had to be out of work for two weeks, used all my Vacation pay to make up for the two weeks I was out, but I'm sure we are going to love it so much that we will make this a yearly thing:yay: .
We are staying in a cabin...although I wouldn't mind camping in a tent, my wife on the other hand is a inside girl, so you know how that goes.
Well I hope to meet new people on here and on our trip, we are so excited!!!!

VACAMPER
03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome cosmo. your gonna love the fort!

Born 2 Fish
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Dude, sorry bout the head problems,,certainly hope everything is okay now.
I do believe ya'll will love the Fort. (not as much as I)But ya'll will love it.
I believe I already told you, but I'll remind you,,you may want to bring a fishing pole in case you get the call of the wild when you are there and find the need to drown some worms.:thumbsup2

ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT !! :woohoo: Have FUN !!!

Born 2 Fish
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I love to plan and dream about my next vacation. Hence I started hanging out here (again) this summer while planning my Dec 09 trip. (I have no life :rolleyes1 )

Kim

No life ? :confused3 ? You mean theres something else besides this ?????

2goofycampers
04-13-2009, 06:57 AM
bumparoo

DaveInTN
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Mine is pretty self explanatory and demonstrates my complete lack of imagination. If anyone needs help figuring it out just PM me! :lmao:

VACAMPER
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Mine is pretty self explanatory and demonstrates my complete lack of imagination. If anyone needs help figuring it out just PM me! :lmao:

remind me where your from again?:laughing:

Goofyseven
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi, my real name is Paul. I chose Goofy as part of the Dis name because he is always a happy camper. Seven came next because I have seven grandchildres

des1954
04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi, my real name is Paul. I chose Goofy as part of the Dis name because he is always a happy camper. Seven came next because I have seven grandchildres

:welcome:Paul!!

I hope you can take a lot of razzin' & ribbin', cause that's what you'll get on this board. Of course,,,,you're also welcome to dish some out. It's what we do!!:thumbsup2

BradyBz12
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Mine comes from my dogs - 2 rescue border collies named Brady and Blizzard - aka Bz. paw:

Real life name in my siggy... :flower3:

Tiggntaz
04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
:welcome:Paul!!

I hope you can take a lot of razzin' & ribbin', cause that's what you'll get on this board. Of course,,,,you're also welcome to dish some out. It's what we do!!:thumbsup2

Dont tell them that it is ok to give it back to us. My skin is to thin for that. I can only dish it out. :scared:

Goofyseven
04-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Let it rip, what better way to get to really know someone. I am so jealous of you being sooo close to the Fort. Started going there when it was just the MK.

Just Beachy
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Why did I think you were Charlie from Philadelphia? :confused3

des1954
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I am so jealous of you being sooo close to the Fort. Started going there when it was just the MK.

It was a retirement planning sort of thing. We moved from Sarasota/Bradenton because that was too far at 1.5 hours! (LOL) Our first visit to FtW was for our honeymoon in Oct '74. We've been addicted ever since.

Just to let you know, when I first joined the board I made a post about seeing otters at FtW. That was Aug. 07. I never saw otters at FtW before and got very excited about it. That thread went waaaaaay south in a short time!!! Now, we have threads about otters and peacocks fighting over the beer. Watch out when you're at FtW, because I have a platoon of highly trained otters that go on beer raids.

Here's one caught in the act of trying to steal Gatordad's drink last 4th of July...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/des1954/DSC00166.jpg

Here's the chief beer thieving otter...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/des1954/bud-light-otter.jpg

ntsammy5
04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
The otters will be running the beer concession at the pool shortly.

des1954
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM
The otters will be running the beer concession at the pool shortly.

This guy was on the College Program working the pool concession yesterday...

http://www.gerosarecords.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/bdfc336c483468371ad9366c3a03b109.jpg

ScrapperBelle
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the camping section (DH and I recently purchased a 5th wheel), but not to the dis.

I use ScrapperBelle because I love scrapbooking and Belle is my favorite princess.

I'm married and live in Louisiana. DH and I have one son (almost 16:scared1:) and I have 1 stepdaughter. My stepson passed away in Dec. 07. He was 18 and had lived with us for the last few years, so he was just like my own.

I am looking forward to getting know you all. Everyone here seems really friendly and helpful. :goodvibes

We are planning a few short trips over the summer to get acquainted with our camper. Maybe we'll get to FW later this year. Hopefully, we'll see some of you there!:thumbsup2

Just Beachy
04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome, Scrapperbelle!! Nice to have you join us! :goodvibes

VACAMPER
04-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the camping section (DH and I recently purchased a 5th wheel), but not to the dis.

I use ScrapperBelle because I love scrapbooking and Belle is my favorite princess.

I'm married and live in Louisiana. DH and I have one son (almost 16:scared1:) and I have 1 stepdaughter. My stepson passed away in Dec. 07. He was 18 and had lived with us for the last few years, so he was just like my own.

I am looking forward to getting know you all. Everyone here seems really friendly and helpful. :goodvibes

We are planning a few short trips over the summer to get acquainted with our camper. Maybe we'll get to FW later this year. Hopefully, we'll see some of you there!:thumbsup2

:woohoo:another scrapbooker!

2goofycampers
04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome SB!

ScrapperBelle
04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Wow. Thanks for the welcome!:goodvibes It's always a pleasure to meet other scrapbookers as well.

You all may be sorry you welcomed me since we're new to camping. I'll probably drive you all crazy with stupid questions!:upsidedow

des1954
04-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Wow. Thanks for the welcome!:goodvibes It's always a pleasure to meet other scrapbookers as well.

You all may be sorry you welcomed me since we're new to camping. I'll probably drive you all crazy with stupid questions!:upsidedow

Bring on the stupid questions!!! Gatordad will be happy to answer any and all questions you might have! :goodvibes

You won't care for his answers or his "tone", but he will still answer them. :rotfl2:

2goofycampers
04-25-2009, 12:39 PM
bump

CampingBandit
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm Ann....:)
I chose CampingBandit because I love to camp and my dog's name is Bandit.

I belong to RV.net forum, over there I'm DavesWife, but someone here already had it - it said "unvailable". I am also a moderator on TroubleFreePool.Com, FrustratedPoolMom, but I didn't think it was a good fit for this forum!

2goofycampers
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
bump for newbies,,,,,WELCOME !!!

colston
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Well, Colson39 is the most boring name you could ever have.

I got sick of Colson39 so I use this now - too many people had me on ignore anyhow.

wahmtexas
06-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I have been earning a healthy income in a unhealthy economy and helping others do the same in Texas for the past 5 years hence my username: Work At Home Mom(WAHM) Texas. It has allowed me to raise my 2 children ages 5 and 3. I love the flexibility and the Disney funds. We never would have been able to do Disney like we did for 10 days in Nov. on my former income as a public school teacher.

ftwildernessguy
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
From now on, I wish to be called "The Mouse Whisperer."

DisneySoccerScouts
06-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi, I am Kathy and I explain my DIS name in my location - it explains all we do in our family
We all love Disney, we are all scouts/ scouters, and we all play/ referee/ coach soccer.
While I don't post much because I don't usually feel I have anything to post, I love reading everything on the camping boards.

ftwildernessguy
06-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi, I am Kathy and I explain my DIS name in my location - it explains all we do in our family
We all love Disney, we are all scouts/ scouters, and we all play/ referee/ coach soccer.
While I don't post much because I don't usually feel I have anything to post, I love reading everything on the camping boards.

In case you hadn't noticed, most of us really don't have anything to post, but it doesn't stop us.

ntsammy5
06-27-2009, 07:36 AM
What do you mean nothing to post ---- beer, wine, kungaloosh, Captain Morgan, Jack, Crown Royal, etc, etc, etc........ otters, snakes, bugs, Wonder Beagles, golf carts, RVs, campers, KiWis, 5ers, best loops, pool renovations - the list goes on and on - come on Jim, get a grip!

mouseketeer_mom
06-27-2009, 08:06 AM
This thread is great! My name is Natalie and hubby is Sean. We have there kids, a son 9 and boy/girl twins that will turn 7 on the 4th of July.

My Dis name cames having seen reruns of the original Mickey Mouse club back in the mid 70's and thinking that being a Mouseketeer would be the end all and be all of happiness.

I tend spend months and months on the boards when planning a trip but not so much when we are not headed to Disney. However, with this new (wasn't here in 06/ early 07:confused3 )camping community board, I just may stick around after this trip.

VACAMPER
06-28-2009, 01:47 PM
This thread is great! My name is Natalie and hubby is Sean. We have there kids, a son 9 and boy/girl twins that will turn 7 on the 4th of July.

My Dis name cames having seen reruns of the original Mickey Mouse club back in the mid 70's and thinking that being a Mouseketeer would be the end all and be all of happiness.

I tend spend months and months on the boards when planning a trip but not so much when we are not headed to Disney. However, with this new (wasn't here in 06/ early 07:confused3 )camping community board, I just may stick around after this trip.

welcome to the camping boards, stick around..the otters should report in soon

AuburnJen92
06-28-2009, 03:42 PM

apparently there was "too much clowning around for some members on the regular camping boards", so Scott so graciously gave us a place to play...stick around, it is fun...

VACAMPER
06-28-2009, 04:39 PM
personally i liked it better when we clowned around on the regular board, i think the community board killed the fun.:cool2:

2goofycampers
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
bump

Born 2 Fish
08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
bump

DANG ! Didja feel that one !! What a BUMP !!

I was born to fish,,so goes the name.

auntie
09-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Seriously.....:confused3

Sorry, but if that's really the case...you need a new name. :rolleyes1

Just Beachy
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
:eek::rotfl2:

2goofycampers
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
bump

and for newcomers, if you would like, having your first name in your signature makes it easier for everyone to be a bit more personal. Also I found out the other day someone I thought was a she was a he. :rotfl2:

BRDof3
03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
bump

and for newcomers, if you would like, having your first name in your signature makes it easier for everyone to be a bit more personal. Also I found out the other day someone I thought was a she was a he. :rotfl2:

Hi Dennis! :lmao:

jriae2000
03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Jim Rebekah Ian Aden Evan Married in 2000. JRIAE2000:) Not too much extra energy to come up with that one.

BRDof3
03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Jim Rebekah Ian Aden Evan Married in 2000. JRIAE2000:) Not too much extra energy to come up with that one.

We'll just stick with Raphael. After a while with this bunch you won't even remember your real name any more. :hippie:

wak648
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
wak648 is a combination of my initials William A Koss and my medical command numbers for my firefighter/paramedic job.

jriae2000
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
:)We'll just stick with Raphael. After a while with this bunch you won't even remember your real name any more. :hippie:

Lets go to PEACH. As in James and the giant peach. Thats what they call me at work.:)

Lil' Lisa
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Lil' Lisa because my name is Lisa and I'm a puny little thing. :)

WhitShores
03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
WhitShores - Whitney Shores (That's me!) :thumbsup2

des1954
03-02-2010, 04:59 AM
We'll just stick with Raphael. After a while with this bunch you won't even remember your real name any more. :hippie:
Whenever Fiends introduce themselves at FtW, it's always with their user name first - real name second. I introduce myself as "The Otter-Spotter"!

freshlybarked
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
FreshlyBarked -

No great originality here. Our company started out doing organic dog treats and we were Freshly Barked. We have since expanded and have other products under Performance Dog Products. That was just too long for a change here. Since we take the dogs with us whenever we camp we just left it FreshlyBarked. It's traveling for the business that allowed us to buy the RV so we can spend our free time enjoying ourselves at FW. We have discovered that we feel at home at FW and have met great people. Thanks to everyone.

MandMLUVMMandDVC
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Ours means "Marty & Melissa LUV Mickey Mouse and Disney Vacation Club". Yes, it's too darn long, but if we want to shorten it the DIS moderators said we had to start all over with posts, etc. Oh...we are Marty & Melissa

ntsammy5
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi. I'm an otter lover and a pervert!

ntsammy5
03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
. I introduce myself as "The Otter-Spotter"!

I have other, more descriptive names for you.

Chuck-N-June
03-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Our user names pretty much says it all...:cool1:

itch1
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM
ITCH
My real name is Richard and in my punk rock phase of the 70's/80's a girl nicknamed me ITCH instead of Rich.
the 1 is becasue I could not remember my original log on here so I just made a new account!

Minnie&Mickey
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I was MicknMin on AOL, but when I decided to created a logon for the Dis, that name was already taken. I tried Mickey & Minnie and it was taken too, so I was so surprised when Minnie & Mickey worked!

Memph1s
03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Surprise Surprise born and raised in Memphis but moved to Florida in 84,
Memph1s was also my old AOL name

YorkshireDisneyFan
03-03-2010, 04:30 AM
I have been a lurker on the boards for years, only just recently set up an account to start posting.

The only creative thing I could come up with was "Yorkshiredisneyfan"

Yorkshire - because thatís were I live
Disney -?
Fan - because thatís what I am

Iím married and we have 2 kids DD13, DS9

I am a serving Soldier with the British Army.

This will be our 5th Family trip to WDW and my DW 6th to WDW and 8th to a Disney Park.

We love our family vacations to WDW and we cannot wait for our May holiday to the World.

KimIce
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Kim is my 1st name and Ice is part of my last name which is Iasimone.

2goofycampers
06-24-2010, 07:03 AM
bump

Total Joker
06-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Total Joker is what i am. Most say smart...uh...behind! ...lol

Chris is the real and Missy is the better half.
Married 15 years on Oct. 1st "great day in history" so I would never forget our anniversary.:thumbsup2

Robert6401
06-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Never noticed this thread before.

Robert - my name

64 - I fly AH-64 helicopters for the Army

01 - when I graduated from The Citadel

I use this screenname for everything (very active in other forums as well) and it is also my email address. Using the same one keeps it simple because some of the forums I am on have the same people so they know I am the same person.

ntsammy5
06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
64 - I fly AH-64 helicopters for the Army

Apaches! Good for you. Where if I may ask. What unit?

mnsprk
06-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Goes back to my old CB handle "Main Spark" and the early computer days of 4-6 characters for a login, hence "mnsprk". Started with that, then planned on changing to GrumpyandGrandma, but as others have said couldn't. So that's why you see both in my avitar.

Eeyore'sthebest
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Mine required less thought. I asked DD who her favorite character was and she picked Eeyore. She actually said "Eeyore is the best." So I went with it. :confused3

SimbaKY
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I had a cat named Simba (before Lion King - became my fav movie!) and I now live in Kentucky

polkadotsuitcase
06-24-2010, 11:45 AM
What a fun thread! It's always so interesting to hear what people choose to identify themselves with -- I've always wondered how people pick what to put on vanity plates. I guess I'm too schizo to pick just one thing, LOL!

kampfirekim
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Total Joker is what i am. Most say smart...uh...behind! ...lol

Chris is the real and Missy is the better half.
Married 15 years on Oct. 1st "great day in history" so I would never forget our anniversary.:thumbsup2

I too am a bonafide "smart behind". :laughing:

DH tagged me with the nickname "Campfire Kim" several years ago while I was cooking "camping" breakfast in a lovely pair of retro camping food themed PJ's. I think we were even camping at the Fort. When I joined the DisBoards and needed a username....the choice was obvious. I changed the spelling just to be silly. :banana: (DS likes taking credit for my username.)

My actual name should be a no brainer. If there are any of you out there with no brains...my name is Kim. :lmao:

DH and I will also celebrate our 15th anniversary this year...on July 8. :love: (I used to tell people it was July 9, but that was our first night at WL. LOL! My bad! I now have no rights to complain when DH forgets our anniversary!) :laughing:

Robert6401
06-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Apaches! Good for you. Where if I may ask. What unit?

I'm out of McEntire JNGB near Columbia, SC.

ntsammy5
06-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm out of McEntire JNGB near Columbia, SC.

Ah! National Guard! I did that for a while. Then I retired! :lmao:

stefa70
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
My name is Stephanie, but I always use Stef, A is for my middle name, and 1970 was the year I was born. Easy enough!

john59
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
:)

How did it start ??? My wife worked for DIS and found out about the Board(s). I was never very inventive so I picked something I could remember. Thus, john59 = john is my Christian (can I say that) name and 59 is how old I was at my first sign on to WDWINFO. That was in 1999.

Since 1976 we were Disney Pin Collectors. This all started at the Emporium on Main Street. I bought this great corduroy cap that said Disney World. My wife said why don't you put a couple of those pins on the cap. For 29 cents apiece, I'll put some Mouse, Pluto. Donald, etc pins on the cap. We were collecting DIS pins from 1976 through (a guess) 2003.

We got involved on the DIS Collectors Board. My DW was a big time trader. Me, just a collector of DIS Pins with the criteria of 'that looks really neat'. Our (really DW) collection hovered between 6000 to 8000 Disney Pins over the years. We got out due to cost. From 29 cents, close to roughly 20 bucks for a pin was a quantum leap. I can't remember the last time we posted on the Collectors Board. Now we are RVers' and on the Camping Boards.

My AVATAR on the collectors board was called 'The Hat'---It was a huge cowboy hat with 260 DIS character pins on it. The board took a hit and my AVATAR 'The Hat' went to computer heaven (can I say Heaven). I wish there was a way to retrieve it. It was really neat ! ! !
john (aka john59)

Born 2 Fish
06-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Well lets see,
since I really enjoy thrill rides and we only have one son and I love to fly on planes,,, I decided on the name Born 2 Fish.

Magicbus
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Well lets see,
since I really enjoy thrill rides and we only have one son and I love to fly on planes,,, I decided on the name Born 2 Fish.

That's exactly what I thought.

Magic comes from part of the name, not going to tell you what it is, of my favorite work location and I think you can figure out the bus part. No, it's not after the song by "The Who".

stefa70
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Well lets see,

And here I thought your parents may have been groupers!?!:lmao:

YodaGirl
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Hmm...have I posted on this thread? I dunno!

Here goes.

My name is YodaGirl. It's the name I use everywhere. I'll go to YodaGirl81 if YodaGirl is taken. First use was on starwars.com forums, hence the Star Wars-themed name. Yoda happens to be my fave. :goodvibes

Oh, yeah.

I think the "Girl" part is self-explanatory. ;)

Most people call me Steph or Stephanie.

I answer to anything.

My favorite nickname was given to me by an Indiana State Trooper after I informed her that, no, I could not in fact changer her Timex watch battery because Timex requires them to be sent back to the company for repair.

She informed me that I had the personality of a barracuda.

Hmm..."Barracuda"

That'd be a good screen name, don't ya think? :cutie:

john59
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Now I get it ! !

I have to change my handle. I luv thrill rides and flying on aeroplanes, but Frank beat me to it.

Can I use BORNE TWO FISH or I can change two. Like to or too or tooooo.

This might work bOrN dos fIsH. There could be a patent infringement with Frank. I will stay john59.

john

Born 2 Fish
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
:lmao::lmao:
John, you crack me ! :lmao:

2goofycampers
06-24-2010, 08:29 PM
:lmao::lmao:
John, you crack me ! :lmao:

Up

We finish each others sentences. LOL

kampfirekim
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Up

Whew! What a relief! I was starting to worry that Frank was gonna get cracked! :laughing:

wak648
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Up

Remember, Frank is missing a colon. Maybe this is John starting a colon transplant to help Frank.

Born 2 Fish
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh CRAP,,is my colon still missing :lmao:

ntsammy5
06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
If there is crap the colon is still there

john59
06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
:3dglasses

My DW said 'I am a giving person'----I would not hesitate to give Frank one of my colons, if he needs one, or even two.

I have a colony of colons being colonized somewhere in our garage. Or are they down in the 5r' ??

OH Crap ! ! I hate getting old. Now I lost my crappy colony of colons. GOSH DANGIT.

john

mgsmom
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
My name is pretty boring - it is simply my DD's initials and of course, I am her mom. I pretty much picked it because it would be easy to remember.

And now, we return to your regularly scheduled colon programming...

gmflanigan
06-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm even more boring--we are Gary and Marilyn Flanigan. Unfortunately, I'm not at all creative. We are from central Illinois, love the Fort, blah, blah, blah. Love the DIS as well. DH just came in from mowing and said I really need to change my name on the board.

Barney Fife
06-26-2010, 01:52 PM
This is my second identity here. I assumed it a couple of months ago for privacy reasons.

By the way, we have all 8 seasons of The Andy Griffith Show on DVD and my two sons watch it virtually every day. Today's TV is absolute trash.

Magicbus
06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
This is my second identity here. I assumed it a couple of months ago for privacy reasons.

By the way, we have all 8 seasons of The Andy Griffith Show on DVD and my two sons watch it virtually every day. Today's TV is absolute trash.

One of the all time best shows. I was able to watch it the first time around as a kid. Loved it then, love it now. And yup, because today's network TV is mostly junk, I don't watch it.

dissybroad
06-26-2010, 02:58 PM
"dis" pronounced as in Disney. Not ashamed to say I'm a dizzy broad. I've been here too long to change it, but if I did it would be to HDNMCKY which is my Maryland auto license plate. See also avi photo of actual hidden mickey in California.

I love reading people's stories. I'm an RN so I often respond to threads about medical issues. I usually travel with four generations so I watch for info about WDW with the elderly and young kids.

2goofycampers
11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
bump for newbies

SCtigercock
11-20-2010, 09:49 AM
SC - Hatched and raised in SC, currently live in the low state near Charleston/Chucktown.

Tiger - I am a Clemson fan (Gina)

**** - Hubby is a Gamecock fan (Tony)

Hubby and I enjoy NASCAR races and spending time with our two dobes. We bought the RV for tailgaiting and to travel with the pups.

Our first trip to the Fort together was July of this year. Had a blast and hope to get back sometime soon with the youngest pup (3 years). The oldest pup (almost 11 years) can't travel long distances.

I have loved the Fort all my life and hope to find time to enjoy it more often. Hubby's first trip, but he is Fortified now.

The trip in July of this year really showed us to slow down and enjoy life. Even though we were busy all week with my BF and her family and it was hot as ...., we HAD a blast. We both came back SO relaxed. Work suck but it is an evil to pay the bills and see the mouse. Just need to work on scheduling.

Bearikens
11-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Our screen name is kinda long and complicated, so I will simply say it was a name personally hysterical to us that I invented while my DW and I were talking online (involves cranberries and Heineken and evolved into Bear-i-kens) before we met in person at the Fort back in 1997. "Bearikens" are simply people who enjoy letting their inner child out to play, being silly, goofy, cute, and dance with their significant other wherever and whenever the mood strikes (grocery stores, Walmart, etc). :)

My name is Daniel and my wife's name is Annette. It's nice to be formally introduced to everyone and to introduce ourselves.

Born 2 Fish
11-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Born 2 Fish,,,
because I really like beer and cookies.

not necessarily at the same time.

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
11-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Cinderella is one of my favorite Disney movies and I like magic and silly things....so Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo was perfect.

My name is Karla and my husband is Paul. We retired a year ago and live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina. Our daughter and son-in-law have given us a wonderful 3 year old grandson (another is on the way). Our deal with him is that as soon as he reaches 44" he can come to Disney with us...maybe next year? We have APs so we try to visit the Fort 2-3 times a year.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo/s46093cb128034_26_0.jpg
Our Grandson

Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Whipperwhirl
11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
I have no idea - It just kinda stuck with me and I use it with all kind of forums from Duck Tape to the Dr Who Tardis. Aren't you glad you asked?

tinkerbellandeyor
11-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi I am Brittany
My Sn is the family joke everyone calls me tinkerbell and Mike eyor

polkadotsuitcase
11-22-2010, 05:45 AM
When I was in third grade, I had a wonderful teacher who wanted to encourage my interest in writing. She set aside a special table and stuffed it with writing prompts. If I finished my work early, I could go sit there and work on my stories.

I had a blue-with-white-polka-dots toy suitcase that was supposed to hold Barbie stuff. I dumped Barbie and all her clothes in the closet and stuffed that suitcase with my stories. I'd carry it to school every day. I can only imagine what I looked like! :rotfl:

This explains two things: Why I became a writer and why I have no fashion sense.

Anyhoo. That's the story behind the polkadotsuitcase.

caveat lector
11-22-2010, 11:19 AM
My SN.....well.....I want folks to know that what I'm writing may not be even remotely close to accurate. :) I try to use copius amounts of words like probably, assume, could be, and think.

stefa70
11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
When I was in third grade, I had a wonderful teacher who wanted to encourage my interest in writing. She set aside a special table and stuffed it with writing prompts. If I finished my work early, I could go sit there and work on my stories.

I had a blue-with-white-polka-dots toy suitcase that was supposed to hold Barbie stuff. I dumped Barbie and all her clothes in the closet and stuffed that suitcase with my stories. I'd carry it to school every day. I can only imagine what I looked like! :rotfl:

This explains two things: Why I became a writer and why I have no fashion sense.

Anyhoo. That's the story behind the polkadotsuitcase.

Awww, that's a great story!!!:thumbsup2

polkadotsuitcase
11-23-2010, 03:15 AM
Awww, that's a great story!!!:thumbsup2

:goodvibes She was a great teacher!

bord1niowa
11-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I live in Iowa and the name says it all. We watch the corn grow here for fun.:rotfl:

Ro Z
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
My name is Rosemary, DH calls me Rosie!

dfchelbay
11-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Dfchelbay:

DF - My first and last name initials
chel - short for Chelsea, my beloved chihuahua
bay - short for Baylie my other beloved chihuahua

Run them all together and you get Dfchelbay

alizesmom
11-28-2010, 07:34 AM
alizesmom is fairly straightforward. Alize was our adopted son. I started using the name when he came to live with us and I joined support groups for all his medical needs. He died in 2009 but I will always remain alizesmom. Karen

2goofycampers
11-28-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. What a great person to adopt a special child.

2goofycampers
12-28-2010, 11:29 AM
bump

growinupdisney
12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
My name is Wendy and my dis name is growinup disney because I have been going to WDW every year since I was 7 so I feel that i have definetely been "growinupdisney"

Magicbus
12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm a professional magician and travel all over the US and Canada with my lovely wife and assistant performing my amazing magic acts out of my 1949 antique Greyhound bus that I've painted to look like the Partridge family's bus. Instead of pulling a rabbit out of my hat I use Buddy, the wanna be wonder dog.