PDA

View Full Version : 7 Nights at CSR or 6 Nights at WL???

Maukey
01-15-2008, 05:04 PM
My family and I had WL booked for Jan. 26 - Feb 2. Everything was looking great for our trip, that is until my wife found out that she couldn't miss her classes. We were forced to have to move our trip to Mar. 1 - Mar. 8 :headache: .

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, we found out that one of her scholarships got canceled and had to fork over some of our Disney money for her books. I guess school's more important than Disney :confused3 ?

So now we're left with a tough decision.

1) Keep our reservations at WL, but deduct one day from the trip. Or maybe stay offsite for the first day to atleast keep our 7 nights in FL.

or

2) Downgrade to CSR and keep our 8 Day, 7 Night Disney Package instead of having to drop down to 7 Days, 6 Nights.

This is a tough decision for my family and I seeing as though we really had our hearts set on WL. My wife is ok with downgrading, it's just my 14 yr old DS and 9 yr old DD who are struggling with the downgrade option.

Need advice everyone. What should I do? How does CSR compare to WL?

Thanks

G8r4evr
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Easy choice IMO, WL! 6 nights is still a really long stay. CSR is a great resort, but if your heart is set on WL, I would definitely stick with the Lodge...

Or if 7 nights is really that important, how about a value the first night? Or there are some really nice offsite hotels that you can snag for around $59 a night!

JoanneNC
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
For starters - see ya in MK..lol those are our exact dates as well..lol

Do both
Split stay - 3-4 nights in CRS and the remaining 3-4 nights in WL
Seems like a win/win compromise

Maukey
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
For starters - see ya in MK..lol those are our exact dates as well..lol

Do both
Split stay - 3-4 nights in CRS and the remaining 3-4 nights in WL
Seems like a win/win compromiseCool. Just look for the family where the adults are acting wilder than the kids.

Unfortunately, a split stay is out of the question. The wife is really big on making yourself at home when you're on vacation. The idea of having to pack up and move mid trip makes her sick. She's ok with getting there a day early and staying somewhere for one night, but not moving mid trip.

Thanks for the advice though :thumbsup2

flowergirl
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree with a PP I suggest spending your first night at a Value and then spend your following 6 nights at WL. We have moved after one night and it really isn't bad at all. Good Luck!

Buzz2001
01-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Visit my CSR website for pics and info. An extra day is always better at WDW! :cool1:

ashef
01-15-2008, 09:22 PM
My family, especially DS13 & DD11, absolutely love CSR. It is a very beautiful resort and has a wonderful pool and big water slide, a hot tub, a spa and gym. And the serenity of the resort will do wonders for your DW's frazzled nerves. I promise it will not be a hardship for your kids to spend seven nights there. :goodvibes I agree with your wife about not changing rooms, by the way. I'd definitely stay at CSR instead of WL if it meant I could stay at the World an extra day.

rie'smom
01-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd opt for CSR. Most peoples biggest complaint is not enough days and if you travel for 2 of your days, that leaves 5 full days. At least 1 of the parks you'll need 2 days.
Look at Buzz's site. It's fabulous and full of information. CSR is a really beautiful resort. You won't regret it and your kids will flip for the Dig Site pool.

Lilolvr
01-16-2008, 06:57 AM
I'd opt for CSR. Most peoples biggest complaint is not enough days and if you travel for 2 of your days, that leaves 5 full days. At least 1 of the parks you'll need 2 days.

Look at Buzz's site. It's fabulous and full of information. CSR is a really beautiful resort. You won't regret it and your kids will flip for the Dig Site pool.I agree. More days is always better!!

solfan68
01-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I've always thought it might be fun to stay at WL... But if it meant an entire extra day at WDW, I'd have to go with CSR. We stayed this past summer and the resort is beautiful. The pool is simply amazing as well, if your family enjoys that sort of thing.

grannyminnie
01-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Never stayed at CSR, but I see this as a clear-cut decision.....WL all the way!!!!!!!!