PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at Marriott Horizons Lately?

CAP56
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
We leave Sunday for a week at Marriott Horizons Resort. Has anyone stayed there lately? What building to request...Any not to be missed things...Is food available onsite and if so what kind.

3kidsfordis
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
We stayed in April 2007. The hot tubs are outstanding. My kids loved the Pirate Pool. Staff led a lot of fun activities in the pool-tag etc. They had a movie by the pool night as well. The outdoor bar by the Pirate pool served food. Chicken nuggets, turkey roll ups and burgers I think. The turkey sandwiches were good. We were only there at night. I'm pretty sure they served lunch but not sure about breakfast.

There was an onsite mini-golf with a one-time fee per room. Also outside pool table and basketball. We stayed in BLDG 10 (Ithink). It was a low rise bldg with parking directly in front (good for my mother) and a very short walk to Pirate Pool and Bar/Snack Shop.:woohoo:

We enjoyed the stay very much. have fun on your vacation.

littlestar
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
We just got back from a big family trip a few days ago. One of our Marriott exchanges was to Horizons (also had Cypress Harbour, too). Being a Marriott owner and this being a Marriott trade, we requested Building 28 or 29 (newest buildings) and received a 2nd floor room in Building 28. It overlooked the platform slide. Our 2 bedroom was in perfect condition.

DeeCeeSW
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any info. on the 1-bedroom villas at Horizons? I cannot find anything on Marriott's website.

TIA!

littlestar
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any info. on the 1-bedroom villas at Horizons? I cannot find anything on Marriott's website.

TIA!

The one bedrooms at Horizons are only in the newest buildings - 28 & 29. They are very nice. Big screen TV's and nicely furnished. Stack washer and dryer, king bed in the master bedroom.

DeeCeeSW
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a pull-out sofa in the LR area? I am considering a 1-bedroom for my family of three....

littlestar
01-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a pull-out sofa in the LR area? I am considering a 1-bedroom for my family of three....

Yes, my grown kids said it was comfortable (no bar in the back).

davinakb
01-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Stayed there in October 2007, but I cannot help with room request. Our room was in an older building and was fine, and you can always ask about a new building when you check in. There is limited food on property which we did not use, as we cooked breakfast in the room and ate dinners out. I will give kudos to service, as I left a pair of shoes there and was able to pick them up last month. FWIW.

ainemcgrath
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
is overlooking the slide and water area. Nearest to front entrance also.

We stayed for 3 nts last year before moving on to Floridays down the road. Fab building, fab view, couldn't say anything negativeabout the place!