View Full Version : 4 people, 3 weeks, 2 resorts and 1 Kingdom! - Last day!

03-01-2002, 07:57 AM

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

We woke up very early this morning and immediately felt very sad to be going - but hey ho, all good things must come to an end I suppose, but it doesn't make things any better. Finished off the packing and left a HUGE pile of rubbish in the room - but we did place most of it in the recycling facilities, all those bottles - LOL

DDs had great fun waving to all the nice people in the Red T-shirts on the ferries going to MK. We've never had such a response from folks on the boats like that before.

I moved the car to the car park closest to TTC and the room. Instead of calling Bell Services we just moved everything ourselves, or rather I did. Gee it's hot again and I'm sweating buckets so I get DW to drape a towel over my shoulders. (I'm sure I can feel that "Rocky" music in my ears) - LOL

Over to Captain Cooks for the last breakfast and filled up on sausages, hash browns, bacon, toast etc - this is more like it!

Over to the Great Ceremonial House to check out and settle up - Gulp! How Much?????

Ok, so here we are and it's the last day - what do we do? Parks, pool or shopping?……drinking?

We ask DDs what they fancied and they said that they were a bit "parked out" so we decide to hang around the pool for a couple of hours rather than head for a park as we'd originally planned.

What luck, we had kept our cossies in our hand luggage just in case and used the Poly towels to dry off.

We spent a lovely couple of hours chilling out by the pool with a few drinks and reflecting on the last three weeks.



So, what about all the hype of the Gay Day disruption?

Well, we didn't go to any of the parks, so can't comment on anything there, but Disney did Early Entry in all their parks today to compensate for the crowds! Don't think that happens very often!

The 'Gay Day' events etc didn't bother our family at all and we would have no hesitation in going back at this time again. Our girls understand that not all couples are male/female and so didn't bat an eyelid at anything else they saw.

Here are a few comments/observations: -

1. lovely green toe nail varnish

2. women wearing t-shirts "It just takes love to make a family"

3. "Oh Thomas you're such a *****" was one funny comment overheard at the bar

4. 2 male octogenarians walking hand in hand

5. Very busy and crowded everywhere

…..but lots of happy smiling faces.


We went to Kona Café for a bite to eat for lunch - excellent food although it was packed in here and the poor waiting staff were rushed off their feet.

We had a final swim, showered and got dressed ready to head off to the airport.

I really, really do not want to leave!

Ok I'll admit it - I cried harder than I've ever cried before when leaving any resort. I was just numb and quiet all the way back to the car pound…….I couldn't talk to anyone……ok……macho man image back on.

We took our luggage out of the car but it took us another 15 minutes to empty all of the rubbish and debris from the car!

We caught the shuttle to the airport, checked in and went around the shops. We managed to pick up some cool swimming goggles for the DDs with holograms of sharks on and tons of Harry Potter stuff from the Warner Brothers store.

We took our polystyrene cooler with us to the airport with ***as and packed pots of Pringles. This helped us out a lot with DDs pestering us for food and drink and avoided the airport prices. When we were about to head to the gate, we dumped it.

Onto the flight and feeling sad once more about leaving WDW and everything after a brilliant time - thank you America…..we'll be back!

On the way home, Laura slept for about 5 hours, Alexandra about 1 hour and we had none! This was fairly deliberate as we wanted to avoid too much jet lag, and both of us feel worse after 2 hours sleep than none at all for some reason!

The flight on that way back was only about 8 and a half hours back to the cold and damp!

Oh well, back home now and I'm missing WDW already………now to start back in planning mode!

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to read and respond to these reports - I've really enjoyed putting them together and it's been a good record of our holiday.

05-29-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by BONZO

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to read and respond to these reports - I've really enjoyed putting them together and it's been a good record of our holiday.

thankyou for taking the time to write them - i've enjoyed reading them immensly..:D

05-21-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!