PDA

View Full Version : Tampa/St.Pete area help !!

we3disneygo
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi I'm in need of some help with the Tampa/St.Pete area, a nice moderate priced place to stay in March by the beach any info. on which area's would be the best would be great! Thanks !:surfweb:

marivaid
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Look around Madeira Beach, Redington Beach, Treasure Island...

swilshire
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
March is a peak month, so I'm not sure what kind of deals you'll find there then.

If you're looking for this March, you're also looking pretty late. We reserved a timeshare in Indian Rocks Beach about a year ago.

You might luck into a last minute cancellation, but I would definitely have an alternate plan.

Sheila

ruby33
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Check vrbo.com - Indian Shores - lots of possibilities!

we3disneygo
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
:surfweb: thanks I'll check out Indian Shores, this trip is with my mother and dd14, mother does not quite get it that you would plan so far ahead to take a trip !!! last year we went to California for 11 days and we booked everything 3 months ahead, it drove me nuts !!!!! but we did sneak a 3 day trip to Disneyland in there !!!!:banana: any other advice???

kespo
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Try the Don Cesear in St. Pete Beach. It might not be the cheapest but is a really nice place to stay and close to Fort DeSoto park which has amazing beaches.

Our favorite place to eat is Salt Rock Grill in Indian Rocks beach. It has great seafood, steaks, etc.

MarthaJr.
01-16-2008, 09:23 PM
I would suggest beachdirectory.com they have pictures of the hotels and links to their websites. Personally, we love St. Pete Beach and usually stay at the Sirata or Tradewinds Sandpiper. Good luck and have a great trip! PS.If you got to St. Pete--you must have the wings at Woodys!:thumbsup2

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
If your going to be around Redington Beach you got to eat at the Shells restaurant there and request a table in the back by the water, because the view looks amazing.

aaronandterri
01-17-2008, 07:14 AM
i just booked and got a great deal at the tradewinds island grand in st petes beach for april :thumbsup2

DisneyCrazy2
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I just booked at the Sirata for the first full week in April. She said they had plenty of rooms still open.

ainemcgrath
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Nice place in Indian shores, right opp the beach and beside best restaurant of all time called Salt Rock Grill.

Big thumbs up!

mungo
01-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Trying to book something myself from 17th March, looked at vrbo cannot be bothered trying to search thru them all to find it they have avialabiltiy. Why can't it have a search facility?

Went on homeaway.com and most of the owners on their don't put their availabilty on so I have to email them anyway :headache: If I can't find one with availabilty I will give up and book a hotel, I don't need the hassle.

TinkerBellToo2
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
I just booked a home for early May. This will be the 2nd time renting a vacation home. Would never go back to a hotel room. At homeaway.com you just have to click on the word avalibility and it will bring up a calendar.

Happy hunting, you won't regret it.:cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: