PDA

View Full Version : Choose My Hotel

phanomouse
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I am planning a trip for my anniversary and I have decided to let the good Disers choose where I will be staying. The trip is going to be 10 days in Sept. I have narrowed it down to these resort (we have stayed at every resort on property and these my wifes favorites): CR, Poly, BC.

This is what I am looking for. I want a resort that isn't going to be overly noisy (I understand resorts just have noise), I want it to be somewhat relaxing and laid back, somewhere that has things to do besides venturing into the parks. We are not strangers to WDW as I am there 5 - 6 times a year so I know each of these resorts could be the one and that is why I am letting everyone here choose for me. Thanks for your help!

MickeyNicki
01-14-2008, 11:50 AM
We stayed at the Poly and it was super noisy all the time.

We stayed at the YC and it was as quiet as a mouse but the BC side was insanely noisy and crowded

Sazzo'sMommy
01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I voted for POLY based on your comments, but I would stay at YC based on your comments...but it was not listed! :goodvibes

spiceycat
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
you left off you of the best for doing things at the resorts

akl and wl.

would definitely go with one of these if you aren't planning on going to the parks each and every day.

all the DVC resorts have daily activites too
OKW
SSR
VWL
BWV
BCV
AKV

KatMark
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I voted Poly since you said it was an anniversary trip and I find it romantic (reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawaii). I don't recall the last time we were there (2004) it being noisy at all.

LSchrow
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
with what you said, i would definately pick YC or BWI, neither of which you offered as an option :confused3
poly is prob the least "noisy" b/c there are a few quiet spots, mostly only quiet in the late eve tho.
we find BC waaaay too noisy for our tastes ~ great if you're going with little ones *** there are soooo many of them around :scared: lol, but a far cry from romantic, imho
never stayed at CR, so can only give my impression: seems very active & busy, the proximity to MK being a huge draw for "noisiness" ;)

Shmily1
01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
We stayed at BC for a week during the summer. It was great and we would definitely do it again. There is just so much to do there and it was NOT overly noisy. We never heard any of the people in the rooms near ours although we did see that there were people in the rooms. Usually, you atleast hear the doors closing, but we never even heard that.

It was a blast!!!

s&k'smom
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
My son is hoping we will stay at the BC on our next trip, it does seem busy but it is so beautiful at night. I voted for Poly as it is very romantic, you can walk over to GF for a meal or monorail over to CR for a meal.

We stayed at GF last October and it was very quiet.

stacy6552
01-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I voted for the BC for its proximity to the baordwalk.

FYI there is construction at the CR, that I don't think will be done by the fall.

skipperkim
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I voted for BC because its the closest to YC, but with access to SAB.

mickey2minnie1
01-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I voted for the Poly since it is so relaxing and beautiful at night. Walking around with the tiki torches lit is amazing. Seeing wishes on the beach is beautiful. DH and I really enjoyed the atmosphere and all the extras it had to offer.

enyaj40
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
i picked poly for the romance factor

i hope you enjoy wherever you decide to stay

May Queen
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Polynesian based on your relaxation comment although I haven't stayed at any of them.

mjf2wdw
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I voted for Beach Club, I have stayed at all of them and prefer Beach Club as my favorite. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will have a great time.:)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-14-2008, 09:59 PM
My vote was for the Contemporary. However if your planning on staying between this May or this August, you might not want to because they will be working on turning the Concourse Steakhouse into Chef Mickey's Express. However if you were to stay in a Garden Wing room you would not see or hear anything, expect when you would be in the Tower on the 4th floor.

littleprincessmom
01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
We stayed in all 3 of the resorts you name and love them all, but for an anniversary trip, I'd suggest either BW or YC. If you can spring it, BWI concierge - worth every penny and you will really feel pampered.

Between the 3 you've suggested, I'd go with Poly...