PDA

View Full Version : ???Have you ever had trouble getting a refund???

dennisnlisab96
01-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Two weeks ago I cancelled a package we had booked for March and changed to a room only reservation. We will be coming down for a cheerleading comp and found out we could upgrade the passses we were getting from 4 day hoppers to 7 day hoppers when we get there. I had paid a total of $700.00 on the package reservation using 2 different debit cards...when I called Disney to ask why I hadn't received my refund yet they told me they process refunds within 24 hours and it was my banks problem...called both banks. They tell me they have nothing pending adn if it were processed as quickly as they say it should be back in my account within 10 business days if not sooner.. I might belive this could be the case if it were one bank but I find it hard to believe that BOTH of my bank have a problem processing the refund. I called Disney again and they told me they could check on it because the reservation was cancelled and they could no longer look at it???!!! Has anyone ever had a problem like this and what did you do??? I want my $700.00 back to apply to my other reservation!!!:sad1:

safetymom
01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
I suggest calling again and have them get someone from guest relations on the line. They will be able to take a look at it.

polkadotminnie
01-13-2008, 05:10 PM
It took me several phone calls last year to get a refund on P&PP tixs when they sent me 25 instead of 5. Ask for a manager to speak with. You will have to be firm to get a manager on the phone. Good luck!

Jaymie
01-13-2008, 05:18 PM
I had changed a room only reservation to a package and my credit card was refunded fairly quickly. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't long.

That's brutal that they can't find your cancelled reservation. I would be fuming!

polkadotminnie
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
I sent you a PM. :cheer2:

ktink
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I had a problem with our refund last year. I had paid by check and debit card. The debit card portion was refunded within a few days. The check portion I was told would be sent out in 2 weeks. So 3 weeks later no check. I called and spoke to someone in guest services and they had the check overnighted, problem solved right, wrong. I get a $600 ck instead of the $1891 check. So I called back and finally I was overnighted a check. The process that was to take 2 weeks took well over a month. I will now pay only by debit card.

disnut8
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
You used debit cards. It takes quite a while for the bank to process refunds on those. They have to make sure the refund is legitimate. It's really not Disney's fault. It is the banks that are moving slow. I had to do a lot of research on this when our debit card was accidently used instead of my father-in-law's credit card for a vacation. Three rooms were charged to my debit card (I had made the reservation so that's why they had the number) and we had $1,000 taken out of our account. It really was a combination of my father-in-law not being specific on how he wanted to pay (my debit card is a Visa and so is his charge card). The desk clerk just asked if it should be left on the Visa. My father-in-law said yes, not realizing it meant MY Visa since I had made the reservation.

Anyway, as soon as we found out what happened, my father-in-law called the hotel and had them put through a refund to us and then used his credit card for payment. It took us a week to get our money back. The bank isn't going to put your $700 in your account unless they are absolutely sure it's not a scam. If they immediately gave you a refund, you could withdraw it immediately and then the bank would be out the $700 if the refund claim was false.

The joy of debit cards. Money is taken out immediately but it takes a while to get money back in a refund.

DrmWvr1299
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Recently I had to cancel and then a few weeks later rebooked. It took approximately 2-3 weeks to get my debit card credited. The CM told me it would take 10-14 business days for the refund.