PDA

View Full Version : Help house rental advice needed

tinkerbell423
01-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I have read some of the posts over the last few days about house rentals and I've started looking. Now I am completely overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!! How does everyone else go about researching these houses. I sent out email requests and now my inbox is flooded. I need to sort through the houses but don't really know how to begin. What hidden fee should I look for. What area should I look at?
Thank you

sympatico
01-04-2008, 10:13 PM
You can sort by price, area, amenities etc.
Map: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa-map.php
Pick the general area that you think you want to stay in. Look for the approx. price you want to pay and for what amenities you want.
It takes some time to sort through them but narrow it down to 5 then go from there. Good luck! :)

Freaky
01-05-2008, 03:50 AM
You will find that the DIBB map doesn't have quite a few of the newer resorts showing on it yet :confused3

JANNYANS
01-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Have a wish list and start from there then decide whether the price is right for you.

A&CsMom
01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Here is what I would do:

You will probably want to first figure out the minimum number of bedrooms (and bathrooms) you want.

Then you need to decide if being really close to Disney is important to you. Look at the villa map and write down the resorts or neighbourhoods that are within the distance you would like to be.

If you are willing to drive a little farther to pay a little less, then note some of the communities that are a farther away from Disney. Often you can get a larger house for the same as a smaller one closer to Disney.

Once you have decided on some communities, and the minimum size of home, you can always do a search on the review board to see if there are any recommended homes in that community.

If not, go to a site where you can search by community and start looking through those specific homes. Check their availability for your dates first. At this point you will want a specific wish list in mind, such as size and configuration of beds, two story or bungalow, whether you want a house with a community pool, bar-b-q available, hot tub or spa, Disney themed room(s), price, cost of pool heat, decor, etc.

If you like quieter areas with an easy commute to Disney, I can recommend Davenport.

We stayed in Cumbrian Lakes (in Kissimmee down Poinciana off 192) last year and I would not recommend that area.

If you want to be really close to Disney, Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island Resort I believe are some of the closest and are fairly new as well.

Good luck with your search and have fun!:)