PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Safari?

IheartMickey
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of threads on here about this hotel but for some reason the search function isn't working for me right now. I have a ton of SPG points that I can use to get 4 free nights at this hotel, I also have credit with delta that can pay for our airline tickets so the only thing that I have to pay for is theme park tickets and food.. which is why I'm even attempting to plan another vacation after I went on three cruises in 2007.

Now, my question is.. how is it? I'm a deluxe hotel kind of a girl but I can't afford too much for this trip. Also, the biggest question is how frequent is the transportation to the parks? And what kind of buses are they? Is it similar to disney transportation or is it motorcoach style?

TIA!

polkadotminnie
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
We stayed here one night in last spring. It was very close to DTD. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. It is by no means a deluxe hotel but more like a average moderate. The beds were comfy. The pool was nice and I would stay here again. I had a car so I did not need transportation. If you got desparate, you could take a bus to DTD then take a cab back to the hotel from there. It couldn't be more than 2 miles if that.

ISP2MCO
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
We have stayed there 3 times and enjoyed each time. As PP said, the beds are very comfy. I would stay there again. :thumbsup2 Here is a site that I came across http://www.wvnh.net/sheraton/sheratonsafari.htm

We had a car as well so cant give a first hand experience with their transportation.:confused3

In Luv with Disney
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I stayed there 1 night last trip and REALLY liked it! I thought the size of the room was close to what a Deluxe is on WDW property. Probably a little bigger than a Moderate, smaller than Deluxe. It was PERFECT for 4 of us! Sorry, I can't comment on the transportation since we had a car as well. But I do think you will enjoy your stay there...especially staying on points! And remember...through Starwood, if you book 4 nights you get 1 free (or is it 5 and get 1 free?)