PDA

View Full Version : Help with this villa please, is Legacy Park Doable?

lucyanna girl
01-11-2008, 11:13 PM
In my never-ending quest for a vacation home I have come across a few I am considering.

My DH is away for a few days and I am trying to gather all my info on each house.

One of the "homes of interest" is in Legacy Park. That is further away than I had originally planned on but it seems like a very nice house at a good rate.

Here is the location description given by the home-owner:

The villa is 1.5 mile south of highway 27 and road 192, with quick and easy access to highway 27 and I-4.

It is only 10 minute drive away from the major Disney theme parks, 25 minutes from Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Sea World, and 30 minutes from Orlando International Airport. There is a super Walmart just a 2 minute drive away

What do you think? Thanks.

Penny

TinkerBellToo2
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=lucyanna girl;22538623]In my never-ending quest for a vacation home I have come across a few I am considering.

My DH is away for a few days and I am trying to gather all my info on each house.

One of the "homes of interest" is in Legacy Park. That is further away than I had originally planned on but it seems like a very nice house at a good rate.

Here is the location description given by the home-owner:

The villa is 1.5 mile south of highway 27 and road 192, with quick and easy access to highway 27 and I-4.

It is only 10 minute drive away from the major Disney theme parks, 25 minutes from Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Sea World, and 30 minutes from Orlando International Airport. There is a super Walmart just a 2 minute drive away

What do you think? Thanks.

Penny[/Q

Hi

This will be the 2nd time that we will rent a vacation home. Last year we stayed at Legacy Park ourselves. Our home was great we had a 4 br 3 b home with pool. I would never stay at a hotel or motel again. It was the best experience ever. Legacy Park is a very nice place and is close to everything easy access to 192 right down the road. You will not regret staying there.

Great area I think you are making a wonderful choice. Have fun

By the way we stayed in the area called the Retreat.... Where will you be staying??

lucyanna girl
01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure. To tell you the truth, I've looked at web-sites until my eyes are crossed.

This one is one of my top three. One of the others is at Emerald Island, the other is also in Legacy Park. You seem to be able to get more "bang for the buck" in LP.

Thanks for the help. We are staying for two weeks and I didn't want to wind up so far from the parks it would be a pain to get there.

Penny

mungo
01-12-2008, 06:31 AM
We think its great here and always stay at Highgate on Legacy.

The distances are about right and we have had no problem getting to any parks.

There are plenty of Restaurants in the vicinity now and a large walmart and publix.

ahoward
01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
I've looked at some there also. During peak times, how long does it take to get to the parks or back to the house?

JANNYANS
01-12-2008, 02:13 PM
If you exit Legacy Park and go straight across you can use West side Blvd to get to 192 and the parks that way .Eventually when Funie Steed is finished you can get to Sherberth without using 192 at all .There will be traffic signals at the 27/Florence Villa Grove within the next 18 months to make the junction easier .

mungo
01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
If you exit Legacy Park and go straight across you can use West side Blvd to get to 192 and the parks that way .Eventually when Funie Steed is finished you can get to Sherberth without using 192 at all .There will be traffic signals at the 27/Florence Villa Grove within the next 18 months to make the junction easier .

I agree, we used this road last time we were out, but sometimes it is still closed

JANNYANS
01-12-2008, 09:34 PM
West side isn't closed although both carriage ways are not in use at the moment I have just come down it from Olive Garden sometimes there is a road closed sign from the 27 end but nothing from the 192 end but the road is usable as there are no work men there so not sure why they don't take the sign down .