PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!!! :)

Jrabbit910
01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Dis,

Can you please help me choose a hotel... First time traveling as a family:love: ... it will be myself, Dh & DS (1)- the choices are (as of right now)... :rotfl:

POLY- WL- BC-
Which one would you choose and why?!?!?

Thanks so much all! :)

loco4dis
01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I've not stayed at Poly or BC, but I think WL is really well suited for having a small child with you. It's all indoors (a hotel), relatively small so it's not far to get the little guy a snack, the pool is very little kid friendly, and it's the quickest ride (by boat) to Magic Kingdom, which is the best park for the wee little ones. If I were traveling with a 1-year-old, that is where I'd want to be.

PrincessBride07
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
My choice would be WL followed by Poly and lastly BC.

I love the WL with its theming, and it's close proximity to the MK. The poly seems just as nice, and it has the advantage of the monorail. It is a little too expensive for me though. Also, not a real big fan of having to leave the main building to go to my room. The BC I just really don't care for. The upside is it is close to Epcot and the Studios. You also have the boardwalk nearby with plenty of dining and entertainment.

wdwscout
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I would go for the Beach Club.
Like the WL, it is also all indoors, and the pool area for babies and toddlers is great!
Good food choices, great places to wander around outside- gardens, around the lake, over to the Boardwalk, etc.
Plus you can walk or boat into Epcot and MGM.
You've got a character breakfast right there in the lobby (Cape May Cafe), plus the BC Marketplace has a good variety of foods for the room, quick serve sanwiches and breakfasts, gelato, and more.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
We're headed for our 5th trip to the Lodge in May, we love it there. The one thing that is tops for us is that everything is under one roof. Love that! Our 8 yr. old dd calls it "our home away from home" :rotfl:

Disney Fans
01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
My kids are now 5 and 7 and when we 1st went to WDW 4 years ago we stayed at the Beach Club because their pool is the best at WDW and it is the 3rd best in all of Fl. the pool area has such a wonderfull kid and baby area that is just like the 5 star resorts in Hawaii!! I also love the fact that the BC doesn't have near the rooms that the other DEX resorts have so less people and more laid back.
But I also do Love Poly and the really all of the WDW resorts each for different reasons but for a 1st time I think the BC would be great for you and having little ones or next I would go with the Poly.
WL seems really cool also but the time from it to other places can take a bit of time which can not be fun when you have little ones.:) That may need naps, etc. Which I have heard from a few friends that have stayed there.:)

But you will have a Great time no matter which one you go with!!

MeLaNie9
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Poly!
Being able to go back and forth from MK and Epcot with your child in the stroller (don't have to take him out like when riding the bus) was invaluable for us. The rooms were spacious - plenty of room even with the crib in it. We loved the decor/atmosphere. Only thing we didn't like was the long waits for the buses when we did take them (the bus for DTD was the worst).
We have stayed at YC which was nice but not our thing.
I have always wanted to stay at WL - I don't know how this is for young kids.