PDA

View Full Version : Two rooms port orleans riverside or one bedroom OKW?

cottontail
01-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Hello:

Looking at a trip to wdw. To those who have stayed at both, which would you recommend for a quiet place and lots of trees/shrubs/flowers?

A one bedroom at okw resort or two rooms at any of the port orleans resort. There will be me, hubby and adult daughter. The okw is more money.

Thanks,

Deb.

DebbieB
01-13-2008, 10:28 AM
An OKW 1 bedroom will have a king bed and a pullout sofa in the living room. Will someone be happy sleeping on the pullout? The OKW 1 bedroom is great, you have a full kitchen, a jacuzzi, washer/dryer. On the other hand, 2 rooms at POR would give you 4 double beds and 2 bathrooms.

eyeheartgoofy
01-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I prefer the atmoshpere at POR more than OKW. I just love the pool area there and the gift shop and food court. The piped in music is also to my likeing. Plus, it felt a lot smaller. I also had much better boat service to DTD from POR than OKW.

BUT, the 1 bedroom at OKW is HUGE. Plus, you will also have a kitchen and a laundry room. Then again, you will only have one bathroom (2 sinks though and separate areas so two people can be getting ready at once.). I do think that OKW is quieter.

Both have nice landscaping.

ccw
01-15-2008, 04:30 AM
I like both resorts and either would be perfectly fine for your needs. Consider the trade off between having two bathrooms (POR) or having full kitchen, nice living area for relaxing together, balcony with table and chairs, and ability to park right outside your unit (OKW). What matters most to you? Of course, the higher cost of OKW has to be factored in as well. Is it worth it to you? Frankly, if the trip is just a short one, I could easily stay in one POR room or one OKW studio with my husband and one adult child and spend the money we save on another trip! When at WDW, we do not spend lots of time in our room.

JPN4265
01-15-2008, 04:53 AM
Two bathrooms!!!!!!! at Riverside.:worship:

spiceycat
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
either would work.

the 1-bedroom at OKW is very nice. the full kitchen is great you don't have to eat at WDW. You can eat in your room. Not cooking - just get food that require only warming up or mircowaving. Of course baking cookies is also fun.

the parking - well some POR has parking as close as OKW - just depends upon where they will be staying.

You have more room at OKW.

at POR you will definitely be hitting the parks - at OKW there is less of a reason to leave.