PDA

View Full Version : Moderate or Deluxe-POR/POFQ or AKL/AKL villas? LOTS OF QUESTIONS??

FairyDust2008
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, we have finally narrowed down our choices between moderate and deluxe with POR/POFQ & the AKL & Villas. I'm just trying to see where the best of our budget could go. Paying less at a nice moderate, more money for souvenirs, food and plane trip versus driving, although I think we might fly either way. We are still deciding on that as well because when you drive, you are in your own comfort zone and can bring back lots of souvenirs, alot more stuff but the drive would be around 12 hrs. We are still up in the air about that. Still deciding. We LOVE the theming of the POR/POFQ for the moderates and the AKL for the deluxe. If we chose the AKL, would you do the normal AKL resort or the AKL VILLAS? We aren't DVC members but I like the idea of having a more home type room with more space. We would be booking direct from Disney, just like a normal hotel room. Any input would greatly be appreciated-THANKS A BUNCH DISBOARDERS:banana: :banana:

skipperkim
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I've stayed at POFQ and love it. I've also stayed at OKW and loved it too. The villas at OKW are the largest on property.

Buzz2001
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
AKL for sure. Larger beds, no shared transportation and a beautifully themed resort.

DISNEYmooner2008
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
All i can say is:

AKL AKL AKL AKL AKL AKL

We were at WDW for the first time 1/7-1/13 for our honeymoon, stayed at AKL and LOVED it!!

Great pool, beautiful rooms and resort, beautiful view, great food, ect... I can't say enough about AKL!!!

Atotty
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
We've stayed at POR and AKL (before DVC).....and if I had the extra money, there would be no question...AKL every trip. I love it. We're staying there this summer again and can't wait.

spiceycat
01-15-2008, 04:56 PM
if a studio then it has a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa - family of 4 have found it too small.

if a 1-bedroom or up - then definitely AKV.

the TV is the flat screen - very nice.