PDA

View Full Version : Again with MIL??? Where to stay?

MeLaNie9
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I CANNOT believe this but we just took a trip to WDW with my MIL and SIL and they want to go again next year! I didn't think the my SIL enjoyed herself and I thought this was going to be a one-time thing for my MIL (we went to celebrate her retirement). Well, MIL informs us that they are going again next year, week after Thanksgiving - would WE would like to join THEM???
Sooo...where to stay? We stayed at CSR this time around and will not be going back. Lots of folks had recommended POFQ because of its small size for MIL to get around easier.
Any advice? MIL can't walk a whole lot, although she did ok in the parks with the "breaks" of the rides/shows, so we would like a place that is easy to get around or with rooms near the park transportation. I have always wanted to stay at WL...we will likely be at a mod, maybe deluxe.
TIA:goodvibes

3mickeys&me
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
How about the Poly? We love it because of the monorail and the atmoshere. :thumbsup2

Gabrielsbigtrip
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I invited my MIL to come with us this year too. Our son has Autism and when we went last year - we couldn't see any of the Fireworks or shows due to him not liking the loud sounds. All we want is one night to see Wishes. We don't do babysitting at all and the one time we did try to do dinner and put him in Cub's Den....I got a call while in Artist Point as soon as we sat down - like 200ft away :) that he wanted his best friend MOM. That broke my heart so I got him and brought him to dinner with us. I know, I am a sucker.

Anyway...sorry about that tangent. The point I was trying to make is that WL is fabulous. It's cozy and while it is large, it isn't sprawling.

This year I am going to try and rent points and stay at the Villas there if I can. After I priced WL with the additional $25 for an extra adult in the room- it was getting a bit pricey for us since we are paying for her too.

Pretty expensive just to have a babysitter for one night:rotfl: But I know she will enjoy it and she will also enjoy my son with the characters.

Good luck!

MeLaNie9
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
How about the Poly? We love it because of the monorail and the atmoshere. :thumbsup2
Oops - I should have said that we want to try a place that we haven't stayed at yet. We were at the Poly in 2006 - we did love it though! We like to try something new each time though!

I invited my MIL to come with us this year too. Our son has Autism and when we went last year - we couldn't see any of the Fireworks or shows due to him not liking the loud sounds. All we want is one night to see Wishes.

Pretty expensive just to have a babysitter for one night:rotfl: But I know she will enjoy it and she will also enjoy my son with the characters.

I can totally see where you are coming from. Unfortunately, my MIL and SIL did not even offer to "watch the kids" for us to do anything on our own! They were pretty high maintenance....sigh. I hope that your MIL-in-WDW experience works out. Wishes is great! Enjoy!

40-Something Kid
01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
We last stayed at WL in 1998 and 2005. It is wonderful, very woodsy and cozy. Love the pool, and bike riding paths between WL and FW. You can ask for a room location near the bus stop. You may know WL also has a boat to MK. It's the least expensive deluxe, and like all of the resorts, pricing varies a lot depending on season and what discounts you may have available. Your choice of timing--the week after Thanksgiving--is probably as good as it gets for pricing!!!!

I've also stayed at POFQ in 2000. My impression was that the rooms are just okay, but that the landscaping is exquisite. We had a car, a great convenience for that resort.

Another very off-the-wall idea--not a big chance that this would be appealing.......but anyway.......would the Disney FW Cabins be a choice to consider? We've stayed there about 6 times. (To put that into context, I am a nonrecovering Disney addict, and have taken about 40 trips to Disney, and now that I'm older (Big Five-Oh very soon), the deluxes are usually my choice.) I would not recommend that anyone book or agree to stay in an FW cabin without seeing pictures--they have a rustic decor. I think they're cute--not wonderful, not exciting--they are Daniel Boone Disney, not elegant Disney. As with any of the resorts, if you request a stop close to the bus stop, your MIL can avoid big hikes--but in the case of the cabins, the "hotel entrance" is the front door. Since they have fully equipped kitchens, you can stock up so that food is available in the cabin--that might be an advantage with your MIL's limitation. Golf cart rentals are available to get around within the resort--to the pools, the stores, Bike Barn, the petting farm, the restaurants, etc. Cabins sleep six, with a bedroom and a pull-down Murphy bed in the living area. Undiscounted price in your time frame is $249--a golf cart would push that to about $300 undiscounted.

That said, I think your first instinct about WL is right on. Since late November--early December is a discount bull's eye, you can probably get a decent rate. Love that place.