PDA

View Full Version : late arriving flight - ME & what to do with bags

drewswife
01-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9:00 pm. I am worried that my luggage using ME will not show up until middle of night. Should I get my own luggage?

I would wait until the following day - but with the toiletry restrictions it is hard.

Thanks for the input

Tinkified
01-16-2008, 08:50 AM
We have done several late arrivals with the last one being midnight! We used Magical express but did not tag our luggage for ME pick-up. We got our own luggage, gave it to the driver upon boarding and we were on our way. My recommendation would be to do the same. It is really no big deal...I like to see that all our luggage has arrived anyway. That said, I always pack a change of clothes, swimsuit or PJs and some toiletries and ALL medications, etc in my airplane carry-on.

Hope that helps! Have fun!
Michelle

KSBelle
01-16-2008, 10:12 AM
My last trip we landed at 10:30pm and I requested at the ME counter that our luggage not be brought to our room until the next morning.We had packed an overnight bag! I restated this request at check-in to our hotel.
Guess what!?!?! 2AM -a knock on our door and our luggage. Fortunately, I was so tired that I went right back to sleep.
Something to consider!!!!

clkelley
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
We do the late night thing frequently and it works perfectly!! We have a carryon with what we need to go to bed and get dressed the next morning. We also each have our own 3-1-1 bag and that holds sample shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, my liquid foundation, and mascara.

We ask that our luggage is held, we go straight to bed and get out the door the next morning. When we arrive back at our room the next afternoon, our stuff is there.

We get to the resort quicker cause we don't go to baggage claim, we get to bed quicker cause we have very little to unpack.

marivaid
01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
We often arrive late in Orlando, usually between 9 and 11pm.

What we do is that we pack a change of clothes in our carry-on luggage (it's aways a good idea to do that anyway,in case your flight is delayed).
The resort will provide you with the basics : soap, and shampoo/conditioner combo for value/mods, and shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion for the deluxes.
The rest of your toiletries should fit OK in the approved TSA baggie.
Walmart sells a bunch of mini things like deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash etc.. those are convenient and cheap.

I *LOVE* not having to worry about my luggage !

twodles
01-16-2008, 12:35 PM
We've done ME late night arrival several times as well. We skipped the tags, picked up the luggage and carried it to ME. Not a problem.

drewswife
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
thank you - I think I am goibg to get my luggage so I can unpack that night and be done with it

disnut8
01-16-2008, 12:44 PM
My last trip we landed at 10:30pm and I requested at the ME counter that our luggage not be brought to our room until the next morning.We had packed an overnight bag! I restated this request at check-in to our hotel.
Guess what!?!?! 2AM -a knock on our door and our luggage. Fortunately, I was so tired that I went right back to sleep.
Something to consider!!!!

This is slightly Off Topic but I guess I know the answer from the above post. But I thought Disney never knocked on your door if you had a "do not disturb sign" on it? We have had that happened and so have our friends. We've forgotten that we had the sign on the door, asked for bell service to come to our room for the luggage and then been called because they couldn't knock on the door because of the sign. This certainly could have changed with Magcial Expess and late arrivals.