PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Drinking Glasses Expose

gqchicago
01-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Ewwww....one more thing not to touch or use in a hotel room...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1329217643?bctid=

major
01-17-2008, 04:58 AM
That is gross ...yuk!!!:sad2: :sad1: :sad2:

Lucky'sMom
01-17-2008, 05:56 AM
If anyone thinks these are isolated cases...you're wrong I'm afraid! I work for a major upscale hotel chain, and the sister of one of my associates was working at our hotel for a while. She told me that her sister (who worked in housekeeping) would use dirty washcloths off of the floor to just wipe out the glasses and put them back. Think about where those dirty washcloths have been! That's even worse than just spraying them with the blue stuff! I only use the real glasses if it's a villa with a dishwasher in the room and I know they're clean. But, ugh, it makes you wonder what else we don't know.... :confused3

SnowWtch
01-17-2008, 07:50 AM
That's why I always bring our own mugs that can be used for hot or cold drinks.

spiceycat
01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
okay so now add washing the mugs and glasses before using.

sometimes you wonder if these poor maids can even read.

gqchicago
01-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Plastic cups only from now on, the disposable ones! I travel a lot on business for work... this just grosses me out....

Don't touch:

the bedspread
the remote
the phone
the glasses..

:sick:

Funwith4kids
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Plastic cups only from now on, the disposable ones! I travel a lot on business for work... this just grosses me out....

Don't touch:

the bedspread
the remote
the phone
the glasses..

:sick:

Had to laugh with this...Sounds exactly like the instructions my wife gives the kids and me walking into the hotel room.....:thumbsup2 One night stays on the road get a 30 minute wipe down while the kids and I waste time and check out the lobby, pool, etc...

One week stays at condos get the full treatment: strip beds, wash linens,towels, clean bathrooms, run dishwasher, wipe down lightswitches,.....kids and I hit the grocery store and by the time we get back we never knew what happened.....:laughing: Don't want to ruin a vacation with sick ones. :thumbsup2

PhotobearSam
01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Ewwwwww...

We own a motel and I never even considered using real glasses in our rooms because the cost of the Dishwasher needed to meet health code here is really expensive. And since we are seasonal, we thought plastic covered in a sealed bag was the way to go...

This is just yuck. I bring lysol spray and do the remotes and light switches and bathrooms...Now I am thinking I need to do more.

daly7o9
01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
I saw this expose' just before we went for a weekend at the WL. While there, I made it a point to glance at the carts that the Mousekeeping staff uses when cleaning the rooms. I was relieved to see multiple trays of clean looking glasses. Hopefully, this meant that they were cleaned adequately before being placed in the room.:scared1:

sympatico
01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm all for cleanliness but what about all the door handles, shopping cart handles, handrails on rides and monorails etc, money, and whatever else. There's germs all over the place and you can get a little paranoid about the whole thing if you let yourself.
Come on guys don't you all clean your toilets and drinking glasses at the same time. :scared1: :rotfl:

MagicKingdom05
01-21-2008, 12:04 PM
That does make you think twice about the glasses. This is why we are bringing some germ X towelets on our trip to WDW.

Brian Noble
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Meh. I don't get too worked up about it. I've been drinking out of hotel glasses for years, and it hasn't killed me yet. Neither has the bedspread, the door handle, the remote, or anything else.

At least, as far as I know. ;)