PDA

View Full Version : Erin and Jarrett’s PJ---new Misty photos

babiebelle
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Since I’ve spent the past 2 nights up until 12:30 reading planning journals, I finally decided to admit that I’m addicted and try my own.

The Proposal :love:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/2007-12-18disney_0067-1.jpg
Unfortunately, I wasn’t always a Disney fanatic. I met my fiancé 3 years ago, and he quickly transformed me. We planned a trip after 6 months of dating, and I knew I was hooked. Standing at the Boardwalk, we took in our last few moments of the trip. I asked Jarrett to promise me that we’d come back. He promised, and we’ve made 9 trips down since. Our most recent was this past December, and I stood in front of my hunny watching Wishes from Main Street. I tried to not let the screaming child in the distance ruin that moment, and I stood there… elated. Jarrett had his arms wrapped around me, and then I noticed his heart beating… LOUDLY. I thought that was odd, and then he took his one hand down. I reached for his arm, trying to pull it back around me, but he refused. The next thing I knew, he was down on his knee proposing. I of course said “YES!” atleast 15 times, cause I couldn’t remember if the word was actually coming out of my mouth or if I was imagining it. The ring was a tad too big, so I wrapped a Cinderella band-aid around it, showing it proudly. We quickly got buttons announcing our engagement, but unfortunately, they don’t make “Just Engaged” buttons. After several people congratulated us on our recent “marriage”, I insisted that we sharpie out the “just” and write “almost”. People still didn’t get it. Anyway, it was the single most magical night of my life. We had the rest of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party to just smile and enjoy our night. However, I felt like a 5 year old on Halloween. I seriously could not sit still. Moments after the ring was on my hand and the phone calls were made, I was carted onto The Carousel of Progress… and I love that ride… but I kept asking Jarrett questions like, “Did you ask my dad?” “What did he say?” “How long have you had the ring?” After many “shhhh’s” surfaced through the crowd, I realized that I had become that person I hate who ruins the ride for everyone. So I tried… incredibly hard… to sit still. But in all honesty, I just stared at my ring. I’m rambling now, so I’ll move on.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/2007-12-18disney_0069.jpg

We’re not in Kansas anymore
As soon as we boarded the plane… more like the flight from you know where… in which the flight attendant actually went on the intercom saying “in case of an emergency landing, do not get up for your overhead baggage,” I quickly realized that I was not in Disney anymore. People don’t care that you’re wearing pins declaring your engagement. People don’t notice that you’re so in love. And you definitely don’t have cast members congratulating you. Now I realize why I go through depression every time I come back. Needless to say, I knew instantly, I wanted back in my Disney bubble, and therefore had no choice but to surround myself with Disney wedding planning. So I thank all of you who have kept me in my bubble with your wonderful planning journals. Of course, I should also blame you for my lack of sleep, but I’m new here, and it probably wouldn’t be a great first impression.

More about Erin and Jarrett
Believe it or not, I’m sort of a groupie, but that word reminds me too much of Almost Famous :hippie: . Jarrett is the singer/songwriter of a band. I went to watch my brother’s band at a show in Sterling, Virginia, in Jan. 2005. I noticed the cute lead singer of the band who played before his and was in awe. I sat there, trying to look cute, hoping he’d come up to me. Unfortunately, that never happened, and I kicked myself for not making a move. After my brother was done playing, and Jarrett’s band had left, my brother said to me, “hey, the band before us has another show next Friday, wanna go?” I coolly said “yes”, and that night I spent the longest time getting ready. We went to the show, and I invited some friends to come with me and my brother. I watched Jarrett play, and I swear, he winked at me. He doesn’t remember. After the show, my friend John introduced me to Jarrett, and we spent the whole night talking. I was actually kind of disgusted with his New Jersey attitude, but I still listened to his cd all night. The next day I found his email address online (yes I seriously did), and after about an hour of analyzing my one paragraph email, I hit send. Two days later, he wrote me back. I guess the rest is history. We’ve spent the past 3 years dating long distance – Jersey to Virginia. It’s really not THAT bad. I’m a teacher :teacher: and spend my breaks up there, but I seriously can’t wait until we can see each other every day, rather than every weekend. And I will be one happy girl when I don’t have to spend my Friday nights in traffic sitting through the horrible road conditions in Pennsylvania… but that’s a whole other post.

The Wedding
I really haven’t accomplished too much yet, but I have brilliantly been stealing ideas from all of your planning journals. And for that I say thanks. You make me feel like less of a slacker. We’ve spoken to Joe several times, and I think I’ve seriously annoyed him with my indecisiveness. However, after many emails and pictures from Joe, Jarrett and I have finally decided on a wedding at Sea Breeze Point (reminds me of our first trip together, where I fell in love twice… with Disney and with Jarrett) and a reception at the White Hall. We have them tentatively booked for a date I’m not yet allowed to announce (I don’t want to jinx it). I’m not quite sure what “tentatively” means. I understand the definition of the word- I’m an English teacher- but I don’t know what that means in “Disney terms”, so I’m just hoping and praying that it’s ours. I’m sure Joe does too.

If anyone made it through this first addition to my planning journal, I congratulate you. Stay tuned.

Keira1387
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the board! Joe is amazing. He was my sales cordinator and was very patient with all the questions I had. I'm having my pre recpetion at the whitehall room. It's beautiful! You can even see a little of the castle from it! Happy Planning!

mla1977
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Welcome! I know about those PA roads. I tend to work slightly off hours just to avoid a long commute in the morning and evening. I live 15 minutes away from work, but it can take me an hour on a really bad day.

padisneyfour
01-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I am familiar with those pa roads and commutes too. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your plans.... congrats too!

babiebelle
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks to ecoon, we have successfully booked Misty Miotto. After reviewing lots and lots of photographers, she was the one we were most impressed with. We're going with the platinum package, and I can't wait to work with her. Thanks ecoon!
That's all for now. I'm just sitting her watching the weather, praying for a snow day tomorrow. :happytv:

babiebelle
02-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I've finally reached my ten posts, and now I can't figure out how to actually get the pictures on the post. It's just copying the link. Can you not have facebook as your url??? If anyone can help me with this, that would FANtastic! moving on...

I had my first dress day. There were so many insanely beautiful dresses that I tried on, but in every one of them, I just felt silly. Is that normal? Like I was a little girl again playing dress up in my mother's closet. Needless to say, I didn't get anything. I feel that if my first reaction is to laugh when I look in the mirror, it's obviously not "the dress".

Other than that, the only new wedding plans we've made is booking Misty for our wedding and an engagement session in March. I think we're going to do sunset at the boardwalk for this. Has anyone done an engagement session in one of the parks? The idea of having it in Epcot or MGM is pretty cool... I just wasn't sure how many people did that.

Joe also is wanting us to book our room block. The whole idea of guessing where all of my guests are supposed to stay is just crazy to me. I truly have no clue how many people are going to be coming, let alone where they'll decide to stay. I also don't know where to book our "wedding night" room. I keep reading about how some people get upgraded that night, which is fantatstic. Part of me feels like we should stay at the GF... b/c we honestly would never stay there again. I don't know. I guess I should be a "normal" American right now and go watch the Superbowl instead of think about my disney wedding, but I'm sure everyone on this site understands.

Alright... GO GIANTS!

AuroraBorealis
02-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Re: posting pictures

Set up an account with Photobucket or Flickr or something similar. It will generate you a url to paste into your posts. I prefer photobucket.

myprincessgirlisa
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
congrats on your engagement & your future DFTW!!!!!

very cute "how we met" story! & the engagement one...well...engaged on main street...is just MAGICAL!!!!!! congrats!!! & the bandaid had me rolling!!!

take your time with the dress & have some fun...try on all sorts & style...you might be surprised!!!!

If i were you....Id go for the GF!!!!!!!! its beautiful & romantic!!!!

cant wait to hear more...oh & alot of people use Photobucket for pictures...& its free

:goodvibes

babiebelle
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
congrats on your engagement & your future DFTW!!!!!

very cute "how we met" story! & the engagement one...well...engaged on main street...is just MAGICAL!!!!!! congrats!!! & the bandaid had me rolling!!!

take your time with the dress & have some fun...try on all sorts & style...you might be surprised!!!!

If i were you....Id go for the GF!!!!!!!! its beautiful & romantic!!!!

cant wait to hear more...oh & alot of people use Photobucket for pictures...& its free

:goodvibes

Thanks so much for your advice! I really appreciate it. I think we're leaning towards the GF.... it's a once in a lifetime chance I guess. I'll definitely have to make a photobucket account and start putting pics up... hopefully I can figure it out. :idea:

caryndisneydiva
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
photobucket is easy, all you do is upload your photos and use the IMG code (the last one) to post your pics!

stitchlet
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Just found your PJ :surfweb:

I love your engagement story - DF teases me about my Princess band-aids!

Happy planning - can't wait to hear more details & see pics! :goodvibes

keenercam
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
What a wonderful story! Long distance relationships are hard, but when you come through them, you know each other so well and you just "long" to be together. Hang in there, and have fun planning!

JaxTeach
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome and congrats on starting your PJ!

What a lovely engagement story! I always wondered how my DH would propose (he ended up doing it at Castaway Cay).

You will love SBP, but I'm fairly biased on that! We just had our wedding there 12/14/07 and it was perfect! I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

I saw something about your enagement pics with Misty (who is great!). We had our e-pics (with Randy Chapman) at Port Orleans Riverside. To my knowledge, the outside photographers can't do the engagement sessions inside the theme parks, but I could be wrong. Having them at the Boardwalk sounds like a great idea! It is such a photogenic location. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your PJ... I'm going through a bit of wedding withdrawal! :laughing: Good luck and congratulations!

M&M126
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
What a cute story! Cant wait to hear more about your big day :)

babiebelle
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped me put pics up! Now can anyone tell me how to shrink them??? They're HUGE!

I also made two more appointments to go try dresses on. The one I LOVE LOVE LOVE is here:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/silvia_primary.jpg

Who knows if I'll be able to afford it. :confused3

DisneyFairy19
02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the boards.. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. I cant wait to read more:surfweb:

BaBeeCee14
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Congratulations on your engagement! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

curiouser
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Congrats on your engagement! (And totally random, but I love your sweater!)

That wedding dress is gorgeous.. so Grecian and romantic!

Personally I'd stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club, but that's just my style. I (gasp, shock, horror) don't really like the GF. I say go with whatever your style is, where you'll be comfortable and feel like the perfect end to a perfect day.

I can't wait to see more on your PJ!

Fantasia Sam
02-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Congrats on starting the PJ and on your engagement, that's cute that you were sort of a groupie.

The dress you posted is gorgeous.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans and seeing more of your ideas, photobucket makes that all the more easier!

babiebelle
04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
okay, seriously (grey's reference) i can't believe that it's been this long since my last post. a few updates: we got our contract in the mail. as excited as everyone else was to get their contract, mine just made me nervous. reading all of those statements that i couldn't understand about how many items can be placed on a table and rain locations. i mean, it's not going to rain on my wedding day! right? knocking on wood as i'm typing this. after many (many) crazed emails to joe, i finally feel calmed down. by the way, joe is the best. aside from the contract, i bought my dress! this actually happened awhile ago, but i've been terrified to post pictures of it on here b/c i don't want my df to see it. if you so desire and YOU'RE NOT MY FIANCE , go to clairepettibone.com then 2006. it's the kristene model. i fell in love- madly in love- with it the day i tried it on. side story: it was a saturday in februrary, and my mom's birthday, so i decided to bake her a german chocolate cake from scratch. meanwhile, a friend of my parents had a heart attack (he's fine now though), so they raced to the hospital as i worked in the kitched with flour covering my entire body. a bridal store in bethesda, md was getting the claire pettibone collection in for that weekend, and it was my one opportunity to try on her dresses (i fell in love with them as soon as i saw one of her dresses in a bridal magazine christmas morning). after many phone calls back and forth from my mom (me telling her to stay at the hospital, and her being torn on coming home), she got home just in time to take me for my appointment. my dad was in charge of getting the cake out of the oven. needless to say, we got there, and i had that experience that a girl dreams about having when she finds "the dress". i cried, my mom cried, i spent way more than i was supposed to. but i love it. and the cake was delcious. Go dad! :woohoo:

okay, next thing: our engagement pics are up right now! yeah! p.s. i love misty miotto!! i HIGHLY recommend her to all of you disbrides out there. both she and her husband were wonderful to work with, and i am so excited they'll be there on my wedding day. unfortunately, our disc was defective, so i only got about 7 pics. here's one teaser for now. :thumbsup2
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/70013-1.jpg

that's all for now!

babiebelle
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
a few more things: df and i chose the grand floridian for our free room night. we're going to stay at the boardwalk before our wedding and after (it's our favorite), but our reception is at the gf, so we figured it would be nice and private there our first night as husband and wife. and we're not staying together the night before the wedding. i'm staying with my girl friends, and he's staying with his best man. i just want to have that anticipation before we see eachother, when i walk down the aisle. thanks for all of your advice though! we just thought the gf would be the best fit for us.

a few more pics: i was thinking this for my bouquet in white
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/174604peony.jpg
i don't know how expensive peonies will be though in december. any recommendations on floral outside of disney? i think since we're not having an "in the park" wedding, we should take advantage of having a florist off site.

also i really like these bridesmaid dresses from jcrew:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/62983_RD5898.jpg
but i want red red, like a deep christmas red since we're having a december wedding. does anyone have any suggestions?

can you tell i'm bored? i'm a 6th grade teacher, but i had foot surgery. this is my last day (hopefully) till the doctor clears me to go back. my df is actually subbing for me. so... i'm spending my last day not grading the papers my df brought home for me; i'm on the disboards and watching knocked up!! :happytv:

camara381
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I just came across your PJ so let me say congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I love your dress gorgous.

babiebelle
04-29-2008, 09:14 AM
I just came across your PJ so let me say congrats!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I love your dress gorgous.

Thank you so much! I tried on a few of the big ballgown princess type of dresses with the huge train and all, but I'm 5'3", and I felt like a cupcake in them. I just felt that the dress that I got was totally me.

So I don't know if anyone can help me with the whole centerpiece thing. It seems to be so much easier to go over budget than under, and I think the easiest thing to cut back on is floral/centerpieces. I thought about using sticks, since my wedding is in Dec- (kind of a winter wonderland theme).
something like this:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/sticks-1.jpg

or the left hand side of this:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/a12.jpg

Sticks could be even more expensive than flowers though. I have no idea. My planning session isn't until July, and I think it's going to be really difficult to wait that long to figure all of this out. So, I turn to all of you helpful disbrides out there. Please help. :sad2:

Lynn5700
04-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi!!! I must have missed your PJ when you first made it. I'm so glad I found it!! Everything looks great so far! Your dress is very pretty and I love Peonies! They smell so good. Your engagement photo is very nice..I like your dress in the picture.

Mumofthebride
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Beautiful Dress

Kim

babiebelle
04-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi!!! I must have missed your PJ when you first made it. I'm so glad I found it!! Everything looks great so far! Your dress is very pretty and I love Peonies! They smell so good. Your engagement photo is very nice..I like your dress in the picture.

Thanks so much! I picked that dress in the pic b/c I thought it was very "boardwalky". I'll definitely post more pics when I get the disc back. I love peonies too... just don't know if I can afford them. I've been really bad about updating my PJ, but I'm definitely going to try and be better at it. After my surgery, all I'm supposed to do it lie around, so at least being on the disboards makes me feel productive. :goodvibes One more thing I forgot to mention earlier was the my DF and I are dying to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We're going to stay in Disney 5 days after the wedding, but most of our family members are too. We definitely want to enjoy that time with them, but we also want to go somewhere else to just be together. My DF's aunt is giving us her time share :banana: ; however, she has to trade hers in order to get us Hawaii. If Hawaii doesn't happen, does anyone know a location that would be lush and tropical like Hawaii? I want to be able to go on hikes and see volcanoes, and have more of an active honeymoon. Any suggestions?

side happy note: DF and I booked the Royal Pacifa for when we go to our planning session in July. I know I know, it's not Disney, but come on, the pool is crazy!!! I'm really excited about it, and I might sound like a traitor in saying this, but Tchoup chop is the most amazing restaurant ever!! We want to have our rehearsal dinner there. So good! It might redeem me in saying we're also staying at Old Key West. I don't know how I feel about staying in a resort that's first word is "Old", but I've heard good things. We'll see. Here's a pic of Tchoup chop:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/interior_nopeople.jpg

Lynn5700
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Wow that place looks amazing!!!

DisneyFairy19
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I love the peonies....BEAUTIFUL inspiration pictures

camara381
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
The restaurant looks fabulous. I like the first pic of the sticks. I have no idea how much they would cost but you can always ask your consultant. I gave her a list of everything I wanted, including menus and floral and she was able to come back with a proposal that gave me an idea where I needed to cut back.

DisneyBrideToni
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown. The peonies would go perfectly with it. That place in Old Key West is beautiful!!

I love the idea of the sticks that look like trees for a winter wedding. If I walked into something like that I would definitely think winter wonderland!!!

I can't wait for more posts on your PJ!!

babiebelle
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
The restaurant looks fabulous. I like the first pic of the sticks. I have no idea how much they would cost but you can always ask your consultant. I gave her a list of everything I wanted, including menus and floral and she was able to come back with a proposal that gave me an idea where I needed to cut back.

Thanks for the advice. I just really don't know if I can wait until July. I'm thinking about using an off site florist, cause I've heard they tend to be much cheaper. But then I have the fear of going over budget when you starting using too many non-Disney vendors.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown. The peonies would go perfectly with it. That place in Old Key West is beautiful!!

I love the idea of the sticks that look like trees for a winter wedding. If I walked into something like that I would definitely think winter wonderland!!!

I can't wait for more posts on your PJ!!

Thank you so much! I'm kind of biased but I love love love my dress too :banana: That's why I had to buy it right there on the spot. I have my first fitting in June. Can't wait! The picture I posted was actually not in Old Key West. It's a restaurant called Tchoup chop (one of Emeril's), and it's located on Universal property. It's my favorite restaurant. The atmosphere is truly amazing and the food and service are even better. I highly recommend the butter lettuce salad with drunken goat cheese and mango miso dressing. I'm getting hungry now. I'm not quite sure how we're going to transport the entire wedding party over there for the rehearsal dinner, but I can't see having it anywhere else.

DisneyBrideToni
04-29-2008, 12:44 PM
The picture I posted was actually not in Old Key West. It's a restaurant called Tchoup chop (one of Emeril's), and it's located on Universal property. It's my favorite restaurant. The atmosphere is truly amazing and the food and service are even better. I highly recommend the butter lettuce salad with drunken goat cheese and mango miso dressing.

Ahhh that is good to know. Sometime during our honeymoon we are going to Universal and that would be a great place to eat!!!

IndyBride
04-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you refer to your center peices as sticks! I know that's what they are but still... It's comical! I love the way they look though, kinda whimsical with all the lights and candles. Very pretty.

lpizzuro123
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I would love to see more Misty engagement photos. We will be down in WDW the last week of May for our planning session and we have an engagement shoot scheduled with Misty. I am so excited. Not sure what we will be wearing yet or even where to do the photos. We were thinking of two locations and two changes of outfits. I originally wanted her to do the Poly and WL and I was going to get Disney to to GF. I was just able to book the Poly through Disney (they just started the $25 photos shoots there if you prepurchase photopass) so we might have Misty do WL and GF.

Please tell me how things went. I just love her style of photos and I can't wait one month.

Thanks,
Linda

babiebelle
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Ahhh that is good to know. Sometime during our honeymoon we are going to Universal and that would be a great place to eat!!!
Definitely definitely go there. It's in the Royal Pacifica resort. Ask to be sat by the lilly pads.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you refer to your center peices as sticks! I know that's what they are but still... It's comical! I love the way they look though, kinda whimsical with all the lights and candles. Very pretty.
Thanks... I was going for cheap, but I'll definitely take whimsical.:rotfl:

I would love to see more Misty engagement photos. We will be down in WDW the last week of May for our planning session and we have an engagement shoot scheduled with Misty. I am so excited. Not sure what we will be wearing yet or even where to do the photos. We were thinking of two locations and two changes of outfits. I originally wanted her to do the Poly and WL and I was going to get Disney to to GF. I was just able to book the Poly through Disney (they just started the $25 photos shoots there if you prepurchase photopass) so we might have Misty do WL and GF.

Please tell me how things went. I just love her style of photos and I can't wait one month.

Thanks,
Linda
Misty was great. You'll really love working with her. We shot at the Boardwalk, and it was awesome. All of the pictures are so different, it looks like we shot at 5 different locations... at least. Unfortunately, the disc we got was defective, so I don't have any more pictures yet. I'll definitely post more when I get them though.

dislovr
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I just found your PJ and am very excited to be following along with your planning. I can't wait to see the rest of your e-pictures. I'm really bummed that I didn't plan a e-picture session for when we are there in too weeks:confused3

babiebelle
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Jarrett's in the studio tonight, so I'm in bed watching my Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees :banana: and of course... on the Disboards. I seriously feel like i have an addiction. There has to be some sort of rehab group for disney brides once they're done planning their weddings. Actually, I'm sure that'll be an upcoming Oprah episode with some sort of social counselor talking about addictions in different forms. Okay, I digress. I was cake hunting today online. If I was a millionaire, I'd choose one of these...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/pillow2.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/silvermadhatter.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/1castlecake2.jpg

...except the third one would be a direct recreation of Cindy's castle. I haven't received anything about cake prices yet, so that's why I can fantasize... but knowing me I'll probably end up with something like this...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/BDayCake.jpg

Dislovr-Don't worry about the engagement session. That's what photoshop is for. My DF and I forgot to take pics when we vaca-ed in Maine, but we have pictures of us in front of Bushy's house in Kennebunkport. :woohoo: Anything is possible!

lurkyloo
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I might be able to help with the sticks!

When I asked for something similar, my floral planner called it "curly willow"... I was quoted $65 apiece for two altar pieces with curly willow, plus $8 each for simple cone vases - pretty cheap considering my original altar pieces, ficus trees, were $150 apiece! And $65 for a centerpiece isn't bad (not that you'll get an identical quote) - our original centerpieces were $115 apiece.

Here are the pictures I sent her so you can see what she based her quote on...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/TreesinVases.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/BranchCenterpiece.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/wrappedvases.jpg

dislovr
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I love the first cake! Someone else posted that on here before however for some reason Disney said they couldn't do it. :confused3
I find that hard to believe but whatever im not them. I thought they would do just about anything for the right price. However not like I can afford their "right" price.

babiebelle
05-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I might be able to help with the sticks!

When I asked for something similar, my floral planner called it "curly willow"... I was quoted $65 apiece for two altar pieces with curly willow, plus $8 each for simple cone vases - pretty cheap considering my original altar pieces, ficus trees, were $150 apiece! And $65 for a centerpiece isn't bad (not that you'll get an identical quote) - our original centerpieces were $115 apiece.

Here are the pictures I sent her so you can see what she based her quote on...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/TreesinVases.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/BranchCenterpiece.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/lurkyloo/Planning%20Journal/wrappedvases.jpg

Thanks so much Carrie! That actually helps a lot! Yours is the first price I've seen with any sort of centerpiece, so I really appreciate it! I'm just trying to find something cheap without screaming cheap, but I have a feeling we might start to look outside of Disney floral (gasp, shock, horror).

Okay, these are my earrings for the big day. I love them right now, but we'll see if I love them in 6 months. They're the canary ones...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj56/gumbi432/earrings.jpg

I highly recommend roberta chiarella. Her website is awesome when it comes to wedding jewelry. I got this pair of earrings from a store that sells her merchandise, but the website is so great as well. You get a free gift with every purchase. I swear, I don't work for her.

babiebelle
05-05-2008, 08:06 PM
quick questions. how long after you send your contract before you have to give the save the date information? i've sort of been a slacker about it. also, have you guys done any creative stuff with the website that disney provides for you? i'm starting to get stressed out with my checklist of things to accomplish, and i was just trying to prioritize. thanks! :confused3

DisneyFairy19
05-05-2008, 08:11 PM
LOL I love the picture of the last cake- so funny:lmao: :rotfl:

kte28
05-06-2008, 07:22 AM
If Hawaii doesn't happen, does anyone know a location that would be lush and tropical like Hawaii? I want to be able to go on hikes and see volcanoes, and have more of an active honeymoon. Any suggestions?

First off, Congratulations! Second, in response to your question, I might suggest St. Lucia. It's one of the islands in the Caribbean, it has an active volcano, is great for hiking, also has lots of beautiful beaches, and they filmed some portions of Pirates of the Caribbean there. Happy planning! Can't wait to read more. :)

babiebelle
05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Okay, sorry it's been a while, but I think that's how these things go. School is wrapping up right now, and my kids just took their massively insane standardized state tests. All of you teachers out there know what a relief that is. Of course, it's only a relief until you get your test scores back. :teacher:

Anywho, I got my planner. I have Marion, and I'm soooo excited! I secretely wanted her, because of Caryn's planning journal. It was one of the first ones I read, and I thought it'd be great to have a planner with an accent. :woohoo:

I also got our signed contract in the mail along with our annual passes. Not to be a pessimist or anything, but why are they neon green? I just don't get it. Maybe so people won't lose them? Knowing me, I probably will.

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses on jcrew. It's the dress I already posted, but I got it in vintage burgundy. It's a nice Christmas red. I ordered them on the phone, and spoke with this guy Derrick, who was FANTASTIC! I think Disney must have secretly told him to take good care of me. I think Disney has an "in" everywhere! He even gave me a pretty substantial teacher discount. I love teacher discounts!!

I'm still undecided on the honeymoon. Airfair to Hawaii keeps going up and up and up. When I think too much about it, I just start imagining myself in a hamock in the backyard, and I play an ocean waves cd on my ipod.

Anyway, that's about it. I truly feel like a slacker. I read all of these PJ's and think "wow, welcome bags what a great idea" "oh a newsletter. i 'could' do that." "cool. handmade wedding party shirts. how do you even think of that?" and all of these things just make me realize how uncreative and unmotivated I am. I do, of course, appreciate the ideas. I just know that they're above my creative ability and force me to go back to watching tivo. I do admire you though disbrides.

That's all for now. :banana:

lov2b@disney
05-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Just caught up with your PJ! Congratulations! Beautiful dresses, I love the "sticks" it will be very elegant for a winter wedding! i am using peonies for my bouquet! They may be a challenge to get in winter- but I'm sure they will do it if you want it!
Looking forward to more!

shezfrombermuda
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
quick questions. how long after you send your contract before you have to give the save the date information? i've sort of been a slacker about it. also, have you guys done any creative stuff with the website that disney provides for you? i'm starting to get stressed out with my checklist of things to accomplish, and i was just trying to prioritize. thanks! :confused3

I just found your PJ, everything looks great. Your dress is beautiful!

It took 7 to 10 days to process my contract after they received it and then they sent the save the date out. I think the first person had theirs two weeks later.

I really wanted peonies as well but I was told they are not in season in october. I think they are more of a spring/summer flower.

SummerIrmoma2_3
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I just found your PJ! Everything looks great!! I am hoping to do a VR in Dec 2010 and I was going to use white and red as my colors too. I want a slight christmas theme but not too over the top.

babiebelle
05-29-2008, 12:51 PM
A few questions:
Has anyone done wine service? My DF and I love wine, and we decided not to have an open bar (my parents aren't really comfortable with it). Our planner sent a list of all the wines by the bottle, but they're so ridiculously over priced. I just was wonderful if anyone has done wine service only and what wines you chose.
Also, my DF and I have our heart set on certain Disney World menu favorites (the portobello soup at AP, and the pumpkin ravioli from FF). I was wondering if anyone has customized their wedding menus, and if the prices escalated quite a bit.
Lastly, I know I'm so behind on getting an officiant. DF and I had our heart set on having a close friend of the family perform the ceremony, but long story short, it's a no go. Any recommendations on a pastor? I definitely want a religious ceremony, but I don't want it to be "too religious". That probably sounds awful. I go to a non-denominational church and my DF is Lutheran. Any recommendations would be great! And since I'm going there with the whole religion thing, anybody do premarital counseling? My DF thinks it's a ploy for churches to get money. I think it couldn't hurt.
Thanks for listening and helping with my questions!

babiebelle
06-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Anyone who wants to see a few more of our engagement pics, go to mistymiotto.com, enter website, galleries, then engagement. Jarrett and I are in the first 12 pictures. That's right... we made it on the website! It makes me feel like a model! Am I exaggerating a bit? :banana:

DecemberBride
06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
WOW! Those are some fantastic pics... Misty did a great job, you must be so pleased! You guys look so sweet and happy!

alissa2008
06-11-2008, 03:53 PM
"Here's your cake" :rotfl2:

Just found you pj, everything looks great! What a romantic engagement story!! DF was the one who hooked me on Disney too, now I think he regrets it because I won't shut up about all you Disbrides!! :rotfl: