PDA

View Full Version : Tammy & Randy's Wishes VR:7/14/10~WP/Napa/France-PROF PICS!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

padisneyfour
01-14-2008, 10:32 PM
delete

pink_tink8i8
01-15-2008, 12:49 AM
that sounds so fun and exciting! I really wanted a disney wedding with a family celebration feel to it as well. My close family is going to stay with us for our disneymoon for a week and I'm really looking forward to it. I know that sounds unconventional but family vacations are great, aren't they?

padisneyfour
01-15-2008, 06:52 AM
more to come...

pink_tink8i8
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
It's been awhile since I've been on a family celebration vacation. It is really hard to schedule everyone together to do something but now considering I'm adding a wedding to it now it is extra fun and a good excuse ;) I'm really looking forward to it. How are your plans coming along?

padisneyfour
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
more to come...

pink_tink8i8
01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
I love that you are thinking of having dinner at chef mickey's. It's so fun and unconventional. I'm pretty much at the beginning of my plans also and like you had to notify my family so they could save up. My brother and DF's sister just got married (not together) but it's sort of been an expense for both families. Oh I love crafts too. I'm going to do my own invitations, place cards, programs, welcome bags etc. Have any ideas yet for yours? We're trying to get our anniversary date too.

padisneyfour
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
more to come...

pink_tink8i8
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Actually I do have some things that I want to use most are in designing stage some alitlle further along than others... will share down the line. really looking to chef mickeys just because it is fun and some might not be keen on Ohanas so I figure a buffet would be safe and everyone can have what they like. we are actually going to disney late next week sand going to chef mickeys for my DD belated birthday. I ordered a cake to surprise her... we also have reservation at the crystal palace on day and the at BBB for hair and nail makeover We will be there 8 days. i need a break from the cold!:goodvibes

Sounds great! Take me with you ;) I need a break from the cold too.

padisneyfour
01-16-2008, 02:04 PM
The more the merrier.....;) party:

pink_tink8i8
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
:cheer2:

Any new plans to report?

padisneyfour
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
more to come...

padisneyfour
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
more to come...

pink_tink8i8
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Working on a few things. was browsing around and think I found a dress I really like the design and style of and want to try on at some point ...its by Bonny Unforgettable. How are your plans coming along?

Oh..can't wait to see a pic of the dress!

pink_tink8i8
01-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I have been doing something thinking and I know I want to do welcome bags. I plan on using plain canvas totes and then decorating with a logo and personalization since there won't be that many guests. Every family would get one , my mom, his dad etc would get one. I have a design with a silhouette of the castle with Mickey and Minnie too would probably use that and then dress it up too. Not sure what I will put in yet other than maps of parks etc... its a beginning.

fun! I want to do welcome bags too and I'm having the same dilemma as what to put inside. I've been looking at other posts to see what people put and everything sounds great. I like the water bottles with the personalized labels. I guess anything practical and edible would be good.

Nothing really new to report on the planning more like trying to at least make up our minds on ceremony and reception so I can actually book.

padisneyfour
01-19-2008, 10:42 AM
more to come...

padisneyfour
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
more to come...

padisneyfour
01-19-2008, 12:18 PM
more to come...

padisneyfour
01-19-2008, 04:50 PM
more to come...

padisneyfour
01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
more to come...

pink_tink8i8
01-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh no! what's going on with all the sad faces? Are you getting stressed with all the planning?

Mermaid_Ariel
01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Why all the frowning??

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 08:55 AM
updated and new start....

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
delete

Desnik
01-20-2008, 09:46 AM
I really like your ideas so far. I especially like using a canvas bag as the welcome bag. I am planning our VR for June 2009 and you are making me feel like I'm a slacker!LOL:rotfl: I need to get going on my plans! Anyway I also wanted to remind you that the Grand 1 allows up to 13 people. I have thought of that for a rehearsal party idea(I will be having a Wishes VR)but I will have about 17 people. Can't wait to hear/see more!!

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 09:59 AM
d

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 12:31 PM
x

pink_tink8i8
01-20-2008, 02:11 PM
everything sounds great so far! I like the idea of the canvas bags too.

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
x

pink_tink8i8
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
can't wait!

Goldeelox9
01-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Love the Bags....Great Idea!

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks. When I went to add the stars I thought it might be too much but after a little adjusting I thought they looked ok. My DDs liked them too. Thanks again :goodvibes

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
x

pink_tink8i8
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
That looks great! prototype? I think it looks good enough to use.

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey thanks. I thought it came out pretty good. wasn't sure how the handle would look because on only had crafts sticks and ended up gluing two together to make it long enough ( about 10 inches)and the covered the part where they were glued with the ribbon and the crystals. They seem strong enough too, so they don't just bend. My craft drawer is filling up.....:rotfl:

Goldeelox9
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Your Fans look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

pink_tink8i8
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I just realized that you added little mickey crystals to the fans. I love that! so cute

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Thank you both so much for your comments I appreciate it.... I was pleased with they way they turned out. I have a thank a previous dis bride for the template-thanks princessdisneybelle16!

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
x

pink_tink8i8
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
CUTE! I especially love the inside. Kind of hard to make out the watermark on the vellum but I can imagine it in my mind and it looks great!

padisneyfour
01-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Thank you again and boy are you quick... you are a great cheerleader!:cheer2: ;) I see you have a prince charming joining your thread.... welcome to you both.:goodvibes :goodvibes

keenercam
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
WOW! You are SOOO creative and talented! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful creations here. I come on these threads and get so inspired that I want to run right out and buy supplies and make goodies. LOL!!

Congratulations on all of the wonderful progress you are making!

padisneyfour
01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoy doing crafty things and I figure if I can get a prototype of things I know I want done now the less there will be do to later.... at least I tell myself that, but I always find something more.... again thanks for the kind words and for reading. There are a lot of talented people here and lots of inspiration!:goodvibes

padisneyfour
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
This is the general brochure I have been working on so there will be some wording changes etc... plan on sending out in spring to family will be inviting.... not done yet . Plan on getting pictures during WDW visit later this week to add where whiteouts are.....:goodvibes

Goldeelox9
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I love your Save the dates....Great job!

padisneyfour
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
x

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
been at WDW for the last week. 2DDs did BBB in Mk for hair make up and nails and loved it. They def want to do again for VR and may it even crossed my mind. It was a great experience not rushed and the girls looked great after. also got to visit a couple possibel restaurant s hadn't visited before including chef mickey for supper and ohanas for breakfast( both were great) didn't get to visit Wedding Pav. (too busy)though that will have to be a future trip. I see BBB though in the future for VR.... DH will love this;)

Also, picked up a few ideas here and there to incorporate down the line.....

pink_tink8i8
02-01-2008, 03:03 PM
This is the general brochure I have been working on so there will be some wording changes etc... plan on sending out in spring to family will be inviting.... not done yet . Plan on getting pictures during WDW visit later this week to add where whiteouts are.....:goodvibes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/037-1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/034-1.jpg

you are brilliant! I am so stealing this idea :flower3: It never occured to me to send this out prior to the std and invitations. what a great way to tell my family so they have time to plan and save money if they think they will come. Thanks. It really looks great and it's going to be even better when you add pics to it.

pink_tink8i8
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
been at WDW for the last week. 2DDs did BBB in Mk for hair make up and nails and loved it. They def want to do again for VR and may it even crossed my mind. It was a great experience not rushed and the girls looked great after. also got to visit a couple possibel restaurant s hadn't visited before including chef mickey for supper and ohanas for breakfast( both were great) didn't get to visit Wedding Pav. (too busy)though that will have to be a future trip. I see BBB though in the future for VR.... DH will love this;)

Also, picked up a few ideas here and there to incorporate down the line.....

How old are your DDs? My nieces will be 8 and 6 when I get married and I'm wondering if they would even want to dress up like princesses? I would assume so but kids seem to grow up so fast these days. I'm sure they would still love getting their hair, nails and make-up done. Don't they also offer a photo package or something or am I confusing that with something else?

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
my oldest is 14 almost 15 she reminds me everyday-she didn't dress up and had the popstar hairstyle ,my youngest adores princesses and she just turned 13 - shes the one with the dress. I think it really depends on the girl- some girls really like to dress up others don't but I really think both would enjoy the hair and nail with makeup. The BBB was a very busy place.....
The brochure was another idea from the boards that I liked so I can't take the credit havbe to decide on pictures yet- plan on using pics from trip of resorts etc...

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
during recent trip checked out some restaurants that could be possible dinner venues and checked out Morocco for possible DP party- got some pics to use later. will post after get through everything and unpacked. Also found out we have more family interested in attending bringing total count closer to 18- will have to wait and see.....my concern with up grading to wishes is still the room block because I know at least one family plans on staying off site. Calculating things out we usually stay 6 to 7 nights, so that would be doubled with a separate room for my mom and our DDs (12-14 nights) then my youngest brother would probably stay 4-5 nights and his brother probably 4 nights (8 additional possible so close to 20 nights give or take but not sure could get 25 night min. when talk with DFTW will have to discuss this more in depth.....just rambling.

I found a castle paper punch that I wanted ,looked for a tinkerbelle one( no luck yet). plan on using these when make invites and door signs. I think I have a design figured out.
Decided that I will include special buttons to welcome bags..... gathered a few first timer buttons , tried to find little dreamer ones without success, did get a few princess fantasy fair and of course POC buttons. picked up some general brochures to for those first time visitors too( will send out with newsletters in future). Looked at postcards to include in bags to will address back to us with stamp for guests to share their best disney moment. I also found some dark blue plastic- like folders at local walmart in discounted section that I can use for welcome packets I will have to work on dressing them up a little ....more to come

Keira1387
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Your wording for the save the dates is the same as my wedding invitation!!! I love it!

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks... I really liked it too:goodvibes sort of thought it worked because truth be told even though we are already married - we have been together more than half of our lives( that makes me feel really old..... );)

Keira1387
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks... I really liked it too:goodvibes sort of thought it worked because truth be told even though we are already married - we have been together more than half of our lives( that makes me feel really old..... );)

No... you shouldn't feel old! I think it's so romantic to see people stay together like that. My parents got married when they were 18 and have been together 30 years! So congrats!!!

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
:goodvibes Thank you. ;)

when I get a chance I will post pics from trip as well as new items. I totally forgot that I had also picked up some princess ariel and POC disney dollars for welcome bags with envelopes.

padisneyfour
02-02-2008, 10:43 PM
as more family becomes aware of our plans there def. seems to be more interest than I anticipated so a wishes VR is looking more like a better option... with extras added to escape if even stay under the 20 max. I will admit I am a little surprised by the response we have gotten- even though it is so early. time will tell I guess, but as for me I guess I am going to start exploring wishes ... never would have thought :rainbow:

Starr W.
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
as more family becomes aware of our plans there def. seems to be more interest than I anticipated so a wishes VR is looking more like a better option... with extras added to escape if even stay under the 20 max. I will admit I am a little surprised by the response we have gotten- even though it is so early. time will tell I guess, but as for me I guess I am going to start exploring wishes ... never would have thought :rainbow:

DH is interested in Lurkyloo's TR(she's having her ceremony in Epcot) and he thinks if we want to do the VR at WDW why not do it in a park. So a Wishes VR might be in my future too. :love: Plus I have a cousin looking at doing a 30th VR Wishes ceremony in 2009(she loves the WP).I think we may wait for our 20th, as the boys will be 18 & 13 then(old enough to go off on their own).

Though DH thinks DCL might be a good choice, you seem to get in his words "more bang for the buck". Plus I can use some of my DVC points for the cruise(we are in surplus, shhh don't tell, I'm not suppoed to be,according to my fellow DVC'ers).

I'm going to check out some of the other lines(I'm a VIP at Princess, even have my own travel counselor with them) to see their packages.

I haven't started a PJ, because it seems silly to do on 6yrs out(God knows how much a FTW will cost then):eek:

padisneyfour
02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I wasn't going to start mine either but there are so many ideas here and it was hard to resist. I know its even really early for ours but with two active and involved teen DDs etc sometimes life just happens( there are alot of other big events on horizon too) and this will be a one time event so I want the time :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
during recent trip checked out some restaurants that could be possible dinner venues and checked out Morocco for possible DP party- got some pics to use later. will post after get through everything and unpacked. Also found out we have more family interested in attending bringing total count closer to 18- will have to wait and see.....my concern with up grading to wishes is still the room block because I know at least one family plans on staying off site. Calculating things out we usually stay 6 to 7 nights, so that would be doubled with a separate room for my mom and our DDs (12-14 nights) then my youngest brother would probably stay 4-5 nights and his brother probably 4 nights (8 additional possible so close to 20 nights give or take but not sure could get 25 night min. when talk with DFTW will have to discuss this more in depth.....just rambling.

I found a castle paper punch that I wanted ,looked for a tinkerbelle one( no luck yet). plan on using these when make invites and door signs. I think I have a design figured out.
Decided that I will include special buttons to welcome bags..... gathered a few first timer buttons , tried to find little dreamer ones without success, did get a few princess fantasy fair and of course POC buttons. picked up some general brochures to for those first time visitors too( will send out with newsletters in future). Looked at postcards to include in bags to will address back to us with stamp for guests to share their best disney moment. I also found some dark blue plastic- like folders at local walmart in discounted section that I can use for welcome packets I will have to work on dressing them up a little ....more to come

I saw a tinkerbell punch on ebay just thought I would share

padisneyfour
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks! I had seen that too but had hoped to find it at Disney.:goodvibes

Well just over the last few days possible guest list has expanded. DH and me, 2dds, my mom, his dad, my brother, his wife and 3 Boys, my youngest brother his wife and DD then DH sister , her two kids, then his brother ,wife and two kiddos. He still has another brother with wife and three children and a sister with one son....that haven't really said anything ( his brother has been to wdw before and not a disney fan and his sister is one that just wouldn't come) so we are close to max 20 without any additional friends....

pink_tink8i8
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks! I had seen that too but had hoped to find it at Disney.:goodvibes

Well just over the last few days possible guest list has expanded. DH and me, 2dds, my mom, his dad, my brother, his wife and 3 Boys, my youngest brother his wife and DD then DH sister , her two kids, then his brother ,wife and two kiddos. He still has another brother with wife and three children and a sister with one son....that haven't really said anything ( his brother has been to wdw before and not a disney fan and his sister is one that just wouldn't come) so we are close to max 20 without any additional friends....

wow! looks like it might be a wishes after all. How can somebody not like Disney? :scared1:

padisneyfour
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Well since most of family know our plans.... I figured I could start working on a newsletter to pass along important info esp. about hotels and tickets (because some family members will be saving up....) so far it seems to be going ok. I won't be sending these out yet but wanted to get some ideas started. For the first one I plan on including info about hotel options on property including a variety of resorts (value , moderate deluxe descriptions) along with price info ... this is some of what i have so far..... I am just using word and will probably do in color to dress it up. More to come.... any thoughts?

At the post office the other day I found the art of disney stamps...mickey, peterpan and tinkerbelle, dumbo etc...HTH:goodvibes

Keira1387
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I love that newsletter! The background is so cool!

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks!:) The background was a pic that I made a watermark and then played with the color/gray scale so it is a little darker(printed with colored pictures it looks better)....

shezfrombermuda
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Your save the dates, brochures, fans, and newsletter look great! I keep putting off my newsletters but I should start soon because I have quite a few guests that have never been to Disney before!! I really like the watermark in the background.

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you so much.... I have fun creating and seeing what I can get. Good luck with all your planning too!:)

myprincessgirlisa
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
congrats on celebrating & planning a 20yr VR!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE your welcome bag!! it looks very neat & original!!!

your newsletter is really great too!!! love the castle on it!!!

i cant wait to hear more & more about your VR!!!!:goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much:) - I was pleased with the bags wasn't sure how they would look when finished. Have a lot of things I hope to create_ there are so many wonderful ideas here.Again thanks

pink_tink8i8
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Newsletter looks great and so do your bags! Hurray on finding the stamps! must be cute.

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Been working on a mini project for a card to attach to welcome bags with a short catchy verse inside saying thank you for coming and welcome! Here is the outside of the card....still sort of a work in progress not sure how will attach to bags but will most likely use colored ribbon. Still working on inside verse.... The colors are a little off. They are yellow background with blue in middle sprinkled with a little glitter

keenercam
02-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow! Everything is so impressive. I LOVE the idea of using the watermark on the newsletters. We are doing that on our save the date card, but I hadn't thought of it for the newsletter! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea (the artwork is different, though -- I promise! ;) ). The tags for the welcome bags are wonderful! Love the colors and the glitter!

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Wow! Everything is so impressive. I LOVE the idea of using the watermark on the newsletters. We are doing that on our save the date card, but I hadn't thought of it for the newsletter! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea (the artwork is different, though -- I promise! ). The tags for the welcome bags are wonderful! Love the colors and the glitter!

Cam, thank you and feel free to use/borrow whatever ideas you would like.... I look forward to seeing yours. Your plans sound great and the dresses were beautiful(#1 and #4) happy crafting....:goodvibes

TamTab
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Everything looks wonderful! I love the tags for your welcome bags. Might have to steal that idea from you. Can't wait to read more!

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Everything looks wonderful! I love the tags for your welcome bags. Might have to steal that idea from you. Can't wait to read more!

thank you tam tab and we share a name so you def. can steal that idea!:) :)

Goldeelox9
02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
I love the cards for the welcome bags! They look great!

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I love the cards for the welcome bags! They look great!

Thank you so much.I used the bright colors to make them fun looking....that goes with the idea that we will be celebrating "family , friends and fun." I guess that is my biggest wish is to have a celebration emphasizing fun! Where better else to do that than DISNEY! :goodvibes Thank you again I am glad you girls like them. ;)

pink_tink8i8
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
the welcome tags are so fun! love the vibrant colors and the glitter!
p.s. I made a prototype for a brochure copying your idea and it seems to be a big hit. Just thought I'd let you know that people liked your idea :goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
:goodvibes I am glad you could use the idea.... can't wait to see it!:thumbsup2

Thanks about the tags.... I really did want them to be bright and fun!

pink_tink8i8
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi!
I was checking out the creative boards today and I came across Pat's Disney Designs and a really nice Mickey and Minnie and I thought you might be interested in. Somebody used it for their 30th wedding anniversary.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1363902&page=185

post #2763

padisneyfour
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
thanks I haven't popped in over ther for awhile- may have to do that. :goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
was playing around with design for door signs and got this, added scrapbook glitter around wording and tinkerbelle. Not even sure I will use door signs(yet),

keenercam
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
That is so cute!!! Very clever idea!

lov2b@disney
02-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Very cute! Love it!

caryndisneydiva
02-07-2008, 06:28 PM
very cute! i did door hangers as well and it was really helpful to be able to know which rooms everyone was in.

pink_tink8i8
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
those are great! You're so organized. I love it. I don't know if it's my monitor but I can't see tink too well. But I love knowing she's there. :)

padisneyfour
02-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I put poem on the back side called family moments( forgot to take a picture of that side) so I will just post it here....

padisneyfour
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
I have planned on using the lenox mickey ears as my favors... I have collected a few here and there(were going to originally be xmas gifts ) but the other day I went outlet shopping which I usually don't do and found some. I got one dozen for less than $60.00. My DH still thinks I am crazy but I couldn't pass it up. They all came in boxes with gold tassles! I was so excited to find them.:goodvibes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/mickeyears.jpg
I will personalize them for each guest( probably in gold)!

keenercam
02-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I have planned on using the lenox mickey ears as my favors... I have collected a few here and there(were going to originally be xmas gifts ) but the other day I went outlet shopping which I usually don't do and found some. I got one dozen for less than $60.00.

SCORE!!! That is awesome! What a great price!!! :banana: :woohoo:

padisneyfour
02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I know it was a great price- now DH does too! we looked online what they cost. That was more than half what I will need so with the ones I have I almost have enough- they all match too!:cool1:

Lindsay22
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Great PJ!!
At which outlet did you find the steal on the Mickey ears??

pink_tink8i8
02-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I have planned on using the lenox mickey ears as my favors... I have collected a few here and there(were going to originally be xmas gifts ) but the other day I went outlet shopping which I usually don't do and found some. I got one dozen for less than $60.00. My DH still thinks I am crazy but I couldn't pass it up. They all came in boxes with gold tassles! I was so excited to find them.:goodvibes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/mickeyears.jpg
I will personalize them for each guest( probably in gold)!

I LOVE those! that's so great that you got them and at a good price too! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
I LOVE the mickey ears too!!! Now I just have to figure out how I will get them there.;)

Been thinking and collecting for welcome packets...I have a word search created, will have brochures, welcome letters (?) , 2 disney $ (one pirate and 1 princess), special buttons, working on scavenger hunt idea,hidden mickey info, door hangers (possibly) SAS postcard for guests to send back to us with special moments. I think for the postcards I will attach mickey head note that says"thank you for being apart of our magical day, Please share a special moment from your stay" . also cds with various songs - here is a cover that is just printed out on 1 piece of cardstock and then folded and glued.... I also have ordered a sample packet from cards and pockets to actually see the colors etc. I like the look of the sapphire blue (?)signature folder and antique gold mat.more to come....

Goldeelox9
02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow.....I want one of your welcome packs. LOL

pink_tink8i8
02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
LOVE the CD cover :thumbsup2

Keira1387
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I love all your projects. You are really "on top of things"!

helloirishkitty
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I think this is my first time posting on your PJ, but I love the CD covers and all of your wedding projects. You are definitely an inspiration!

padisneyfour
02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments.... I have been having a lot of fun doing all these little projects- work has really been a challenge lately so its sort of my escape per se. I figure if I can all the things done I want early enough as it gets closer I can enjoy the time and not stress (sure she says...) anyway I know I am early for all these things but have enjoyed doing and sharing. My 2 DDs have become part of the process too! There are a lot of wonderful ideas and inspirations here!!!! Disney brings out the best in everyone.....pixiedust:

padisneyfour
02-10-2008, 11:26 PM
I had ordered a sample from cards and pockets to make a prototype invite- I wanted to check out the colors. This is what I have so far... here is the outside

and then the inside (blank currently)...

The invite will be on the gold mat with the inserts in the pocket. I plan on using cream/ivory card stock. I like how it came together-really wasn't sure at first what the colors would like the together. I really like the pocket cards! They have a shiny/metallic look. They came fast after I ordered them. just wanted to share.

Goldeelox9
02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
I wish I had known about the Pocket Invites before I made mine. They look GREAT!

keenercam
02-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow! Those invitations look fabulous! All of your components are coming together so beautifully! Oh, I just realized I have a question. For the mickey head in the invite, what size crystals did you use? I found 7mm self adhesive ones at Michaels but can't find any other sizes. Can you tell us where you found the ones that you used and what they are like?

roozlilone
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
You've got some great ideas!! I wish I could be more creative. The welcome bags are really stressing me out. I just don't know where to start or exactly what I want. Keep the projects coming...you are helping me tremendously. :thumbsup2

padisneyfour
02-11-2008, 07:01 PM
:goodvibes I am having fun planning....

Lynn5700
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I love the invites!!! They look amazing!!! You are so creative :)

padisneyfour
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I love the invites!!! They look amazing!!! You are so creative :)

Thanks!

lov2b@disney
02-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Great invites! Love the little crystal mickey! Welcome bags sound wonderful too!

padisneyfour
02-12-2008, 05:11 PM
thank you,,, they were fun to create and basically pretty simple thus far the printing will come later.

pink_tink8i8
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
LOVE all the sparkle first of all...and I love how you have the castle avatar in there on the bottom with the mickey ear rhinestone. It feels so "you-ish". The picture on the front of the invites coordinate with other things. how fun!

padisneyfour
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
The avatar /picture of castle is actually one we took on our visit last summer which I had made into a photo sticker. I liked it. Thanks they do sparkle and I liked that too.:goodvibes and I like things that match.....:)

padisneyfour
02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I realized I never post any pics of family so here are two quick ones from last vac. in jan. we ate at ohanas one day for breakfast.....

THis is Dh and oldest DD ( the purple hair is not hers.... pop star from BBB)

Then here is my youngest DD ,me and my mom.....

This was our first time at Ohanas and had a blast! (Wanted to see what it was like for possible future options. )Also went to Chef Mickeys for dinner.... more to come

shezfrombermuda
02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Just catching up on your PJ! Your welcome bag tags, door hangers and invitations are all great. Very creative!

padisneyfour
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks... all the projects have been fun! Thanks for reading!:)

padisneyfour
02-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Happy Valentines Day to ALL - enjoy with the ones you LOVE! :)

pink_tink8i8
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Awwww..your little DD is the mini version of you! she looks just like you and you look just like your mom! so cute.

padisneyfour
02-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I have been collecting some things. here is what I have so far....

This is the outside of the folder...
The mickey tags say welcome on the colored side and the other side is the sparkles.
Here are the items inside.....One folder per family.
Everyone will get one kind of special button. Each bag will have one door hanger. There will be a word search , scavenger hunt for each person with one set of answers. May include pressed penny search someone else mentioned( thanks figmentfan814 -still working on that) ,one pirate and one princess dollar per family, a postcard addressed to us for guests to share special moment they have and it will have proper postage attached , everyone will get a disney light up pen (will post later)and then of course brochures etc. still thinking about a few other possible items but nothing definite yet.

These folders will be in the tote bags that I posted before..

more to come....

Lisacope
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Your plans look great! I wish I had as much done as you!

padisneyfour
02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks.... I have had fun planning and creating!:goodvibes
Now I just have to get everything there!:rotfl:

pink_tink8i8
02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow! everthing is coming along so nicely for you :)
The folders look great :goodvibes

padisneyfour
02-17-2008, 08:19 AM
here are a few additional items I have for the welcome bags.....

and then I went down memory lane and found some old pictures: one is our engagement picture taken at Sears, a black and white wedding print(this was the one in the paper way back when) and then one of our cake. We had about 200 guests-mostly family at our wedding.

CutieBugNY
02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I love your clooection of items for your bags. I am currently working on the same kinds of things. What do your scavenger hunts say I was looking into the penny press thing as someone else recently posted but what do yours have? Just looking for ideas :goodvibes Thanks!

padisneyfour
02-17-2008, 11:07 AM
I love your clooection of items for your bags. I am currently working on the same kinds of things. What do your scavenger hunts say I was looking into the penny press thing as someone else recently posted but what do yours have? Just looking for ideas :goodvibes Thanks!
The scavenger hunts are from different places I found online then I added some of my own ideas and merged them all together. I made a brochure with 3 sections front and back. There is a general introduction and then The hunt has 5 categories : general wdw and then a section for each park (MK, Epcot, Studio and AK) there are roughly 15- 20 questions in each section. I also provided a separate brochure with the answers. An example of one question for Epcot is "what color is figments sweater on journey Into Imagination?", one for MK-"Where can you buy a bride?" etc. There are easier questions and then some harder questions too. Hope this helps. Have fun planning!

padisneyfour
02-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I have been reading quick lately and haven't posted too much. Anyway, I have the Lenox Mickey / Minnie ears and have started to print on them in gold lettering so I thought I would post that. This isn't all of them but a start:goodvibes .... I had thought about using black but I decided against it. I thought the gold would look better. What do you think of the gold?

padisneyfour
02-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh I had forgotten to post these before, but I ordered some of these so each family will get one.... I want to do a wishes cruise on the grand 1 and thought these would be given out then....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/wishuponastarbs.gif

I just plan on adding a tag with name and date myself.

lpizzuro123
02-25-2008, 12:53 PM
We are using the same Lenox Mickey and Minnie ears for our favors. I have not started putting the names on them either. The gold looks great. I am also deciding between gold and black. I have one ornament that has a chip in it so I am using that to do tests on. What type of pen did you use and what size was the tip? They look great.

Linda

lpizzuro123
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Also, how are you giving them out. We will be having between 50 and 60 people at our wedding. I was thinking of using them as table number cards. I would wrap the box and put a label on it with the persons name and table number. Not sure about this yet? What are your plans.

Linda

pjstevens
02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow, you are so on the ball. I am so excited for you. I wish we could have family and others with us to celebrate our vow renewal, but one at disney just wasn't in the budget, thus why we are doing the one on the Disney Wonder. I love all your ideas!

padisneyfour
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
We are using the same Lenox Mickey and Minnie ears for our favors. I have not started putting the names on them either. The gold looks great. I am also deciding between gold and black. I have one ornament that has a chip in it so I am using that to do tests on. What type of pen did you use and what size was the tip? They look great.

Linda

I think the pen was a perm. marker from Rose Art that I bought... I will have to check. As the how- I want to use them as place cards.... displaying each one on table for seating( haven't really given it any more thought than that yet. I loved the idea when I first saw it and have been lucky to be able to get the ones I have. Thanks for reading... good luck with your plans:)

padisneyfour
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Wow, you are so on the ball. I am so excited for you. I wish we could have family and others with us to celebrate our vow renewal, but one at disney just wasn't in the budget, thus why we are doing the one on the Disney Wonder. I love all your ideas!

Thanks... I have been having fun! I really want to do a cruise too someday( maybe for our 25th- DH isn't so keen on that yet....) anyway good luck with all your plans and thanks for reading. Congrats on your VR too!:)

Goldeelox9
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Where did you all get the Ornaments. I have only seen them for $25 a piece and I could never afford that! I love the Idea though!

padisneyfour
02-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I actually got 12 just awhile ago at an outlet in pa for less than $60.00 the others 13 I have accumulated here and there some at outlets, some on ebay my total cost for all 25 is approx. $140.00!:goodvibes My Dh wasn't to impressed until I showed him the cost on the internet to purchase from lenox! Someone else had used them as placecards before and I really liked that and loved them so I borrowed..... thanks for reading.:)

lpizzuro123
02-26-2008, 10:11 AM
To padisneyfour, thanks for the info on the pen. I also purchased my Lenox ears for a great price. They had them at the Lenox warehouse in Cranbury NJ. Unfortunately, they came without the box. I am going to get white boxes that I saw on a wedding website and have our names and date engraved on the box. What outlet did you get them in PA? I have enough of the Mickey (actually too many) but would love to get a few more Minnies.

Thanks,
Linda

Goldeelox9
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I know of two lenox Outlets....I must go check them out! $140 for 25 is a great Deal!

padisneyfour
02-26-2008, 01:27 PM
good luckpixiedust: .... I was so tickled when I found the last bunch in boxes etc. I really never thought I would manage to collect enough at a resonable price for me....:goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
LOVE the mickey ear ornaments :lovestruc they turned out great with the names on them too! I especially like the one for Sabrina. For a sec there I thought it was for me ;)

padisneyfour
02-26-2008, 06:27 PM
My niece would probably beg to differ with you;) ..... but really I think I am convinced that the gold is the better choice for me anyway. Thanks for reading.

padisneyfour
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
More family has commented about coming which brings a possible total to 30 w/o any friends we have discussed inviting so it looks like a wishes VR maybe in our future...have done alittle more looking at options for wishes and have some ideas of locations etc.... will have to wait and see.... I am actually excited about that prospect b/c I never imagined we would get the positive response we have. I realize some may change mind in the end but I never thought some would even consider WDW. We are really the only big disney people in our family :)

Goldeelox9
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Maybe the family arn't "Disney People" but know you are and love you enough to want to share the special day!:cutie:

pink_tink8i8
02-27-2008, 12:37 PM
That's so nice that you have received such a positive response from your family. Wishes will allow you to have more possibilities :goodvibes
I still have to wait and see, but I'm hoping mine will too because I'd love to have a bigger venue.

padisneyfour
02-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Well today after work,I drove by a bridal store and I actually went in , looked around and tried on a few dresses just to see... I never really went dress shopping when we got married because at that time I could not really afford to buy it myself and my parents couldn't either-oh they would have tried but my dad was ill then and money was tight, so I just decided to make my dress. Well for our VR I decided I want to buy a dress (not one that screams wedding though but something nice). To make a long story short, I just wanted to see for myself. I really had no particular dress I was looking for but found a few and tried them on, the lady was nice and helpful even after I explained I was just looking....nothing purchased just looked. A beginning....:goodvibes

keenercam
02-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I hope you had fun browsing for dresses! I have been loving the experience. I was so ready to be self-conscious becasue of my size and my age and the fact that this is a VR and instead it has been a dream experience. I hope you enjoy every minute of it! :hug:

padisneyfour
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank you. I sort of felt the same way( I am not 20 something anymore.... )It was a small store and not busy so that helped, but I explained to the sales woman what I was looking for I thought . she was great and said our plans sounded great and like so much fun, which helped.... all in all it was a nice experience for a first visit....

pink_tink8i8
02-29-2008, 12:55 PM
at least it is a start :goodvibes
what did the dresses look like?

padisneyfour
02-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I tried on several alfred angelo gowns ( some with color, some ivory)Most of the ones a tried on had trains and I really don't want a train or veil etc( if I wear anything in my hair it will probably be a tiara. ) So I will keep looking. I have seen a couple dresses from Mori Lee and Bonny I want to try on too.

pink_tink8i8
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm not familiar with bonny but I like alfred angelo and mori lee a lot. If there is a particular style that you like and it has a train I'd ask if you could get it without one. When my SIL got married we learned about all kinds of opt outs you can get for a dress.

Goldeelox9
03-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Bonny has some great dresses.....My Dress also has a train, but I am having it removed. Ohh Look at dresses by Mary's Bridal, or PC Mary's....They have alot of dresses with no trains!

padisneyfour
03-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm not familiar with bonny but I like alfred angelo and mori lee a lot. If there is a particular style that you like and it has a train I'd ask if you could get it without one. When my SIL got married we learned about all kinds of opt outs you can get for a dress.Thanks i will have to keep that in mind. The sales lady did mention that while I was at the store.

Bonny has some great dresses.....My Dress also has a train, but I am having it removed. Ohh Look at dresses by Mary's Bridal, or PC Mary's....They have alot of dresses with no trains!

Thanks. I will have to check those dresses out. Was your dress by bonny?

padisneyfour
03-01-2008, 11:44 AM
My dh favorite character is goofy.... anyway, I had gotten him a vest with goofy faces all over it awhile ago and then I found a solid colored tie with goofy in an outlined pattern( not all the bright colors I have usually seen) on it.... so pretty much he will be set with shirt on pants etc. My 2DDs are beginning to look for dresses they like when we go different places. I told them we won't buy for awhile but to see if there is a particular style they like. more to come...

Goldeelox9
03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
My Dress was by Bridal Originals....I think they are out of Business now, which is why I got mine at such a steal, like half off!

I did try on a few Bonny dresses and really like them though!

padisneyfour
03-09-2008, 12:27 AM
not doing much lately( alot of activities going on with DDs)but have been talking more specific about wishes options. Dh doesn't want early ceremony , found some crystals for shirts for DDs that say "bridesmaid" (these will be a surprise) and decided to make them a special keepsake card asking them to be a bridesmaid. Have some ideas will post later. Def plan on choosing two hotels for room block- not sure what resort yet. Looked at randys site too just for general info etc. versus Disney photographers. more to come....

padisneyfour
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
well since I have started looking at dresses my 2 dds have asked when they can... so far I said they could look but we wouldn't buy yet. To try and get them alittle more involved/make them feel a part of the process until then ,I decided to make them each a special card asking them to be a bridesmaid for our VR... here is a picture though the color is off( to make them more readable) on the inside I just printed a little saying that had to do with each character asking them to be a bridesmaid. here is a picture.... what do you think?

I also have crystal iron -ons to make them each a shirt.
general updates: We are def going to do a wishes VR. DH wants a noon ceremony. more to come...

newyearsbride
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Cute! I love the tinkerbell one :thumbsup2

padisneyfour
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks newyearsbride.:goodvibes

29apr00
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Great PJ already!! I'm planning my VR for April 2010 and you are WAY ahead of me! I've barely been able to get DH on board for it. I really need to work on a newsletter like that, so i can determine who, if anyone, is going to be coming with us! What a great idea!

Jennifer

padisneyfour
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
welcome 29Apr00 and have fun planning. I know I 've had fun! originally I had thought about an escape just because we didn't think too many people would be interested but we have been surprised by the number of people that are interested..... so we've decided on a wishes just because we can make it more of "us" with planning and the number of guests.... look forward to reading your plans:goodvibes

padisneyfour
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I know I am not in the actual planning process because I can't really talk to disney yet- even though I did call them once for general info, but I have been thinking about music, menu and phtography. I have actually looked at randys site and emailed him too. I would want him for pictures around the ceremony(before/after) at WP-DH wants a noon ceremony . after looking over some different PJ and TR , not really sure beyond that. Dh stated he would like ceremony inside and the rest outside. I really want a dp party too! Not sure what locations are open for outside meals or how timing would work with noon ceremony. we are "guestimating" for 25-30 people.:confused3 Thinking can be dangerous.any input would be appreciated.Thanks for reading.

SailorsPrincess
03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
All of the work you have done for your VR is wonderful! Everything looks great (I really like the gold writing on the lenox too!)

padisneyfour
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you. I really liked the gold on the Lenox too!:goodvibes I have had fun with everything.... I have been able to start alot of things or at least palnning things for now but with two DDs that could change any time.enjoy your planning too!

padisneyfour
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I got in touch with randy..... yeah! :banana: He provided some helpful info regarding deposit etc.... Photography is important to me especially around the ceremony because at our wedding the photographer had double booked himself and though we got pictures of the ceremony etc... that always stuck in my mind because the photographer actually arrived and then left and then came back- Unfortunately We didn't find this out until he was leaving for the first time and stated he would be back!:eek: So I have always felt like the photography was missing something.

Also, I found a store that is close by that carries the dress really want to try on.... down the line, but at least I won't have too travel far.:yay:

padisneyfour
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I have decided to order bouquet jewels for my 2 DDs for the ceremony. I am getting each one the first letter of their name... and its free shipping ( so saved a little $) :goodvibes

Here is a picture from the site I ordered them from.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/bouquetjewels.jpg

padisneyfour
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I plan on going dress looking later this week with my mom and my 2 DDs( both DDs want to wear flip flops with hidden mickeys on them), plan on making a few updates to the mickey fan prototype/sample from earlier to see if something could work(will still be using them for sure). actually spoke with randy/Linda again about deposit. I am still thinking of having him for the 3 hour package around the ceremony.Thats all for now. Thanks for reading. more to come.

lov2b@disney
03-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Love the bouquet jewels! Flip flops would be cute! My boys are going to wear black mickey crocs with their tuxes! They just loath the shiny black shoes- so I thought why not crocs! Money better spent!

padisneyfour
03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
so true about the money, Crocs can be worn again.That was the girls second choice....I will probably wear them after them ceremony- heals do me in:goodvibes

Starr W.
03-18-2008, 11:40 AM
I know I am not in the actual planning process because I can't really talk to disney yet- even though I did call them once for general info, but I have been thinking about music, menu and phtography. I have actually looked at randys site and emailed him too. I would want him for pictures around the ceremony(before/after) at WP-DH wants a noon ceremony . after looking over some different PJ and TR , not really sure beyond that. Dh stated he would like ceremony inside and the rest outside. I really want a dp party too! Not sure what locations are open for outside meals or how timing would work with noon ceremony. we are "guestimating" for 25-30 people.:confused3 Thinking can be dangerous.any input would be appreciated.Thanks for reading.

Your plans are coming along great. I've thought about calling DFTW, what kind of general info did you ask for? I feel kind of silly calling about our VR since it's so far off, but I'd like to know about other than the "standard locations".

The food and music are very important to us too. My DH wants an outside ceremony though. I'm not sure on the DP because we watch Illuminations about every trip(I've seen it 3 times in 2 months Nov-Jan). DH likes Fantasmic better or thinks Janet2k's pictures of her Wishes DP at the GF look like more fun.

I haven't been keeping up with your PJ, are you doing any welcome meals? DH is pretty much set on a welcome dinner and farewell brunch. I'd like to do a girls party over at the Gardenview Tea Room. Plus we'd like to share our favorite WDW things with everyone. :headache:

Need to concentrate on my packing list, as we're leaving for DVC Vero Beach on Saturday. Warm and Sunny, I can't wait.

padisneyfour
03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
I went to the web and clicked to have them call and they did- pretty much right away. explained I was looking down the line, they gave general info about wishes vs. escape( then we were leaning towards escape) and then just rec. the booklet with cd( multiple times actually since then too). They stated only wishes brides have planning session and site visit , but we could visits sites on our own - if not being used. Thats about it I think. they were nice and said to contact them closer to my actual date etc.... as for welcome dinner etc we have thought about that but not sure yet. we also want to share some of the best /favorites of disney per se with our families because some have not been there and this will likely be their only trip. I would really like to use the grand 1 for wishes too but haven't figured out that yet! have fun on your trip- enjoy the warmth!

29apr00
03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I've looked at a few dresses, so far nothing has jumped out at me. Most are too "wedding"-y for me. I just want a simple white/ivory short dress, maybe strapless or spaghetti straps, almost like a beach wedding type dress. I have no idea what to have the kids wear, as they are both too small now to worry about it. Dh....i'm sure he'll want to wear jeans and a tshirt. :confused3

I still can't believe how much you have done already!! You go girl!!!

Jennifer

padisneyfour
03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I totally understand the dress thing, I am still very much looking at this point. My DDs on the other hand are ready to buy but I said not yet- just looking. Anyway, as for my plans so far I just figure everything I can get done and paid now will be less later on....

Starr W.
03-18-2008, 03:31 PM
I've looked at a few dresses, so far nothing has jumped out at me. Most are too "wedding"-y for me. I just want a simple white/ivory short dress, maybe strapless or spaghetti straps, almost like a beach wedding type dress. I have no idea what to have the kids wear, as they are both too small now to worry about it. Dh....i'm sure he'll want to wear jeans and a tshirt. :confused3

I still can't believe how much you have done already!! You go girl!!!

Jennifer

I know what you mean and I found a lot of the "destination" dresses to be a little low cut in the front. I'm not a prude, but I don't find it appropriate to wear in front of a minister.

My current favorite is a Mori Lee strapless(with a lace bolero jacket) cocktail length lace dress(DH actually has an opinion on what I should wear:scared1: ).

29apr00
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I found an Alfred Angelo one that I like.

You've inspired me!! After our trip in May i'm going to start my PJ and seriously work on getting started on this!! I did make a newsletter, but i don't like the format of it. I need to redo my tutoiral on Photoshop Elements! :rotfl:

Goldeelox9
03-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I think the flip flops are a great idea!

padisneyfour
03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
thanks, it was my oldest DD idea. She could live in flip flops- actually one year at school she was called" flip flop girl.' by a teacher who realized my younger DD was her sister. I believe the comment was"you are flip flop girls sister" and that didn't go over so well. Don't get me wrong I like to wear flip flops too. flip flops aren't bad if you live where it's warm all year but in NW pa it snows( alot at times) and thats the only time she puts the flip flops away! to be young....:rotfl:

Goldeelox9
03-19-2008, 12:39 PM
I wear flip flops from March until November and I am Baltimore. LOL I am actually working at my first job ever that wont let me wear them here....Thank god for Crocs...The flip flops sister shoe! LOL

newyearsbride
03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I wear flipflops about 10-11 months out of the year! It's on the warmer side in SC, so I can get away with it, but I'm addicted to my Rainbows :)

padisneyfour
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
That would be like my DD if she could get away with wearing them when the snow flies, instead she will wear crocs.....:confused3

I am also working on tweaking(sp?) our mickey fan ... will post details and updated pictures when get one done. I really hope what I am trying to do will work.... more to come

pink_tink8i8
03-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm just catching up on your pj. As usual everything looks great! You are WAY ahead of me on stuff and I'm supposed to be getting married in 16 months :lovestruc I love your bridesmaid cards! Adorable! I wish I would have got a card like that when I was asked. By the way, where did you get your ticker??? I love that tinkerbell ends up at the castle at the end. :lovestruc I'm also all about the flip flops. SOOO comfortable.

padisneyfour
03-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I was pleased with the cards and I think my DDs will be too- haven't given them out yet. I plan on sending them in the mail down the line with a special surprise too( easter is now and my oldest DD b day is next month along with DH) so it will be after that....

mini update.... I tried on a few dresses today but neither one was really what I wanted, both were nice and the one was on sale but not what I wanted. the dress I hoped they had wasn't there ....

the bouquet jewels I sent away for my DDs bouquets were shipped so they should be coming soon... I hope when they arrive that they look as nice as they do in the picture.:goodvibes

roozlilone
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Well today after work,I drove by a bridal store and I actually went in , looked around and tried on a few dresses just to see... I never really went dress shopping when we got married because at that time I could not really afford to buy it myself and my parents couldn't either-oh they would have tried but my dad was ill then and money was tight, so I just decided to make my dress. Well for our VR I decided I want to buy a dress (not one that screams wedding though but something nice). To make a long story short, I just wanted to see for myself. I really had no particular dress I was looking for but found a few and tried them on, the lady was nice and helpful even after I explained I was just looking....nothing purchased just looked. A beginning....:goodvibes

Love the flip flop and croc idea (My 8-year-old, Hannah, would wear crocs to our VR if I let her, it's the only thing she wears)

I wanted you to know, I felt the exact same way when I started looking for a dress! It felt awkward and weird when I walked in (not being in my 20s either :rotfl: ), not that it's only 20 year olds getting married, but it sure felt that way at some of the bridal stores! I didn't want anyone to think I wasn't married. But I didn't want any judgement like....why is she shopping for a wedding dress for just a vow renewal? But once I got started, it dawned on my, it's OK for me to buy a wedding dress even though I've been happily married for 15 years! :hug: This is a special time for us and it's okay to buy the dress I wanted, no matter how much it screamed "wedding!" So have fun looking and you will know when you find the right one!

Keep the plans coming! They're great! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Love the flip flop and croc idea (My 8-year-old, Hannah, would wear crocs to our VR if I let her, it's the only thing she wears)

I wanted you to know, I felt the exact same way when I started looking for a dress! It felt awkward and weird when I walked in (not being in my 20s either :rotfl: ), not that it's only 20 year olds getting married, but it sure felt that way at some of the bridal stores! I didn't want anyone to think I wasn't married. But I didn't want any judgement like....why is she shopping for a wedding dress for just a vow renewal? But once I got started, it dawned on my, it's OK for me to buy a wedding dress even though I've been happily married for 15 years! :hug: This is a special time for us and it's okay to buy the dress I wanted, no matter how much it screamed "wedding!" So have fun looking and you will know when you find the right one!

Keep the plans coming! They're great! :goodvibes

Thank you ....:goodvibes

padisneyfour
03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
The ones I ordered for my DDs flowers came today- I was really surprised how fast! They are pretty and sparkly!:goodvibes The girls both liked them too. Here is a picture of them on a bouquet my one DD had. The picture isn't the best but they are very pretty !

DH's brother also let us know he and his family are interested in coming too- that brings total of people we know want to come to 30! Thanks for reading.

29apr00
03-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Ohh I like that! Very cute! Are the initals yours and DH, or the girls??

padisneyfour
03-22-2008, 09:30 PM
They each will have the first letter of their name- a keepsake for them maybe I can turn them into pins/ necklace down the line...
I may order one for my bouquet as well.
The part that goes into the bouquet is quite long, so it would need to be removed/shortened at least.

Goldeelox9
03-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Where did you order them from.....They are great!

padisneyfour
03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I ordered off the following site.... there is free shipping until end of april I think. The two were approx. $25.00 listed in monograms. I think they are pretty too!:goodvibes I was pleased when they came. It only took 5 days maybe from when I ordered.

http://www.bouquetjewels.com/

padisneyfour
03-27-2008, 09:05 AM
well I have been working on my tweaked mickey fan idea and I think it will work, but still a work in progress. I will post when completed. Dh and I have been discussing locations we are interested in. We pretty much have it narrowed down to what we would like. Currently planning on just immediate family which brings us to 27. Started thinking about room block and what hotels/resorts to include, planning on just picking two. Sort of have an idea where we think most will stay.more to come....Thanks for reading

lov2b@disney
03-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Love the bouquet jewels!:cutie:

padisneyfour
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok I have done alot of "practical" type of things I want included in our VR and have got some little extras for DH and 2 DDs. well now I am faced with a dilemma. I think I have found the dress and I am basically fretting over purchasing it( and its really not even the price-just the idea of doing it -actually buying it). I feel rather silly but I don't spend on myself and I am really feeling like oh my gosh can I really do this.... thats sounds silly but I am not sure I can really spend money on a dress for me (if it was for my dds that would be different- I think).... I guess I just need to vent a little and get over it. I didn't purchase my original gown( I made it) so this is really a first for me 18 years (almost 20 years) after the fact. I'm sorry if this sounds silly to some or all of you but I am using this board to sort of journal my way through everything. Am I crazy to want to do this let alone actually do the whole VR? The money could be spent on other things or saved for other things- I just feel a little unsure I guess. am I crazy to want to do this ;do we ( I) even deserve to spend the money on this......Just doubting today.....:confused3

M&M126
03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok I have done alot of "practical" type of things I want included in our VR and have got some little extras for DH and 2 DDs. well now I am faced with a dilemma. I think I have found the dress and I am basically fretting over purchasing it( and its really not even the price-just the idea of doing it -actually buying it). I feel rather silly but I don't spend on myself and I am really feeling like oh my gosh can I really do this.... thats sounds silly but I am not sure I can really spend that can of money on a dress (if it was for my dds that would be different- I think).... I guess I just need to vent a little and get over it. I didn't purchase my original gown( I made it) so this is really a first for me 18 years (almost 20 years) after the fact. I'm sorry if this sounds silly to some or all of you but I am using this board to sort of journal my way through everything. Am I crazy to want to do this let alone actually do the whole VR? The money could be spent on other things or saved for other things- I just feel a little unsure I guess. am I crazy to want to do this do; we ( I) even deserve to spend the money on this......Just doubting today.....:confused3

Hi there! I havent posted on your PJ before, but I've been catching up today. I completely understand the feeling that maybe the money would be better spent elsewhere. I actually went through this multiple times during planning my wedding. However, in the end I finally decided that it was something I really wanted. Life is so short and you should make the most of each day you have. Who knows when you might get another chance to plan something this special for you and family again?! I say just go for it. Make those special memories that you will remember forever...that's what lifes about after all :goodvibes

29apr00
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I am in the same boat. Everytime i think about getting something for this VR, i think of something for the kids i could buy. Just the cost of the VR itself, nothing else, will pay for 1 yr at a private school for DD. A new dress for myself will be about $300-400, plus shoes. Dress and clothes for DH, DD and DS, another $300-400. Then the cost of the vacation, and everything we'll need for the trip, plus all the extra's for the VR. We're looking at over $10K!! And that's just an escape package on the Cruise! It's really hard to justify putting that towards something "frivolous" for me.

So then i have to think about what this is showing DD and DS. Look at all her friends parents, look at what they see on TV, gesh just looks at their grandparents and aunts and uncles. :headache: Not to get all storybook and fantasty like, but we have something special here, and it needs to be celebrated. Not only is this VR for DH and I, but it's for our children. To show them that marriage can work, and that two people can form a lasting life together. And this is our reward for it.:love: :love: :love:

jennifer

padisneyfour
03-31-2008, 06:49 AM
I am in the same boat. Everytime i think about getting something for this VR, i think of something for the kids i could buy. Just the cost of the VR itself, nothing else, will pay for 1 yr at a private school for DD. A new dress for myself will be about $300-400, plus shoes. Dress and clothes for DH, DD and DS, another $300-400. Then the cost of the vacation, and everything we'll need for the trip, plus all the extra's for the VR. We're looking at over $10K!! And that's just an escape package on the Cruise! It's really hard to justify putting that towards something "frivolous" for me.

So then i have to think about what this is showing DD and DS. Look at all her friends parents, look at what they see on TV, gesh just looks at their grandparents and aunts and uncles. :headache: Not to get all storybook and fantasty like, but we have something special here, and it needs to be celebrated. Not only is this VR for DH and I, but it's for our children. To show them that marriage can work, and that two people can form a lasting life together. And this is our reward for it.:love: :love: :love:

jennifer

Ok after venting my fears yesterday, I talked with DH and his response was* we are doing this for us and the kids...." so thats where we stand." Thanks for the support and responses. I just needed to hear that I wasn't crazy for wanting this. thanks for reading.:)

29apr00
03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Good response from your DH! Good luck with the planning!

pink_tink8i8
03-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Ok I have done alot of "practical" type of things I want included in our VR and have got some little extras for DH and 2 DDs. well now I am faced with a dilemma. I think I have found the dress and I am basically fretting over purchasing it( and its really not even the price-just the idea of doing it -actually buying it). I feel rather silly but I don't spend on myself and I am really feeling like oh my gosh can I really do this.... thats sounds silly but I am not sure I can really spend money on a dress for me (if it was for my dds that would be different- I think).... I guess I just need to vent a little and get over it. I didn't purchase my original gown( I made it) so this is really a first for me 18 years (almost 20 years) after the fact. I'm sorry if this sounds silly to some or all of you but I am using this board to sort of journal my way through everything. Am I crazy to want to do this let alone actually do the whole VR? The money could be spent on other things or saved for other things- I just feel a little unsure I guess. am I crazy to want to do this ;do we ( I) even deserve to spend the money on this......Just doubting today.....:confused3

You DESERVE the dress! I think you should get it! it's not every day you celebrate your 20 anniversary! If the money is not a problem, go for it! You should feel and dress like a princess on your big day!!!!!!

padisneyfour
03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
I found it and its been ordered! It was on sale too! Its an alfred angelo! will post more later. :goodvibes:cool1:

29apr00
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
OOOOOOH i can't wait to see it!! You go girl!

Keira1387
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Oohh.. Post pictures of the dress soon! Can't wait to see it!

padisneyfour
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM
this is the picture from a website.... when I tried it on it was on a whim because I really didn't think I would like it and it wasn't what I thought wanted-a little fancier than I had imagined/thought, but when I tried it on I knew! The dress is ivory, dh will wear ivory shirt. I am not wearing a veil maybe a tiara.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/dress.jpg

I never thought I would find a dress, let alone one I wanted and on sale too ( it was approx. 50% off). Yeah me and my bank account!

pjstevens
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM
this is the picture from a website.... when I tried it on it was on a whim because I really didn't think I would like it and it wasn't what I thought wanted-a little fancier than I had imagined/thought, but when I tried it on I knew! The dress is ivory, dh will wear ivory shirt. I am not wearing a veil maybe a tiara.

I never thought I would find a dress, let alone one I wanted and on sale too ( it was approx. 50% off). Yeah me and my bank account!

It's beautiful!!! So glad you finally decided YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!

padisneyfour
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
:goodvibes Thank you.:goodvibes

dalepool
04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
The Dress is Beautiful. I love the the sleeves-- they look like something a Princess would wear. Very elegant. It is just lovely. Grats on getting such a beautiful dress at a sale price.

Beep
04-01-2008, 02:45 AM
That is a lovely dress, very elegant.

I'm glad you decided to go for it :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
The Dress is Beautiful. I love the the sleeves-- they look like something a Princess would wear. Very elegant. It is just lovely. Grats on getting such a beautiful dress at a sale price.

Thank you :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 06:31 AM
That is a lovely dress, very elegant.

I'm glad you decided to go for it :goodvibes

It was a big thing for me to buy the dress, but I do love it and I am glad I did it! Thanks very much for the response.:goodvibes

29apr00
04-01-2008, 07:33 AM
WOW great dress!! It's beautiful! And 50% off too! Great bargin!

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
THANKS! :goodvibes I loved the dress and couldn't pass up the price, either!:goodvibes I never imagined myself buying a dress like this, and I do truly appreciate everyones responses! Thanks for reading!

keenercam
04-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Oh, WOW! That is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you! How wonderful that you found something so beautiful and at a great discount! Did you have to order it? Or do you have it in your hands? I can't imagine having your dream dress hanging in a closet and being able to look at it all the time. :banana: Congratulations! Can't wait to see pix of you in it! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Its on order so I will be anticipating its delivery..... Will post more pics when arrives!:goodvibes I just hope DH and family likes too!

keenercam
04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Its on order so I will be anticipating its delivery..... Will post more pics when arrives!:goodvibes I just hope DH and family likes too!

I am sure they will love it! I really love seeing "brides" in their dresses -- there is a kind of "glow" when a woman is dressed in something that makes her feel truly beautiful and special. :cloud9: I am sure your family will take one look at your face in the gown and know that it is perfect for you! :cutie:

pink_tink8i8
04-01-2008, 09:14 AM

that's a very pretty dress!!! :goodvibes I love the airiness of it. the sleeves kind of remind me of a fairy. Perhaps tinkerbell ;)

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
that's a very pretty dress!!! :goodvibes I love the airiness of it. the sleeves kind of remind me of a fairy. Perhaps tinkerbell ;)

The dress was very airy and light and felt that way. I liked the sleeves too. There are crystals on the sleeve edges that sparkle.Thanks for reading....:goodvibes

roozlilone
04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Congrats on ordering your dress! I'm so proud of you. You deserve it. It's sooooo....pretty! :lovestruc I just love Alfred Angelo dresses, mine is an Alfred Angelo too. They look more expensive then they are....want to see more pics! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I will post more pics in the future. I appreciate all the positive responses.:goodvibes

Goldeelox9
04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Love it!!It was one that was on my list of dresses I loved! I can't wait to see you in it!!! :bride:

Keira1387
04-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Wonderful choice! You are going to look BEAUTIFUL!

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Love it!!It was one that was on my list of dresses I loved! I can't wait to see you in it!!! :bride:
Thank you:goodvibes .... I really did fall in love with it and I am excited( seems sort of funny saying that, but I am) will post pics in future....:goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Wonderful choice! You are going to look BEAUTIFUL!
I like saying that:goodvibes ! Thanks I hope so. I know It felt wonderful when I tried it on. I have no pictures because that was a day I went looking alone, but I will get them after it arrives. Thanks so much for all the positive responses! thanks for reading....:goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
04-02-2008, 07:37 PM
HOW EXCITING:cool1: :cool1:

padisneyfour
04-05-2008, 10:11 AM
We have decided def on randy for pix talked with him about dep how early etc. Dh also wants to have goofy at reception so will probably have goofy and minnie. our estimated guest number is 27-28 range. dh also wants chocolate cake....still working on new fan prototype will post in future. dress has been ordered no def del. date yet) Have all the lenox mickey ears now ( had been needing two minnie, but found them) thats all for now.... thanks for reading:goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Randy is amazing, I booked him for my wedding..

padisneyfour
04-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes I totally agree about randys work I have seen- I knew I wanted to use him so I am happy dh agreed. :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
04-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats on going with randy!!! your pics will be amazing. You have the same number of guests as me. How fun! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-13-2008, 09:13 AM
sent deposit to randy. talked with bridal shop- dress will be shipped this week! I feel a little silly being excited about the dress, but I didn't buy my original gown ( I made it) so I was excited about buying one for our VR and it was a pretty big decision for me...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/motheroftwo/dress.jpg
I have no clue on shoes,jewelry etc for ceremony but have plenty of time. shoes will def. be low/flats then with flip flops with hidden mickeys of course for after the ceremony. more to come....

Lisacope
04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Congrats on buying your dress! I think you will look beautiful in it!

Lynn5700
04-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Beautiful dress!!!! You can't go wrong with Randy :)

padisneyfour
04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Congrats on buying your dress! I think you will look beautiful in it!
Beautiful dress!!!! You can't go wrong with Randy :)

Thanks for the kind words... I am very excited about having randy for pixs!:goodvibes

Mrsdisneyb2b
04-14-2008, 11:41 AM
love thebag and the idea. I am still confused with what ill be doing

padisneyfour
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
love thebag and the idea. I am still confused with what ill be doing
Thanks. There are loads of ideas here I am sure you will figure out what works for you.

Mini update. I saw some cute silver ballet flats today at local walmart, not exactly cinderella but close. They were about $13.00 and seemed to fit pretty well when I tried them on. I may invest in a pair for the ceremony and have the mickey flip flops for afterwards

shezfrombermuda
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Beautiful dress! I booked Randy as well!

padisneyfour
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Beautiful dress! I booked Randy as well!

Thank you. I am excited about the dress coming and getting to try it on again at home and get some pictures....

padisneyfour
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
with all the talk about petal cones.... I have made a sample one using the word directions another bride posted. Turned out pretty well will post pix later. Now just have to find the petals....:goodvibes

lov2b@disney
04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
with all the talk about petal cones.... I have made a sample one using the word directions another bride posted. Turned out pretty well will post pix later. Now just have to find the petals....:goodvibes

I have asked Laura from floral to give me a quote to put petals in cones- let you know once I get it!

padisneyfour
04-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I have asked Laura from floral to give me a quote to put petals in cones- let you know once I get it!

sandy that would be great! Thank you!:goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
here is my first attempt.... just used regular paper, silk petals and curling ribbon to give it a try. I am thinking red petals with blue or gold organdy (a little wider than sample) ribbon tied around cone..... I just used the word format another bride mentioned. Also will make monogram opposite color of ribbon either blue or gold.what do you think?
front side

back side

working on a better sample. they are more like packets than cones but are flat for easier packing....more to come.

Mrsdisneyb2b
04-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I really like the idea of adding the castle!!!! I wish i would have seen them before i printed mine!!

Lynn5700
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Good job!!! They look beautiful :)

29apr00
04-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Great job! You are so talented! I'm impressed with all you have done! But i'm going to be catching up soon! ;)

jennifer

oh yeah, can you PM me that file for making the cones, also if you have the format for the mickey fan? I want to show DH some of this stuff to see what he says.

pink_tink8i8
04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
The cones look great! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Good job!!! They look beautiful :)The cones look great! :goodvibes
Thanks everyone! I used different ribbon(organdy blue and some gold) on another one and they look fancier. I will post a new picture later on....

padisneyfour
04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I really like the idea of adding the castle!!!! I wish i would have seen them before i printed mine!!

Thanks. I used the castle as part of a logo idea....

padisneyfour
04-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Great job! You are so talented! I'm impressed with all you have done! But i'm going to be catching up soon! ;)

jennifer

oh yeah, can you PM me that file for making the cones, also if you have the format for the mickey fan? I want to show DH some of this stuff to see what he says.
you will have to let me know how they work out for you, if you do use them... good luck!:goodvibes

padisneyfour
04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I had been deciding if I would wear a tiara or not but after a mtg today( I am out of town for work) I went to michaels to kill some time and I found a tiara marked way down(originally $45.00 marked down to $7.00)....It is crystal and pearls in the shape of flowers(picking up on the floral details in my dress and I thought it would look pretty) and for that price I couldn't pass it up....:goodvibes ! I will post a picture after I get home. My dress is scheduled to arrive thursday so I am excited to get home. :yay:

29apr00
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
I can't wait to see pics of the dress and tiara together!

pink_tink8i8
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
congratz on the excellent find! can't wait to see it :goodvibes

keenercam
04-22-2008, 10:15 AM
WOW! What an awesome find! Can't wait to see pix! OMG! I'll bet you are so excited about your dress! :banana:

Lynn5700
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Great find!!! Good for you :)

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't wait to see pics of the dress and tiara together!

I am excited too! I think it will look fine but until you see it.....will just have to wait a little while longer
:yay:

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
WOW! What an awesome find! Can't wait to see pix! OMG! I'll bet you are so excited about your dress! :banana:

well here are a couple of pics thought they aren't the best you can at least get the idea.... I thought it was pretty

And yes I am EXCITED about my dress.... its hard waiting even more so now because I want to see how the tiara and dress look together.....

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
congratz on the excellent find! can't wait to see it :goodvibes
Not the best pic but will do for now. will try to get a better one.... too much light. The middle of the flowers are pearls clustered together and then the flowers are the crystals. the band has both pearls and crystals alternating around it. I thought it was pretty and sparkled and for the price I couldn't pass it up. What do you think?

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Great find!!! Good for you :)Thank you.
I was happy , I am excited to see how it looks with the dress.....:goodvibes

keenercam
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Very pretty! That was such a great bargain and I can't wait to see it with the dress! Don't you just LOVE sparkly things! :lovestruc Your dress is due to arrive Thursday, right? I'll bet you can't wait! :banana:

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Very pretty! That was such a great bargain and I can't wait to see it with the dress! Don't you just LOVE sparkly things! :lovestruc Your dress is due to arrive Thursday, right? I'll bet you can't wait! :banana:
Thanks. I thought it was pretty! Yes my dress should arrive thursday! I can hardly wait....

roozlilone
04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
WOW! Fantastic buy, beautiful tiara!!! Can't wait to see the dress with it! :banana:

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
WOW! Fantastic buy, beautiful tiara!!! Can't wait to see the dress with it! :banana:

Thank you. I love to find good buys and this was pretty too! Every penny saved adds up.... all to be spent in the end I am sure:rolleyes1 but worth every penny! At least I hope.....;)

Keira1387
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I love your tiara! What a great deal!!!!

padisneyfour
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I love your tiara! What a great deal!!!!

Thanks.... I think it will go nicely with the dress( that I am waiting ever so patiently for- NOT);) and the price was nice too!