PDA

View Full Version : POP then Cruise then One More Night

hockeywidow
01-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiya,

We're staying at POP May 22 - June 1, then hoping on a cruise for a week. Then, we have to stay one more night before catching our flight home.

By the time we get back into WDW, it'll be just after lunch. Do you think it makes sense to overnight back at POP or one of the other WDW resorts? I was thinking maybe of doing downtown Disney so maybe staying at POFQ?

Or I should i just make my way back to a hotel near the airport and just relax by the pool for the afternoon/evening?

What do you think?

PA Princess
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
We did Disney and then a cruise last fall and we will be doing that again this fall as well. The only advantage I can see to perhaps doing Disney after the cruise and specifically staying at Pop again, would be if they allowed you to leave some of your luggage at the hotel while on the cruise.

Now perhaps you will simply do laundry or you are a light packer and storing luggage is no big deal. We have 4 kids and I refuse to do laundry on vacation, so it is an issue for us. Last trip we rented a car to drive from WDW to the port (cheaper than shuttle with our party number). It was only a 3 night cruise, so we parked the rental and stored our extra bags in the van. This worked really well for us. Our next cruise is a 5 night cruise, so I will have to crunch the numbers to see how much we will be paying for luggage storing and if it is worth it.

Luggage storage aside, I would probably just choose a hotel near the air port with a nice pool area and relax. Happy planning!