PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at WL?

ShortMinnieGrl16
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
In 7 days we are leaving to WDW!! :banana: We will be staying at the wilderness lodge for 8 days. But we would like to hear some reviews of anyone who has stayed at this hotel. We have heard from someone there are bed bugs?!?!:scared1:

Is this true?

:confused3

Heatherhl
01-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Bed bug recent thread:

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=22611610#post22611610

We leave for WL on the 23rd for 8 nights also. I just got off the phone with a CM that said there was nothing about WL having bed bugs but All Star had reports of bed bugs but in her words "nothing confirmed". I'm still nervous about it though :scared:

Like I said in the other thread, not my idea of souvenirs!!!!;)

Have a great time!!

daly7o9
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
We've stayed there three times in the last year (can't remember the exact dates), but we've never had any problems. Maybe we've just been lucky.

AUdisfan
01-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't know about the bed bugs, but I do know that I love WL. :goodvibes It's our DVC home resort and my very favorite. It's just so beautiful and neat and interesting. I know you will love it. Have a great trip!!!:thumbsup2 When you first arrive and check in, be sure to take the time to look around the lobby and go out to the pool area and check it out too. We always do this and it really gets us in the WL/WDW state of mind.:goodvibes

SnowWtch
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
We were just there the first week of December. We didn't hear anything about bedbugs. It was such a quiet and relaxed resort. It's the first resort I actually just slowed down and enjoyed.

disney54us
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi, I've never stayed there but if you head over to the DVC boards I'm sure you'll find many threads with comments about VWL. From the threads I've read the place has it's own fan base and people seem to love it:goodvibes. Have a great trip!!

'OhanaMama
01-16-2008, 09:43 PM
We stayed at the WL in August 2007. I haven't been on the boards in awhile so I haven't heard about the bed bugs. :eek: We didn't have any problems but that was 5 months ago.

WL is a great resort. It is beautiful. We had a bunk bed/courtyard view room. We booked a bunk bed/woods view but were upgraded upon arrival to courtyard view. The kids loved the bunk beds and we had a terrific view of the creek, pool and bay from our balcony. We watched the Electrical Light Parade on the bay from our balcony one night. The boat from the WL to the MK is fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is alot of fun for the kids, the food is okay. Artist Point is terrific if you can swing it. The quick service area is too small and doesn't offer a large variety but we didn't use it that much because we ordered breakfast stuff and snacks from GardenGrocer.com, (great idea by the way). The pool slide was the thumbs up from the kids. Bus service is decent compared to POP and All-Stars. You can ask when you check-in if you want to be flag family one morning while you're there. We didn't get to do it but it looks fun. You get to go to the roof with a CM and raise the flag, take pictures and enjoy the view. They have a kids activity room that my kids liked. We used it for a little while one day. Have a great time.

Stephanie

pepe of ohio
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
We just returned from 9 nights at the Lodge and never encountered any bed bugs, our past 5 stays have been here and same conclusion, no bed bugs. I've read all the hype in other posts and frankly, in 40 visits to WDW in many different resorts, have never encountered any bed bugs, sand fleas and mites outdoors, yes.

byoung
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Staying at the Villas again in May. Like staying there, but love staying at the Boardwalk.

ShortMinnieGrl16
01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the answears!!

I am much more comfortable going there now.:cheer2:

ShortMinnieGrl16
01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
We just returned from 9 nights at the Lodge and never encountered any bed bugs, our past 5 stays have been here and same conclusion, no bed bugs. I've read all the hype in other posts and frankly, in 40 visits to WDW in many different resorts, have never encountered any bed bugs, sand fleas and mites outdoors, yes.

Thank You,

I am much happier staying at WL now.
:cheer2:

ShortMinnieGrl16
01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
We stayed at the WL in August 2007. I haven't been on the boards in awhile so I haven't heard about the bed bugs. :eek: We didn't have any problems but that was 5 months ago.

WL is a great resort. It is beautiful. We had a bunk bed/courtyard view room. We booked a bunk bed/woods view but were upgraded upon arrival to courtyard view. The kids loved the bunk beds and we had a terrific view of the creek, pool and bay from our balcony. We watched the Electrical Light Parade on the bay from our balcony one night. The boat from the WL to the MK is fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is alot of fun for the kids, the food is okay. Artist Point is terrific if you can swing it. The quick service area is too small and doesn't offer a large variety but we didn't use it that much because we ordered breakfast stuff and snacks from GardenGrocer.com, (great idea by the way). The pool slide was the thumbs up from the kids. Bus service is decent compared to POP and All-Stars. You can ask when you check-in if you want to be flag family one morning while you're there. We didn't get to do it but it looks fun. You get to go to the roof with a CM and raise the flag, take pictures and enjoy the view. They have a kids activity room that my kids liked. We used it for a little while one day. Have a great time.

Stephanie

Thank You,

I am much happier staying at WL now.
:cheer2:

It looks like a fabulous hotel!!

NEVERENOUGHWDW
01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
We were there in December and didn't hear or experience bed bugs. Bed bugs are one of those things that you risk in every hotel, it has never happened to us, hope it never does & try no to obsess about it!:eek:

That being said the WL is really a great place & I hope you take the time to really enjoy the resort, it has wonderful detail. Make sure to get your hidden Mickey clue list for WL......they have some terrific HMs there.

Have Fun!

SplashMtnCrew
01-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Wilderness Lodge is wonderful, I truely can only think of one other resort we'd like to stay at and the would be the Grand Floridian :rotfl: We are leaving for the WL on Sunday, it is a secret we are keeping from the DS!!!
We haven't had a problem with anything really. The bedbugs...never seen them. I do hope however that someone didn't confuse bedbugs with lice, because it would seem more likely that lice would be a problem in any hotel.

Leleluvsdis
01-19-2008, 01:25 AM
i am soooo glad to hear all the good reviews. DF and I which will then be DH are hoping to go december 09 with his family, and he saw WL when we at disney in march, and like the look of it. He loves log cabins! Now I'm even more excited!!!

wdwtheplacetobe
01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Wilderness Lodge is one of our favorite resorts.

Last October, we had our Wedding party stay there and had lunch in Whispering Canyon Cafe after the wedding for fun. It was. As Bride and Groom we got to lead the stick horse race.

I picked WL for my brother (who is very outdoorsy) and my mom (who needed a compact place). It worked out beautifully.

It is very easy to get to MK via the boat or you can take a 5 minute bus ride.

You will LOVE WL! Very romantic place! There is a fireplace up some stairs over the entrance that few people know about. Sit up there for some quiet time.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

pumpkinsmommy7
01-20-2008, 12:15 AM
my husband and i spent our honeymoon there we stayed in the villas which are great they really are home away from home.we also have stayed just for the weekend and stayed in the lodge and found it to be just as nice not as much room as the villas but still very nice. i recommend you eat at the whispering canyon at least once we even ordered our meals and took them back to our villa.well i hope this helps.

kaylajr
01-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi
I am gonna move this over to the resorts board.
You will most likey get even more replies there:)

katieandemismom
01-20-2008, 09:05 AM
We got back last Tuesday. Our room was in the regular lodge, and we loved it! I didn't hear ANYTHING about bedbugs in the entire 8 days we were there. Have a wonderful trip!

Gary M
01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I stayed at WL Nov.28 to Dec. 5 last year and we will be back there in a little over from now.(1/30 to 2/5) We have stayed at the WL over 25 times and will only stay there on our trips to WDW. We have also stayed at GF, Poly, BWI, YC, AKL and POR.

RunningthruDisney
01-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Stayed there last January and loved it. Would go back but the family want to try something else:)