PDA

View Full Version : Chance of a good Skyauction deal in June?

crusoe2
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
We're planning a trip for the 2nd or 3rd week in June and I've been checking Skyauction periodically to see if there are any good condo auctions for that time period. So far I haven't found anything and I'm wondering if it's because the resorts haven't released inventory to Skyauction for that time period yet or if it is just unlikely that there will be anything available since that is getting into the busy summer season. I would love to get a deal like some of the ones I've read about on here (like less than $500 for a week) but I don't want to wait too long to book and then have to settle for something I'm really not happy with. So far the properties I've liked on sites like VRBO are going to cost me somewhere in the $950 - $1200 range. Is that probably the best price I'm going to find for a villa or condo in mid-June? I'm coming to the conclusion that it may be since I want somewhere that has a resort feel with a nicely decorated unit, nice pool, etc. I hate to give up on getting something cheaper but I want to be realistic about what's available for less. I'm trying to decide if I should just bite the bullet and book something I really like for more money rather than wait until the last minute and risk having to settle for something I don't really like and possibly still not save much money.:confused3 Any advice?

4Seasons
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I've never seen anything for Orlando after the first week of June for summer weeks.
The whole purpose of the Getaway weeks program (last minute escapes for RCI and agents) is to fill excess inventory. There really isn't much excess inventory in summer for Orlando.
The Getaway weeks program is at the bottom of the list when it comes to getting inventory. Anything that shows up on there will also be available to RCI members and agents to reserve, and we can do that online at any time, we don't have to call during certain hours. The saavy RCI member will go online about 3 am on a Sunday morning, after the site comes back up (it gets taken down every Saturday evening around 8:45 pm and inventory gets added) and have first pick of what's there. Anything good for peak timeframes (i.e. summer) will be long gone (most likely) by the time the phones open at 9:30 am to call in and book a getaway week.
That's been my experience with them, and I worked very closely with RCI over the last 18 months.

There are other places MUCH less expensive than $900 for summer weeks in Orlando.