PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek - Anyone booked direct with owner?

Portugal1000
01-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Looking to stay in Bonnet Creek in December. You cannot book direct with resort at the moment and was searching internet and discovered you can book direct with the timeshare owner. Good deal of $120 a night for a 2 bedwhich I found on myresortnetwork.com. My question is, has anyone rented a place in this way before? Obvioulsy makes me a little nervous but I am assured that I will receive confirmation direct from the resort before having to pay deposit. Am use to booking direct with Disney, Hilton etc.
Thanks for help.

5boyz
01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi there!!! I am interested in staying there too.....I just looked at the website you gave and found it too. Have you spoken to the owner yet?

MickeyMickey
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I have rented from an owner twice, with no problems, I can PM you her information if you would like. I believe I first found her on Red week when I rented two years agok, for this trip I just emailed her.

Portugal1000
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Just had quotes so far as I am in UK so cannot yet book December flights which I would prefer to have booked first.

Would be great if you could PM me the details of who you have rented through as you can't beat a personal recommendation.

Thanks

amw
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Used the same owner from the same website... I'm quite comfortable with the transaction. He called within ten minutes of sending off my request. It was nice to talk to someone direct at his expense (I'm in Canada) ;) . No deposit was required until I received written confirmation from Wyndham that showed the reservation was in my name. I was even able to book 2 extra nights onto the week I wanted without having to change rooms. He also sent an electronic contract that was signed by both parties.

I've never booked direct either, but I've received way better service from him than from any other hotel, Disney included :laughing:

Can't wait to try, and can't beat the price :thumbsup2

Portugal1000
01-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Thank you amw, feeling very reassured. Have a great trip.