PDA

View Full Version : Back Road Route from Windsor Hills?

Emme
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
If 192 is backed up, is there a back way into WDW from Windsor Hills? I know others have mentioned it I just can't find the posts... If so can I have the directions?
Thanks!;)

Brian Noble
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
North on Old Lake Wilson. Left onto Westgate Blvd (the entrance to the huge Westgate resort there---right across from the entrance to Bluetree.) Enter the traffic circle, and take your first right, which will be Entry Point Blvd. Cross 192, and you're now on Sherbeth---go straight (not the soft left) as you cross 192. That dumps you out on Osceola parkway between AKL and AK. For AK, turn right, get left quickly, and take the ill-makred but legal turn into AK's entry plaza. Everything else is further down the road.

sympatico
01-10-2008, 11:22 AM
The shortcut is on Sherberth Rd. When you leave Windsor Hills turn left onto Old Lake Wilson Rd and go until you get up to 192 (less than 1 mile). Turn left on to 192 (going west), at the first set of lights you turn right on to Sherberth Rd. *Follow that to the first set of lights and turn right. This is Osceola Parkway. Just follow the signs toward which ever park you're going to. When you come out of Disney follow the signs for Animal Kingdom Lodge. Turn left at the set of lights for Sherberth Rd. and go back on 192 the way you came in. It will only take you about 5 min. to get to Animal Kingdom from WHills. It takes less than 15 min to get in to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.
If you want to avoid 192 altogether then turn left on Old Lake Wilson and go toward 192. When you get to Morgan-Williams Rd (about half mile) turn left and go a few hundred feet and turn left onto Funie Steed Rd. At the first Stop sign turn right onto Entry Point Rd., follow that up to 192 and cross over and it will become Sherberth Rd. then follow the directions above where the * starts.
This is the original thread about it. It's very easy to do once you've done it once.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1246812