PDA

View Full Version : Disney Area Hotels

MrOCD-isney
01-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Ok, so the good news is that I managed to convince my wife that an early March trip to Orlando was a good idea. Not only do I get to finally live a life long dream of attending spring training, but I was also able to persuade a side trip to Disney!! This is amazing in itself, considering we were just there in October, 07.

Anyway, I need advice as to off-site hotels. Two of our eight nights will be at a wonderful resort, courtesy of the Dis team email contest. The other six nights must, as a concession to my wife, be at an off property hotel with a $50-60 a night range. There seem to be many (more that 30) hotels that meet that criteria, but I was wondering if there were any that DIS members recommend or, despise. I do not trust Travelocity's ratings, as, being a frequent traveller for my work, have been greatly disappointed by their member ratings.

We are looking for cleanliness, good shuttle service, and wifi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MS_mom_1965
01-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I have no help for you, but I'm looking for a one night hotel in that price range also before we check in at the POR. I'm not interested in shuttle service, but clean and safe are definite musts - quiet and easy to find wouldn't hurt either.

dougsmom98
01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
There were recently reviews about the Travelodge and the Ramada Main Gate West on the review boards, here are the links to them.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576932
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576932

Good Luck.

MS_mom_1965
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I think both links go to the same post. Would you post the link for the Travelodge please?

dougsmom98
01-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry! I posted two of the same review links. The two I listed are both for Travelodge. Here is the Ramada link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556255

polkadotminnie
01-13-2008, 10:20 AM
If you aren't worried about the view from your room, you might want to research and bid on a room through a bidding site. We have been happy when we weren't set on a particular resort.

tnmomof4
01-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know what hotel to recommend, but I do know one that I would recommend not staying at. Did you say despise? Yes, I would say I despise this one. I only stayed here one time, but we did have two rooms and both were the same. They were rooms 2112 and 2114.

Last year I wanted to spend our first night in Orlando close to Disney, so I asked for good, cheap off-site hotels to stay at. I got a few recommendations for the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vist. It was in June and it was only $55 a night.

It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We do a lot of traveling and have stayed at a lot of hotels. The rooms were so dirty... no filthy, dirty. There were little bugs everywhere in the room. (Not sure what they were) Gnats were in the fridge. The bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. The towels were very thin and had some places where they were actually worn through. I usually make my kids wear socks in hotels because I know the floors are dirty, but I had to throw the socks out they were so black and nasty. The sheets were dirty. I asked for new ones, and they were dirty too.

The workers were extremely rude. Every single worker we encountered was rude - the front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant, and the Mini Market. Even the two managers I talked to about problems were rude. I have to say that I was really nice, and they were still rude.

Anyway.... I could go on, but don't stay here.