PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld or Universal Studio

biggroofy
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
We will stay in SSR and would like to spend a day in either SeaWorld or Universal Studio - due to seniors (grandparents) and little ones (DD4 and infant) in our party, we can't spend much time - maybe 10:30 - 20:00 (including travel time).
Which one shall we go for goodness of our DD4?

P.S. Shall we drive there or take a town car? Which one is closer to WDW?

kokomos
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
My vote is Sea World. We took my DD when she was 4 and it is still her favorite place in the world 10 years later. Its also pretty relaxing to be able to sit down and enjoy shows for 20 minutes at a time.
I think I would rent a car. There are plenty of signs to get you in the right directions. Im not sure which one is closer, I think its about 15 minutes to either.

HeatherC
01-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Definitely SeaWorld. Universal is great fun. But since you don't have much time and the ages of your group here's why:

1. Universal is even a FAR walk from the parking lot to the entrance. They do have moveable sidewalks, but to me the whole park is very sprawling.

2. There are a lot of thrill rides there that I'm not sure your daughter or grandparents would even be able to go on.

3. SeaWorld has a great climbing area for kids if your dd wants to run and everyone else can relax.

4. There are tons of great shows with live animals. We like the Pet Once and the Sea Lion One. We also love the one that has all the acrobats.

5. Not as much walking, nice shaded areas, lots to see and will appeal to most ages.

Hope this helps! Have an awesome time!

HeatherC

QT Pooh
01-17-2008, 08:01 AM
I definitely agree with Sea World for both the grandparents AND the little one. Sea World is a much more relaxed pace with less emphasis on rides (although the Kraken is great!) and more on interaction. Many of the rides at Universal Studios are fairly intense and really not suited for a 4 year old. At Sea World the 4 year old can actually pet a dolphin, touch a sting ray and touch other sea creatures in some of the exhibits. The shows are great there too. Like others have said, there's also a nice play area there.

Whatever you decide, I hope you all enjoy!!

biggroofy
01-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you for the replies :) We have decided to visit Sea World for a day!

Darcy03231
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Another vote for Seaworld. We were there this summer and DN (3.5) loved Seaworld. There's a small area with kiddie rides which she really liked.