PDA

View Full Version : what to bring for an infant

mtslone
01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Hoping to get some response on this by posting this on the resort thread:

We are returning to disney in 2 weeks (went in November of 2006 - when we had one child, 3) staying at the POR. We have 2 children now, a four year old and a 6 month old. (Don't worry, in addition to my DH and I, my sister is coming along to provide an extra set of hands!).

I am curious for those who have gone with an infant, (and had to fly) what types of travel toys/items did you bring to help entertain the child when you were in the room?

Any hints/ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Frankiesmom
01-13-2008, 12:57 PM
We always just bring a small child size backpack with some books,small cars,trains. That is really enough-you'll be overwhelmed with all the disney things I'm sure you'll be picking up during your trip!
I do make sure to pack extra baby wipes-you'd be surprised how many extra you use while at WDW;and the ones they sell at the baby areas aren't as good as the pampers wipes. The disposable small plastic baby utensils are very helpful too;as are the disposable bibs. Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

ppan77
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Buy some new toys before the trip. Hand them out as you travel. My ds2 got a new car everyday on our trip. Light up toys for your 6 month old you can pull out on the plane. Hot wheels for your older child. And never leave home without a portable DVD player and a few movies! You can play them in the room, on the plane, and at any sit down restaurants. Lifesaver!

DisneyGuy758
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
If yur going to fly make sure you also pack at least 4 extra outfits for baby and something for you in the carry on. Its a pain to carry but when you need them its nice to have them. we needed everything and more we packed.

Elmo888
01-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Disposable changing pad, bibs, and sippy cups are very handy when traveling.

Jaymie
01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
A friend taught me a little trick that served me well in Disney with a 5 mth old. The little clips that you use to keep the baby's pacifier attached to them, instead of attaching the pacifier, I attached small toys and even a cloth book. Then I attached them to the stroller (not the baby). That way I wasn't picking up toys or losing toys while travelling with the stroller.

My infant carrier was pretty useful on the rides and while waiting in line too.