PDA

View Full Version : Help Me: BWV or SSR

momfor3princesses
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Please help me decide::confused3
Boardwalk Villas or Saratoga Springs.

If I choose the SSR I will save $1000. What do you think? I like BWV because of the location but I like the idea of saving the money. My party consists of 3 adults and 3 children ages 10, 10, and 7popcorn::

Tell me your thoughts, please and thanks in advance.:flower3:

Donald is #1
01-13-2008, 08:53 PM
For a $1000 savings, I would go for SSR. Yes, you will need to take buses to EPCOT and the studios but you can walk or take a boat to DTD. Also, SSR does not share buses with any other resorts so while there are 5 bus stops at the resort, you don't need to go to other resorts like you do at BWV.

wdwscout
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Please help me decide::confused3
Boardwalk Villas or Saratoga Springs.

If I choose the SSR I will save $1000. What do you think? I like BWV because of the location but I like the idea of saving the money. My party consists of 3 adults and 3 children ages 10, 10, and 7popcorn::

Tell me your thoughts, please and thanks in advance.:flower3:

Even though I love the Boardwalk- I'd go for the savings. $1000 is a lot of money and SSR is a terrific resort.

Ask for the Congress Park section with a view of Downtown Disney. It's a quick walk to Downtown Disney's Marketplace.
I have also heard the new Grandstand section is very nice. You can walk over to the West side easily from there- great if the kids like Disney Quest!

5 for WDW
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
This is just MY opinion but, I would pick SSR.

I stayed at SSR for ten days in September and BWV for a quick stay last month.

I have to say the location of BWV is a given. Walking to two parks is awesome.

But, while BWV is a beautiful resort, I can't put my finger on why I did not like it more. :confused3 I did not care for the one bus stop and sharing with the Swan. I prefer the condo style feel of SSR. I don't quite know why though...lol. Our one bedroom was clean and the CM's were great. The clown slide actually freaked me out a little...lol. I would stay again for a short stay.

I love everything about SSR. It seems newer and fresher to me compared to BWV (room anyway). Yes, the resort is large so the buses can be busy by the last stop but, no stopping at other resorts. The pools at SSR were great.

Both are great. I just prefer SSR. I know lots of other people will disagree with me though. ;) The money you would save would be a given for me as well. More goodies!! :goodvibes

Have a great trip wherever you stay!

rie'smom
01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
We're DVC members at BWV but I'd choose to save the $$$$$.

SUSIEQ
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
We're DVC members at BWV but I'd choose to save the $$$$$.

Same here. Although I LOVE BWV, I'd stay at SSR to save $1,000!

Deb & Bill
01-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Your two bedroom at BWV will be a lock off. Meaning a combination of a one bedroom and a studio. Two exits, two sleeper sofas (one in the living room and one in the second bedroom). At SSR, you might be able to get a dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the second bedroom and no second exit. There are no dedicated two bedrooms at BWV.

Other than that, the rooms will be very similar.

I'd go with SSR.