PDA

View Full Version : AKL club- worth an extra $60 a night?

JoanneNC
01-15-2008, 01:00 AM
I know subjective - but still interested?
How much are the special excursions?

Thanks in advance

JennSaint
01-15-2008, 07:08 AM
$60 more a night over which resort?

JoanneNC
01-15-2008, 07:12 AM
over the regular AKL rooms

happymommy
01-15-2008, 07:39 AM
IMHO - yes that would be a bargain. When I took the kids to AKL for the first time (solo, DH stayed home) we had a regular room. It was great, and we got a great price. But, for breakfast I recall going to the Mara, getting some nice fruit bowls, bacon for DS (he has food allergies so can't have eggs, that's his morning protein). Coffee for me, juices for kids, that alone was probably close to $30 by the time we were done. In the club lounge (next time we stayed at AKL we got a club room for a super duper good AP rate) you get juices, espressos, nice fruits and stuff. If it's 4 of you, that alone is worth close to $40 maybe. Plus there is always juice, milk, and sodas out so the kids or you can just grab one. In the evenings, the appetizers were really spectacular - hot kabobs of chicken, beef, or shrimp, other hot items, wines and beers (which you can ask for any time of the day, they just don't always have it out).

For only $60, it's a steal.

Nancyg56
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
For only $60, it's a steal.

For $60 a night I would go for it! We stayed club level and in the evening a glass of wine and some cappuccino for each of us would have been over $30. We thought it was a nice place to unwind and revisit the day.

ElizabethB
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, at $60 per night -- go for it!

ducklite
01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I agree, $60 is worth it at the AKL. The concierge staff there are IMHO the best of the best at WDW, and the perks for CL guests are unique and worth every penny. It's the only WDW resort that I think is "worth" staying CL at these days--if the price is right. For $60 a night, it's right. :goodvibes

marivaid
01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
For $60 a night, no question, go for it. Plus, only Club/Concierge guests at AKL can do the Sunrise Safari tour. I'd book AKL concierge just for that if I could.:thumbsup2

Dis Ohana
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Definitely. The Sunrise Safari alone makes it worth it. The guaranteed savannah view room is nice too. The AKL IPO was the best that we dealt with.

Disneylvr
01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
If the concierge was only $60 extra at the Poly (where we are staying) I would jump on it in a second!!!! So I say go for it!

JoanneNC
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone
I DID IT
IT's booked and paid for and NOW I just need the IPO's to return my call to book the sunrise safari that now I am freaking out I won't get ..

I went from WL to CSR to AKL - club (always was my 1st choice) and I am so excited. I have 46 days left to keep the last minute resort and club features a secret from hubby