PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy World 1 Christmas time

Echo queen
01-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Has anyone stayed at FW during the Christmas holiday season? Do they decorate? Was the pool heated? How did you like the resort. I am looking at booking 12/26/ to 01/02/09. Thanks would love to hear any comments about this resort.

mkw111
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
There are much better places than fantasy condos, try condo at windsor hills or windsor palms. we stayed at fantasy world before, We stayed at windsor palms 3 bedroom condo over looking the pool and much loser to disney that fantasy world

Glenn:yay:

dougsmom98
01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Our first villa experience was at Fantasy World Villas and we really enjoyed it. We booked through hotelmartusa.com. We got a price of $68 per night including taxes. We planned on staying there again and booked through the same company a year later, but a few months prior to our trip, the company contacted us and let us know they were doing renovations. They upgraded us from a 2 bedroom at Fantasy World, to a 3 bedroom at Windsor Palms. When we arrived at Windsor Palms, they upgraded us from a condo to a 4 bedroom house. It was awesome. While we loved Fantasy World for our first villa experience (especially for the price), we got spoiled at Windsor Palms and each vacation we try to top the last one.

Pros of Fantasy World:
-excellent price when booked through hotelmartusa.com, my DH was talking to some people who worked there and they asked how much we paid. When we told them they said we got a great deal because if you book directly from them it was over $100 + tax
-Pool and hot tub were nice. There was a pool side bar and pool towels.
-There were plenty of close food options, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Krispy Creme Donuts (my favorite), Olive Garden
-There is a Wal Mart not too far if you travel on 192 away from Disney.
-There is a smaller grocery store, I think a Publix, fairly close (maybe one mile marker away)

Cons:
-This is an older property. The accommodations are basic but still much better than any hotel room.
-It is not really a "resort"
-This is not the closest location to Disney. I think it is mile marker 11 on 192. World Drive is mile marker 4. This was not a problem for us because we left early in the morning. We even came home for lunch and a swim and would head back in the evening and while the traffic was busier, it didn't seem like it took too long.

I wasn't there at Christmas time so I can't comment on decorations. Sorry!
Good luck!

patman
01-14-2008, 06:48 AM
I stayed at Fantasy World three times but the last time was 5 years ago.
The first two times were great but the 3rd time was terrible. And I mean terrible.

You hear posters complain about cracked tile, I am talking dirty- dont take your socks off dirty. I am not a complainer and it does not take a lot to please me
but in this case AAA got involved and got my money back for me.

Good luck, but I think you will be better off somewhere else.

Echo queen
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your responses, I have choosen not make ressies here. :grouphug: