PDA

View Full Version : Port orleans riverside room condition

cottontail
01-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Hello: We are looking at trying the riverside instead of the french quarter this trip. I have been discouraged though reading some reports of a little bit of wear and tear in the rooms. Anyone who has been to this resort recently can they tell me how the room conditon is.

Deb.

OnlyWhnChasd
01-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi there. I just got back from POR and while the room wasn't exactly spotless I didn't notice any excessive wear and tear. Actually, the beds/bedding/furniture looked fairly new and the overall presentation of the room was very nice.

Shmily1
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
We just got back Sunday night from staying in the mansions. It didn't look run down to me. I thought it was pretty nice and DH says POR is the best resort at WDW--that includes the Swan and BC!!! He was very impressed and that means a lot because it is hard to impress him!!!

Tuliplvr
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
We have stayed at POR twice. We got back a month ago and stayed in AB section. Our room was in great condition! No complaints!

motofox4
01-15-2008, 01:19 PM
does anyone know when they were last renovated??

tejasranger
02-09-2008, 12:26 AM
WE just got back Sat. Feb 2nd and the room only had one spot that looked stained other than that the whole resort was beautiful.We were in the alligator bayou section. We had a nice river view and ducks. We very much enjoyed our stay at POR

cottontail
02-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi: That is good news, as we are booked in there the end of feb. Looking forward to staying there again. It is our fav mod.

Did everyone find the beds comfortable? Can you give your building number you stayed in and if you liked the location. We are trying to pick a building.

Thanks,

Deb.

maxiesmom
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
We stayed in the Magnolia Bend section in October, and our room was just fine. No holey sheets or towels, no big dust bunnies either. Our housekeeper did a good job, and she made sure we had tons of coffee supplies and clean towels.

always_learning
02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
We also stayed in AB section and saw no signs of wear and tear. Our Mousekeeping could have done a tad better in clean up around our table a few days :confused3

**Building 38 room 3837. The room itself was up one floor and on the end where you turn for the next hallway. We used the North stop each time and it was great! Never full when we needed on but it was the second to last stop each time coming back. The walk to the food court was easy enough to go each AM.