PDA

View Full Version : Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Hypermommy
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
As reported by Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS131576+08-Jan-2008+PRN20080108) Disney is looking for a Chief Magic Official to help spread the magic during the YOMD08. I tried to take the Magic Aptitude Test but got a 404 error. I'll try again later. Anyway, here's the press release:

-Chief Magic Official Will Oversee Magic in Disney Parks During The Year of a
Million Dreams-

BURBANK, Calif., Jan. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you wish your M.D. really stood
for "Magic Director?" Or perhaps that your Ph.D. had something to do with
Pixie Dust? As millions of Americans resolve to search for a new job this New
Year, Disney Parks may have just the position they've been waiting for!
To prove that making dreams come true is no longer reserved for fairy
godmothers, CareerBuilder.com today launched the search for the first-ever
Disney Parks Chief Magic Official (CMO) who will spread magic during The Year
of a Million Dreams.
The search for the CMO is part of The Year of a Million Dreams, where this
year more than one million more dreams will be granted to guests at Disney
Parks. This celebration includes incredible new attractions, parades,
interactive entertainment and much more!
"We're looking for that perfect someone to serve alongside our talented
Cast of dream makers," said Craig Dezern, Vice President, Global Public
Relations, Disney Parks. "The CMO will serve as an ambassador of dreams to
help create the magic that only Disney can bring to its guests."
"Whatever you dreamed of being when you were growing up, chances are some
of your plans hit a snag along the way," said Richard Castellini, a
spokesperson for CareerBuilder.com. "In fact, in a recent survey of over 6,000
workers, only 15 percent said they were actually in their dream jobs. The
Disney Parks CMO will have the unique opportunity to live out his or her dream
and bring a little magic to the lives of others."
Do You Have the Character to be the CMO?
Beginning May 1, 2008, the part-time CMO will help create magical
experiences for guests, participate in special events at Disney Parks and meet
Disney's real "masters of magic" - the Imagineers.
The ideal CMO candidate must be happy, never grumpy; able to easily
befriend dwarfs, dogs, monsters and mice; have good manners - but also be able
to pillage and plunder with pirates when necessary. Also required: pockets
full of pixie dust, an aversion to poisonous apples, an interest in oversized
teacups and flying elephants and, most importantly, a belief in all things
magical.
The position will require travel, including travel to Disneyland and Walt
Disney World Resorts, during the week and some weekends and holidays. While
traveling as the Disney Parks CMO, he/she will receive an hourly rate of
compensation for hours spent performing the CMO role, as well as airfare,
accommodations and a spending allowance.
"The CMO position is an opportunity of a lifetime for someone who has
always wanted to be part of the Disney family," said Dezern. "We will look for
the ideal candidate to be naturally outgoing and optimistic, and have a great
sense of humor as well as a passion for spreading Disney magic to our guests."
Show Your DISNEY Magic
Beginning January 8 and continuing through January 27, interested
applicants can visit www.DreamCMO.com and take the "Magic Aptitude Test"
(M.A.T.) to see if they have what it takes to be the first-ever Disney Parks
Chief Magic Official. Along with the results of the M.A.T., candidates will be
asked to show their Disney magic by submitting a 60 second video resume -
online at www.DreamCMO.com - which captures their personality and visually and
verbally supports why they would make the ideal CMO.
Mickey's Apprentice
A magical panel of judges will select the top 10 video resumes, which will
be posted to www.DreamCMO.com and voted on by America. The top three vote-
getters will take part in a three-day event at Walt Disney World Resort that
will test their creativity, enthusiasm, knowledge of the Parks and magic
aptitude. Throughout the three-day event, candidates will be videotaped and
the videos will be posted on www.DreamCMO.com to be voted on by America. The
top vote-getter will be named the Disney Parks Chief Magic Official.
For additional information about the CMO search and to apply, please visit
www.DreamCMO.com.
SOURCE Disney Parks

Lauren Mackiel or Joanna DiNizio, both of Coyne PR, +1-973-316-1665, for
Disney Parks

safetymom
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
It works for me.

pyrxtc
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
didn't work for me!

moepanz
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Awsome!!!

Alicnwondrln
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
worked for me

Brave teacher
01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
can't take the test...

DisneyLady56
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a fun job for a Disney fanatic. Has any one heard any more information on the Disney Mom's panel. I know they selected some moms but I have not heard anything about what they are doing. Wasn't the moms that were selected suppose to go to WDW in December for training? I would be interested to know what is happening with them.

leahlovesdisney
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm...I couldn't find any test. But it sounds like it would be a great job! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a fun job for a Disney fanatic. Has any one heard any more information on the Disney Mom's panel. I know they selected some moms but I have not heard anything about what they are doing. Wasn't the moms that were selected suppose to go to WDW in December for training? I would be interested to know what is happening with them.

Yes, the Mom's Panel (with a dad, who is a DISer!) went on their trip and are back now with a great website you can find here (http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/home.aspx).

CanadianGuy
01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
To take the test.. follow this link (they have a bad link in one place on their main page..)

http://www.dreamcmo.com/magic-aptitude-test.php

I came out a "Mickey" :)

Knox

Feralpeg
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm already trying to do that job. :confused3 The test said I was Mickey. Couldn't imagine a better result. Now, if only I knew how to make a video and upload it. :wizard:

bradk
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
(i have a feeling there's about 6 billion mickeys in this world)

oh if only my prince charming would rescue me right now.

FanOfStitch
01-08-2008, 09:43 PM
(i have a feeling there's about 6 billion mickeys in this world).

I think you're right...another Mickey here! :lmao:

FanOfStitch
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM

I think you're right....another Mickey here! :lmao:

FanOfStitch
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM

I think you're right....another Mickey here! :lmao:

Angel Ariel
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Cinderella here! OOH! I would LOVE to do this! I suck a videos though, lol...grr!!!!!!! I am definitely going to try though!

HauntedMansionFan
01-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm totally going to apply and make a video also!!!! What fun!!!!!!!!

leahlovesdisney
01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks CanadianGuy. :) Looks like I scored as a Mickey too! That would be a great job, but I would not have time to travel between here and California.

disneyaggie
01-09-2008, 08:23 AM
This is so cool -- I think they should give it to a Dis'er! :thumbsup2

Luv2Scrap
01-09-2008, 09:46 AM
another Mickey here. :thumbsup2

now I can daydream all day.... :love:

TAKitty
01-09-2008, 09:52 AM
I was a simba. The video is the hard part for me. . .

Ana~n~Joseph
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
One more Mickey here .... I'm already working on my video - I didn't win last year so I'm hoping for some extra pixie dust this year ..... good luck to everyone who enters!

Chuck65
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Another Mickey here. That would be a cool job to have.

DizzKneeGeek
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
when i took the test honestly i was a Mickey. I then started messing with the different combinations and found Mickey, Simba, Cinderella and Goofy so far. I have not been able to 'fail' the test and assume that is the point of the whole thing. :)

properlywarnedyebe
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I got Mickey too, I want to apply but have a "fear" of the video!

micki7337
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I did it last night and I got mickey but the video portion is hard to get in the MB allowed I have do like 30 different versions all not less than 51MB or less than 1 minute in length.
It is the hardest part of the whole thing.

So good luck to all.....

DH :stitch:

Future CMO of Disney

Hypermommy
01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
when i took the test honestly i was a Mickey. I then started messing with the different combinations and found Mickey, Simba, Cinderella and Goofy so far. I have not been able to 'fail' the test and assume that is the point of the whole thing. :)

I was also a Mickey. Not to bust anyone's bubble or anything but I wonder if "Mickey" is the regular Disney fan but someone that will actually be considered for the position will be something else like Simba, Cindy or Goofy. If memory serves, the application requires that you enter the character you were when you took the test and I just wonder if that's a way to weed folks out.

Not trying to discourage anyone.... best of luck to everyone. Just pondering out loud for what it's worth.

carmiedog
01-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm Cinderella princess: (flashes princess smile)

TAKitty
01-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I did it last night and I got mickey but the video portion is hard to get in the MB allowed I have do like 30 different versions all not less than 51MB or less than 1 minute in length.
It is the hardest part of the whole thing.

So good luck to all.....

DH :stitch

Future CMO of Disney

They changed the rules. When I printed off the info on the first day it could be 100 MB.

Smile4Me
01-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I was a Simba! I can't wait to start my video- however, I don't necessarily agree that they are subject to the public's vote to the get position...Just because people vote for a certain person's video doesn't necessarily mean they are the most qualified for the position i.e. American Idol's Sanjaya, or any President for that matter! Also there might be qualified people out there that aren't so great at the video portion or don't even have the resources to make a video.

Stitchfans
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I think you're right...another Mickey here! :lmao:

Yep, :rotfl2: me too.

NHTikiBeckie
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I am Simba!

I am going to try to make a video tonight and apply!

micki7337
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Video file must be under 50MB!

I read in a post reply to my post of earlier and I just got this off the official site and it is only 50MB and 60 seconds so it is going to be harsh to do that

krismom
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I worked on my video yesterday and am ready to apply- but the sites not working! UGH- am I out of luck!
:mad:

micki7337
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I worked on my video yesterday and am ready to apply- but the sites not working! UGH- am I out of luck!
:mad:

I know we are going to try again tonight. last night my DD (7) wanted to ask if she can do on also because she thinks she could do the job really well because she knows how to be a kid. So we are going to do one for her and my DD(11) also do they will be my competition in our house and we also know that some of our fiend's are going to go and apply because they really know their Disney.

So like i say good luck to all......

The Future CMO of Disney :)

TAKitty
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I know we are going to try again tonight. last night my DD (7) wanted to ask if she can do on also because she thinks she could do the job really well because she knows how to be a kid. So we are going to do one for her and my DD(11) also do they will be my competition in our house and we also know that some of our fiend's are going to go and apply because they really know their Disney.

So like i say good luck to all......

The Future CMO of Disney :)

I thought you had to be 21 years of age or older.

PrincessEmilysMommy
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
We recently found out we're expecting, so I don't think this would work for me. Other wise I'd be all over it.

I hope a diser gets it!

micki7337
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I thought you had to be 21 years of age or older.

You do but well I still a=want to let her try to do it any way to make her and her sister smile :)

That's all.............

micki7337
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
We recently found out we're expecting, so I don't think this would work for me. Other wise I'd be all over it.

I hope a diser gets it!

Congratulations

You are the 3rd person that I have heard has gotten good news of that nature in the last day.............

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

krismom
01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Ok- without giving too much away, can anyone tell me how you did your video?I tried to do it in two formats- on my Mac and on the PC and I can't get it anywhere near 50 MB- I need Tech support!

:surfweb:

luvsTink
01-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi all....I sent in my entry last night, but I kind of expected some sort of email form reply. Has anyone else sent theirs in, and did you get an email acknowledgement?

Thanks!
Anne

RNRcoasterGrl07
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM

i took the test and got simba. then when i messed around i got "Captain Hook-Oh no! Dream CMO you are not!"

ChefBilly
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi all....I sent in my entry last night, but I kind of expected some sort of email form reply. Has anyone else sent theirs in, and did you get an email acknowledgement?

Thanks!
Anne

I sent mine in last night. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, but it did have a bar indicating how much of the video was being sent, and when it was done I was forwarded to a screen that said something along the lines of "Thank you for entering."

luvsTink
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much for the info, I got the "thanks for entering screen" too, I feel much better now!

Good Luck!

Anne

pamouselover
01-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I was cindy, so please hand over the crown!:goodvibes

sbassgva
01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Where is everyone getting the 50 MB requirement. I just read the rules again and it says 100 MB. Help?!

TLP127
01-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I went by the 100mb it said in the rules, but when you actually complete the application and get to the page to download it says only 50mb! After spending way too many hours on trying to get the size down, I was sooooo glad I had it down to 10! Fudge your way through the application and proceed to step 2 to see the requirements. You application isn't actually submitted until you download your video.
Good luck!

BTW- Mickey or Simba here- depending on my answers. ;)

luvsTink
01-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi all...they have posted some of the videos (100 I think) on the disneycmo site. Mine is on there, look for the chubby lady in a gray jacket standing next to a full size cut out of captain jack!

Anne

lightsaber
01-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Hmm...I don't see my wife's video on the list up there. Slightly worried about that. But wondering if since we uploaded on Sat. that they haven't gotten to it yet.

krismom
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Mine isn't up there either- and I sent it the first day of the contest! Darn- I hope I wasn't disqualified in some way.
By the way- the rest are really good! I wonder how many are Disser's!
:dance3:

luvsTink
01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey, for all we know they might only be showing those no longer being considered ...guess we will just have to wait and see! (I'm not so good at waiting!)

OKWDVCMagic
01-21-2008, 05:02 PM

I took the test and was given the "Simba" result. I went back and selected every extreme answer to each question. The result was "Captain Hook" and they suggested I took pleasure of sword fights with people half my size and I should look else where for a job. Too funny.

pamouselover
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Some them are really cute. Some are a bit too good if you all know what I mean. I realy like the one women who just talks of her love for Disney.Plain and simlpy, nothing fancy. I still have not uploaded one, I think I am scared of being not wanted for my dream job, and having my dream shattered. :guilty:

TLP127
01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Krismom- Could I ask if your video is very different from the ones that are posted? Is there music in it? LuvsTink has me very paranoid now that maybe the ones that are posted really are out of the running (Thanks Tink!). I'm just curious if you have extra special effects or were extra creative and they are in fact trying to make the rest of us feel good by seeing our videos on the site. :confused3 :confused3
Thanks!!

TLP127
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Krismom- Could I ask if your video is very different from the ones that are posted? Is there music in it? LuvsTink has me very paranoid now that maybe the ones that are posted really are out of the running (Thanks Tink! ;) ). I'm just curious if you have extra special effects or were extra creative and they are in fact trying to make the rest of us feel good by seeing our videos on the site. :confused3 :confused3
Thanks!!

luvsTink
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey TLP127...which one is yours?

Anne
(sorry about inducing the paranoia! ;) )

krismom
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I think it's just the opposite... the ones they have posted are way too good to be "out of the running"! I think I may have goofed on mine by adding music- maybe since it's copyrighted in some way? I though it was good- oh well.:headache:

TLP127
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Krismom- In case you didn't know, the contest rules state that all entries with music will be automatically disqualified. Maybe you could do another with no music?

Tink- At this moment, if you hit "next" 9 times, I am the 2nd one from the right. Blonde hair, blue shirt, way fatter than I feel!! If this contest did nothing else for me, it got me started on a serious diet!! The wait until February 7 is going to almost kill me! I don't think I've ever wanted anything more, except for my kids!! Now, looking at some of the other videos, I keep thinking of everything I should have done differently. Oh well, it's been fun whether I make it any further or not. :goodvibes BTW, I really like your video!

lightsaber
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Hmmm...my wife's is still not up there. She did not have music and the video was only 35M and 52 seconds long. I re-read the rules and I can't see where her submission would be automatically disqualified. She's freaking out.

TLP127
01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Sabor- What format was your video in? Are you sure it went through?

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Oh jeez... I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Mine's the simple one, just me sitting there talking - you can see the fishtank in the background. I think it's on the second page of videos currently.

pamouselover
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh jeez... I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Mine's the simple one, just me sitting there talking - you can see the fishtank in the background. I think it's on the second page of videos currently.

What page number using the next button?
I liked Megan,but just thought someone who can afford to goto Disney Paris, umm...is already a princess living a dream life.

pamouselover
01-22-2008, 09:29 AM

I liked Megan,but just thought someone who can afford to goto Disney Paris, umm...is already a princess living a dream life.

pamouselover
01-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Found it Amy! Good luck. I hope they pick someone real like yourself. One is a doctor,can he really take the time off from his job I wonder?
I have yet to post mine. It is going to simply also.

lightsaber
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
TLP...

I just checked her computer and the file is an MPEG, which according to the rules is acceptable. I was in our home office when she was submitting it...it took 15-20 minutes and I seem to remember her seeing a "thanks for submission screen" or something along those lines.

I emailed her and asked if she got a confirmation email and she didn't. But from reading this thread, it doesn't seem like anyone else got one either. :confused3

I'm wondering if I should suggest she resubmit. If they haven't gotten her video for some reason, then maybe that will work. And if they did get it, it shouldn't be a problem because the rules say duplicate submissions will be disqualified and the first one used.

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 09:41 AM

Right now, if you hit Next once, it's the second one from the right. (I know you found it, Pam, but for anyone else looking...). :goodvibes

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Lightsaber...

I didn't get a confirmation email either. I wouldn't worry, as long as she saw the confirmation screen after it was submitted and the file was within the guidelines. Good luck to her! :goodvibes

lightsaber
01-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Question for you all...gotta love having a server at home that I can view the shared files...checking out her video

The file was named in the format:

Jane Smith Dream CMO.MPG

It is an MPEG file.

Could the name of the file maybe have kicked it out of the system? Maybe she should have had no spaces...like JaneSmithDreamCMO and left off the .MPG?

Totally grasping at straws here...

pamouselover
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I was planning on using my camera to do my video.
Will that be ok. It is the easiest way I know how to upload it.

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Question for you all...gotta love having a server at home that I can view the shared files...checking out her video

The file was named in the format:

Jane Smith Dream CMO.MPG

It is an MPEG file.

Could the name of the file maybe have kicked it out of the system? Maybe she should have had no spaces...like JaneSmithDreamCMO and left off the .MPG?

Totally grasping at straws here...

Hmmm... I'll have to check at home but I'm pretty sure mine was named Smith For CMO.mpg (with spaces and file extension) ... if it was different I'll let you know.

I think maybe they just post random ones to the website... surely they don't post every single eligible entry?? Or maybe the ones posted there are the ones they've already discarded. :sad2:

lightsaber
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Amy, I don't know what the scoop is.

I suppose they receive a lot of videos. Even Disney probably doesn't have the bandwidth to post all of them at 50M a piece.

I think it's just nervewracking not to see it and wondering what happened to it, especially since there are over 100 of them up there.

Of course, there's no "contact us" link to inquire. I guess we'll just have to hope a little magic falls on her and the video actually made it in.

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for both her AND me! :goodvibes

Ana~n~Joseph
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I just submitted my application and video - it's not up yet but we'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so nervous!

HauntedMansionFan
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I wonder if they are posting all of the videos or just a handful of them.... if those are all of the submissions to date it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people applying. I'm still trying to edit my video down, but I hope to have it submitted soon.

Amy7979
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I wonder if they are posting all of the videos or just a handful of them.... if those are all of the submissions to date it doesn't seem like there are a lot of people applying. I'm still trying to edit my video down, but I hope to have it submitted soon.

Yeah, we've been trying to figure out the logic behind the videos that are posted, but ... who knows? :confused3 Guess we just have to wait and see!

TLP127
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Sabor,

Have your tried emailing it to someone to make sure it goes through okay? It looks like you've done everything right. Who knows what their rational is for posting them. All I know is it's making me a nervous wreck!!

I would agree with you. If you are really concerned about it not going through, resubmit it.

Traci

LadyZolt
01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
I posted one and it was 44 MB, and it took FOREVER to upload! DH (computer guy) says uploading always takes longer than downloading, and I hope that's true. I'll be looking to see if it shows up on the CMO videos page, but I also am wondering like a previous poster if they're posting all the videos they receive or just a certain percentage of them. There are only five days left or so, so you'd think they'd have received more videos than are posted, so I guess we'll see. I imagine they do have to view them before they post them, too, to make sure they are "Disney," and not rated R or anything like that. Anyway, to everyone who has posted -- I wish you all the best of luck! It would be great if a DIS-er gets it! :goodvibes

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

AmericanItGirl
01-23-2008, 12:09 AM
:goodvibes Well, my video is up there (girl with short blonde hair holding a purple sticky note).

It was so hard to pare it down to 1 minute (I originally had his long sequence planned out), plus I was so nervous :scared:, trying to make it funny and original (hope I get at least a smile for my crack about my magic mirror going off to be Donald Duck's image consultant for the contest...that duck will do anything to win). Being a student in my last semester with no job lined up yet leaves my future VERY open for the CMO job and so it'd be nice to win and know that I'd have something to do after I graduate. Although I'm sure anyone here would love to be just a finalist and participate in the competitions (I know I would).

Oh, and I too am a Cinderella. princess:

Amy7979
01-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, good luck to everyone! Of course I'm hoping to be selected myself, but if not I definitely want a DISer to be a finalist so that I can vote for them!

Doesn't look like any new videos were added overnight - mine is still in the same spot it was in yesterday. (Hahaha, we could speculate about those posted videos forever, I think!)

luvsTink
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
There are now a bunch more videos up. Surely a diser will be in the top 10! I would love to compile a list of diser's and a descprition of their videos so we can keep track....if you want to be on the list...pm me and I'll get one started!

Ana~n~Joseph
01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
My video is now posted...yay!

If you'd like to see my video: I'm wearing a white coat with Minnie Ears and there's a car and another girl in the background wearing a black pullover and black pants.

AmericanItGirl
01-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Now I'm nervous because my video is no longer up there...maybe they only have the videos up for so long before putting up fresh ones?

luvsTink
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
It appears to me that they are no longer keeping the videos "in order", when you are on the page that has 20 videos. Also, it appears that new videos are not place in order on the strip...

This makes it harder to find a specific video.

Anne

luvsTink
01-24-2008, 08:20 AM
It appears to me that they are no longer keeping the videos "in order", when you are on the page that has 20 videos. Also, it appears that new videos are not place in order on the strip...

This makes it harder to find a specific video.

Anne

LadyZolt
01-24-2008, 12:42 PM
AmericanItGirl: Your video is still there. Like a previous poster said, they are jumbling the videos when you see the page with 25 videos on them. But if you click on one, then at the bottom of the screen you get a list of five videos and the "next" and "previous" buttons, so you can scroll through them that way and you'll see yours is still there. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Amy7979
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
AmericanItGirl: Not only is your video still there, but I saw it at least four times as I scrolled through the pages this morning! :lmao:

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey guys...

Just checking in to say my wife's video still does not appear and we uploaded on Saturday of last week.

So this could be good if they are holding some back or it could be bad...as in it somehow never got there.

I have to say it was really annoying that whoever Disney has putting those videos up for us to view duplicated an awful lot of them. I think there were several that appeared 3 or 4 times. You'd think their computer people would know better.

Not really sure what to do at this point.

HauntedMansionFan
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm wondering how strict Disney is going to be on the "no music" rule. I was editing my video last night and have a small clip from inside on of the parks that has themed area music in the background.... I might edit it out because I don't want to be disqualified.

Tuffcookie
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Here is the link to mine:goodvibes :

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-E935EB5763676714A19ABE2951640BFC

Tuffcookie:cool1:

anewvance
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Anne I absolutely LOVED your video!!! Seriously one of the best up there.

I want to enter but can't think of a good video idea... sigh

Hi all...they have posted some of the videos (100 I think) on the disneycmo site. Mine is on there, look for the chubby lady in a gray jacket standing next to a full size cut out of captain jack!

Anne

miller17
01-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Lightsaber - I also uploaded my video on Saturday and it has not made it to the website. I wonder if there was a problem on Saturday. I'm also wondering if I should try uploading it again.
:confused3

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 12:24 PM
My feel is that they will be very picky about the music. With so many entries, I would guess they will use music as a way to weed people out who didn't follow the rules.

But it's just a guess.

So what's your guys' feel on what my wife should do about her video?

Should we re-upload?

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Lightsaber - I also uploaded my video on Saturday and it has not made it to the website. I wonder if there was a problem on Saturday. I'm also wondering if I should try uploading it again.
:confused3

Could it have been because we uploaded on a weekend? That just seems to easy...especially since I know my wife did get the screen that said the application was accepted, or whatever it was that it said.

Amy7979
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Could it have been because we uploaded on a weekend? That just seems to easy...especially since I know my wife did get the screen that said the application was accepted, or whatever it was that it said.

I really just wonder if the videos that are posted are just a random selection of the ones submitted. I mean, there are probably less than 200 unique videos there (I noticed quite a few were duplicated) and I can't imagine that that few have applied.

The rules do say, though, that if the same video is submitted twice then the first submission is the one they'll "count". So maybe it can't hurt to submit it again? I really don't know.

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
And really, it would only be the same video...so if the original one DID make it through the first time, if the duplicate was discarded, it wouldn't matter.

But if somehow there was a problem with their server...then resubmitting could save the day.

AmericanItGirl
01-25-2008, 12:54 PM
AmericanItGirl: Your video is still there. Like a previous poster said, they are jumbling the videos when you see the page with 25 videos on them. But if you click on one, then at the bottom of the screen you get a list of five videos and the "next" and "previous" buttons, so you can scroll through them that way and you'll see yours is still there. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

AmericanItGirl: Not only is your video still there, but I saw it at least four times as I scrolled through the pages this morning! :lmao:

Whew! :teeth: I was beginning to get a little worried, but I noticed that some of the videos repeated themselves so I figured that my video would have been on if the system thing wasn't messed up and kept repeating videos. Good to know that my video still exists on the website. :dance3:

:thanks: for telling me!

Only 2 more days, after today, left in the contest! :hyper:

HauntedMansionFan
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I really just wonder if the videos that are posted are just a random selection of the ones submitted. I mean, there are probably less than 200 unique videos there (I noticed quite a few were duplicated) and I can't imagine that that few have applied.
That was my thought! Only 200 people have applied? But then I think... well they didn't really publicize it except a few articles in the news media, most people I know hadn't even heard about it until I told them about it. Plus maybe a lot of people can't afford that kind of time away from their jobs, families, and lives. Even though it isn't a lot of time spent working for them, it still is a HUGE committment in terms of travel, away from home, etc...

Ana~n~Joseph
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
For last year's Dream Job Contest they didn't have tons of videos up either - I don't think they publicized it enough - I found out about it here on the Disboards!

AmericanItGirl
01-25-2008, 04:44 PM
That was my thought! Only 200 people have applied? But then I think... well they didn't really publicize it except a few articles in the news media, most people I know hadn't even heard about it until I told them about it. Plus maybe a lot of people can't afford that kind of time away from their jobs, families, and lives. Even though it isn't a lot of time spent working for them, it still is a HUGE committment in terms of travel, away from home, etc...

Plus the age limit is imo a major deterrent factor for a lot of would-be applicants. A lot of 18-20 year olds probably could make the time commitment, but re too young, whereas once you hit 21 and older, a lot of people have full-time jobs beyond just working at Starbucks. There's a reason why most Starbucks employees are young, because they have other side things (like school, a band, an acting career) that they want to do before they settle down and spend their full time doing one thing, meaning that they're more flexible than most adults. If this contest came at the same time next year, I'd probably not enter because I'd have a full-time job and be looking at entering law school the next year, but because I'm in my final semester in college and I don't have a full-time job lined up for next year yet, I can see if I win this and then find a job that will allow me to do this if I win.

The way I see it, the fewer people enter, the better, 'cause it means better odds for me. :thumbsup2

Hypermommy
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
A lot of 18-20 year olds probably could make the time commitment, but re too young, whereas once you hit 21 and older, a lot of people have full-time jobs beyond just working at Starbucks.

That's why I didn't give a video more than a passing thought. I figure I probably couldn't get the time off work anyway. I have a very understanding boss, but there are limits to how much time I can be away and it not adversely affect the company.

zulaya
01-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree with AmericanItGirl.

The demands on this position are fairly stringent if you think about it. Essentially, you have to be able to be at the beck and call of Disney Destinations. They have certain events they've already identified, but if anything is set up after the fact, you are obligated to be available.

I think fewer people have applied for this job than say, the Disney Moms Panel, because more effort had to be put in. It's real easy to just fill in some windows and hit submit, but this is not that kind of contest.

Consider all the people who didn't apply just because a video had to be made. Some people wouldn't bother to take the time; others may not even want to have themselves on camera.

It would be interesting to know how many applicants they did receive at the end of the application period. But I don't think it's going to be an astronomical number.

AmericanItGirl
01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Consider all the people who didn't apply just because a video had to be made. Some people wouldn't bother to take the time; others may not even want to have themselves on camera.

I almost didn't do it because of the video (I'm extremely selfconscious...odd when one considers the fact that I've done extra work before, but I refuse to watch anything I've been in, especially if I know that I'm identifiable in it), but to me the CMO contest is worth overcoming my inhibitions (although I still won't watch the video I made for the contest). I can definitely see why someone would refuse to enter such a great contest because of the whole video thing, especially the voting based on the video.

Amy7979
01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with what everyone has said. I'm lucky in that my job is pretty flexible in terms of vacation time -- and I have about eight weeks' worth saved up! Admittedly, I'm going to use three of them for my wedding and honeymoon in 2009, but that still leaves plenty that I could take a few days each month for a 12-month period if I needed to. And, boy, do I ever hope I need to! :rotfl2:

Amy7979
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I almost didn't do it because of the video (I'm extremely selfconscious...odd when one considers the fact that I've done extra work before, but I refuse to watch anything I've been in, especially if I know that I'm identifiable in it), but to me the CMO contest is worth overcoming my inhibitions (although I still won't watch the video I made for the contest). I can definitely see why someone would refuse to enter such a great contest because of the whole video thing, especially the voting based on the video.

AmericanItGirl - have you watched it at all?? I think that's funny! (I watched it, btw, it's good!) :)

TLP127
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Saber- Did you decide what to do?

Everybody else, LuvsTink started a thread to have all of the Diser's links to their videos in one place. I noticed some of you aren't on there. If you want to add your video, here's the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1697374

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I talked to my wife and she's right now loading the disc on her computer to upload again.

Too bad there isn't a cross-your-fingers smilie we could use here.

lightsaber
01-25-2008, 08:53 PM
OK. She started the upload just prior to use playing a family card game of BS and just got the "Thanks for applying, stay tuned" message. Took almost 35 minutes this time to upload.

Crossing my fingers that one of these submissions actually made it through to whoever is screening them.

TLP127
01-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Good luck Saber! Let us know if/when you see it! Sending some pixie dust your way. :wizard:

Tuffcookie
01-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Well, I decided, around 7:00 PM tonight, to do a contact sheet of all the entries up to that time. Then I went thru and crossed off all the duplicates. ( I know, I need to get a life! ;) ) I came up with a total of 219 entries, although, if you go by the number on the careerbuilder.com web site it is making it look like there are 338 because of all the duplicates.

Hopefully this will give us a more accurate figure!:)

TC:cool1:

LadyZolt
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I came up with a total of 219 entries, although, if you go by the number on the careerbuilder.com web site it is making it look like there are 338 because of all the duplicates.

I think that if you click on the "watch videos" link, then click on the first one, and then pause it, at the bottom you get a screen with five more videos, then a "next" button. When it shows them five at a time, I don't think there are any duplicates. If you hit "next" when the screen is showing 25, then it appears to just jumble them up, so you see the same one a bunch of times. But if you use the five-to-a-screen one, and assuming there are no duplicates (I don't think there are any this way), then there are something like 334 unique videos right now as I type this. Which, again, considering how many people love Disney and live in America, does not seem like a really high number. But I think it's hard to make a video, and upload it, and keep it under a minute, etc., and be willing to submit to a background check and be available to go when they need you, so I think that is the main reason that there aren't more. There's still some more time, too, so I imagine more videos will show up. There are plenty of really good ones and I like a lot of them that were posted by DISers, so I'm rooting for a DISer to be in the Top 10, and then we can all vote for that one. :) Probably won't be mine, but it was fun making one anyway. LOL!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

lightsaber
01-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Well, it's the last day. I don't know if any new videos will be uploaded on a weekend.

I don't think the videos were changed yesterday, but sometimes it's hard for me to tell when it appears that they shuffle the videos. I always see some of the same ones when I scroll through.

And unfortunately, my wife's video is still not there.

Amy7979
01-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I wonder if at least we'll all get an email after they pick the semi-finalists, even if it's a "sorry, but thanks for playing..." message. That way, everyone will at least know that their videos were received. :confused3

TLP127
01-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Saber- Can you post the video so WE can see it? :goodvibes

Marshay
01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
FYI -- there is another thread on here with links to DISSERs videos...come join us!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1697374

zulaya
01-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Lightsaber is my DH. Looks like he's been active on this thread. I've tried to not read too many CMO things because I'm so nervous about it.

I'm especially nervous because my video is NOT there!

As far as uploading it for you all to see...I'm not even sure where I could do that. I have a photobucket account for just pictures, but I don't know if I can do video, much less 35M of video.

Any suggestions?

ilovepooh
01-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Another Mickey here!

miller17
01-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Zulaya - I uploaded mine again yesterday. It isn't on there either. I got the screen that said "Thank you for entering" or whatever both times but it has never shown up.:confused:

AmericanItGirl
01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
If you can't see your video, maybe you should email them and ask? I'm sure they can look it up via the "location" of your computer.

zulaya
01-27-2008, 03:17 PM
You find me a Contact Us on the dreamcmo website and I'll do it.

I thought of that last week when it didn't show up.

AmericanItGirl
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM
You find me a Contact Us on the dreamcmo website and I'll do it.

I thought of that last week when it didn't show up.

I found this: http://www.fuzeqna.com/careerbuilder/consumer/question.asp

I got the link from Number 12 of the Terms and Conditions: http://www.dreamcmo.com/terms.php

"12. Questions and Notices. . Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to Feedback. Notices shall be sent, for CareerBuilder, to the address listed on the Site, and, for you, to the address submitted by you or such other address as CareerBuilder reasonably determines is an appropriate address for you."

Hope this helps anyone who's worried about their video not showing up.

zulaya
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I think this link is more concerned with legal use of the site, not how to use it. I don't need to know how to use it, just why my video isn't there.

I did send in an inquiry, but it's Sunday and the last day and I bet no one is working at CareerBuilder to answer these in time for me to find out what the problem is.

TLP127
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Zulaya- How about uploading to YouTube and then posting the link for us? I uploaded mine there, and it was very easy. You have to sign up for a free account first (if you don't have one). Then you just log in and hit "upload video", then click on the "browse" button, find your file and click "open." It should start to upload for you.

Miller- I sent in my application last Saturday. My video didn't show up on the site until Monday, and it appeared that no one from the weekend was added until Monday. Hopefully, we'll see your video tomorrow. :goodvibes

zulaya
01-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I was just reading the rules and I'm wondering if posting to YouTube would disqualify me IF they have my video.

It says in the rules that the videos become the property of the Sponsor. And there's another rule that says videos can't have been previously been published.

Now I haven't published it anywhere, but if the contest is ongoing, could they interpret the rules in such a way that I'd be disqualified?

I'm really quite excited about my video and thought I covered the 5 scoring areas pretty well. I'm just really worried that something happened to it and it's not even there.

Laren
01-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Good luck to everyone who entered! I just found out about this today. I would have loved to apply though I know really that I wouldn't be healthy enough for all the travel :/ Here's hoping that a Dis'er's dream comes true and they get the job!!!

TLP127
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Okay, Zulaya! Thanks for getting me all paranoid now!:scared1:

My thinking on this is that it is Disney "property," because they are telling you once your video is in their hands, you have given them permission to do what they want with it. As far as the "published" video goes, I took that more as a referral to professional videos. I'm sure posting it for others to see is probalby fine. It is still YOUR video and the original belongs to you. However, just to be safe, I think I'll take my video off of YouTube!! :eek:

zulaya
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Didn't mean to make anyone paranoid. Sorry!

jamimb
01-27-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-46E600A8938C38EC0329C3368AD87EDA

here is my attempt. I am really dissappointed though. This video is slightly different then the one I submitted. the audio is faster and now dosnt completely match, one whole photo is just gone and there are weird pauses where there were none. According to our counter on the program we used it was 58.6 seconds long so I dont know why its different. When I saw it I actually cried. I only had this weekend to work on it so it's not as good as I wouyld have liked it to be. I was planning to work o it last week but was on a sequestered jury all week.

HauntedMansionFan
01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm starting to freak out now because I've been trying to upload my video most of the evening.... right now it says that there is 5 hours 36 minutes left to upload. So I'm concerned that it won't be uploaded in time.....

HauntedMansionFan
01-27-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-46E600A8938C38EC0329C3368AD87EDA

here is my attempt. I am really dissappointed though. This video is slightly different then the one I submitted. the audio is faster and now dosnt completely match, one whole photo is just gone and there are weird pauses where there were none. According to our counter on the program we used it was 58.6 seconds long so I dont know why its different. When I saw it I actually cried. I only had this weekend to work on it so it's not as good as I wouyld have liked it to be. I was planning to work o it last week but was on a sequestered jury all week. Even with the audio a bit out of sync I loved your video!!!!! That was so clever with the pirate/princess/apple..... it made me smile.

jamimb
01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the encouragement (even if your saying it to make me feel better) It is a pet peeve of mine when the video dosent flow and trust me the video I submitted flowed so much better the audio matched the pics perfectly and there was one more crazy photo of me on Cinderella's carousel. I really did cry when I saw it! Thanks for the support it meant alot!:flower3: Hope you get yours uploaded!

TLP127
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Jami-- I love your video!! I don't see what you are so upset about. It seemed to flow nicely.

Zulaya- Just kidding about the paranoia! ;) Here's hoping you see your video tomorrow (or that it's so good they are keeping it a surprise and just showing the rest of us on the site to make us feel good). :wizard:

Traci

Marshay
01-27-2008, 09:15 PM
here is my attempt. I am really dissappointed though. This video is slightly different then the one I submitted. the audio is faster and now dosnt completely match, one whole photo is just gone and there are weird pauses where there were none. According to our counter on the program we used it was 58.6 seconds long so I dont know why its different. When I saw it I actually cried. I only had this weekend to work on it so it's not as good as I wouyld have liked it to be. I was planning to work o it last week but was on a sequestered jury all week.

Yeah, I'm not sure why some of the videos seems to have good sound and others don't. When I submitted mine, too, all the sound and video were in sync but now they don't quite match up either...maybe it's a technical problem on their website...

Anyway, I think your video is cute!:) Nothing to worry about!

HauntedMansionFan
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
And now my upload time went down to 3 1/2 hours then their site when screwy and I had to start over..... now the upload time is 15 hours 20 minutes..... I could cry right now.

pxefig
01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
And now my upload time went down to 3 1/2 hours then their site when screwy and I had to start over..... now the upload time is 15 hours 20 minutes..... I could cry right now.

Same boat here. Frustrating and I don't know what to do, other than go back in time and post my video earlier.

HauntedMansionFan
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Same boat here. Frustrating and I don't know what to do, other than go back in time and post my video earlier. I hear ya there.... its not like I waited until the last minute on purpose... it took me that long to get the video together.... lol. I even lowered the quality of the video hoping that would speed it up... but to no avail. I guess I'm just concerned if at midnight anything that is uploading just disconnects... or if you start your upload by midnight that you can still qualify no matter how long it takes.

pxefig
01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I hear ya there.... its not like I waited until the last minute on purpose... it took me that long to get the video together.... lol. I even lowered the quality of the video hoping that would speed it up... but to no avail. I guess I'm just concerned if at midnight anything that is uploading just disconnects... or if you start your upload by midnight that you can still qualify no matter how long it takes.

Yeah, I have no one to blame but myself. It took me forever to decide if I wanted to try or not. Not I'm wishing I hadn't made the effort- what a hassle! I do hope that it won't disconnect when the entry time is expired. But I've tried several times now keep having it crash, so I think I'm about two tries from giving up. Right now is it estimated that I have over 5 hours left- and I have FIOS connection.
I wish you the best of luck getting it done, and to everyone else, I hope a DISer wins. So good luck to everyone!

HauntedMansionFan
01-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I have no one to blame but myself. It took me forever to decide if I wanted to try or not. Not I'm wishing I hadn't made the effort- what a hassle! I do hope that it won't disconnect when the entry time is expired. But I've tried several times now keep having it crash, so I think I'm about two tries from giving up. Right now is it estimated that I have over 5 hours left- and I have FIOS connection.
I wish you the best of luck getting it done, and to everyone else, I hope a DISer wins. So good luck to everyone!
Best of luck to you also with your upload..... the running count of site crashes is now at 7..... it has become quite comical actually.

Marshay
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Best of luck to you also with your upload..... the running count of site crashes is now at 7..... it has become quite comical actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney extends the time for video entries...remember the Moms Panel and how they were only going to take like 5,000 entries and then doubled it...

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Well I was in the middle of uploading and it his midnight and then page reset itself, so I clicked back and tried to upload again but it said something about a server error. So I clicked back again and just as quickly the template changed to show all then entries.... so I guess I'm out of luck. That is pretty cruddy though that they wouldn't have an upgraded server to handle the high volume of transfers or a central email address to email a video.

catotigger
01-28-2008, 12:43 AM
This is my first post - I've been lurking in this thread for a few days - since I uploaded my video on Friday morning, and it still hasn't posted. I too got the Thanks for entering message, but that's it.

Did I miss whether LightSaber's wife's video made it up?

I feel bad for you HauntedMansionFan - you are right - they didn't have enough server power for the last day.

Fantasmic303
01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Whoops - I accidentally started a post about the problem I had because I was too upset to really search for it here, but I also was unable to complete my submission. I by no means would've expected to win, but I worked hard and long on my video, and I really just wanted to be able to say I entered. I emailed the feedback form under Terms and Policies, but it goes straight to CareerBuilder.com, so I don't imagine I'll get much satisfaction. It really is a shame - I had no idea it had been an issue for so long...that makes it even worse!

Good luck to those who entered...maybe this means karma will grant me a consolation prize on my next trip...like...the Castle Suite maybe?

AmericanItGirl
01-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Well now it's time to hold tight and see who makes it into the top 20 on February 7th.

zulaya
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Well. I just scrolled through the list. Still didn't see my video.

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I called the customer service area at careerbuilder this morning and the woman I spoke with told me that their tech problem acknowledged they had quite a few glitches with the site during the course of entries... especially with this past weekend. So I'm not sure about a video that was uploaded but hasn't shown... but mine never uploaded.... the final upload time was 10 hours 36 minutes and at midnight last night it just disconnected and refreshed that the submission period was over. She told me they are trying to figure out some type of resolution for the problems they had.

zulaya
01-28-2008, 09:59 AM
HauntedMansionFan -

I'll be interested to hear if they get back to you. We emailed them Friday or Saturday, can't remember which day. But I figured that wouldn't do any good considering it was the weekend.

I've read your saga...10 hours trying to upload. I don't even know what to say.

All I know is I uploaded mine twice. Each time, I got the "thanks for your submission" screen (or whatever it says), yet my video isn't up there.

I guess I just want to know that they received it so that it can be considered.

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm interested to see if I get a response also. Like I said earlier.... I don't want it to come across like sour grapes, but its not anyone's fault that the site was up to par to handle the high traffic of information and you can't really penalize someone for that. I'm guessing there is a legal loop hole somewhere that says that nobody can be held responsible for tech issues, yada, yada, yada..... I started trying to upload my video at like 4:30/5:00 yesterday and kept trying until midnight. Just when the upload would start to make any progress the site would reset itself.... so I thought, maybe its my PC, so I tried my laptop.... nope, same problem. At one point I had both the PC and my laptop trying to upload, but to no avail. Oh well.....

zulaya
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a clause in the rules that says something to the effect of they can't be held responsible for server problems and the like.

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Surpisingly I heard back from careerbuilder and this is what they had to say:

Below is the update that I received

“I spoke with the person in charge of handling Disney's CMO applications, and was informed that there was a technical issue with the vendor collecting the videos, that led to yesterday's inability to apply.

I was told that, since you do provide contact information on the 1st page of the application, they have that data, and will be contacting those via email today, providing instructions on how to re-submit the video.

Please keep an eye out on your inbox, and check the junk folders too just in case the email gets filtered by your client. It has not been sent yet but they will be doing so this afternoon.

For those that do receive the email, you will have until Midnight EST tonight to re-send your video.

We apologize for this inconvenience and wish you all good luck on the contest”

It looks like yesterday nobody was able to upload. There is hope yet!!!! It seems fair that they would only contact those that submitted info yesterday....

Marshay
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah for you! As I stated earlier, I knew that a company like Disney would go out of their way to make things right and they are.

Let us know when it's up! :goodvibes

Fantasmic303
01-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I just got the email as well, although I haven't received a follow up email with instructions - I completed the first part of the application several times (by the third time I got smart enough to copy and past my answers, lol), I hope one of them went through!!

Did anyone get the other email yet? :confused3

cressy
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
HMF-
I can't imagine how frustrated you must have been.
Best of luck to you now that you'll at least get to submit it.
Thanks for sharing the communication from careerbuilder.
Now I wonder if I got the "thank you, stay tuned..." message yesterday
if I'll get the email, or I'm in?
The whole procedure, for me, required some major pixie dust!! I would so dread having to go through that again (but of course I would!)

TLP127
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Zulaya, Since it sounds like they have had several issues with the servers, maybe you should try to contact CareerBuilder and let them know you also sent in your video twice and it has not posted, just in case they are only contacting people who tried to upload their videos yesterday.

Good luck to everybody still trying!

zulaya
01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I got the email saying they were sending an email with the correct instructions. However, I have not received said email and I have checked my junk mail and spam filters.

Has anyone received the email instructions? If so can someone email them to me at pampchef@qwest.net

Thanks!

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I haven't gotten it yet either zulaya.....

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
There is a forum on careerbuilder that has updates about yesterdays tech issue: http://careerbuilderforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=68&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=433d6f090a6b199c5930ca0cbde46a33

zulaya
01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
So apparently if you don't get the email to resubmit they have your video?

Does that then mean that they aren't uploading all of them?

I'm just a little frustrated right now.

LadyZolt
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
If it helps anyone, I uploaded mine last week, but it didn't show up for two days on the DreamCMO site. I'm pretty sure that they view all of them to make sure they are appropriate (people are dressed right, no X-rated stuff, no profanity, no music, etc.), so with the number of people trying to upload over the weekend, and with the technical glitch, I think that it might take several days to view and put up on the DreamCMO site all the videos that they received, and the ones that they will receive via email for the people they contact because of the glitch. If mine took about 48 hours to show up in a less busy time with no glitch, it might take at least that long for ones uploaded this weekend to show up. So everyone hang in there! :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

zulaya
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
LadyZolt---

So how can you explain that my video (which I am sure is not breaking rules) was originally uploaded on Jan 19, appeared to be accepted, and yet still doesn't appear after 9 days?

I also uploaded it again this last Friday, Jan 25, and still received an accepted screen.

I hope they just aren't showing all videos. I know I didn't have music, multiple people, anything unseemly...so I'm not sure what to think in my situation.

Fantasmic303
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I just got the email:

Thank you for applying for the Disney CMO Job on the DreamCMO.com website. We have the first part of your application, but not your video resume. We had unforeseen amounts of traffic to the contest site yesterday which caused for back up of the systems. You may have tried to upload your video, but unfortunately we do not have it.

Because of the technical difficulties, we are giving you the opportunity to submit your video resume again which will be judged for the contest.

You must upload your video before tonight (Monday, January 28) at 11:59:59PM Eastern time.

And there's a link to enter the site, which I'm afraid to click on right now because I'm at work and can't upload my video until I get home...I don't want to risk it registering my information before it's time to process it.

pxefig
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I just got the email. I'm not really tech saavy, but I clicked the link and copied the address, and here it is:
http://www.dreamcmo.com/apply-continue-next.php

I hope this works and helps, and if not, your email should be coming soon!
Good luck!

pxefig
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
They're also letting you upload it to YouTube and you just have to give them the URL (through the website I just posted; you can't just email them the link)

TLP127
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi all!

I just found this and thought I'd share it. It's the most info I've seen about what is expected of the CMO.

Job Description

A simple dreamer won’t do. If you’re elected, we’ll give you a costume and you’ll get some interesting coaching from a great bunch of characters. But you’ll have to play the part for 12 months during The Year of a Million Dreams 2008 celebration.

On select weekends throughout the year, the Chief Magic Official will be tasked with dream-making ambassador duties, including appearances at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida and Disneyland® Resort in California.

As part of the selection process, ten semi-finalists will be provided the creative tools to conduct a full-blown viral campaign during this very important election. As any good candidate knows this time of year, you’ve got to get those votes! The top three finalists will be invited along with their party of three guests to Walt Disney World Resort to compete in a variety of dreamy activities. The winner will be chosen based on abilities, personality, communication skills, magical acumen, and votes.

Responsibilities

In Park:
Makes dreams come true
Honorary member of the Disney Dream Squad
Makes magical “decrees’
Creates magic moments
Interacts with guests always
Performs magical upgrades
Is the Golden Ticket to every attraction
Communications:
Keeps a Dream Blog
Editor of the Quarterly Dream Report
Dream-Maker Ambassador:
Spreads magic and inspiration in random communities
Does speaking engagements on “Finding Your Dream Job’
Talks magic-making with members of the media
Benefits:
Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
20 Disney Parks admission passes
VIP host throughout each stay
Salary plus a per-visit bonus
Insurance to cover visits

JUST MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE!!! :rotfl2: :worship: :yay:

miller17
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I uploaded mine on Jan. 19 and again on Jan. 26. I got the Thank you screen both times but it has never appeared. I e-mailed careerbuilder but got no reply. I tried to upload again yesterday evening but got disconnected after about an hour. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet. Does this mean one of mine went through and just hasn't been posted? It had no music and followed all the rules. This is so frustrating!

Marshay
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi all!

I just found this and thought I'd share it. It's the most info I've seen about what is expected of the CMO.

Job Description

A simple dreamer won’t do. If you’re elected, we’ll give you a costume and you’ll get some interesting coaching from a great bunch of characters. But you’ll have to play the part for 12 months during The Year of a Million Dreams 2008 celebration.

On select weekends throughout the year, the Chief Magic Official will be tasked with dream-making ambassador duties, including appearances at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida and Disneyland® Resort in California.

As part of the selection process, ten semi-finalists will be provided the creative tools to conduct a full-blown viral campaign during this very important election. As any good candidate knows this time of year, you’ve got to get those votes! The top three finalists will be invited along with their party of three guests to Walt Disney World Resort to compete in a variety of dreamy activities. The winner will be chosen based on abilities, personality, communication skills, magical acumen, and votes.

Responsibilities

In Park:
Makes dreams come true
Honorary member of the Disney Dream Squad
Makes magical “decrees’
Creates magic moments
Interacts with guests always
Performs magical upgrades
Is the Golden Ticket to every attraction
Communications:
Keeps a Dream Blog
Editor of the Quarterly Dream Report
Dream-Maker Ambassador:
Spreads magic and inspiration in random communities
Does speaking engagements on “Finding Your Dream Job’
Talks magic-making with members of the media
Benefits:
Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
20 Disney Parks admission passes
VIP host throughout each stay
Salary plus a per-visit bonus
Insurance to cover visits

JUST MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE!!! :rotfl2: :worship: :yay:

Thanks for posting this! Looks like they will be picking a CMO to cover a variety of roles -- someone who can speak well in front of others, someone who can write and tell a story, someone who can go in front of a camera and interact with the average "Joe" in addition to giving out dreams.

What fun!

Fantasmic303
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Can anyone help me? I just saw the size requirement of 50 MB or less...if I'm reading the properties on my wmv file, it's 5.10 MB...does that make sense? I'm someone computer literate, but file size always confuses me, and I have no idea if it seems reasonable that my file would be that size (so small?) when the limit was so much bigger. Does that just mean the quality of the picture and effects are limited? Or am I reading things completely wrong? :confused3 I was worried about making the minute length (59 seconds baby!), but now I'm concerned about the size...

pxefig
01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Can anyone help me? I just saw the size requirement of 50 MB or less...if I'm reading the properties on my wmv file, it's 5.10 MB...does that make sense? I'm someone computer literate, but file size always confuses me, and I have no idea if it seems reasonable that my file would be that size (so small?) when the limit was so much bigger. Does that just mean the quality of the picture and effects are limited? Or am I reading things completely wrong? :confused3 I was worried about making the minute length (59 seconds baby!), but now I'm concerned about the size...

It makes sense that it's that small. Did you record it with a digital camera or something? Also, if it's just you talking with no voice overs, slices, animation, etc., it's not going to be 50 MB. Mine was 14 MB, so don't worry.

zulaya
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Ok, I didn't get the email.

So my question is, should I upload to YouTube anyway?

HauntedMansionFan
01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Couldn't hurt.....

Fantasmic303
01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
It makes sense that it's that small. Did you record it with a digital camera or something? Also, if it's just you talking with no voice overs, slices, animation, etc., it's not going to be 50 MB. Mine was 14 MB, so don't worry.

I actually used my Sony camcorder, and there are voiceovers and slides with transitions, but I don't think it's that fancy, so I guess it's fine. I uploaded it to Youtube and it comes across as fine (though the quality isn't terrific, it's definitely watchable). I originally edited with ULead software and then had to change it over to wmv, so maybe that's where it got condensed. :confused3

Who the heck knows, this thing is giving me a headache!!:rotfl:

catotigger
01-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, I didn't get the email.

So my question is, should I upload to YouTube anyway?
Zulaya, I submitted my video at 9:30am on Friday the 25th, and it also has not shown up. I don't think I broke rules, either.

Please let us know what you decide to do about posting on YouTube, etc

zulaya
01-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I uploaded to YouTube. The quality of the video really went down. Hopefully that isn't counted against me...I am not video editing savvy and I don't have time to learn ina couple hours...and that what I say and do is what they pay attention to.

I submitted the link and got the same Thanks page I'd gotten previously. So maybe they have had it all this time. Who knows.

disneynewman
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I just called CB and they said the emails were going out in 'waves' by region. So fingers crossed we actually get the email soon!

MUDisneyCouple
01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Anyone know when the final 20 will be announced?

TLP127
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008.

I love the "on or about" part! What does that mean? I might be sitting in front of my computer for days, constantly checking my inbox! :surfweb:

Amy7979
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I hope at that time they'll email ALL applicants, so that everyone can at least know that their entry was considered.

catotigger
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Mine finally made it! I am so glad I found this discussion board - I would have gone nuts if it weren't for you guys! Thanks for being here.

I guess I'm too new to post my link...I keep getting an error message. Oh, well, thanks again.

HauntedMansionFan
01-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Mine finally loaded!!! Thank you all for listening to me complain.... I ended up having to upload it to youtube and submitting the link, because the main site was still dragging. The youtube upload cut off the last like second off, but I'm still pretty proud.

TLP127
01-29-2008, 08:57 AM
So glad to hear everybody got there videos in! Now what are we going to do to keep from going nuts before Feb 7th?

zulaya
01-29-2008, 10:18 AM
TLP127--

Where did you find that job description? Was that up on CareerBuilder?

TAKitty
01-29-2008, 10:23 AM
TLP127--

Where did you find that job description? Was that up on CareerBuilder?

That was the description on CareerBuilder the first day they announced the contest. They changed things around a bit the second day. Some Disney sites have the information from this first day on their sites.

TLP127
01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Zulaya- Here ya go!

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123361

Is your video up on YouTube? Do you want to give us the link? :goodvibes

Traci

HauntedMansionFan
01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Here is the link to mine on youtube if anyone wants to check it out..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunyDBi8fSA

TLP127
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Great job, Steve! It makes me wish I was there!

HauntedMansionFan
01-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks.... the only thing I don't like is that youtube cut off like the last microsecond of Mickey talking... but oh well. I think the point still gets across.

catotigger
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
How many posts do I have to make before I can give you guys the link to my video?

Tried to find in FAQ's but missed it somehow.

TLP127
01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Cato- Not sure about the posts, but if you PM LuvsTink, she'll be able to put it in the list with all of the videos at the beginning of this thread. :)

catotigger
01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks TLP - finally found where it says I have to post at least 10 times before I can add a link or PM someone. Live and learn!

Once I hit that number, hope you will enjoy seeing my video. It's been so fun to do!

catotigger
01-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Yay! here's mine at last

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-EB4CC247B112A1B22FA84459FD722B2E

disneynewman
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Is anyone else still waiting for this email from Career Builder?

disneynewman
01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Yay! here's mine at last

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-EB4CC247B112A1B22FA84459FD722B2E

That was good, and what good sports your co-workers are:goodvibes

catotigger
01-29-2008, 06:15 PM
That was good, and what good sports your co-workers are:goodvibes
You are so right - I am so lucky. Everyone got excited and wanted to be a part of it! Plus, I really get to wear jeans and Disney t-shirts every day - and I do!

TLP127
01-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Cathy- I really liked your video! :thumbsup2

catotigger
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks TLP! I certainly enjoyed watching yours and the other disers.

I'm so glad I found this place - you are my first message board experience.

MUDisneyCouple
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I have loved watching everyone's videos...who knows where I was when all this was going down - I totally missed the boat on this one :confused3 I sure am rooting for everyone and I hope that one of you earns the mega ears!

pamouselover
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
I did not get to enter.....I had a family problem Friday and total forgot.
catotigger...I really like your video, good luck!

catotigger
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I did not get to enter.....I had a family problem Friday and total forgot.
catotigger...I really like your video, good luck!
Thanks so much. I'm with the other posters - I just hope someone from here makes the top 10!

cressy
01-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Well, mine's still not up.:confused: I did get the thank you, stay tuned message, and did NOT get the follow-up resubmission email.
I'm trying to reassure myself that the site was so swamped Sunday, that all the Sunday submissions aren't gonna be put up.
Has anybody that uploaded theirs Sunday (or Monday) seen theirs up yet?

laughingirlJmor
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, mine's still not up.:confused: I did get the thank you, stay tuned message, and did NOT get the follow-up resubmission email.
I'm trying to reassure myself that the site was so swamped Sunday, that all the Sunday submissions aren't gonna be put up.
Has anybody that uploaded theirs Sunday (or Monday) seen theirs up yet?

I'm in the same boat as you *sigh* I uploaded Sunday with no difficulty and I haven't seen my video online. No email to speak of. I'm worried beyond belief............sorry that's not to reassuring :lmao:

zulaya
01-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, the front page of dreamcmo.com now says that registration has ended and you can view SOME of the applicant videos.

So that to me says they haven't put all of them up and that they probably won't.

Make me feel a little better since mine is not up there still either.

cressy
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Well, that word "some" makes me feel a little better, too.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, I expect if ours aren't up by now, they won't be.

laughingirlJmor
01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah I've given up hope on seeing my video online. BUT I went to this careerbuilder.com message board with a guy who was helping the people who were experiencing complications because of the glitch and he said many times that if your video was uploaded successfully and you got that window that said Thanks and everything that your video will be considered. So I believe that ours got in they just didn't put it up on the website. I've also read on different message boards that there were other's that didn't get posted. So keep that hope alive!!! :dogdance: I know I am or at least until Feb. 7th when they contact the top 20...... :idea:

cressy
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
That makes me feel a little better yet, so thank you for letting us know that.
Now let's all cross our fingers for each other!
Good luck fellow DISers!!

HauntedMansionFan
01-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I was one of the ones that got caught up in the tech glitch on Sunday, I got the email on Monday and the uploading process was still incredibly slow. I scoured the site on Tuesday and came across my video.

miller17
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I uploaded my video to YouTube. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldbVCDZGd2I

It's still not on the Careerbuilder website. When we first put it on YouTube it only had audio so I'm worried that the video part didn't go through when I uploaded it for the contest. I called Careerbuilder today and was told that if I didn't get an e-mail that said to resend it then they should have it. I'm not so sure. I'm anxious to see if any diser's get a call next week for the phone interview.

cressy
02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Thank goodness we don't have to wait that long.
By this time next week, we'll know how many DISers
are finalists!!:goodvibes

catotigger
02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey Gang - this message is now on the dreamcmo.com site:

"Don't see your application?

Due to the overwhelming response to the DreamCMO contest, we can only show a sampling of all the applications received!

Refresh this page to see 25 more sample applications to the DreamCMO contest!

Check back on March 2nd 12:00 AM EST to vote on the Top 10!"

So hopefully some of you that don't see yours are still in the running!