PDA

View Full Version : the melting pot any good???

dis2cruise
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
sorry tried to do a search but for some reason it won't work for me???

anyway the melting pot...from what I can see the prices are up there
but how is the food quality??? Has anyone done the cheese fondue/salad and then of course the chocolate fondue for dessert??? would we be waddling out of the restruant when done???:rotfl2:

cirquelovers
01-16-2008, 12:10 PM
We have never been disappointed with the Melting Pot. I have not tried one at WDW but we have gone in many cities and they are always fantastic! It is not a short dining experience, if you are looking to run in and run out. The food is fantastic and the cuts of meat are superb!
They have many kinds of cheese fondue and we have had them make one just for us also. My husband loves the salad with the fresh strawberries.

They have many different meal plans. Be sure to sign up on their website. They send us coupons for free chocolate fondue! They have so many different varieties, it will be hard for you choose!!
Have a great meal! I know we always do!

bunnyscootles
01-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I've been twice in two different cities, both times was excellent. The chocolate fondue at the end was to-die-for!
It's an evening's worth of dinning for sure, we were in there 3+ hours. You will be SOO stuffed when your done!

jeff968
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
We went there last year. It was a lot of fun for the entire family. It took a while and was pricey but the food was good and it was definately an event. We'l go back again.

inkkognito
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
We are locals and go to the Melting Pot waaaaaay too frequently. It is phenomenal! If you like good drinks, try their Yin and Yang...it is to die for.

ChristineluvsDisney
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
We LOOOVEEE the Melting Pot we have one here in Tampa Bay 5 minutes from us.. Its the best place to go. Just need a few hours to eat it all! :rotfl:

dis2cruise
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh boy am I in trouble:rotfl2: this place sounds too good
the salad with strawberries sounds like to die for:worship:
Yes i will definitly try the yin and yang sound like trouble for me though:rolleyes1

thanks again!!

grammynelliebelle
01-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Where is the Melting Pot is WDW vacinity?TIA Grammy

2Monkeys
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
We went to the Melting Pot on our anniversary last year, and LOVED it!!! As other posters have mentioned, it is an experience, but a fantastic one! My favorites were the cheese with Granny Smith apples, and the chocolate with strawberries! For a four course dinner (cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue, and chocolate fondue) for 2 of us with tip it was a little over $100. In my opinion, well worth it!

Bearvet
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
We went to The Melting Pot in Naples, FL last Feb. DS12 and I loved it - DH didn't like it at all! He felt that for all that money he had to cook his own dinner and left still hungry. This is just to give you a different perspective on the fondue experience! We're going to try the "meat fest" at Texas de Brazil this year - DH should be much more satisfied! DH also doesn't care for chocolate, so even the dessert didn't impress him!!

DS12 and I enjoyed everything and would go back again. I've read that some Melting Pots will take the coupon amount off of their Big Dinner, but this one didn't. I wouldn't bring young children - it takes a long time and the burner, oil, etc. are very hot and they could easily get burned.

TLSnell1981
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
We had my son and his bride's rehearsal dinner at the Melting Pot last year. It was a big hit! Just be prepared for a leisurely dinner. The food was awesome and so was the service.

ekball
01-16-2008, 07:19 PM
One word....

YUM :thumbsup2

Choose the peanut butter chocolate dessert fondue....to DIE for!!! (notice...there's a trend here :-)

JoyMouse
01-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I have never had a bad meal at the Melting Pot. My husband and I usually do the anniversary special. You get flowers and a picture. I LOVE the chocolate fondue!!!:lovestruc

lindakmonty
01-17-2008, 12:36 PM
omg the melting pot is fantastic!!! it is my ds6's favorite place ever. He goes on and on about it:laughing: ok, so do I! It is fantastic, and even better, go on their website and sign up for the fondue club to get a coupon for FREE dessert! we did the big meal too...cheese fondue, salad, huge entree list, then dessert...it was to die for!:love:

dseth
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
go to their website and sign up for their club. you get a free chocolate fondue coupon sent to your e-mail address. That chocolate smores fondue is DELICIOUS!!!!:love:

JandJ
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
We went to The Melting Pot in Naples, FL last Feb. DS12 and I loved it - DH didn't like it at all! He felt that for all that money he had to cook his own dinner and left still hungry. This is just to give you a different perspective on the fondue experience! We're going to try the "meat fest" at Texas de Brazil this year - DH should be much more satisfied! DH also doesn't care for chocolate, so even the dessert didn't impress him!!

Ditto. I've gone a couple times (not the one near WDW though) and didn't care for it. I think it's too $$$ for having to cook your own food and it takes too long to cook it. And I came out smelling like I'd been dipped in cooking oil. But, my niece (20) and her mom LOVE it and would go every week if they could. The one I went to was big with the Homecoming/Prom Night crowd. If you like a leisurely dinner and love a chocolate fondue dessert you'd probably like it. I have a fondue pot at home that we do chocolate in, so that satisfies my cravings ;)