PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly Hotel Recommendations

themacfive
01-14-2008, 05:30 AM
We will be driving to Orlando in April and are looking for a 2 bedroom suite/or something similar that can sleep three adults and three kids. We are also bringing our small yorkie...who is very well behaved. I am interested in anyone's thoughts or opinions and recommendations...thanks!

Lizzie-in-Texas
01-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Kris,

Have you tried the website, petswelcome.com, they have listings of hotels that are pet friendly? We travel with our lab, Bone A. Part and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway in June 2008. We have also stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn- Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Sunspree, The Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel and the Royal Pacific Resort.

We enjoyed all of our stays; I think Bone A. Part would recommend one of the Loews hotels because they really pamper the pets there.

Enjoy your trip,
Lizzie

themacfive
01-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I've really been leaning towards one of the Loews Hotels...my kids would like to stay at the Hard Rock. Did you leave your pet in the hotel room there? Can you tell me...did you feel safe about that? Also, did you use the pet walking service they offer? We have a 9 month old yorkie, very spoiled and very well behaved and trained. Thanks!

spiceycat
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
they ask that you put the ' do not deserve (sp - bother)' sign to keep the maids from coming in when you are not there.

they then tell you not to leave your pet. Then they give you a pager just in case you pet does something and you need to come back immediately.

talk about mixed up messages.

Anyway this was definitely one of the favorite places to stay. Spicey, my cat then, loved it. He was treated like a King!!! Luckily for me everyone coming in, while he was parading, loved cats. So he got a lot of kisses and huges. He definitely enjoyed himself. They gave up a room above the birds. He was in heaven to be able to look down on the birds. So when it came time to leave, he didn't want to go. So we didn't. Spend the 3 days around the hotel, didn't go to the parks even once. and the reason to stay there was to go to the parks with FOLE.

for cheaper.

www.celebrationworldresort.com

it allows pets - $50 extra fee for the week. You can generally find it on www.skyauction.com. Go for at least a 2-bedroom.

spicey was an excellent hidder - so if anyone came in the room he would just hide. It was always a way to tell if anyone came in the room. If he was where we left him - great no one came in. If he was hidden, then someone came in or at least tried, while we were gone.

Lizzie-in-Texas
01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Kris,

To answer your question, we really loved all three of the Loews hotels. The only reason we are not staying there for our summer trip is we are taking our granddaughter and we only feel like spending time at Disney, itís hard to explain to an 8 year-old that she can not ride the roller coaster that she sees right outside her window.

Iím not comfortable leaving Bone A. Part alone in a hotel room for several reasons, from chewing (even though he does not do this at home, it does not mean he might not become upset in unfamiliar surrounding) to accidentally being let out. He has never exhibited anything towards others except tail wags and lots of licks, but I have no idea what he might do if heís let out and is being chased by strangers down the hall. So for our sanity and his, he is boarded at the park kennel that we are going to that day. While some people prefer not to have to leave the park to attend to their pet at one of the Disney kennels, it does not bother us. It gives all of us breaks, we keep a blank in his cage and we use it to stretch out on under some trees.

We have boarded Bone A. Part at all of the Disney kennels for the day and have also boarded him for the day at Universal, Sea World and Bush Gardens.

Since he is always with us, I did not use the walking service at the hotel. However, on the evening that we ended up using room service, he was treated to the doggie room service menu and loved the chicken dish.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Lizzie

spiceycat
01-14-2008, 12:20 PM
forgot this is a sticky

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1043350