PDA

View Full Version : Marriotts Sabal Palms, Royal Palms, Imperial Palms

Carrickdisfan
01-15-2008, 05:09 AM
Hi

Anyone stay at any of these Marriott properties via Interval International? Your views would be appreciated. Many thanks.

littlestar
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't stayed at these yet, but I know Royal Palms is being refurbished. Someone on trip advisor posted some pictures of the refurbished rooms (they look nice). I don't know the schedule, though - when it will all be done.

I also heard that Sabal Palms Marriott owners got a "special assessment" so it sounds like they're next for a major refurbishment.

The Palm Marriotts in Orlando are close to Downtown Disney and get to use the Marriott World Center amenities.

Lucky'sMom
01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Imperial Palm was just refurb'ed too. We are staying here in June. The Marriott vacation club website has the new room photos, but last time I was on the regular Marriott site, it did not. We have stayed at the Nick Hotel (across the street) and this location is SO close to Disney. If you look in the Unofficial Guide, the commute times to the parks are actually less from here than from many on-site resorts.:thumbsup2

littlestar
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Imperial Palm was just refurb'ed too. We are staying here in June. The Marriott vacation club website has the new room photos, but last time I was on the regular Marriott site, it did not. We have stayed at the Nick Hotel (across the street) and this location is SO close to Disney. If you look in the Unofficial Guide, the commute times to the parks are actually less from here than from many on-site resorts.:thumbsup2

Do you know if all Imperial Palms units have been redone yet?

Thanks.

littlestar
01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Never mind. I called Imperial Palms and they told me all rooms at Royal and Imperial have been redone. :) Sounds like Sabal is next.

Carrickdisfan
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Many thanks for all your help.

jeff968
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
We stayed at Imperial Palms. It has pros and cons. First of all, all three of these locations are apart from the Marriott world. Now, if you want to go up to the world and take advantage of that great pool and activities you have to get in a shuttle which is a pain. If you don't bring up everything you need or drank all the soda you have to get in the shuttle to get back to IP/RP/SP or purchase it there at high prices. We found this to be a big pain. We're used to resorts were your unit is near the pool and you can quickly walk back to your room and get what you need. The calling of the shuttle and return could take up to 30 minutes. That said, the world pool is nothing short of spectacular so we went everyday. They were working on Imperial when we were there. the rooms were nice as they always are in a Marriott. IP is made up of three bedroom units so if you need that room that's were you should go. If you stay at the resort expect it to be quiet by their pools. There is not a lot going on. Maybe that is good for you. My family wants some resort related activity so we went to the world where everything was happening. The Royal palms stretches out more and the end units are closer to the road (which means noise) and there was no pool near the end units. We only saw the Sabal Palms when the shuttle stopped by to pick up or drop people off. Another thing, there was lots of construction at the convention part of the world when we were there. I'm not sure if it is done yet but it was a pain. We love Cypress harbor so we're going back for a 4th time. It meets our needs 100%. That said, for you, IP, RP, SP may be fine. They are Marriotts so the quality is always high. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Carrickdisfan
01-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Jeff

Many thanks for your review. We have stayed at Marriott Cypress Harbour several times and Marriott Grande Vista several times and love both of them. We need at least a 2 bedroom for 4 adults this year as 2 teenagers going are male and female. We have never thought of staying at IP, SP or RP before however it is just in case we are offered these through II and have to make a quick decision. As we travel from Northern Ireland our flights are already booked so we don't have any choice with dates. Thanks again.