PDA

View Full Version : "5/11 y dos" Thats 11 May Cruisers?

Joe & Joanne
03-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Hi:wave:
Seem to have a problem accessing a thread that has 22 pages of posts. Trying to see if this one takes.

Scott H
03-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Me too. I am not sure if it is on my end or the server. It seemed to be acting up yesterday.

This one might be easier to catch up on things and people.

My countdown shows 66 days till we leave. Excited about new camera for Lynn and just getting wet in some warm water with lots of critters. Of course there is a couple of days at WDW before and after.

We could call this thread "5/11 part duex" better yet "5/11 y dos" since we are going to Mexico.

jennifersmith23
03-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Yes, I couldn't access any of the threads yesterday. I was almost going through withdrawal. Good idea to start another thread. The last one was pretty long.

Scott - 66 days still seems way to long. How am I going to wait that long? I can't wait.

Jennifer Perez

SQUIGGLE
03-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I couldn't access the Board , Disney or the Two Palms cam yesterday. It was not my favorite day!! I thought it was me; but friend in another state said she was having trouble with some sites she was trying to access too.
It's getting closer; but why is it going soooo slowly?

Joe & Joanne
03-03-2002, 05:46 PM
Hi folks
Here is a link to Webcams in Key West.Key West Webcams (http://www.fla-keys.com/keywestcam.htm)

Enjoy

BWVPam
03-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Have any of you 5/11 cruisers received your shore excursion documents from Disney yet? I am on 5/25 and am getting a little anxious. I am most curious about Key West and seeing if Disney is going to change formal nights. Otherwise, with early dinner, shore excursions in Key West might be a little tough.

Thanks,

Pam

BunnyMom
03-03-2002, 07:18 PM
I am so glad I found you guys. I thought it was me doing something wrong. Heehee! I'll be around asking questions again. 67 days eh? Oh I have so much to learn in two little months.
Terry

RellingTwin
03-03-2002, 09:28 PM
I hope you folks know the rest of us are going to be waiting for FULL repots from you the SECOND you get back!Better yet...how about a report from the internet cafe????Remember your friends who are yet to sail!!! Have a wonderful time...and take NOTES!!LOL

Joe & Joanne
03-04-2002, 05:14 AM
Hi
Think this thread may roll as well.

RellingTwin: I thought our cruise was a party boat? Not sure if we will be able to find the Internet cafe? We will be limed out.

Other 11 May cruisers: Can everyone post the names of those going? I think it may be easier to remember all the names if we have a little advance notice. For example: The party of Joe & Joanne includes Brian and Jackque (28 & 24), WDWGoose is Gary and Vicki. The question is how about the other names and ages of all going? This way when we meet we will know something other than the DisBoard names? Email me if you would rather not post. Thanks

The party (sailaway) is still set for between the stacks deck 9? 4PM? I cant wait to hear the little whistle!

Wine tasting set?

Palos brunch ressies set in stone?

See ya around the ship......

Cinderella 2 in 2 weeks!

Scott H
03-04-2002, 07:50 AM
Scott H is Scott and Lynn. Staying on deck 7, stateroom 7084. Joe are you all going to keep this list and email it before we depart?

Shore Excursions : We will be doing a self guided walking tour in Key West concluding with Mallory Sq. for sunset munching conch fritters. Diving at the other ports of call.

Yes.......... we will do trip reports after or during the cruise. Ok everyone stand in front of your computer put your right hand in the air and your left hand on your computer and promise to do a trip report. :D :jester: What if the dog eats my trip report???? I could happen. Really!! it could.

Is Robin still hosting the screw top wine tasting?

jennifersmith23
03-04-2002, 08:20 AM
My party consists of Jennifer (24), Leo (24) and Brianna (6). Our stateroom is cat 9 guarentee, so I am not sure what our room number will be yet. My husband and I are just now looking at the shore excursions, but I definately want to go see the sting rays at Grand Caymen, and the Mayan ruins in Cozumel. I will probably leave dd behind on the ship for the sting rays. I don't want her to get freaked out by them. Has anyone else ever brough a younger child to Stingray City?

I am all for getting together sometime during the ship for either a wine tasting or brunch.

Keep us informed.

Thanks,
Jennifer Perez

Hygiene99
03-04-2002, 03:45 PM
for those who have not been to brunch at Palo's it was awesome
when we where on the magic .....
Peter age 36 surveyor , local 4
Jennifer age 32 dental hygienist
and we have a secret port hole cabin believe it is 5022
No kids Yet.. soon have u seen the Commercial....

Joe & Joanne
03-04-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi
Scott, we will be in 7034-36, Brian and Jacquie will be in 34, us in 36. I was going to compile the list and send out to all in an email since everyone does not have Word or Notepad.

The smell of Conch fritters bubbling away in the grease is coming back....aaaggh! Will need a walking tour, but have to stay out of the shyster T-Shirt places.

Jennifer...please ssshhh! We will all be watching your trip to the baths (ha!) Don't tell anyone when this might be, but do keep us informed for another comercial may be in the making. One trip enough?

Hygiene99, ScottH, Jennifersmith23 accounted for!

Scott how many days till hot bubbling oil?

BunnyMom
03-04-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi All,
BunnyMom is Terry(42) the hubby Pat(44) and son Ian(9) we are in 8066. Is this a good cabin? Not too noisy or rocky I hope.
Looking forward to all the great info from you veteran cruisers.
Terry

SQUIGGLE
03-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Fran & DD Laura. Room 6078 checking in.
The 4PM meet might be a problem. Won't we all be in our, always fashionable, orange vests at 4 PM?
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Scott H
03-04-2002, 06:55 PM
65 days on my countdown.

Yes on the hot oil a bubbling. Definitely avoid all the tacky T-shirt shops.

Thanks for keeping a list going.

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 04:38 AM
Hi

Fran and Laura, will be taking pics of you guys in the "fashionable vests"? Have ya checked in. Sail away Party is probably best for 5 PM or whatever time we all get up from our late afternoon snooze (not!) How about them Flyers!

CMATT you out there? Please say everything is OK? Please. You too Goose!

tigger24
03-05-2002, 05:53 AM
Tigger24 checking it. Bernadette (me)27 and dh Jon (28) will be there along with my parents Bob and Claire. I'm might get shot if I put their age, we will be in 6532. Bringing them on the cruise for their 30th anniverssary!!!
Can't wait to meet everyone!
Bernadette

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 06:01 AM
Tigger24
Noted, how about their names? OK?

tkd lisa
03-05-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi guys! Tried to do this last night but "the server is busy, please try again later!!!!"

We are:
DH - Tim (44)
DW, me - Lisa (37)
DD - Kaylie (10)
DS - Casey (8 1/2)

For excursions, I think we'll just wander in Key West. It was our second choice for this vacation, so I had quite a bit of info on it. But DH says the only thing he wants to do is parasail, and the kids say it sounds great too. Even though some people might think I'm fearless since I've got a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, that's done with at my feet at least reasonably near the ground! So, I'm not sure if I'm up for it!!!

Other than that, we're thinking of one of the animal type things at one of the other ports.

Can't wait til May!!

jennifersmith23
03-05-2002, 12:48 PM
I can't believe it guys...We got bumped from the first page. Keep posting...

Jennifer

wdwgoose
03-05-2002, 01:00 PM
ALLright now i found all thanx joe
for all you northern folks garry has 2 r 's
have up dated my list still short on names and rooms info.????
no word on t shirts will be there tomorrow .......

why are the days going soooooooo slow now???????

dh garry

wdwgoose
03-05-2002, 01:25 PM
WDWGOOSE *
CMATT
HYGIENE99 *
TIGGER24 *
TIGGERCG *
SQUIGGLE *
HOOKEDONMAJIC
JOE & JOANNE *
J& J BRIAN & JACKIE *
TNROBIN
MICKEY7811
SCOTTH *
DISNEYCRUZIN
STEPHMARTY
TAYNEVIEMOM
GRUMPYGIRL77
DISCRUIZINMOMMIE *
ANGELBILLE *
CRUISERNEWBIE *
CRUISINQUEEN
FIGMENT2002
TKDLISA *
TEXASKID
OFFWEGO
BUNNYMOM *
MJASP
JENNIFERSMITH23 *

this is the list i have * means i have most or all info
first names, ages, ( all or just children ) specials ( birthdays annv. ect. ) room #, city , state. if you are going to wdw before = after. stay at raddison ??? just places to meet everyone before cruise. email or pm us we would like to pass out sheets of all info before cruise joe can send it before or both ?????

garry

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 01:39 PM
Hi Cruisers

Roger on the list. GaRRy if you can pop that list into an email (cut and paste) and then send. Do not send through the board EMAIL it is screwy to say the least. JDunleavy@AOL.Com

Hygiene99
03-05-2002, 03:23 PM
60 day check list final payment made,
castaway club called shipboard credit $100.00
on reservation and we r very excited ..

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Hi

Congrats on the CC credit! Sure helps with the bills!

For those on the WDWGoose list, I cannot get the list he sent to me to open. Please email me with the particulars, have something neat for ya all!

wdwgoose
03-05-2002, 04:24 PM
I sent the list did it make it ????????????

garry

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi Folks

Got the list from Garry. Will post info needed for those Missing.

Will not post the list to the internet or these boards. If your email contact is off, you can send an email to me and I will send it back to you via a reply, though not through the boards (it slows them down and we know how that is)!

Still working on the surprise, but coming together nicely. I need accurate numbers and proper spelling of names though.

I will post it to a web page when done yippy!

Joe & Joanne
03-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi Folks
Click on the link for a surprise. I finally got this working and have to print out on Lime Green Paper but this is enough of a tease for now!

Just a Start (http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Joe+%26+Joanne&AID=202956&Pres=Y)

Click on the NEXT BUTTON!

Hygiene99
03-05-2002, 04:59 PM
so what is on the back ? what is the surprise ?
would like the list .
have u checked out the look who is crusing list to see if everybody is on the list ??
peter
contact Hygiene99@aol.com

jennifersmith23
03-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Wow Joe & Joanne. The second drawing is awesome. What is it going to be for???? A flier, the back of the shirt what??? You can't make us wait. I'll trade ya a bottle of Boones Farm for the secret... :D

65 days and some hours until we drive to the port. I can't wait. It is pathetic, but I can almost think of nothing else. My husband makes fun of me soooo bad.

Anyway, hello to everyone...

Jennifer

BunnyMom
03-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Okay, here goes
DH is Pat (44)
DW, that's me, Terry (42)
DS is Ian (9)
Hometown is Estell Manor, NJ (southwestern jersey)
Raddisson is a maybe, still don't have final flight plans
Contact is me at Njtreese@aol.com
(Hygeine99, saw that you were on aol, add me to buddy list)
(tkdlisa, don't know if you got my pm, the board went down so quickly. My Ian will write to your Casey in a day or two. He wants it to be just right to introduce himself.)
(Joe & Joanne, where in so. jersey? We're practically neighbors!!)

Can hardly contain my excitement!!!!!

wdwgoose
03-09-2002, 07:00 AM
just checking

wdwgoose
03-09-2002, 07:04 AM
ONE FIXED FOR NOW

TRY THE MAIN ONE

garry

Joe & Joanne
03-09-2002, 07:29 AM
Hi
Ok Garry what main one? The original thread? Got emails saying there were new posts but do not see em?

Is there a Darwin99 AND a Darwin91 out there?

I have Darwin91: Nick and Carol with Cassandra (4)

I have Darwin99: Nick and Carol with a Julie (10)

Are these correct?

Chat was fun last night and oh by the way Good Morning, hope we all have a great day!:)

Joe & Joanne
03-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Hi Folks

For some reason I have a Julie (10) going with someone? Is this a friend/daughter of anyone? Hope she is not lost?

Anyway how many Dalmations have gone to new homes? Who is counting? Scott H? He must be way too busy?

SQUIGGLE
03-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys! Since we will be in the Mexico area do you think we will hae a MEXICALIFRAGILISTIC night; instead of the Tropicalifragilistic night? Hmmmmmm???

Joe & Joanne
03-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Hi Folks

Now that IS a Plan! That would be a good substitute for my Friday Chinese fest....ahh the Margaritas a flowing...Robin you still got the keys? I think it will be a long night.

PS I did return them didn't I?

Hygiene99
03-09-2002, 12:20 PM
THOSE OF U STAYYING AT THE RADISION AT THE PORT THE NIGHT BEFORE
THERE IS A POST ON THE BOARD WITH A LINK THAT U CAN GET ROOM FOR $59.00 or $99.00
just booked it but still not sure if that is what we r going to do
59.00 is not bad..
still thinking of going to wdw......
peter
:D

Scott H
03-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Yes way too busy at work and I was out of town and away from the computer. Just have this afternoon at home , SCUBA class tonight, Sun Morning off and then SCUBA classes all Sunday afternoon and night, The back to the PIT on Monday. I really need a warm vacation after last week.

Countdown is at 60 days and dropping. Hey we can do shore excursions next week or even today or Sunday. YESSS!!!!!!!!

Joe, what are you scheming?

Sorry I missed chat last night. Sounds like it was a good time.

Now to catch up on what is a happening.

Is our info OK??

wdwgoose
03-10-2002, 06:33 PM
If I complete my scuba certification before the cruise is there anyone out there that I could buddie with for a dive or two or three??? DW says she won't do it, but has agreed to take lots of pictures from on top of the water.

garry

Mickey7811
03-10-2002, 10:53 PM
Mickey7811 checking in.

Traveling will be my husband, Mike, 51 and myself, Darlene, 51.

I think our cabin is 2060 - i love the big portholes.

My son might be coming - Michael 26 -

My husband will be scuba diving somewhere.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Darlene

Joe & Joanne
03-11-2002, 06:07 AM
Hi Folks

Up to 83 with a possible 84?

Any word on packages yet? WDWGoose, Mike (Mickey7811) and Scott may be a plan for the scuba? Joanne won't but I may. Right now it looks like Chillin at Key West, nothing specila planned or interested in, Cayman rental vehicle and drive aroud island on the wrong side of the road, Cozumel really want to get to Tulum and Xel-Ha and if we can do it quick enough then will go to Chaakanaab. If not then skip Chaak and go to C&Cs then watch the lights of Cozumel from the ship? Of course this will be a vacation so above is all subject to change.

Time is short! (not short enough)!.

jennifersmith23
03-11-2002, 07:03 AM
OK...

Which of the posts are we supposed to be using now. I've been posting on the Looney Cruise one, but now I see people using this one.

Help...

Jennifer

Hygiene99
03-11-2002, 05:02 PM
ok who did u book threw , we used Dreams unlimited travels
and u? just wondering after reading another post
if more than 8 staterooms r booked threw dreams u Sometimes get a little on board gift from them ..
peter

~*TinkerBell114*~
03-11-2002, 05:51 PM
sorry this is off subject but . . .

how do you guys feel about a certin friend of yours (wdwgoose) decied to leave there beautiful daughter (moi) at home for almost 2 weeks while there at Disney (which is supposed to be a family vacition spot?
thank you

jennifersmith23
03-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Hygeine,

If that question was directed to me about the gifts, I saw on Timon's trip report that she got a gift box in her state room upon arrival, and seem to remember that the DU said something about a gift in your stateroom.

Jennifer

Joe & Joanne
03-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Hi Folks

About posting here or there? Whichever one will get a post to the board quicker? I am starting to copy my message before sending so I dont have to re-wrtie it if it does not seem to go through? Make sense? If subscribed to both we will get the mesage and get the post. Not feeling too well tonight so its off to bed...outside in the cold and wind all day :-(. Must be wondering about the magic?

It seems we have a new subscriber on the board from LaSalle Canada? hhhhmmmmmmmm!

wdwgoose
03-11-2002, 07:45 PM
My DD Vanessa aka Tinkerbell114 has decided she doesn't want to stay at home while her parents take a much needed vacation (without her and her brother)

Not sure about her current location of LaSalle Canada though even I am a bit confused!!

Well it is now official I am to be the interim director of maternal infant services, (don't want the job for keeps). I know I will need both the wine tasting and the vacation long before May is here. With no serious candidates for the position who knows how long it might last. Maybe I will need another cruise when the position is finally filled. Anyone know if insurance covers DCL cruises as a form of stress reduction?:D

:wave: Vicki :wave:

Joe & Joanne
03-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi folks
Seems like a lot of responsiblity to take care of the horses and brother while folks are away on a business trip. Congrats on the new job! Director eh? A big shot(?), now do you get to handle all reports by yourself or just review them? Got to hand it to them nurses!!!!

All folks have not given me the names and numbers as of yet? Need at least names. WDWGoose you have any names for the Shirts?

TAY N EVIES MOM
CRUZINMOMMIE
CRUISERNEWBIE
CRUISERNEWBIE (add)
CRUISINQUEEN
FIGMENT2002
STEPHMARTY

DIScrusnmommie
03-12-2002, 03:22 AM
Hi all,

Been trying to post for a week now! GEEZ!! WEll...........It's official.....we wont be joining you:( We had an unexpected expense and wouldnt be able to get our airfare till mid April. DH didnt want to take any chances with the flight so we had to cancel. I reluctantly agreed with the condition that the remainder of the cruise price would go towards a local cruise. He said that we may be able to go on the Wonder for 4 days during thanksgiving.:( But I wanted to go with you.
I'm very bummed, but if you'll have me I'll stick around. I'm still working on that Palo ressie for you all. And I expect you all to bring me back terrfic trip reports. LOL
Talk to you all soon.
Kelly

Joe & Joanne
03-12-2002, 04:43 AM
Hi Folks

As you can see from the post above the DIScrusnmommie crew wont be joining us :( . We have lost a fine group of traveling partners. Can cut down on the Boones Farm? We now have 53/25 (adults/children).

My vote is to have DISCrusnmommie hang around with us anyway. Kelly has made the right decision for her family and that is most important. The good thing is, I think I know where the Dalmations are going. They will have a great time in So. Cal. Kelly, do you want some help with the dog food? Have some salmon I can send ya! Maybe CMATT or Goose can send some smelt as well? Sorry you and the kiddos can't make the trip. Email either WDWGoose or myself if you don't want to keep following up on the Palos stuff. Names and numbers of the folks wishing to attend brunch and your contact phone number? We can handle that much for you. You need to let us know when the next cruise is confirmed so we can all join you again. Yea!

If anyone out west has some rain they can send us, I would appreciate it. It seems we in NJ won't be able to water our veggie garden :mad: I guess that means no tomatoes this summer and no sauce next fall! The honey bees won't be happy either! :eek:

Ok, its hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go...

TnRobin
03-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Per DCL, I am the first person to book my excursion for the Western Carribean Cruise.

Joe & Joanne
03-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Hi folks

Robin: I thougtht the info out was only tentative? Did you get docs and a package as of yet? Was hoping it would be here today but there was no sence to rush home, not in the mailbox:mad:

Oh Well we will keep looking?

WDWGoose: Do we have more to add to the list?

DIScrusnmommie
03-12-2002, 05:35 PM
Thank you Joe and Joanne for your kind words. I'm still a little bummed but promise to take very good care of the Dalmations. I will take them with me on my cruise.LoL
Actually I heard from DCL this morning. The last time I checked there were only 39 confimed for Palo and that was including myself and DH. Everyone who is interested MUST Let me know Immidiately! They are now trying to get 40 people in together. If theres more I have to let them know ASAP so they can contact the ship or they may have to split everyone into two groups:(
Please let me know.
talk to you all soon.
Kelly

Joe & Joanne
03-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Hi Folks

Discrusnmommie: Can you please print those folks you have collected for Palo's? This way we wont have to do a rolls call again. Thanks so much

DIScrusnmommie
03-12-2002, 09:44 PM
tried on the looney board no luck:
Okay everyone here is the list that I have so far for Palo Brunch:

JoeandJoanne=4
wdwgoose=2
cmatt=2
tigger24=4
tnrobin=2
angelbile=4
hygiene99=2
offwego=2
jennifersmith23=2

Okay so as of right now we have a total of 24 people. Is this it?
Please let me know;) I'll call her back as soon as I have a total. If she calls me first then we'll stick with the 40 max.

Thanks all, oh and someone snatch me one of those lithos. LOL

Kelly

TnRobin
03-13-2002, 07:04 AM
I called special services (number is on the website) and asked them to fax me the excursions. They are the same as are posted on the board. Then I called back and made our reservations. Very easy. The CM that I spoke with, Patrick, was very helpful. He was also able to tell me the departure time for the excursions so that I could make my final decision.

wdwgoose
03-13-2002, 08:53 AM
INAUGRAL WESTERN CRUISE 5/ 11 / 2002

ITS WORKING again

garry

Joe & Joanne
03-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi Folks

Please post to the original thread 11 May 2002 Innagural as it is back up and working..I was going to delete this thread but decided to let it die on the server. Justifiably so, since we have all died several times over when the server was not up and working:smooth:

wdwgoose
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
HAY ANYONE REMEMBER THIS THREAD?????????

gaRry

SQUIGGLE
01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey, Mr Goose. That was a great cruise (aren't they all?)
How have you been? wonder if anyone else is lurking out there.

Take care

fran

wdwgoose
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
WELL ITS ME THATS SLOW

I HAVE an issue with my health

canceled the MAY 27 cruise becuase DD graduation changed too JUNE 2

I'm still on for HOLIDAY 06 cruise

:firefight