PDA

View Full Version : Help: cheap, clean basic hotel for 1 night

PleaseStandClear
01-07-2008, 09:50 AM
We're planning a spring break trip for 10 people (ugh!). We've got DVC for the week we're at Disney, but since our flights arrive so late in the day, we're flying a day early. We're looking for a clean, basic hotel where we can get a good night's sleep before heading out to Disney bright and early.

I know we used to stay in some very clean, basic places in Kissimme for about $40 a night off-season, but we haven't donet hat for more than 5 years and a lot can change in that time.

We will have a rental van, so we don't need shuttles. We will either need 3 rooms or some combination of multi-room suites. We're hoping for under $100 a night per room. We are eligible for AAA discounts.

I found this thread in reviews: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576932

Are there any places you can recommend?

Thanks!

ruadisneyfan2
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I would search on Hotwire for which ever neighborhood you'd like to stay. We've gotten the Hyatt in MCO terminal for only $59 + tax per nt and the Renaissance Ft.Lauderdale for $113, usually $300.
Just be sure to enter the correct # of rooms in your search and book as 1 transaction so you don't end up in different hotels. Personally I wouldn't trust anything lower than 3 stars.
There's a website that can help ID what each hotel will be:
www.betterbidding.com

good luck!:goodvibes

dougsmom98
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
There was a recent (August 07) review of Ramada Inn Main Gate West that was pretty good on the review thread. Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556255&referrerid=&highlight=ramada

dyna
01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Travelodge suites maingate orange do a search for it on trip advisor many good reports there I have stayed there for a couple nights in Aug last year an this year over New Years.

Very nice hotel for the money! Rooms with 2 double beds plus a pull out sofa and a fridge for about 50.00 a night or less.

diznee princess
01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
marriott , hamptons inns and fairfield inns are good choices..include breakfasts and are suite type rooms, usually 79-99 a nt.
clean, satisfaction guaranteed, friendly helpful staff. many locations from near airport to near disney, int drive. go to thier websites or expedia or one like that. ask for entertainment rates or get internet rates

ntz4disney
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
We stayed at the Orlando Vista Resort, on 535 near DDT this past Decemnber for one night, got better deals on airfare to arrive the day before our planned DVC trip. Anyway, its was $69/night, very clean hour room had 2 Queen sized beds and they also have suites available as well. Our room cost us $69/night and it was perfect. No complaints from us about it. Apparently I was told it used to be called Doubletree Club Suites. They are upgrading the entire resort and making it into an all suite place. Anyway, worth looking into, and it was a perfect location too!

Good Luck :)

PleaseStandClear
01-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Following this link on another thread about cheap one night places, I booked some rooms at the Comfort Inn LBV for $49/night. (I thinkyou have too book by mid-jan for that rate, though)
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/orlando-hotels/355988

nepean
01-13-2008, 09:24 PM
We just returned from the Travelodge Eastgate Orange. We were there for 12 nights and it is clean and we paid $46. per night with AAA discount. We arrived early in Orlando and could not add two extra nights so we went looking for a inexpensive place for two nights and found the Golden Link Motel. They are just down the road from the Travelodge. The Golden Link is owned and operated by an American family. They have owned it since it was built. It was the cleanest motel I have stayed in. The off season rate for 3 people was $42.95. The rooms are large and have micro/fridge, free high speed internet and the motel is located on Lake Cecile. If we had not had free nights for the beginning of our stay at the Travelodge we would have cancelled and stayed at the Golden Link.