PDA

View Full Version : If you could redecorate your favorite resort

safetymom
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
what would you do?

ducklite
01-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I'd take the RPC and make it into a true world-class concierge level comparable to a concierge level at a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons in terms of service and amenities. I'd replace the linens with Frette sheets and duvets, the towels with over sized Egyptian cotton ones, I'd add a pillow menu, and change the bathrooms so each had both a jetted soaking tub and seperate shower with both a rainhead and hand held.

safetymom
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
bump

Buzz2001
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Not a thing! No wait, add queen beds instead of doubles.

Tonya2426
01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
I'd change it (at any and all of the resorts) so the beds were pillow top mattresses with a fitted bottom sheet!!!!! I absolutely hate it when a bed is made with a flat sheet as the bottom sheet. YUCK!!!! :eek:

And I would put a refrigerator in all of the value resort rooms.

PrincessBride07
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
The one annoyance on our last trip was the bathroom vent in the WL. It was motion censored, and always shut off when we needed it to stay on...like in the shower.

One other small change I would make, I would take the pineapples designs out of CBR. As many times I have been to the Caribbean, I have never seen pineapples.

Deb & Bill
01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I would move my Eurotop bed to OKW. Everything else would remain. Maybe make the sleeper sofa more comfortable to sit on - more cushion to the cushions and change the texture of the fabric. Fitted sheets would be nice. No foam blankets (get real cotton for summer, wool for winter); maybe flannel sheets for winter.

Hey, PrincessBride, we went on a tour of a pineapple plantation in Jamaica. It was really neat.

tinabheart
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
CBR - it's pretty perfect already...but if granted three wishes I would take the following:

- Queen size beds instead of double (there's room!)
- Drapes that close all the way! LOL
- OPR to stay open later at night

mom2taylorandemily
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I agree with the Queen beds in all the resorts.

PrincessBride07
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey, PrincessBride, we went on a tour of a pineapple plantation in Jamaica. It was really neat.

Ok, it makes sense now. :idea: Jamaica is one of the places that I haven't been to down there. Seriously, DH and I were wondering why they had pineapples because we had never seen them there.

enyaj40
01-14-2008, 05:38 AM
either queen beds or more king beds

some of the bedspreads i've seen are absolutely garish

micmacmissy
01-14-2008, 06:41 AM
I would try to rid the Poly of that 70's-Brady Bunch-goes-to-Hawaii vibe. Get rid of all the dark brown and orange in the public spaces and lighten it up.

micmacmissy
01-14-2008, 06:42 AM
I'd take the RPC and make it into a true world-class concierge level comparable to a concierge level at a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons in terms of service and amenities. I'd replace the linens with Frette sheets and duvets, the towels with over sized Egyptian cotton ones, I'd add a pillow menu, and change the bathrooms so each had both a jetted soaking tub and seperate shower with both a rainhead and hand held.

Amen to that! I'd be first in line.