PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of March

mfamma
01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone going the first week of March? Our family of 4 are going Feb. 29 thru Mar. 5. I changed some ADR's last week and they still had openings for Le Cellier on Sat. night and California Grill Sun. night. They also had plenty of rooms at AKL. Maybe it won't be too crowded even though ESPN weekend is going on the first part of our trip. We will be avoiding MGM until Mon. The MK is closing at 8pm on most nights too. Hopefully it won't be too cold.

mfamma
01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Well I guess I won't be waiting in line for any rides since no one else is going this week. This might even be better than Sept. and Jan. when we usually go.

JoanneNC
01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Guess there will 2 of us there... March 1-March 8th

shoes99
01-17-2008, 10:07 PM
We will be there 2/29 to 3/5. We are going for ESPN Weekend at Disney Hollywood Studios.

LizAgna
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
We will be there 2/28 - 3/2 celebrating both mine and DH's birthdays!! Mine is 2/29 & his is 3/1!!

Pdowning98
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
We will be there 2/26-3/4. When I booked I didn't realize it was ESPN weekend, but that is a plus for us because DS will love it. Everyone have a great trip! :goodvibes

LizAgna
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
We will be there 2/26-3/4. When I booked I didn't realize it was ESPN weekend, but that is a plus for us because DS will love it. Everyone have a great trip! :goodvibes

I noticed in your siggie that you will be at ASMu...we will be at ASSp. Maybe we'll see you on the busses. I'll have my black Baggallini with LGMH with my Dis name on it. Say "Hi" if you see us!!

Bill From PA
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Feb. 28 - March 7, at the BoardWalk. This is a great week to go, it's our 8th time at WDW in this time frame.

Bill From PA

Pdowning98
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I noticed in your siggie that you will be at ASMu...we will be at ASSp. Maybe we'll see you on the busses. I'll have my black Baggallini with LGMH with my Dis name on it. Say "Hi" if you see us!!

Awesome, I will be on the lookout! I would love to meet up with other DISsers! I don't have a Baggallini, but I will try to score some Lime Green Mickey's at Home Depot or Lowes! Have a great trip and a wonderful Birthday. Happy early B-day to you and your DH! :thumbsup2

NikkiLovesWDW!
01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
We'll be there from 2/27-3/2. I'm excited to hear it looks like it won't be too crowded. I was starting to get worried but anything's got to be better than the middle of the summer, which when I went last.
I picked this weekend b/c it's considered one of the "wonderful weeks" according to the disney website.

See you all there!

ortegah
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
We'll be there from 2/27-3/2. I'm excited to hear it looks like it won't be too crowded. I was starting to get worried but anything's got to be better than the middle of the summer, which when I went last.
I picked this weekend b/c it's considered one of the "wonderful weeks" according to the disney website.

See you all there!

We're right there with you! There are cheerleading competitions happening on the weekends though plus ESPN the Weekend so watch out for MGM as they will be busier, or so I've been told. We too went in the summer last time and it was crazy. I'm looking forward to having less crowds. We go Feb 23rd through March 1st.

Gloridaylil
01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
We will be there Mar 2-9th. The first time we went as a family was New Years Eve (day)2005, and that was crazy! wall to wall people. We went last March as well, and the parks were busy, and there were line ups, but not like Dec.31st

mickcw1109
01-23-2008, 07:18 AM
we will be there too. feb 29th to mar 3rd hope its not too busy also, staying at the csr just changed from pop with my pin code and saved a bunch of money too

Sea-Donkey
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
My family of 3 will be there. I just booked the Norway Princess Diner last night. Le Cellier wasn't available until 8:40 so we got Norway.

We went the 2nd week of March last year and it hit the low 80's everyday.

Kazzy1548
01-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Our family is planning to go next year at that time. I would love to hear back from you guys as to the crowd levels as well as the weather...:hippie:

danny1649
01-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Hope you have a magical trip :goodvibes :cool1: :wizard: :dance3: :cheer2: :goodvibes :cloud9: :woohoo: :)

LizAgna
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Awesome, I will be on the lookout! I would love to meet up with other DISsers! I don't have a Baggallini, but I will try to score some Lime Green Mickey's at Home Depot or Lowes! Have a great trip and a wonderful Birthday. Happy early B-day to you and your DH! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! Please say Hi if you see us. It was fun last summer when people would see my LGMH and say something!!

mfamma
01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Has everyone been reading about how crowded Jan. has been? I think this week will show if it really is more crowded than normal. We were there the last week of Jan. last year and we had minimal wait times but the parks themselves seemed to have more people to navigate through. Has anyone changed ADR's recently? Did they still have a lot of openings? We are eating at Le Cellier Sat. night, Ca. Grill Sun. night, and Artist Point Mon. night. I changed around some of these to add our neighbors last week and it was no problem.

LizAgna
01-29-2008, 07:02 AM
We have a 6pm ADR for LeCellier for Sat. March 1. I decided that I wanted to change it to be a little later. I called this past Saturday and no luck. LeCellier is sold out until 8:40. But because it's so popular it can be sold out when nothing else is so I'm not sure that this is an indication of how crowded it will be.

Speaking of ADRs lets all post ours to see if any of us will be eating together.

Here are ours...
2/28 - 11:40am Chef Mickey's
2/29 - My Birthday!!! 8:05am Crystal Palace 8:40pm 'Ohana
3/1 - DH's Birthday!!! 8:05am Hollywood & Vine 6pm LeCellier
3/2 - 8:00 Tusker House

mfamma
01-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Eight of us will be arriving at AKL Fri. late afternoon Feb. 29. Depending on what time check in is complete we will try to eat at Boma or Jiko if we feel like it. Last week the dining reservations person said there were plenty of openings at Jiko that night but who knows. Sat. Mar.1- Le Cellier at 4:20, Sun., Mar.2- California Grill at 5:30, Mon., Mar. 3- Artist Point at 5:30, and we don't know where we will be Tues. night.

LizAgna
01-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Eight of us will be arriving at AKL Fri. late afternoon Feb. 29. Depending on what time check in is complete we will try to eat at Boma or Jiko if we feel like it. Last week the dining reservations person said there were plenty of openings at Jiko that night but who knows. Sat. Mar.1- Le Cellier at 4:20, Sun., Mar.2- California Grill at 5:30, Mon., Mar. 3- Artist Point at 5:30, and we don't know where we will be Tues. night.

You have some good ADRs. Looks like we will just miss each other at LeCellier...but maybe we'll see each other around Epcot that night. I'll have a black baggallini with my Dis name on a LGMH...say Hi if you see me!

mfamma
01-29-2008, 07:50 AM
I sure will! There will be 4 girls ages 12 to 8 and 2 Moms and 2 Dads in our group. I don't know what I will be wearing but I hope it will be capris and a Tshirt with the temp. in the 70's. I hope you both have great Bdays. I will be turning 40 in Dec. and plan on being at Disney that whole week. Since the P&PP will be Sat. night in the MK maybe Epcot won't be too busy. We usually go in Sept., Jan., or early Dec. so hopefully this week will be ok. I read that the Brazilian tour groups will be gone by the first week in Feb. Our neighbors that are going with us have only been over Xmas 3 times and have never stayed on site so I know it won't seem crowded to them!

LizAgna
01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
It will be 4 of us...me, DH, DD(11) & DD(4). I also hope to be wearing capris!! We will be at DHS for most of the day & then hopping to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations. Our last trip was in June so we're hoping that it will be much less crowded this time than in June!! Since we don't want to take our oldest DD out of school for a long time we will only have 2 half days (Thursday & Sunday) and 2 whole days (Friday & Saturday) so we are really hoping for low crowds so we can do all we want to!! We know DHS will be crowded on Sat but maybe we can get our favorites done early. DH doesn't really care about the celebrities that will be there except for Shaun Alexander since he played for our alma mater Alabama. But I'm not sure that he will stand in line to see him.

mfamma
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
I just read on the live reports board that it was still crowded yesterday. Crowds please go away. We will be in MK on Sat. until around 1pm and then will go over to Epcot. On Sun. we are doing AK and MK EMH hours after our dinner at Ca Grill. Sun. is going to be a long day but our neighbors are leaving on Mon. We don't leave until Wed. Maybe it will rain and that will keep the crowds away. I really want some warm sunny weather though. It has been from the 30's to the 50's here in NC lately but only 2hours of snow one day.

Bill From PA
01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Speaking of ADRs lets all post ours to see if any of us will be eating together.

Here are ours...
2/28 - 11:40am Chef Mickey's
2/29 - My Birthday!!! 8:05am Crystal Palace 8:40pm 'Ohana
3/1 - DH's Birthday!!! 8:05am Hollywood & Vine 6pm LeCellier
3/2 - 8:00 Tusker House

Ours:

Feb. 28 Raglan Road 6:30
Feb. 29 Le Cellier 7:00
March 2 Rose & Crown 6:00
March 3 Le Cellier 6:20
March 4 Yak & Yeti Noon
March 6 Le Cellier 6:10

Bill From PA

patticake3
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
We will be there Feb 28-Mar4 for my son's Make A Wish trip! He's really into sports so we'll probably be in MGM a lot that weekend! We still don't know what hotel we're staying at (let's call this a mystery trip for now!), but I made ADR's last week, the minute I found out what day they were sending us! I couldn't get one for Le Cellier (I was trying for Monday night), but did get everything else I wanted at the time I wanted, no problem. I don't have the rest of my ADR's in front of me, but I see everyone loves California Grill too. Would you guys say that is a total must?! We haven't been since 2000, and my son was 6 and my daughter was 10 at the time! We went to CF and DS hated it because their macaroni and cheese was gourmet - only Kraft for him (we dovoured it, btw!). But that is all I remember about it - I was wondering if it was worth the money this time around, but I'm thinking maybe it is!

And what's a baggellini? I must know!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Ours:

Feb. 28 Raglan Road 6:30
Feb. 29 Le Cellier 7:00
March 2 Rose & Crown 6:00
March 3 Le Cellier 6:20
March 4 Yak & Yeti Noon
March 6 Le Cellier 6:10

Bill From PA

We have a 7:10 on the 29th at Le Cellier. See you there!

LizAgna
02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Patticake3 - I hope your family has a great Make a Wish Trip!! I'm glad you were able to get most of the ADRs that you wanted. A baggallini is a lightweight messenger style backpack. It has a ton of pockets and is perfect for parking touring. Here is a link that has pictures...

http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/messenger_sling_bagg_rip_stop_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=18644

Bill - you've got some great ADRs!! Do you get the same thing each time you go to LeCellier or do you get different things? I always get the same thing...the Mushroom Filet!!

patticake3
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the baggallini link - I may need to buy one!

Jenna319
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
We are going Feb 27th to March 5th! I have never been for ESPN weekend and am looking forward to checking it out! We are also going to see a spring training game at the Wide World of Sports. I also was unable to get a dinner ressie for Le Cellier but I did get a late lunch ressie! Her are our ADRs:

2/28 Jiko 5:30
3/1 Ohanas 5:30
3/3 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:25
3/4 Le Cellier 2:50

LizAgna
02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the baggallini link - I may need to buy one!

I love mine!! It is amazing how much you can pack in there!! 2 pockets that I love are 1) the one on the strap...it is perfect for park tickets and/or a cell phone & 2) a pocket on the inside of the back...the only way to open it is to slide it around & unzip it...that's where I keep my wallet with my money & CC. I think you will be pleased with it. I got a black one so DH could carry it too but he hasn't so I wish I had gotten a "fun" color. Our oldest DD has a pink one.

LizAgna
02-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, I forgot to post this...yesterday we decided to fly instead of drive 9 hours! We found a great deal from Delta of all places...$138 Round Trip!! Now DH is really excited about the trip!

Disney_Mama
02-02-2008, 06:36 AM
We'll be there too.... Feb. 27th to March 7th :cool1: Can't wait. We'll be staying at BCV. Hope it's warm and the crowds are low.

mfamma
02-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi Patticake3. My 8yo DD is also on the Make A Wish list. She has complex congenital heart disease and has had 4 heart surgeries. She wants to go meet Hannah Montana on her set in CA for her Make A Wish. I know yall will have a great Disney trip thru Make A Wish. Maybe we will see you there.

patticake3
02-03-2008, 07:06 AM
LizAgna, funny, I thought I'd get black so my husband and I could switch off, but then thought it might not be 'manly' enough for him anyway, so now I'm leaning towards a fun color!

Mfanna, good luck with your DD's wish. Her idea sounds perfect for an 8 year old girl! Hope she's doing well. DS 13 is a heart transplant recipient. He wasn't born with a heart problem but acquired it when he was 11, then needed a transplant when he was 12. All pretty surreal, actually. If you see a family of 4 with one boy wearing some kind of MAW gear, that's us - say hi! Of course, there may be others! He's got really curly dark hair. And I'm short and my husband is tall. And my DD 17 is cute with artificially straight hair!

We found out late Friday from Make a Wish that we're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Not at all what I was expecting, not that I was really expecting anything in particular! 25 days away! :banana:

brightvalleyjrts
02-03-2008, 07:15 AM
I will also be there the first week of March. We will be at POP from March 1st-6th. I am also hoping the crowds won't be bad. But unfortunately it looks like I made a bad choice of choosing the 1st to go to MGM. We have ADR at Hollywood & Vine at 8:30am. Maybe we will just eat there and if it's too crowded, come back a different day.

We also have ADR at Le Cellier on March 4th at 7:30.

I am super excited that it is so soon!!!!

mfamma
02-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Patticake3, We are staying at AKL too. There will be 2Moms, 2Dads, and 4girls ages 12 to 8. We always stay at BCV and wanted to try something different. I love AKL. Your son must have gotten cardiomyopathy. I am a Pediatric ICU RN and a big part of our patient population are heart patients. I was a nurse for 5 years before my daughter had her surgeries in our unit. It was very surreal knowing that it was my own child in the bed with tubes everywhere. She may possibly need a heart transplant too when she is 50 or 60 yo. We will just have to see. If you have any concerns while at Disney and need a nurse at the AKL, I shouldn't be far away.

Bill From PA
02-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Bill - you've got some great ADRs!! Do you get the same thing each time you go to LeCellier or do you get different things? I always get the same thing...the Mushroom Filet!!

We're creatures of habit. Wifey gets a big salad and the grilled asparagus, I get the asapragus and the 14 oz N.Y. Strip Steak, and I share a hunk of that with her, not because we're cheap, the portions are just too big for us.

Quote: We have a 7:10 on the 29th at Le Cellier. See you there!

Nikki, if you see us there, please stop and say 'Hi'. Sadly, I actually look like the picture below, favor Jimmy Buffett shirts and wear the hat and goggles most times in WDW.

Hey, I just noticed, 3,000 th post. Do I get a prize?

Bill From PA

LizAgna
02-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I will also be there the first week of March. We will be at POP from March 1st-6th. I am also hoping the crowds won't be bad. But unfortunately it looks like I made a bad choice of choosing the 1st to go to MGM. We have ADR at Hollywood & Vine at 8:30am. Maybe we will just eat there and if it's too crowded, come back a different day.

We also have ADR at Le Cellier on March 4th at 7:30.

I am super excited that it is so soon!!!!

We will be at Hollywood & Vine at 8:05 on the 1st!! Maybe we'll see you there. Please say Hi if you see us!! This is us last summer....

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/sldwdw/image140.jpg

It will be DH's birthday...this is not his choice of meal but I did it to get us there early...ha!! We're not really there for the ESPN stuff but since we are only there from Thursday noon to Sunday afternoon this was the only time that we could do the Studios so we're going to tough it out. We will be hopping to Epcot for a LeCellier dinner at 6pm...that's DH's choice for his b'day!!

Patticake - I say go with the fun color!! Although black matches everything...that' how I justify it now. It is a great bag. I have used it on a couple of other trips too. As you can tell from the picture, I'm Pooh sized and I wasn't sure how it would fit and if it would be comfortable but it is very comfortable!! Notice the strap though...it is in ALL of our pictures. I'm going to take it off for at least some of the pictures this time :rotfl: :rotfl: I didn't realize that I had worn it in all of them until I looked at our photopass pictures when we got home. I think you will be happy with it. There are usually threads that will let people know about discounts on the Budget Board. I think I got mine around this time last year for around $25 plus shipping.

Bill - DH & oldest DD get the NY Strip too. They love it. We took DD there for her birthday last year and she was sooo excited that she was on the adult dining plan and could get it. She didn't even eat 1/2 of it but she loved every bite!!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Nikki, if you see us there, please stop and say 'Hi'. Sadly, I actually look like the picture below, favor Jimmy Buffett shirts and wear the hat and goggles most times in WDW.

Hey, I just noticed, 3,000 th post. Do I get a prize?

Bill From PA

Congrats on the 3,000th! We will look for you! Here is a pic of us, in case you see us first. We are also creatures of habit. Tom goes for the filet mignon, I am partial to the prime rib and we both LOVE the mashed potatoes!!
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/108055100_2630.JPG
Me, Cathy Carver, WDI and Tom. (This was the first decent pic I found of the two of us, from our Lunch with Imagineer last summer. Most of our pics are one of us OR one that I've taken of the two of us and they are all so close up!)

brightvalleyjrts
02-03-2008, 03:05 PM
We will be at Hollywood & Vine at 8:05 on the 1st!! Maybe we'll see you there. Please say Hi if you see us!! This is us last summer....

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/sldwdw/image140.jpg

It will be DH's birthday...this is not his choice of meal but I did it to get us there early...ha!! We're not really there for the ESPN stuff but since we are only there from Thursday noon to Sunday afternoon this was the only time that we could do the Studios so we're going to tough it out. We will be hopping to Epcot for a LeCellier dinner at 6pm...that's DH's choice for his b'day!!

Patticake - I say go with the fun color!! Although black matches everything...that' how I justify it now. It is a great bag. I have used it on a couple of other trips too. As you can tell from the picture, I'm Pooh sized and I wasn't sure how it would fit and if it would be comfortable but it is very comfortable!! Notice the strap though...it is in ALL of our pictures. I'm going to take it off for at least some of the pictures this time :rotfl: :rotfl: I didn't realize that I had worn it in all of them until I looked at our photopass pictures when we got home. I think you will be happy with it. There are usually threads that will let people know about discounts on the Budget Board. I think I got mine around this time last year for around $25 plus shipping.

Bill - DH & oldest DD get the NY Strip too. They love it. We took DD there for her birthday last year and she was sooo excited that she was on the adult dining plan and could get it. She didn't even eat 1/2 of it but she loved every bite!!

Cool!!! I'll keep my eye out for ya! This is my family last summer.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/coopersmom/HoldenBeach2007131.jpg

LizAgna
02-06-2008, 07:04 AM
brightvalleyjrts - I'll keep my eye out for you. Have you ever been to H&V? My youngest DD loves it!!

Patticake - I found this on another thread...you can get a Baggallini for around $21 from Bagsbuy.com using the SAVE10 code. Here is the item description they aren't showing black as an option but they have plenty of fun colors...
Women's
Baggallini
MES160 Messenger Bagg

brightvalleyjrts
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
No this is actually the first time taking the family to Disneyworld. We got to Disneyland pretty frequently as all of my family lives in Southern CA. I am super excited and since my 2 year old loves Quincy and Leo, I am sure he will love H & V. LOL! I just hope he isn't frightened by them being so big.

patticake3
02-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info, LizAgna! I'm going to check that out right now!

LizAgna
02-06-2008, 10:13 PM
No this is actually the first time taking the family to Disneyworld. We got to Disneyland pretty frequently as all of my family lives in Southern CA. I am super excited and since my 2 year old loves Quincy and Leo, I am sure he will love H & V. LOL! I just hope he isn't frightened by them being so big.

It is really fun!! Ask to sit in the middle part of the dining room. When we went in June we were along the front with the windows and it was a little too far for our youngest DD to go to the middle to sing & dance with the characters. Also, we didn't feel like we got as much attention from the characters as the people that were in the middle.

Thanks for the info, LizAgna! I'm going to check that out right now!

Let me know if you get one and what color it is!

mfamma
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Anyone changed any ADR's this week? I can't decide if I want to make one for Tues. night Mar. 4 at Raglan Road. We might be in DTD or who knows. I think it is going to be really crowded for the next few weeks with winter breaks and Mardi Gras. Here's hoping for covers on the fastpass machines when our week gets here. Am I being too unrealistic? :rotfl: It was 80degrees in NC yesterday and I need cold cold weather before I go to Florida. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If it is really crowded during our week, what is the best drink for helping you relax? Is there one better than the drink in the pineapple at the Polynesian?

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I am partial to the margaritas myself!

Tigjam630
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
My DH and I will be there 3/2-3/8 at Pop and WL. :yay: The last time I went around this time of year (about 5 years ago) it wasn't too crowded so hoping for the same this year!

If it is really crowded during our week, what is the best drink for helping you relax? Is there one better than the drink in the pineapple at the Polynesian?

I hear there's a stand over in Epcot near France that has Grey Goose Lemon and Grand Marnier Orange slushies. I've never had them before, but I plan to check those out this time!!

LizAgna
02-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Our trips are getting closer!! Have any of you started to pack or at least started gathering things together for the trip?

I hit the trial size aisles at Target & Wal-Mart and made a trip to the Dollar Store last week. I got trial size toiletries & ponchos (I don't want to have to use these!!) I'm slowly getting things set aside that I know we will need. I have started to think about what clothes to pack but I'll have to wait till closer to see what the weather is going to be. Plus I have to pack in secret since DDs won't know about the trip until we wake them up at 4am to head to the airport!!

ortegah
02-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Our trips are getting closer!! Have any of you started to pack or at least started gathering things together for the trip?

I hit the trial size aisles at Target & Wal-Mart and made a trip to the Dollar Store last week. I got trial size toiletries & ponchos (I don't want to have to use these!!) I'm slowly getting things set aside that I know we will need. I have started to think about what clothes to pack but I'll have to wait till closer to see what the weather is going to be. Plus I have to pack in secret since DDs won't know about the trip until we wake them up at 4am to head to the airport!!

I have trial size toiletries already packed. We went to Vegas last November and took all of their trial sized stuff home with us so it's all ready to go ;)

It's funny though because my youngest daughter came out of her room today with her Tinkerbell duffel bag all packed and ready to go! hehe

ekmom
02-10-2008, 01:48 PM
We'll be there March 1-7 staying at CSR. This will be the 3rd year in a row for us but our first time at CSR and our first time in March since 1984. Most of our previous trips were in February during President's week when the kids were on school break. Now they are both in college at the same school so we're going on their spring break.:dance3:

We spent yesterday sorting my husband's clothes for the trip. He's lost 75 pounds since last August:woohoo: , so we had to figure out what warm weather clothes he needed so we could pick up a few things. Hopefully he'll need those shorts!

mfamma
02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I haven't started packing yet but I have made a list of things I need to get. I have read some posts that have talked about how bad the stomach viruses are going around Disney World right now. Lysol and hand sanitizer were the first things on my list. As soon as we get in our room at AKL I am going to spray everything down with Lysol. I have the yellow Mickey ponchos from 4 years ago that we bought in AK. I have crocs, Dansko clogs and tennis shoes. Does anyone know of another really comfortable shoe to wear that is dressier than these? We will be eating at Ca. Grill before we do EMH at MK on Sun. night and I can't see myself wearing my bright blue crocs with my dressy capris pants. I can't wait to have the foie gras appetizer that night.
Seventyfive punds is awesome. I bet your husband will be hard to keep up with because he will have so much more energy. I wish I could lose about fifteen pounds before we left.

LizAgna
02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I have trial size toiletries already packed. We went to Vegas last November and took all of their trial sized stuff home with us so it's all ready to go ;)

It's funny though because my youngest daughter came out of her room today with her Tinkerbell duffel bag all packed and ready to go! hehe

That's funny!! She's ready to go isn't she?

We'll be there March 1-7 staying at CSR. This will be the 3rd year in a row for us but our first time at CSR and our first time in March since 1984. Most of our previous trips were in February during President's week when the kids were on school break. Now they are both in college at the same school so we're going on their spring break.:dance3:

We spent yesterday sorting my husband's clothes for the trip. He's lost 75 pounds since last August:woohoo: , so we had to figure out what warm weather clothes he needed so we could pick up a few things. Hopefully he'll need those shorts!

That is awesome that he has lost so much weight!!

I haven't started packing yet but I have made a list of things I need to get. I have read some posts that have talked about how bad the stomach viruses are going around Disney World right now. Lysol and hand sanitizer were the first things on my list. As soon as we get in our room at AKL I am going to spray everything down with Lysol. I have the yellow Mickey ponchos from 4 years ago that we bought in AK. I have crocs, Dansko clogs and tennis shoes. Does anyone know of another really comfortable shoe to wear that is dressier than these? We will be eating at Ca. Grill before we do EMH at MK on Sun. night and I can't see myself wearing my bright blue crocs with my dressy capris pants. I can't wait to have the foie gras appetizer that night.
Seventyfive punds is awesome. I bet your husband will be hard to keep up with because he will have so much more energy. I wish I could lose about fifteen pounds before we left.

I don't know that they are dressier but my DH loves his Merrells so I got some for Christmas. They are comfortable and I'll wear them with capris if it is warm enough but we're not going anywhere that I need to dress up. Good luck finding some!

brightvalleyjrts
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I have started packing all of the kids things. I have them in gallon size ziplock bags labeled to which day they are wearing them!! LOL!! I also have my shorts laid out to pack and I also had to go buy my DH some new shorts b/c he has gone down a size in pants since last summer.

I will probably really start getting the other stuff together next weekend. I still need to get the suitcases down from the attic!!

ortegah
02-11-2008, 07:39 AM
That's funny!! She's ready to go isn't she?

Yes she is! Last year when we went they didn't know where we were going until an hour before we had to be at the airport! They thought we were going camping and then we had to break it to them that they weren't going there. Instead they had to figure out by the clues where we were going. Here's pics of their surprise. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatherortega/sets/72157600560630781/show/

LizAgna
02-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Yes she is! Last year when we went they didn't know where we were going until an hour before we had to be at the airport! They thought we were going camping and then we had to break it to them that they weren't going there. Instead they had to figure out by the clues where we were going. Here's pics of their surprise. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heatherortega/sets/72157600560630781/show/

I LOVE surprise trips!!! It's hard to get everything packed but they are so fun!!

Those are great pictures!!

mfamma
02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
I have always wanted to try packing each outfit in a ziplock bag for our girls. We only bring two big suitcases and I bet that would make it easier to pack and quicker getting ready in the morning. Has anyone ever flown in from Sanford Intl. Airport? We usually fly in to MCO, but a smaller airport that is 30min. from our house uses Allegiant Air and they have a special for $29 each way. The flight is a straight flight to Sanford Intl. and only takes 1hour and 20min. It takes an hour to get to Disney from the airport I think. We are taking a van from Happy Limo since there will be eight of us. That hour in that van is probably going to feel like 3 hours since I'll know how close I am to Disney.

Ktharee
02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Will be there 3/5-3/8. Staying at the Poly for the first time. Is my dad's 67th birthday. Going with Mom, Dad, husband and daughter (4 1/2). Attending P&PP on the 6th. Can't wait!

mickcw1109
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
can't wait to get out of the cold, leaving in fifteen days

LizAgna
02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Us too!! YAY!! I got our ME tags today.

mfamma
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Is everyone going on Fri. Feb. 29? We are and accuweather says it will be 78 degrees that day. I guess we won't know for sure until about 5 days before. How can I make time seem to go by faster? I am going to try to stay very busy. Everyone stay healthy and wash your hands a lot for the next two weeks cause then you can wash them in Disney.:banana:

Gubblebum
02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
We leave on the 28th, and time just can't go by fast enough for me! I've been watching Disney movies by myself at lunchtime to try to pass some time....lol.

Bill From PA
02-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Is everyone going on Fri. Feb. 29? We are and accuweather says it will be 78 degrees that day. I guess we won't know for sure until about 5 days before. How can I make time seem to go by faster? I am going to try to stay very busy. Everyone stay healthy and wash your hands a lot for the next two weeks cause then you can wash them in Disney.:banana:

We started watching the 15 Day Forecast yesterday, and yes, it's meaningless now, but it's still nice to see those numbers. We haven't had more than one or two days with highs under 70 in 8 trips to WDW in the first week in March over the years, so I'm not overly concerned with the weather.

Bill From PA

ortegah
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I just looked at the forecast today. It's Florida though so you know even though it's more than a week away, they're close to what it's going to be ;)

spiceycat
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
going mar 2-3 BWV, mar 4-5 akv

LizAgna
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
We are going 2/28 and hoping for beautiful weather!!

Spiceycat - we're neighbors...I live just south of B'ham in Alabaster.

roxrox
02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
will be there from the 3/2 to 3/6 then off to Tampa for 3 days. hope for lots of sun :cool2: It's pretty cold in Quebec (Canada) right now :scared:

shmedly123
02-15-2008, 07:45 PM
we're going mar 2-7 and staying at the BC...can't wait as this is my first trip staying at a deluxe. I hope SB is as good as I heard it is. Can't wait to see DD's (just under 4 and just under 2) faces when we get there. I wish I could have done a surprise trip but I can't keep a secret like that when I am as excited as the 3 1/2yr old is.

mfamma
02-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Only 10 more days! Accuweather keeps changing the forecast every day and I know I shouldn't keep looking but I can't help it. We are having a Disney kick off party next Sun. with our neighbors that are going with us. We are going to watch Song of the South and go over our list of things we need to buy for the trip like Lysol, ponchos, etc. I can't wait to finally start packing. Everyone is getting the flu around here so we are trying to keep us all healthy.

brightvalleyjrts
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I know how you feel about everyone getting the flu! Maybe it's a NC thing!! LOL!! Everyone around us has it too and we are all trying to stay away. Although if we are going to get it, I would rather it be this week!! LOL!!! We leave in 12 days and I will finishing our packing this week!!!! I can't wait!

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
DFi and I did the single digit dance last night when we ripped off our countdown calendar number! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lindamary123
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
My sister and I will be at the Poly from March 3-7!! We are very excited and am looking forward to some sunshine!!:)

iluvwesties
02-18-2008, 05:26 PM
My kids & I will be there Mar 5 - 14
Mar 5 - 8 - Pop
Mar 9 - 11 - AsMo
Mar 12-14 - CSR

:banana: :yay: :cheer2:

9 days of fun here we come :dance3:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/iluvwesties/WDW%202006/CKM.jpg

mfamma
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Let's post things that we can hardly wait to do once we get to Disney. I can't wait to sit at a table in Morocco drinking a Grand Marnier slushy from France watching that cool Moroccan band while waiting for Illuminations to start.:yay:

Bill From PA
02-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Let's post things that we can hardly wait to do once we get to Disney. I can't wait to sit at a table in Morocco drinking a Grand Marnier slushy from France watching that cool Moroccan band while waiting for Illuminations to start.:yay:

The picture says it all.

Bill From PA

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I can't wait to EAT! I am so excited to finally try the dining plan. I'm also excited for the P&PP as I have never been to a special event. I'm excited to look for things to use as favors or anything else we can incorporate in our wedding, I'm excited for a margarita, I'm excited for new SE, I'm excited to experience WDW NOT in the summer....

I can go on and on for the next 9 days!

shmedly123
02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
i can't wait to put a bathing suit on and swim at stormalong bay

LizAgna
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I can't wait to see my girls faces when we wake them up on the morning of 2/28 & they find out that we are going!!! Then I also can't wait to see the castle.

I just upgraded us to the Deluxe Dining Plan this morning...we have added Coral Reef (a first for us) and San Angel (haven't eaten there since our honeymoon in 1991). :banana: :banana:

MontanaZoo
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Late finding this thread but my DNiece 11 and I will be heading out on Sat, Mar 1st - Mar 9th. She has school on the 29th and leaving from Montana kind of has to be a 6am flight if you don't want to get to Orlando at midnight.

Her first trip, my first trip as only a vacation and not also a work conference (and going with someone else). :) I've become an advocate of packing light since I travel occasionally for work and a lot for camping during the summer but boy that's a challenge going to Disney World. I went over to my sister's house and did a pre-pack with my DN last night. She lives in 3 houses (she's my step-niece), at my sister's house mainly, her mom's apartment and her grandmother's house. Her stuff is scattered everywhere and she has no idea where anything is! AAAHHH! She's actually 10 now and her bday is next weekend so I don't know how she's going to get all of her stuff together.

It has been so cold in Montana this month, I was standing in the snow on Saturday night at the movie theater saying Florida in 2 weeks (hateful stares from everyone around me). :)

dvc95
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
We leave on 2-27 until 3-11, My dh and I will be going our ds is in college so he will miss this trip. I started packing today almost done will finish this week. We
are staying at ssr for 3 days and the remaining time at bwv.

We are doing the dining this time, ressies all made for our dinners, hubby can't believe I'm so organized today I broke it to him that we are leaving at 4:30 AM for the San Francisco Airport, he thought we had a later flight in the morning.:rotfl: He wasn't too crazy about driving that early in the am but I surprised him with a car company to drive us to the airport and back home after our trip.

:woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

mickcw1109
02-19-2008, 07:15 AM
leaving in 9 days and can't wait either. Staying at the csr for the first time
Hoping for weather in the 70's or 80's while we are there.

MontanaZoo
02-19-2008, 07:21 AM
We're staying at the CSR too for the first time, too. Hoping for the cabanas but will probably be happy with anything! We leave March 1st and the weather has to be better than Montana!

Disney_Mama
02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
i can't wait to put a bathing suit on and swim at stormalong bay

Same here!:thumbsup2

brightvalleyjrts
02-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I just can't wait to see our first character!!!! I am excited to see how my kids react to them. We have dinner ADR at CP the night we arrive so, I thought that would start our trip off fun!!!!

I just can't believe how close we are to being there! Our flight leave on March 1st. We'll be in orlando by lunchtime!!!!!!!!!!

mfamma
02-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I can't wait to walk into the MK this trip and have that feeling of perfect contentedness wash over me as I look around for the first time.:cloud9:

patticake3
02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I can't wait to see everything! I can't pin down exactly what I can't wait to see - bright colors, characters, funny tourists, smiling CM's, rides, hotel, all of it!

We started taking out clothes on Monday. I have way too much, so I need to weed out! We don't have much organized, so I really need to get to it! Life has been crazy the past few weeks and the craziness isn't letting up until the minute we leave. And the Make A Wish people have not given us any paperwork or any details, for that matter, except our flight times and the name of our hotel. I am a bit of a control freak, and this is making me nuts, but it will all work out! The mystery of it all has actually been pretty entertaining for the family, so it's all good! :cool1:

MontanaZoo
02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm sure the Make A Wish people will go beyond what you can even think of! That will be so exciting!

I'm looking forward to my DNiece 11's reaction when she starts seeing everything Disney!

I'm doing the whole clothes thing too now. I made us matching t-shirts (her idea) so that she won't lose me in the park. Just 3 though, I hand wash stuff nightly. It takes a couple of min and then can pack less and don't have to wait around doing laundry somewhere. Well, turned into 4 since we needed pirate and princess party t-shirts!

My DN has strep throat! I'm sure she'll be better by the time we leave since she's on penicillin but I hope I don't get it!

patticake3
02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Everyone has been getting sick! My daughter is on medication for a sinus infection, my son has had a cold for over a week (and he's immuno-suppressed, so I worry more), my sister just came down with a sore throat and bad cold (and she and I are taking my mom out for her birthday this weekend), and my co-workers are all coughing and sneezing around me! Makes me think I better add cold medication to our toiletry collection for packing, but hopefully none of us will need it!!! Lots of Purell already in the pile!

MontanaZoo
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh heck, I bring everything since Florida does something weird to my allergies, probably since Montana is so much drier than Florida. I'm bringing Zicam meltitabs, Airborne, Claritin-D (for me), Zyrtec (for DN), sinus headache meds, and coldeeze lozenges. They have like nyquil, regular cough drops in the gift stores (unfortunately, I know). Zicam usually works just as well for me as nyquil or sudafed.

At least DN is on penicillin NOW so hopefully that'll carry over to the trip a bit and she won't pick up anything.

I've been washing my hands like a fanatic hoping not to pick anything up.

mickcw1109
02-21-2008, 01:28 PM
trying for the cabanas too can't wait will be happy with wherever we stay as long as the weather holds out

Gubblebum
02-21-2008, 01:39 PM
We arrive on 2/28 and are hoping for the Cabanas section as well. I really wouldn't mind either Cabanas or Casitas, I just don't want Ranchos.

MontanaZoo
02-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. Not that the rooms on the inside look that different from the pictures I've seen, but I live in a pretty dry area so hoping for more greenery around where we're staying.

shmedly123
02-21-2008, 03:30 PM
the one time we stayed at the CSR we stayed at in building 7B in the far northeast section of the far northeast building of the 7's and it was a very long walk to the main building. We went in Dec. of 04 and it was only in the 50's during the day (30's at night). Obviously it was not a nice walk back to our room but the CMs were actually driving covered golf carts around and were offering rides.

mfamma
02-22-2008, 05:57 AM
The weather is looking good for next week. I guess I will pack on Mon. Will it feel cold at night if the temp. is in the 50's? I want to wear my crocs and capris but with a pullover. I don't want to have to wear socks. I can't wait to explore AKL when we get there Fri. night and listen to stories at the fire pit.

LizAgna
02-22-2008, 06:51 AM
My DH says that he would be fine in that temp with Crocs with no socks and a pullover. For me that might be a little cool for Crocs with no socks but I think I am going to pack capris. You could always put a pair of socks in your backpack and put them on if you need them.

1 week from today I will be celebrating my birthday in the Magic Kingdom.

Our youngest DD is starting to get sick but like DH said it would be better for her to go ahead and get it now than early next week. I just hope we are all well when it gets time to leave!!!

MontanaZoo
02-22-2008, 07:53 AM
You'll love AKL!! One of my favorite things was to sit out on their big balconies with rocking chairs looking over the savannahs after touring for a day. I was there in March when I went two years ago and AKL never felt crowded.

If you have time, talk to the CM's that are there to educate on the animals. The ones I talked to were all from Africa and excited to have the opportunity to talk about their experiences and the animals.

mfamma
02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
LizAgna, I could not think of anything better for your b-day than to be in the MK. You are going to have such a great day! I am going to pack jeans also because I don't think I would get too hot if it is in the 70's unless I was in AK. Montanazoo, I will definitely take time to sit in the rocking chairs and look out at the savanahs. Especially since I will have a glass of some awesome African wine in my hand. This time next Fri. we will be flying on a plane right now. I don't really like to fly that much but it is only a 1hour and 20min. flight. I hate riding in a car and that would take 11hours.

MontanaZoo
02-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm with you, we have to take two flights (out of Montana unless you go to Denver, Salt Lake or Minneapolis you basically have 2 flights). An hour to Denver and then I think 3 or so to Orlando....I can't even imagine driving! I don't mind flying though, I have to do it for work sometimes. My niece though is freaked out since it's her first flight and asked how long it would take me to drive to Denver if she's too scared. I told her 8 or 9 hours and that isn't happening!

One week from tomorrow for us! So excited! I'm trying to figure out all the last minute stuff at this point like what to get from garden grocer, whether or not I want to surprise her with a gift basket, what I can cram into a suitcase. :)

mfamma
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Only 3 more sleeps! Anyone heard how the crowds are today? Isn't this week supposed to be slower too? I have started getting our clothes out and have capris and jeans with short sleeve shirts and pullovers. My 11yo DD tried on her capris from this past summer and they are all too small. I think she has grown 3 inches since Oct. when she quit gymnastics. I guess practicing for 16 hours a week was burning so many calories that she wasn't growing as much. Now she is almost as tall as me. I hope Old Navy has some spring clothes out.

MontanaZoo
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Had the same situation with my niece. Nothing fit! I packed her up at my sister's house last night. Luckily the stores are just now getting spring/summer stuff in. I got her some capris/shorts at walmart and target and I made shirts for us. :)

Right before I left I made her try on her swimsuits which she was SURE were fine. They weren't fine. New swimsuit too!

I think this is supposed to be the only semi-quiet week of March before the spring breakers really come out in droves. At least that's what I'm hoping.

MontanaZoo
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I found out that United has started charging for a second checked bag. I didn't really want any checked bags but I didn't want my niece to have to carry too much carry on for her first flight. I had her pick up the two bags she thought she needed then I said can you run? :) She asked why and I said well sometimes you just need to run in the airports. She's taking one small carryon bag, the bag she'll be using in the parks.

What else does everyone pack on the plane for carry on? I'm figuring the important stuff (my cameras, lenses, tripod, pda, cell phone, mp3 player...:rotfl:) oh yeah and maybe swimsuit and a book to read on the plane.

mfamma
02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh my gosh. I forgot about swim suits. I have to go find those for both my girls. We carry snacks, a change of clothes and our camera on the plane. I will call and check our AKL reservation, ADR's, and car service reservation tomorrow.

TinkerBell DVC
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
my family and i will be there march 4-9 @ the WLV!!!! so excited... i just cant wait!!!!:cool1:

NikkiLovesWDW!
02-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Leaving Wed. night. I actually have to work Wednesday! I am already getting nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day!! Let's hope for good airplane weather! :thumbsup2

Bill From PA
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
"The Day After Tomorrow". Music to my ears. Mouse ears, of course.

Bill From PA

shmedly123
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
leaving sunday...I sure hope the weather.com forecast is right and the accuweather.com forecast is wrong. How can two "reputable" weather sites have such differing opinions of the weather over the next week. Weather.com (high 70's most of the week and sunny:thumbsup2 ). accuweather (low to mid 60's and rainy:sad2: )

Disney_Mama
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I hope weather.com is right too. I leave on Wednesday:cool1: Just got DD8 clothes all ready to go. DD12 still needs to try stuff on. I am sooooo excited. Hope everyone has a safe and magical vacation.:wave:

shmedly123
02-25-2008, 07:01 PM
I hope weather.com is right too. I leave on Wednesday:cool1: Just got DD8 clothes all ready to go. DD12 still needs to try stuff on. I am sooooo excited. Hope everyone has a safe and magical vacation.:wave:

yeah same here...my DW has packed our two DD's(2&4) twice already and I don't have the heart to tell her to put some winter clothed in the suitcase too! Have fun!

brightvalleyjrts
02-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I am worried about the weather too. I was confused as to how they can be so off from each other.

LizAgna
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm getting excited. I packed the DDs this morning before work. Since we will only be there 4 days the days that we will be there weather.com and accuweather agree. So we will be flying in jeans and I packed shorts & more jeans for them.

Then I came for lunch and packed our toiletries. Now I just have to pack my clothes and the extras. DH will pack himself either tomorrow or Wednesday at lunch.

mickcw1109
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
leaving in 3 days and the weather here is not good. Expected to get up to a foot of snow the next two days! Can't wait to get out of it

shmedly123
02-26-2008, 10:02 AM
leaving in 3 days and the weather here is not good. Expected to get up to a foot of snow the next two days! Can't wait to get out of it

good luck getting out...hopefully it doesn't snow in NY or NH in the next few days!

LizAgna
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm home putting the last few things into the luggage before church. The DDs still don't know...hopefully no one at church will say anything to them about the trip!! We will be leaving home in the morning about 4:15 am....will fly to ATL at 6 and then depart for Orlando at 9:25. We should land at MCO at 10:55. We're using ME for the first time and I hope to be checking in to All Star Sports by noon and at Epcot by 1:00. That may be very optimistic but a girl can dream can't she?

I hope you all have wonderful trips!! Remember I'll have a black baggallini with a LGMH with my screen name on it. We will be in Epcot tomorrow, MK on Friday, DHS Saturday am, Epcot Saturday pm and AK Sunday till about 4. If you see me please say Hi.

1andrea
02-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm home putting the last few things into the luggage before church. The DDs still don't know...hopefully no one at church will say anything to them about the trip!! We will be leaving home in the morning about 4:15 am....will fly to ATL at 6 and then depart for Orlando at 9:25. We should land at MCO at 10:55. We're using ME for the first time and I hope to be checking in to All Star Sports by noon and at Epcot by 1:00. That may be very optimistic but a girl can dream can't she?

I hope you all have wonderful trips!! Remember I'll have a black baggallini with a LGMH with my screen name on it. We will be in Epcot tomorrow, MK on Friday, DHS Saturday am, Epcot Saturday pm and AK Sunday till about 4. If you see me please say Hi.

Hope you have a great time cruisin buddy and have a great 10th Birthday!

LizAgna
02-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Hope you have a great time cruisin buddy and have a great 10th Birthday!

Thank you!! I wish you were going to be there to go cruising with!! I'm getting really excited!!

Sea-Donkey
02-27-2008, 09:38 PM
We're 75% packed, leaving Friday(29th) for 7 days 7 nights starting March 1st. The weather looks like highs of 78-80 and 40% chance of thunderstorms one day. I can live with that.

mickcw1109
02-28-2008, 07:07 AM
leaving for the airport in 3 hours can't wait!!:cool1:

brightvalleyjrts
02-28-2008, 11:27 AM
2 days until our trip!!!! My son and I both had the flu this week, but fortunately we are feeling better. I just hope and pray that my DH and my younger son don't get it before we leave!!! We are all on Tamiflu, so hopefully it will help!

Sea-Donkey
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow, same here. Took my daughter to the doctor this morning...said she has the flu put will be good to go on Saturday (the day we arrive). We are leaving tomorrow and taking extra prescriptions for me and my wife in case we get it.
I'm sitting home now with her...oh well, at least she didn't come down with it on the way or after we got there.

mfamma
02-29-2008, 05:01 AM
We are leaving in 6hours! I am so excited. I have looked all over the boards to see how the crowds have been this week. Has anyone heard? I hope to run into some other Disers this week. Everyone have fun!!

Sea-Donkey
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Leaving in 2 hours when the wife gets off work.

Lindamary123
02-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Have a safe trip everyone, I'll be joining you on Monday!!:cool1:

brightvalleyjrts
02-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I leave in the morning!!!! We will be there at lunchtime!! I can't wait! My DH isn't feeling well, so hopefully he'll wake up feeling better.

shmedly123
03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
have fun!!

LizAgna
03-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm back from my whirlwind trip to WDW! We had a great time!! I'll write more later...I must get ready for work now.

Kazzy1548
03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone,:yay:
Hope you are having a magical time. We are in a pre-planing stage to go next year around this time. I was wondering how are the crowds and the weather. The weather doesn,t scare me as much , however crowds do....:scared1:

NikkiLovesWDW!
03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
:sad: Back to reality. After the quickest trip I've ever taken to WDW (4 days) I am now back and very very sad. We did so much in those four days but I could've used just one more. It's so sad to think that yesterday at this time I was on the boat from MGM to Epcot, getting ready for some leisurely strolling around World Showcase and now I'm in my classroom while the Spanish teacher is showing a video on Mexico to my students. It makes me want to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour. It's always so sad to come home!!!

As far as crowds, they were fine, not too crowded but certainly not empty. The last time I went was August, where Soarin' was at 120 mins by noon, where yesterday the line was about 45 mins at noon. Pirate and Princess Party was empty on Saturday night although the line to a pic with Jack Sparrow was 45 minutes. On Thursday is was pretty cold, 38 degrees when we left our room for the day and it didnt' even get up to 60 that day. Friday I was fine in pants, flips and a sweatshirt but had to buy another sweatshirt for Illuminations that night. Saturday and Sunday were PERFECT WDW weather! About 75 with a nice breeze, it was heavenly!:cloud9:

Oh, and we saw BillFromPA on Friday night at Le Cellier! Nice to see you Bill!!

suevee
03-03-2008, 08:47 AM
I'll be there tomorrow!!!!! I am in Lady Lake today, so it will only be a 45 min. drive.:woohoo:

rgrgirl
03-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I am headed down to Orlando for Spring Training on Friday!!! Whoo Hooo!:cool1:

mfamma
03-09-2008, 08:53 AM
We got back on March 5th. It was a great time to go. The temps. were in the 50's in the mornings and late evenings and in the high 70's during the day. We wore capris, short sleeve shirts and a pullover. The crowds were great even during the weekend but we avoided MGM until Mon. At 7pm on Sat. night Test Track had a 40min. wait. Soarin usually had a wait of about 50min. but we fast passed that. Everything else was 10min. or less. At MK on Sat. until 1pm and Sun. night EMH nothing was ever more than 10min. Even walking around the parks themselves was not crowded except for Ak on Sun. Most rides were 10min. or less except for Safari and EE but the crowds were bad because of the way the park is set up. We are so sad we are back. We loved AKL and spent our last afternoon hanging out there doing all the kids activities. We ate at Jiko twice for dinner and it was sooo good. California Grill was just okay this time. Le Cellier and Boma were good too.

shmedly123
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
We got back on March 5th. It was a great time to go. The temps. were in the 50's in the mornings and late evenings and in the high 70's during the day. We wore capris, short sleeve shirts and a pullover. The crowds were great even during the weekend but we avoided MGM until Mon. At 7pm on Sat. night Test Track had a 40min. wait. Soarin usually had a wait of about 50min. but we fast passed that. Everything else was 10min. or less. At MK on Sat. until 1pm and Sun. night EMH nothing was ever more than 10min. Even walking around the parks themselves was not crowded except for Ak on Sun. Most rides were 10min. or less except for Safari and EE but the crowds were bad because of the way the park is set up. We are so sad we are back. We loved AKL and spent our last afternoon hanging out there doing all the kids activities. We ate at Jiko twice for dinner and it was sooo good. California Grill was just okay this time. Le Cellier and Boma were good too.

we just got back Friday night and I agree with you that this was a great week. Right in between two very busy weeks so we were able to take advantage of the smaller crowds but still enjoy the nice weather. We got to MK by 9:30 on Tuesday and were able to do Dumbo, pooh, small world, snow white, the carousel and the goofy coaster by 11. After lunch we were able to do buzz, TTA, CoP (which broke down so we had to watch the 50's scene twice) and the astro orbiter by about 1:30pm. The only time we ate TS was at Cape May and I was pleasantly surprised as I am not a seafood eater. Can't wait to go back but I think we might wait till the little one is 40 inches so she can go on some of the bigger rides.

brightvalleyjrts
03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
We were the the 1st -6th. We thought the crowds were great. We didn't wait in line more than 20 minutes for any ride. But we were also there at rope drop every morning.
The weather was perfect. There was one shower on Tues, but it was during my kids nap, so it didn't affect us in any way.
The most crowded park to us was Animal Kingdom. We did that on Wed. and by 11am it was a mad house in that place. But we got KS and EE done first thing.

All of our meals were great. We did Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Safari Donald, Hollywood & Vine, Coral Reef and Le Cellier. OUr favorite character meal was Hollywood & Vine. The character interaction was wonderful.

MontanaZoo
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Just got back and agree the crowds were great. Followed some touring plans but not really sure they were necessary. With the touring plans we'd basically have all of our riding done by 11 and take a break and do shows in the late afternoon evening. We got the Dream FastPasses from the YOAMD team at AK on Friday but only needed them for Everest and the Safari, they weren't even taking fastpasses for It's Tough to be a Bug or Kali. My niece did Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl but not sure she really needed the fastpasses and this was like at 11 or 12.
At Epcot on Wed (Mar 5) we did Soarin at rope drop then did Test Track right after that and walked on. Nothing seemed to be that crowded in the morning but Test Track did have a 70 min wait by that afternoon but was still giving out fastpasses.
MK on Tues (Mar 4) walked on to everything with no waits from rope drop and did Splash Mountain twice and Big Thunder Mountain twice with no waits really at about 11 or so.

MossZ06
03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Just got back too. COLD and WET. You guys who are there or were just there know what I'm talking about! Overall, great time! Longest wait I saw was 60 minutes for Soarin and EE, but that was mainly on weekends. LOTS of 10-20 minute waits on the most popular attractions during the week, really nice!

LizAgna
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
:sad: Back to reality. After the quickest trip I've ever taken to WDW (4 days) I am now back and very very sad. We did so much in those four days but I could've used just one more. It's so sad to think that yesterday at this time I was on the boat from MGM to Epcot, getting ready for some leisurely strolling around World Showcase and now I'm in my classroom while the Spanish teacher is showing a video on Mexico to my students. It makes me want to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour. It's always so sad to come home!!!

As far as crowds, they were fine, not too crowded but certainly not empty. The last time I went was August, where Soarin' was at 120 mins by noon, where yesterday the line was about 45 mins at noon. Pirate and Princess Party was empty on Saturday night although the line to a pic with Jack Sparrow was 45 minutes. On Thursday is was pretty cold, 38 degrees when we left our room for the day and it didnt' even get up to 60 that day. Friday I was fine in pants, flips and a sweatshirt but had to buy another sweatshirt for Illuminations that night. Saturday and Sunday were PERFECT WDW weather! About 75 with a nice breeze, it was heavenly!:cloud9:

Oh, and we saw BillFromPA on Friday night at Le Cellier! Nice to see you Bill!!

You didn't happen to be on a Magical Express bus that picked up at All Star Sports last Sunday 3/2 around 5pm did you? Someone else on our bus only stayed 4 days like we did but we didn't get to talk to them. Just wondering if that was you?

NikkiLovesWDW!
03-10-2008, 06:44 AM
You didn't happen to be on a Magical Express bus that picked up at All Star Sports last Sunday 3/2 around 5pm did you? Someone else on our bus only stayed 4 days like we did but we didn't get to talk to them. Just wondering if that was you?

Nope, wasn't me. Although that would be funny! I always wonder how many disers I pass in a day and just don't know it.

LizAgna
03-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Nope, wasn't me. Although that would be funny! I always wonder how many disers I pass in a day and just don't know it.

That would have been funny! I wonder the same thing when I'm there. I have a LGMH on my baggallini...I didn't see any while we were there this time. Last summer I saw a few and I had about 5 people notice my LGMH and say that they are Disers too. It was fun meeting new people.

NikkiLovesWDW!
03-10-2008, 08:42 AM
That would have been funny! I wonder the same thing when I'm there. I have a LGMH on my baggallini...I didn't see any while we were there this time. Last summer I saw a few and I had about 5 people notice my LGMH and say that they are Disers too. It was fun meeting new people.

I have LGMH on my backpack too but only once did someone say hi, and it was sooo early in the morning that I think all I was able to get out was a half hi/giggle. I did see A LOT of people wearing lime green shirts but I never want to say anything b/c you never know if they are disers or just happen to be wearing that color.

LizAgna
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I have LGMH on my backpack too but only once did someone say hi, and it was sooo early in the morning that I think all I was able to get out was a half hi/giggle. I did see A LOT of people wearing lime green shirts but I never want to say anything b/c you never know if they are disers or just happen to be wearing that color.

I know what you mean. One of the parents on my oldest DD's basketball team thought I was CRAZY. She had on lime green Crocs...she said that she had bought them for a trip to Disney. Well, then I asked her if she was a member of the Disboard she looked at me really funny and said that she had never heard of the Dis...I was embarassed!!