PDA

View Full Version : What is a standard view at AKL?

disney-super-mom
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have a picture they could post of a standard view at AKL? How horrible is it.....parking lot?

:flower3:

disney-super-mom
01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
I would love pics of a standard view at AKL!:cool1:

I'd even like a description. Someone must have had a standard view at AKL. Don't be shy.:listen:

justcantwait
01-16-2008, 12:20 PM
I stayed in a standard view room and it wasn't bad at all. I had a view of the pool, about 3 or 4 floors up. There were still plenty of places to go and view the animals. I didn't feel that I was missing out on anything by not being able to see them from my room (how much time to do you spend there anyway?). Hope this helps!

kathy

grannyminnie
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I had one and it didn't bother me. We were on the Ostrich trail, facing the front parking lot, but there were enough trees at our balcony to partially obscure what might have been a total parking lot view.

freediverdude
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
It is parking lot view. Sorry I don't have my pictures available right now. The pool view at least used to be a separate category. It's also "billboards from state road 192 in the distance" view, which surprised me. Maybe the trees have grown up high enough that those are obscured by now, but I doubt it.

Minniemom97
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
We had a standard view booked last year but got moved to BC because of construction. We have had a pool view in the past (which by the way you could barely see the pool), but are going to book standard view again this year. I must be weird - I don't mind a parking lot view. That's what I had last year at BC anyway and never went on the balcony - too hot! I'd rather pay for a standard view and know what I'm going to get for my money versus paying a higher rate (like for our pool view) and see mostly trees and no pool. Also at AKL there are plenty of places to view the animals if you don't want to pay the extra $$ for a savannah view. JMO.

If you're staying there, enjoy your stay! It's a beautiful resort.