PDA

View Full Version : Visit which Resort for the day w/4 year old?

baseballmom3
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Last year my Son and I had a day to ourselves. We went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Downtown Disney for the day.

This year we will have another day to ourselves to visit Resorts. We are staying at POR. Which one do you suggest? We will probably go in the morning and then back to POR for a swim and nap.

Bloomingbeauti
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
If your just going to a resort to see it and maybe eat, I think Wilderness Lodge would be fun they have the Geyser and Whispering Canyon Cafe is so fun! If you switched your visit for night I would say the campground would be fun for the nightly outdoor movie and campfire songs

enyaj40
01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
the campground also has a petting zoo and pony rides...or at least they did when we were there in '98

my son was six at the time and loved it

baseballmom3
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
The Lodge sounds nice. We did do the Campground last year for the Campfire with Chip and Dale so we have seen that.

What about the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and Yacht Club Resorts. Any worth visiting?

Deb & Bill
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
the campground also has a petting zoo and pony rides...or at least they did when we were there in '98

my son was six at the time and loved it

I also took my son to Ft Wilderness to the petting zoo when he was five. We walked out to the boat dock and could sit and watch the lake. Or you might even play in the sand or ride a boat over to the MK.

baseballmom3
01-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Any other suggestions?

Desnik
01-15-2008, 08:07 AM
The Lodge sounds nice. We did do the Campground last year for the Campfire with Chip and Dale so we have seen that.

What about the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and Yacht Club Resorts. Any worth visiting?

The BW during the day is pretty dead. It's much better to visit it in the evening. The YC/BC really doesn't have anything for a day visit that would appeal to a kid. The GF is beautiful, maybe you could book your DS in one of the kids activities like the Pirate Cruise if he is older than 4. Other wise maybe you could rent a boat from the GF marina. My kids love doing that. You could then have lunch at Gasparilla Grill which has arcade games there too. DH and I went on a trip in Oct. without our kids and I tell you we had the most fun at the arcade at the CR! We aren't arcade people either but we had a blast! Also, we loved the shops there and walking around outside at the marina.(we were staying there) We also rented a boat from here and had lunch. It was a great day.

spiceycat
01-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Pop or all star movie - if you can walk around the place.

Pop has a nice arcade - so does POR.

CR - the monrail going thru the resort - lots of kids like that.

Calle&Jakesmom
01-18-2008, 07:56 AM
My favorite places to stay are the Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Polynesian... but if you're only going for a day, you might want to think about heading the EPCOT resorts because it will offer you lots of options. If I were you, I wouldn't stay at just one of these resorts for the whole day. There is a great walking path that runs from the "backdoor" of EPCOT and circles through Beach/Yatch Club, Swan/Dolphin, and the Boardwalk. You could walk this loop and stop in at all the resorts. You could eat at the Boardwalk (Your son would love the ESPN club). The inside of the Boardwalk is beautiful and is nice to take a walk around. There are lots of out of the way places to explore (inside & out). The lobbys of the Swan & Dolphin are also great places to check out. You can also rent boats or bikes at these resorts. It would give you lots to do and see for the day and you wouldn't be limited to just one resort. Also, there is a boat that runs between EPCOT & the studios and stops at all the reorts along the way. You could take advantage of this for the fun of it or if the walking gets too much.
Depending on how much time you have, another option would be to do this loop and also take the quick walk into EPCOT for a stroll around. England/Paris are minutes from the Beach Club & Boardwalk. Also, if you're up for a little more walking, there is a path that runs from Dolphim/Swan & Boardwalk that is about a 10-15 minute really nice walk to Disney Studios. These ideas work well only if you have an annual pass or something so that you can use it to go into one or two of the parks for just a quick visit. If you don't have an annual pass, you could take the trip only up to the gate and enjoy the view and the walk without actually entering the parks.
Have fun!! Just thinking about it makes me want to be there now!!

bear22
01-18-2008, 08:44 AM
After doing my first choice of AKL, I suggest the WL. Try going to Magic Kingdom and then taking the boat there. You could also visit Ft. Wilderness next door.

ntsammy5
01-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Wilderness Lodge is great.