PDA

View Full Version : Recommended restaurants near Windsor Hills?

Jotul
01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
We're arriving in Orlando late evening on a Saturday and staying at Windsor Hills. We'll need to go to a grocery store to set up our house, as well as a restaurant, since I know I'll be too exhausted to cook a proper meal.

Any recommendations for a family of four for a decent restaurant? Would like to avoid the major chains that will probably be overly crowded on a Saturday night. Would like a nice in-an-out place with decent-to-good food.

Thanks!

gqchicago
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
There's the Dennys, Perkins, etc, for a lower end, fast kind of restaurant. On 192 there's a great Italian place called Carabba's we ate at last trip that we all loved, and an Outback Steakhouse that wasn't all that crowded for a weekend (meaning we had zero wait to get a table). Another option, Giordano's is famous Chicago deep dish pizza and has a restaurant there on 192 right near WHR, and they deliver to Windsor Hills, so if you don't want to eat out just call and order a pizza for delivery to the house! We usually do this our first night there and let the kids swim, they love it!

isla bonita
01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
There's the Dennys, Perkins, etc, for a lower end, fast kind of restaurant. On 192 there's a great Italian place called Carabba's we ate at last trip that we all loved, and an Outback Steakhouse that wasn't all that crowded for a weekend (meaning we had zero wait to get a table). Another option, Giordano's is famous Chicago deep dish pizza and has a restaurant there on 192 right near WHR, and they deliver to Windsor Hills, so if you don't want to eat out just call and order a pizza for delivery to the house! We usually do this our first night there and let the kids swim, they love it!

Take some good advice order a deep dish pizza from Giordanos and a salad believe me one will be plenty. Let the kidos go swimming and you will be their hero.

PistonsFan
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
There's a chinese place in the Formosa Gardens shopping center that has really good carry-out. Sorry I don't know the name of it, but they do deliver to WH. If you had a phone book in your cnodo you could probably find it, or maybe someone else knows the name.

Brian Noble
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
That's good to know, because the Chinese place in the Orange Lake shopping center with the Publix is positively horrible.

aquaticmom
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I've searched Giordano's website for their hours but can't find it listed. Does anyone remember how late they stay open on weeknights? We won't be arriving at WH until aprrox. 11:30 PM next Tuesday and I would like to order pizza and pick it up on our way past.

gqchicago
01-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Giordano's
www.giordanos.com

7866 W Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34747
(407) 397-0044

Open Daily 11am-11:30pm

aquaticmom
01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks!!