PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the right forum..

bama-mom
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
but I need some opinions on this. We are renting 5 nights use of our timeshare (Grand Beach Resort-1 mile from WDW) to some friends of ours and not sure what we should charge. We have never rented it before. It is a 3 BR 3 bath, 2 pools, on the lake, very nice place. The cheapest I can find it on the web is $890 for the 5 nights, but with tax, etc. it is $1001. Does $700 total seem fair to you guys? I don't want to over charge them, but also don't want to under charge either. Any opinions are appreciated. It is killing me to rent it out, but we just went 12/06 and 10/07, and dh has had enough for a while, so we probably won't go in 2008 :sad1: (of course he always says that and I always talk him into it :lmao: )

TIA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
::MinnieMo -me
::cop: -dh
princess: -dd 4
pirate: -ds 20 months

nicolem05
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
$700.00 seems fair to me even though I am not familiar with this resort.. but from other resorts in the near vicinity this appears to be a good deal for friends! although most rentals I see are for 7 mights so that might be pushing their rates a bit higher. :)

jeff968
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
That sounds fair. Depending on the week we've paid between $600 to $1000 for rental in the past.

bama-mom
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Guess I should have said that this is for the second week in May. :)

swilshire
01-10-2008, 02:46 PM
When I've let friends use one of my units, I've let them pay my maintenance fee for the year. Unless you're on some sort of points system, I assume that the other two days of your week will go unused.

I never wanted to make any profit from a friend, but didn't want to lose money on my week either. Now, if this is an acquaintance instead of a friend, I might be more concerned about the market value of the week.

Sheila

bama-mom
01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your replies! We ended up renting it to them for $700 total. Most comparable places were over 1000 once you added tax and cleaning, etc. Yes, they are more acquaintance than friends, so that is why I was so unsure. We are on a point system, so we will still have plenty of time to use or rollover, this reservation was only about a third of our points for the year. They seemed thrilled with the price and I am glad we were able to help them on their FIRST WDW trip!!:thumbsup2