PDA

View Full Version : The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

acourtwdw
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Inspired by the worst behavior thread. What is the nicest thing another guest has done for your and/or your family at a Disney Park? I think this would be an interesting thread. With so many people saying that manners are a thing of the past, let us see that they aren't.

shakebear
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
subscribing! :thumbsup2

bamagirl@hrt
01-03-2008, 09:53 PM
On our trip in October, as we entered Captain Cook's at the Poly, a man handed us several soft drink cups. Seems that he was leaving that day & got these with leftover snack credits to share in a random act of kindness. It was a nice surprise.

We've been the recepients of fastpasses that others have gotten, but weren't going to use.

These were fun surprises, but I've gotten the most joy out of just conversing with other families in line and while waiting for parades or fireworks. Most people are very kind and courteous. It's just a few bad apples that can make it seem like manners are going to hades in a handbasket.

chipndales
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Inspired by the worst behavior thread. What is the nicest thing another guest has done for your and/or your family at a Disney Park? I think this would be an interesting thread. With so many people saying that manners are a thing of the past, let us see that they aren't.

We've gotten fast passes too as we were getting in line for Soarin' and Space Mountain, and we always try to give back if we've gotten fast passes and aren't going to use them. :goodvibes

At the MNSSHP in '06 my DD, who was 9 at the time, was two rows back with me and couldn't see a thing so this wonderful woman with small children there asked if it'd be alright if my DD stood against the rope with her children so she could see better. My daughter had a prime view for the whole parade and got to hold out her bag for treats at the end.

My mom is disabled with Spinal Stenosis and has to use an ECV and she accidentally got ran off the curb on Main Street and two strangers helped her immediately. My father was in the store with my DD and I so she was alone and feeling very embarrassed, but the people were very kind to her.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind right away. We always buy those glow sticks at the dollar store or Wal Mart before we go and give them away to kids as we're leaving for the night. My DD loves being able to share and brighten a child's night. We often see them on the monorail later on playing with them, or bus if we're on site.

Randomly, I want a frozen latte from MK right now. :banana:

DisneyGirl625
01-03-2008, 10:07 PM
While waiting for astro orbiter i got pooped on by a bird and almost everyone waiting with me and my mom started handing me napkins, baby wipes, and sanitizer. I thought that was nice since i was wearing a tanktop and i didnt have anything with me.

TwoRoos
01-03-2008, 10:10 PM
We had a lot of nice things done to/for us by guests on our recent trip (our first ever but hopefully not our last)! One of the first things that comes to mind is the couple who held one of our strollers for us one night on the bus back to Pop. It had been a long day in the park, and we were run ragged (just like everyone else). It was either our first or second night at WDW and we were overwhelmed with the logisitics of dealing with it all--especially the busses and all our stuff. (We had a rental car most of the time, but this night we didn't.) The bus was nearly full when we got on, so we figured we would have to stand. We had two strollers, a backpack, and two kids (5 & 17m) to keep up with. As we were finding a place to stand and balance our stuff, a super nice couple took one of our strollers to help us out. I thought they were just holding it for dh while he got set. But instead they insisted on keeping it for us the whole time! They were sitting and had a good spot to lean it against the wall. I was soooo thankful for their help and I thanked them endlessly. (It seems like I even ended up getting a seat that night, too, but I know dh stood.)

Another man helped dh get the strollers on the tram one night. We walked up right as the tram was boarding, so we had to quickly unload the baby and fold her stroller. Another guest could see that I was struggling to hold the baby and get my 5 year old on while dh was quickly folding the one stroller and handing them both up. So this man a seat or two back jumped up and helped dh get our stuff on. Again, I was so thankful for the kindness of a total stranger. In hind site, we probably could have done it all ourselves and handled it fine, but we were so worried about holding up the tram that we went into crazy mode trying to get all our stuff on there quickly.

During our trip, I tried to return the favor to other people, especially people struggling on the busses. That part stressed me out the most, so I tried to help others when I could. For example, if the bus was crowded and I was lucky enough to get a seat, I would hold the baby and have my 5 year old stand in front of me or sit on my knee so that someone else and her kids could sit down. Unless the bus was empty, I never let my dd have her own seat. My dh always stood, too.

Oh, one other really nice thing that happened to us...we were trying to find somewhere to watch the MK parade one afternoon. It was getting close to 3:00 so we knew we would likely not get a front row seat and that was okay with us. We walked up behind some people and we could see really well over them (they were sitting down, so our kids could even see from their strollers), so we were happy. There was a couple in front of us who were standing next to the sitting people and they insisted that we push our two strollers up in front of them so our kids could see better. We told them several times that we were fine and thanked them for the offer. But they wouldn't take no for an answer. They insisted that our whole family get in front of them. So we basically traded spots with them. It was a totally unexpected surprise. We really enjoyed our front row "seats." Of course, we thanked them profusely and they said they wouldn't have it any other way.

Overall, we met lots of super nice guests at WDW!

Angel Ariel
01-03-2008, 10:11 PM
On our trip last month, we went into EPCOT on our first night so I could get my churro fix in Mexico :) The woman in front of us in line asked if we wanted a soda- she was leaving the next day and needed to use up snack credits. It was very sweet of her :) In the spirit of paying it forward, DH and I helped a young girl and her friend find her dad after the castle lighting show one night. The 2 girls didn't have a cell phone, and were w/us in front of the castle, and dad was n Fantasyland and couldn't get to them. It was a little stressful, but in the end everyone met up- yay cell phones!! :)

We also had a blast on this trip striking up conversations with other people in line, or on the streets waiting for shows.

On our honeymoon last year, we had a couple leaving EPCOT during EMH hand us a pair of Test Track FPs- which was especially awesome, b/c there were none left for the night when we got there! We wouldn't have gotten to ride otherwise!

Scrubba2
01-03-2008, 10:13 PM
On our trip last year, we got stuck in the rain (one of those huge down pours) at Epcot. I was shopping at WS, and DH was waiting for me while having a cold one at the Rose & Crown. We were both happy! He called me to ask how I was getting along because our dinner reservation was upon us. We were celebrating our anniversary. I told him that I was going to stay put until the rain let up since I had no intention of buying a poncho. Since there were several people shopping instead of being in the rain, a woman standing near me overheard my conversation and insisted that I take her poncho and go! She said that this was her last night at WDW, and she wasn't going to be using her Mickey Mouse poncho any time again soon, so she was happy to give it to me! It was so sweet of her! She insisted that we didn't lose our anniversary dinner reservations. I'll never forget that! Sure enough, once our dinner was over the sky was all sunny again. I kept looking to see if I could find her to return the poncho to her, but I never saw her again. It was a great anniversary! The kindness of a stranger made it even more special.

TSNCS
01-03-2008, 10:14 PM
This didn't happen to me, but we were walking behind a family at Epcot, and I overheard them talking about someone who had given them the leftover credits from their dining plan.

A family gave ours some fastpasses they weren't using, which was great!

The best feeling I got, though, was when I gave a family some fastpasses we weren't going to use! I still remember their smiles!!1

Loafmastermom
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
The first time DH came to WDW with me and our DS (4 at the time) we were leaving Epcot one night and he started to take the stroller back to turn it in. It was around dinner time and people were still pouring in. I told him to wait a minute and kept pushing the stroller toward the exit. He can't figure out what I'm up to. We get up to the exit and I spy a lady and her small daughter heading over to get a stroller. I gave her mine so she could avoid the wait/walk with her little one. She was so grateful and my husband was like "Ohhhhhhh". I told him that had been done for me a couple of times when I went with DSis and my son was a toddler. Most of the time people have already paid for their stroller; this just saves them time when their kids are anxious to let the fun begin.

Loafmastermom
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
oops

Loafmastermom
01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
oops again.

Loafmastermom
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
alright already geez.

kokomos
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
My first trip to Disney as an adult I had my dd3 at the time in a stroller and my backpack filled with anything and everything and more junk you dont really need, We were leaving the park on a very busy night at closing and
X-boyfriend beside us complaining about everything and all the sudden the backpack breaks everything falls out , camera, cash , snacks, ten thousand people behind us and everyone just stops and starts picking up my things and put them in a bag for me.
Hooked me on Disney and got rid of complainer:goodvibes

glitterkittyy
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Our first trip to Disney, my oldest daughter was 6 at the time and had some kind of bug. She put up a brave fight, but she wasn't feeling well at all so we decided to go back to the resort to let her rest. Well between the long, hot day and the monorail, she wasn't feeling well and ended up throwing up at the bus loading area. As I was cleaning up, a guy who was there with his friends, no children in sight, felt so bad for her (she was so embarassed) that he came over and told her to pick any pin off his lanyard that she liked. He had some very nice, collectible pins. She said "it's okay" and refused, but he insisted. So she picked a small one. lol It was a very nice gesture and did help her feel better. We thanked him profusely, and she still has that pin to this day four years later. She refuses to trade it!

Edited to add: I read some of the posts here and thank the OP for this thread. It helps to renew the faith that others also pay it forward. That helps keep the *magic* in Disney!!

my2boyzrock
01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Not that this is out of the ordinary, but whenever we asked someone to take a family photo of all of us, no one refused and of course we would reciprocate if they wanted. (Unlike our honeymoon trip to Ireland, when I asked a man to take our picture, he flat out said "No" :lmao:)

Mermaid_Ariel
01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
A very nice gentleman during MVMCP offered to take our picture (it's just the two of us) on 12/11/07. I thought that was so nice that he came out of no where and offered. I feel like we don't have very many pictures together so this was very meaningful for us. Thank you! :goodvibes

gottalluvmickey
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm super prepared. But of course, on the day my daughter trips and rips her knee open on the pavement, I have no Band-Aids!!! And it's downpouring!!! A very kind gentleman gave us band-aids and neo-sporin. Thank you band-aid man:banana:

Shmily1
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
On our way into the MK for MVMCP, a lady walked up to me an asked if we like to ride SM. I said yes, and she handed me four fast passes for it for the time we were entering! It made her happy to give them to someone that would use them and it made me happy that I didn't have to wait and could go ride SM right away!!!

Thanks Random Stranger!!! You made our day!!!

minnierealtor
01-04-2008, 09:07 AM
My DH broke his leg last March so he was in a wheel chair most of the time for our trip in late April. He was able to get into the bus just fine but we had to heave the wheel chair in. Some very nice people would see me struggle with it and help me out every time. What a great gesture!

Last August, DD and I were waiting for High School Musical show to start and a family offered to let her sit with them up front so she could see.

We have found that most people at Disney are kind and considerate but only the very few make someones trip memorable for all the wrong reasons.

jarrdisney
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I had just proposed to my fiance on 12/11 during wishes and the ring was a little too big. We saw a nice mother with child in stroller who had just lost a ring. We ended up finding the ring on the ground for her and she gave us a Cinderella band-aid to put around my fiance's ring.

Zombabe
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't have anything specific but people taking pics or saying excuse me that always makes my day since it is rare. :goodvibes

A pat on the back for my hubby and i when we were on our honeymoon we won a bunch of tickets at Disneyquest and gave them to a family with a bunch of kids. So they could get prizes.:thumbsup2

CoachBagFanatic
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I had just proposed to my fiance on 12/11 during wishes and the ring was a little too big. We saw a nice mother with child in stroller who had just lost a ring. We ended up finding the ring on the ground for her and she gave us a Cinderella band-aid to put around my fiance's ring.

:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS:cheer2: on your engagement. Good luck to the both of you.

I know this is disgusting but we were in the MK walking past the race cars when a little birdie did a no no on my shoulder and down my arm. Of course my DH and DS started to laugh and they ran because they can't stomach stuff like that. Real nice huh. This nice women had seen this happen and gave me a a couple of wipes to clean myself off. I was grateful that she helped me because I sure did not get any help from the two men in my life.:sad2:

Pakey
01-04-2008, 11:25 AM
DH is a golfer so I spend a lot of time alone when at WDW (no kids). One trip I was sitting alone having breakfast in the CL at YC and a very lovely young lady from New Jersey came over and sat with me and visited while her parents sat at another table. She was 4 and had been to WDW many times and shared her experiences with me. I had a great breakfast and loved that I didn't have to eat it alone.

BABYJOSIE98
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
:goodvibes First was a very nice man in the POR arcade. He was getting ready to head home and still had almost 400 points on his arcade card and gave it too my 9 year old DD since we had just arrived...:wizard: Needless too say it made her day!!:goodvibes She played on those for days.....

Then we were on our way back from Epcot for a mid day break and there was a pin trading event going on and 2 ladies on our bus had tons of pins and they saw DD admiring them....So one of the ladies said " You like my pins?"! Well Josie was YES!:rotfl: The lady said "PICK WHICH EVER PIN YOU WANT AND IT IS YOURS"! She was thrilled. I just thought that was so nice. That then inspired the bus driver too give Josie a rare cinderella pin that only cast members can give out!:goodvibes

It was my Birthday trip and it turned out too be just perfect...We had a ball. I think I have even turned my Mom into a Disney fan after this trip.

I am glad to be reading some nice things.

Michelle:flower3:

acourtwdw
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I loves these stories!! Keep them coming. Isn't amazing how the simpliest things can brighten your day? :lovestruc

One of our favorite things to do is to get lots of stickers from the DVC booths and give them to kids. One day in October a little girl had fallen down. She wasn't hurt, but surprised by the fall. We gave her 2 stickers and she stopped crying. It's fun and doesn't cost us a thing. Most CM's will give you as many stickers are you want. Once a CM gave us the end of a roll that had probably 100 stickers on it.

glitterkittyy
01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Everyone has inspired me to go out of my way to be kind. We're heading to DHS tomorrow and Epcot on Sunday. I plan to pay it forward and ignore the grumps. I have pins to give away to any child (or adult) I see not having the most magical day! :goodvibes

I love all the good stories! :love:

auntread
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Hooked me on Disney and got rid of complainer:goodvibes
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
That line made my day!!!

also want to add thanx to the OP for starting this thread. I am really enjoying it. we have also had people give us fast passes and other times we have given them away, which really gives you a good feeling!
Keep up the Disney Magic, folks, love to see and hear about it!:cloud9: :love: :hippie:

mistydoodles
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a nice experience to share. We were at our first MVMCP and managed to get a seat in the hub in front of the castle. There was a young couple just a head of us but other than that it was a good seat. My two girls, 5 and 8 at the time, had a hard time seeing though. We never said anything and just tried to enjoy the parade the best we could. The young couple gave their seats to my girls so they could see the floats easier. It wasn't something that we were expecting and it was so nice of them. It thanked them over and over again. It really made my daughters evening.

scammermom
01-04-2008, 01:21 PM
We were coming out of a bathroom at Epcot about 6pm when a lady came up and said her kids were acting rotten, would we like FPs to Soarin. We were very excited since my girls loved it. She handed me 6 FPs for after 8pm. We only have 4 in our group so I was excited about paying it forward. We went to the line at 8pm and looked around for 2 others who looked like they needed a FP. I saw this older couple holding hands (so cuuuute!) who were looking at the 120 minute wait sign and I offered them the passes. The woman hugged me. And we chatted all the way thru the short wait. It was nice that someone did that for us and I was able to do that for someone else.

Puccaw
01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
We gave fast passes to a couple of really nice teenage boys who were waiting in RRC line with us. Nice boys, mid teens, were polite, no vulgar lanuguage, they lit up when we gave them the FP's!

The nicest thing that was done for us was that a lovely lady offered to take my DD's autograph book to the line where her husband was standng with is DD waiting for Minnie b/c my DD's needed to use that BR so badly!! She got the autograph's and handed me back the book, she was sweet.

Simba's Mom
01-04-2008, 03:52 PM
On one trip I was with DM, who's in her mid-70s. I was so pleased with the how many chivalrous people offered their seat to her. One incident sticks out in my mind-not only did someone offer their seat to her, but someone nearby also stood up and told me, "Here, you should sit near her to keep her company." I was just so impressed with how many people were so kind. The only other time I can think of recently was when I was on one of my many solo trips at a character meal. The lady at the next table (who already had her hands full with 3 kids) sort of "adopted" me, always offering to take my picture with the characters, etc. She was so sweet and concerned.

newharmony
01-04-2008, 04:20 PM
We were at WDW last September. During our stay my DH celebrated his birthday and wore a pin on his birthday announcing it. We were on a bus to back to our resort and we stopped at TL. A little boy got on with his parents. You could see that the little guy was worn out from his day playing in the water. I kinda watched him...he was trying hard to stay awake! When we got to their stop, I saw the boy's dad whisper in his son's ear. The little boy came over to us and stood in front of my husband and said "Happy Birthday." It was the sweetest thing! It was like being in a Disney commercial. We loved it!

Joanna71985
01-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I love all these stories! I have one of my own (it's not big, but it was important to me). I was having lunch in CRT for my birthday last July. I had eaten there before (the previous 2 years, in fact) but last year was the first time I was there for my birthday alone. And being alone I had no one to take pictures with the princesses. Luckily I had help for the first 2 from the hostess, but then she wasn't there for the other 2. To the rescue came the lady sitting at the table next to mine. She helped me out with both pictures. And to top it off, when the hostess brought out the birthday treat she and her party (another lady and a little boy and a little girl- so cute) helped sing Happy Birthday. It was great. Then before I left, I told them Thank You. Well, the little girl told me Happy Birthday. Soooo cute!

Jenniww
01-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I miss understood when ordering discounted tickets online for Disney Quest. I thought I was ordering from a Disney website, AHH no I wasn't. My options were pay to have them sent to my house, get them delivered to resort (had to be there to sign for them), or pick them up at the Official Box office. I thought heck we will be there I will pick them up at the box office. I showed up at Disney Quests box office and was sadly mistaken. The Official box Office was the name of the company I bought the tickets from. Snazy name they had :rotfl2: I look back and laugh at my horrible mistake but at the time I was in tears.

It was our first trip to the world and we were celebrating my son's 13 birthday. This was my big surprise.... the lady at the window pulled up the website and told me the Official box office was a 20 minute cab ride away. I was so upset I was wasting our time, and money. It would have cost more for the cab then it would have had to have them delivered. I told her this was my mistake and I was just upset that this was my son's birthday surprise and my only planning mistake on our perfectly planned vacation. She was so nice she let all four of us in for free and told me to enjoy the rest of our trip, and to get my money back. She must have been a Mom. I told everyone when I got home about her and her outstanding customer service!

OB1
01-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm a clean freak, and I pick up trash & items all the time at my job (which is very service oriented). I do the same when at the parks - I pick up trash & debris any time I see it. Now granted, you don't see much trash, but it is there. I feel it helps the next person have a better experience and a chance to enjoy how perfect it can be. My wife always laughs at me and proclaims that we are off work, but its just me.

jess20k
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
A teenaged girl gave us two fast passes to EE, they ended up not being able to use them. So, they asked us if we wanted them...which of course we did.

donmil723
01-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow! What a heart-warming thread!

On our trip last October, DH and I ate at the Biergarten in Germany with three other very nice couples. One of the couples were on their honeymoon and had tickets to Cirque de Soleil that evening but decided not to go. They gave them to the other young couple at our table and left. That couple decided they didn't want to leave Epcot and offered it to us or the third couple at our table. Since the third couple had been to Cirque the night before they encouraged us to accept them. We did with heartfelt thanks! We had to rush though as the show was to start in about 90 minutes. We left Epcot and went to BC to catch a taxi and arrived just as they opened the doors. So if any of our tablemates that night read this, we really enjoyed seeing Cirque and THANK YOU SO MUCH for this magical beginning to our vacation!!!

Donna

CanadianGuy
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I was lucky enough to receive a ticket to "La Nouba" from another guest who had a member of their party unable to attend.

A CM had the ticket and offered it to me. I was lucky enough to sit beside the ladies who gave the ticket to the CM to offer to another guest. So I had a wonderful evening seeing the show and had the opportunity to the thanks the guests directly for their generosity.. They were so kind.

It was a WONDERFUL evening I'll never forget!

Thank you to Rosemary, the guest, who had the extra ticket in the first place, and to the CM who gave me the ticket -- you rock!

Knox

RIDisneyFan
01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I have a couple . . .

One time my DD6 fell and scraped her knee as we were leaving AK. I try to be well prepaired, but I had forgotten to put band-aids in my fanny pack. The CM told us the First Aid station was back in the middle of the park. We were right near the area where they search your bags as you're coming in to the park. I said "All I need is a Mom who has a band-aid." 3 women raised their hands and said they had one! :rotfl2:
And after I had washed off her knee and put on the band-aid a CM came over to see if she was okay. My DD noticed her green lanyard and asked if she could traid pins. The CM ended up just giving my DD a pin instead of trading for it. :goodvibes

Another time we were on our way to CRT and the wheelchair lift on the bus wouldn't work. We didn't have time to wait for another bus, so I made my DH (who can walk very short distances) get up and I lifted his wheelchair on the bus. The bus driver just stood there, but another guest got out of line to come help me.

And several times I have had gentlemen offer to give up their seats for me or my DD's.

OB1
01-05-2008, 07:14 AM
BUMP

This is a really neat thread and shows the true spirit of Disney

acourtwdw
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I love reading all the stories. Keep them coming :)

acourtwdw
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Bumping because I know that they are more great stories out there!

abirdd
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
We were celebrating our son's 1st birthday at Crystal Palace, and another couple was celebrating their anniversary right beside us. Needless to say, our little one was in love with Tigger at the time - and yelled "TIGGER" the minute he entered the section. The couple had such a good laugh, and pointed out that was what Disney magic meant to them - seeing the little ones head over heels. :wizard:

After their meal, the anniversary husband gave our son his first pin - and it's now part of a growing collection ;)

MightyMom
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
My DS(8) , with his beautiful red hair and contagious laugh, often attracts attention from strangers. Okay.... so his bright red wheelchair also draws attention.....

Anyway... people are particularly kind to him. Strangers go out of their way to help him and give him stuff all the time.

It's my little one, DS4, who often gets overlooked. It was a small act of kindness for the CM who gave me son a BAZILLION mickey stickers.... but for my baby it was awesome that for once HE got all the stickers and my older son got NOTHING. :rotfl:

In June 2006 we were waiting to see Spectromagic when the heavens opened up and it started POURING down rain. My little one was in his stroller with a rain canopy protecting him....... but my older son was stuck in his wheelchair with nothing covering him and we had nowhere to run. (Bad mommy was not prepared) A very generous woman took off her own poncho and covered my son. It was really such a tremendously kind thing to do.

deej696
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
During the late 80s and early 90's my dad used to play in the pro-am portion of the Disney Golf Classic. Back then, one of the perks of playing was that you got 6 badges that you wore that got you free unlimited entry into the parks for the week. Our last day there was always a Sunday, and the badges were still good for that day, so dad would stop at TTC and find a family to use them. I always thought dad was pretty cool for doing that...

Gubblebum
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
During our trip last year we had a couple of very nice things happen to us. First, on the first day of our trip, no sooner had we entered the Magic Kingdom and started walking down Main St., than a family on their way out of the park asked us if we would like the rest of their Dream Fastpasses. We thought that was extraordinarily nice of them, and likewise, at the end of the day, we passed the remaining unused tabs onto another family. When we won our own Dream Fastpasses at AK later in the week, we only used the tab for the Safari and gave the rest of our fastpasses to another family as we were leaving the park.

Also, in Epcot a nice lady offered to snap a picture of our family for us.

shelleybell
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
2003, after a vey long day at Epcot, without my cell phone, I came back to the room to a VM that my Mom had passed away. My Sis needed me to sign a few forms, so she faxed them to the front desk. While waiting in line, the lady in front of me overheard one of my phone conversations and held me until I could regain my composure. She offered many comforting words. Definately, the nicest thing at my worst time. I still miss you Mom!:angel:

Shelley

dbarker
01-07-2008, 09:56 PM
We always give away FPs and take pics of whole families and have received the same. Now, I will tell you something I did that made a big difference for a family. (don't laugh):rotfl2:

We were staying at AKL. One morning I went down to the food court (Mara) for a dring refill. I started talking to this lady. She was at WDW w/ her DD, DSIL and DGD. She mentioned that they were on the Dining Plan and would have to eat all their meals at Mara b/c her DSIL tried Boma and did not like it. (and he was kinda grumpy, too) I explained to her that they could eat at any restaurant owned by WDW, not just Mara. I also explained about the ADRs and that some places would be impossible to get into, but she could try. I told her some of our favorites that I knew she might could get into.

Well, that evening we were at WCC and who comes in a few moments after us? That's right the Lady from Mara and her family. We briefly spoke and went on. The next morning, I see her at Mara again and she thanks me over and over again for saving their vacation. :cloud9:

Who knew that sharing info would make someone's vacation a whole lot better? :wizard:

ILoveDisney&Cruising
01-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Who knew that sharing info would make someone's vacation a whole lot better? :wizard:

Ooooooo, but isn't that why we all come here? ;)

knw6883
01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
We asked lots of people to take our picture while we were on our honeymoon and no one said no - they were some of our best pictures. :) We received some CM pixie dust as well, but I can't recall anything else specific from another guest. We were there in August 2006 during free dining, and it was very hot and crowded and most guests didn't seem too particularly friendly toward each other. :)

We did also take pictures for those who asked, and also gave away our Fastpasses to Expedition Everest as we decided to leave the park for the day to a mom and son - they seemed really excited! :)

My husband and I also always offered up our seat on the bus to those who would otherwise have to stand and who looked like they needed it more than we did - a parent with a child, an elderly person, or someone who just looked like they had a rough day. Ironically, it was that particular act of kindness that left a bad taste in my mouth. One night leaving MK, a mom with a toddler got on the bus and all the seats were full. My husband immediately stood up and said, "Here, would you like my seat?" The woman didn't answer him, but just plopped right into the seat as though she was entitled to it and he shouldn't have been sitting there to begin with. No thank you, no smile, didn't even make eye contact with him, and in fact shoved her toddler off onto the floor. Someone else nearby even looked at me like, "Wow." We were tired too, so it affected me more than it should have, and I was so upset at someone not responding with common courtesy to something like that. It made me want to tell my husband to keep his seat in the future, but I know most people aren't like that and he'll always give it up anyway. It'd been a long day and it was all I could do to bite my tongue - I wanted to say, "You know, it's polite to thank someone who does something nice for you. Have a magical rest of your trip." :)

We're going back this mid-August, but I don't think free dining will be going on at that time, so I'm crossing my fingers for a little less crowded and lots of friendly/polite other guests. :) This is a great thread - after the thread about character dining, it's heartening to see so many people doing nice things for each other.

knw6883
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Oops - double post

knw6883
01-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Yikes - triple post. Sorry!

cyberbox2
01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
last summer my family was getting into position to watch Wishes. A family with three kids came and sat next to us. Just before the show stated the dad pulls out some glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets, which of course caught the attention of my two kids. The dad them proceeds to pull out one of each and gave them to both of my kids. That was just a nice jesture and I will never forget that and the way it made us feel.

#1 Pocahontas
01-08-2008, 12:36 AM
DD and I were heading back to our hotel from DTD. My dh and other dd had left earlier so he could put her to bed. So I had all the bags and a stoller. I thought I'd have no problem getting it all on the bus. WRONG! This nice man offered to carry my stroller on and off the bus for me. Probably no big deal to him but it made such a difference to me!!

All the kind people that offered me a seat when I has a small child with me. Also, many people are kind and help eachother down the steps when they are carrying a stroller off the bus.

We were in line for Snow White and Dopey. The Cm with them told us that they only had 1 more minute. As I was telling dd (2 at the time) that we probably wouldn't get to see her 2 young girls in front of us offered to let my dd go in front of them. They knew that meant they might not get to see Snow White and Dopey but they offered anyway. I thought that was very sweet of them. :) .....they did get to see them after all!

Miss Stitch
01-08-2008, 03:51 AM
I notice everyone is really pleased when someone give them fastpasses.

After reading on the Dis about the giving away of fastpasses, I thought I would do this as three of us in our party of five dont ride much. So, every ride my two DS went on I have three spare fastpasses. We were visiting for two weeks so there were plenty of them too.

I looked every time for 3 people going up to the standby lane. Most people I approached looked at my like I was mad, some obviously didnt realise what i was giving them and the people who did take them, although they did say thanks, didnt actually seem very pleased:confused3 Some even practically ran away from me.

My son 8 bought some Mickey ears, the kind that are on a headband. It was his last day and we were waiting at the Tikki Room and there was a little girl around five, she wasnt very happy, so my son gave her his ears to cheer her up (he did ask me first). The parents saw the girl being given the ears and didnt even say thank you to my son. To his credit, he didnt do it to earn brownie points, and wasnt bothered. But I thought it was quite rude, they were Americans and were speaking English, so it wasnt the language barrier.

These incidents have made me reluctant to do anything nice anymore. Maybe Ill only be nice to people in green shirts lol:rotfl:

Jenniww
01-08-2008, 06:42 AM
2003, after a vey long day at Epcot, without my cell phone, I came back to the room to a VM that my Mom had passed away. My Sis needed me to sign a few forms, so she faxed them to the front desk. While waiting in line, the lady in front of me overheard one of my phone conversations and held me until I could regain my composure. She offered many comforting words. Definately, the nicest thing at my worst time. I still miss you Mom!:angel:

Shelley

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: You story brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful lady standing there at the right time.

dairyqueenmom
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I absolutely love this thread!! I think if more people try and find the good and positive things that happen at Disney we can all ignore the insensitive jerks who make vacations a bummer.

I have given fast passes away many times, but the nicest things that people have done for my family is help us get on and off buses. We have 4 kids and trying to get all of them off safely and with all our stuff can be tough. Most rides there is always someone who helps out.

We have had some great experiences trading pins with CM's, they see how much our kids love to trade and many have given them an extra pin. I remember one CM who was very kind when my ADHD DS could not decide between two pins and he was becoming increasingly frustrated. He let him have both.

Lets keep this going!!!!

rhazz
01-08-2008, 08:51 AM
A couple of years ago DW and I brought our kids, then 6 & 4, to MK. After having been there for the entire day we attempted to find a spot for the EM parade. We were near the point of utter frustration and close to just giving up and leaving when a CM came up and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if we needed a spot for viewing the parade. After I whimpered yes, she led us to a bench on a roped off path between the castle and liberty square. It was as if we had a private parade all to ourselves. As each character passed directly in front of us they would pause and either wave and blow kisses right to our kids or they came over and gave them hugs. The four of just sat there the entire time with our mouths hanging open. Four years later and our kids still talk about it.

rhazz
01-08-2008, 08:53 AM
just realized op was asking about guests, not cm's. Well, it was still a great experience!

glitterkittyy
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
We were on a mission this weekend to share some Disney magic. :goodvibes

It didn't take long to find someone not having a magical day at DHS on Saturday, unfortunately. There was a young lady, probably mid-20s, who was crying and hiding her face. My daughters had just traded pins with a CM, who gave them some freebies (thanks again, Lynn!!). My youngest saw the lady crying, asked me if she could cross the street, and I said yes. She ran across, handed the lady a Tinkerbell pin, and told her "I hope you have a better day at Disney. Turn the frown upside down" then ran back to me. The young lady, looked at the pin, began to smile then waved like a mad woman at my daughter yelling thank yous across the street.

My oldest daughter also found a girl around 8 or so who was upset yesterday at Epcot. She was crying quietly, and we heard her dad say "I'm so sorry that happened to you" so even though we don't know what happened, my daughter told me she wanted to cheer up the little girl. Boy, did it work. She gave her a mickey pin and then we hopped on SSE. From the line, we looked back in time to see the girl, now all smiles, showing the pin to her flabbergasted mom while looking around to see where we had gone.

We were so happy to bring a smile to their faces. Disney is no place to cry! :)

We also gave away a few sets of fast passes. You'd be surprised how many people tell you no, they aren't interested in them at all. But the ones who did get them were very thankful to have them as FPs were gone for both Soarin' and TT!

earthfaries
01-08-2008, 09:09 AM
The year was 2000...we were on a road trip adventure that brought us to someplace we frequented as children, but haven't visited since we were little. It was my son's first trip to any Disney park...Disneyland:wizard:

He was 4 1/2 at the time btw.

It was getting late one evening in October and it was getting COLD! We usually are very prepared but the weather had been really hot the previous two days and we left our sweaters in the car and just wore our T-Shirts in the park for the day.

We just bought dinner at a CS and were sitting outside eating and my son was so cold. I don't remember too many details except he was cold and we were discussing going to the cars and getting his jacket, but gosh it was far!!!

Then a woman with a baby and a stroller standing a ways from us came over and said we could use her blanket. I was shocked and surprised and thankful all at the same time because it just so cold so quick and my baby was freezing and the car was so far away it would take a long time to get it:scared:

We thanked her profusely (she had other blankets btw) and used the blanket to wrap around my son.

When we were done we went to give it back and she said to keep it:goodvibes That he could have it to keep him warm! I cried it was so sweet! It was our first visit to DL in so long, and his first visit and it was so magical.

BTW, it wasn't a cheap blanket or anything, it was a really nice Ralph Lauren blanket that we have always kept and used on our other babies and told them the special story about that blanket from a wonderful stranger at DL:wizard:

***Honorable Mention...On our first visit ever to WDW, we were at MK outside the Splash Mtn. attraction in the kiddie play area I left my new digital camcorder. I realized a few minutes later and went back looking. It was gone :( I woman came over and asked if I was looking for this...and held up my camcorder bag! I was so blessed to have an honest person find it and return it. That is rare these days!!!

Markstudy
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
We went to MNSSHP this year in October..

I saw a little boy 5 or 6 years old. He was crying because he didn't like the costume his mom bought for him. ( Took me right back to when I was 6 and had the same kind of problems LOL "But mom! I wanted to be a Space Ranger!" LOL )

I had the exact same costume ( 12 sizes bigger ) ....so I kneeled down next to him and chatted with him for a few minutes, his mom took our photo!

The boy was very happy to see me, and we did some strong man poses and he
cheered right up.

His mom thanked us, and my wife and I felt really happy that we could help.

The boy left with a smile, and he looked so cute walking off like a solider. (our only regret was that my wife didn't get a photo, but I had the camera, and we didn't think of it)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/markstudy/Picture180.jpg

MickeyNicki
01-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Oct 06, we took our 2 nieces for their first trip ever and went to MNSSHP. The parade was just about to start and a nice older woman was sitting on the curb by Peco Bills and we were standing behind her, DH holding the 3 year old and me standing with the 9 year old. The lady noticed how excited the girls were and struck up a conversation with them, told everyone in her party to scooch down and make room for these 2 cute Minnie's (the girls had on their Minnie Mouse costumes) so they could get a great view of the parade.

When the parade was starting she made sure the CM's that were in the parade came over to the girls and when they were handing out the candy she made sure the girls were not forgotten. At the end of the parade she gave each girl a hug and said "thanks so much for sharing the parade with me!" and wanted a picture of her with the kids. She was such a super nice lady and the girls were so happy to have a front row of the parade!

Becky521
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
On our last trip we were at AK our second to last day. We knew it would be our only day in AK and were waiting for the last Lion King show. We were in line DH, DD19, DD13, a friend 14 and me. It was pouring. We all had ponchos except the friend. A very nice woman standing in line in front of us offered to share her umbrella with Nick. It was kind of funny because she didn't speak English well but was trying to have a conversation with him as we waited. He appreciated her umbrella and thanked her several times.

We tried to give fast passes away twice. I don't know if we picked people who didn't understand English or just didn't understand fast passes but they weren't happy to get them. As we walked away from one attraction, we turned around to see someone throw them away. Oh well.....we will still give them away when we don't use them.

dclick4968
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
My first trip to Disney World was in 1972...I was 4 years old. As we entered the Magic Kingdom under the train station, some random man asked if this was our first day here...I remember me Mom saying, yes it was. He proceeded to give us his ticket book with a few unused "tickets." He said that he wanted to give the tickets to someone with a child that was just starting their vacation.

Now to today....
We just returned from a 7 day trip the first of Dec. (wife, DS4, DD3). We're now planning a second trip next Dec. with our entire family (I have 4 siblings)....big trip to say the least! In a conversation with me Mom last night, I mentioned the above story to her...we hadn't discussed it since...at least that I could remember! She said "you remember that?!?!?!?!" Even at 4 I knew what a good deed was...of COURSE I remembered it. It was one of my first memories of Disney. Actually...the first was as we were driving up to the Contemporary for the first time, and driving under the monorail track, my Mom bursting into tears saying "Dean...it's so beautiful." Dean is my Dad.....

Good memories....that I got to share with my DD3 and DS4 last December (their first trip!). Nothing like experiencing Disney through the eyes of children! And to think....I was the same age on that trip as my son was this past trip....I hope he remembers cool things like that for his first trip!

distherapy
01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
What a wonderful thread! I have tears in my eyes from some of these beautiful stories...

mrsR123
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Several summers ago, my then four year old DS would not stop sitting and swinging on the chain barriers while we were waiting for a bus to leave the studios. Sure enough he fell backward and bonked his head. As I ran to him-- shouting an expletive, I'm sorry-- he started screaming his little head off and gushing blood. He had bitten his lip through and through upon falling.

Another family who was waiting came to our aid. The dad was an EMT from PA. He looked the boy over and said he looked okay. He was very soft spoken and calm which helped DS and me, too. THe mom had a washcloth and bottle of water in her bag which she immediately handed over for me to hold to the little guy's bleeding lip. They were so nice! I offered to pay for the washcloth or wash it and return it-- gotta love the washer and dryer in the villas at OKW-- but they wouldn't hear of it. They were just happy to help.

Avojeo
01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
We had our dinner brought for us at Coral Reef. We were there this last May, sitting next to two guys by the tank. We struck a conservation with them once they found out we were from NC. They were from CT. We talked most of our meal about Disney world and how much we enjoy it. One of the guys got up from the table and we continue to chat with the other guy. He came back and the other guy got up and they left. A few minutes later, our waiter came over to let us know that our meal had been taken care of by the two gentlemen. We were stunned by this news and could not believe it. Our waiter said he never has had that to happen. We spent the next few hours looking for them. We did eventually found them in Epcot and thank them profusely.

KYCruiseCrazy
01-11-2008, 07:56 PM
we meet a person who gave DW and I a child swap pass for EE. it was the coolest thing ever. we were just walking and a couple gave us the pass. so cool.

Orion34
01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
A guest gave us her spare Fastpasses while we were waiting in a HUGE line for TOT. She said she was waiting for a party she could tell was a couple (cuddles and hugs count for something ;) ).

CindyCharming
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I have to say, when we went in September there was not a time I or my husband got on a crowded bus with our 2 year old and weren't offered a seat by a kind person. Many times we declined but then people would help out by holding onto our stroller or smooshing together to make room for my 6 year old to sit down. They may have been little things but it was heartwarming, especially after reading so many horror stories around here. Along the same line, this wasn't a guest but one time when I boarded the bus with my daughter the bus driver took it upon himself to get on the mike and ask if someone would please give up a seat to "a lady and her baby". I felt a little silly, but I swear 5 people popped up and offered. :)

Another little, but very sweet, thing- when were eating at the Harbour House one day the people at the next table offered us their (sealed!) desserts because they were on the Dining Plan and tired of eating them. My daughter was very happy about that!

mickeymouse1017
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
My DD3 and I were on the small boat that runs between the WL, Cont, and FW. We got on at WL and before we got to the Cont, it began to pour. We were all changing sides to try our best to stay semi-dry. Then, it was off to FW. I struck up a conversation with an older man on the boat that said that his family had just put the grandkids down for a nap and he wanted to go check out FW in case he decided to drive his motorhome from Ohio one day. I was by myself with my DD, the umbrella stroller and the bookbag. I had an umbrella but couldn't possibly hold it also. Well this very nice man carried my DD (in a nice and secure way) to the umbrella that is on the docks. He asked where we were going (relatives motorhome) and ended up carrying her to the dock station so I could get the stroller open and get her covered up. I thanked him profusely and offered to give him my umbrella since we didn't have too far to go and my DD was covered with the umbrella on her stroller but he refused. He will never know how much this exhausted single mother appreciated that kind gesture. His grandkids are very fortunate to have him!

Dervis
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
It was the 2002/2003 new year where another guest did something really nice for my father. We were in Epcot on New Years Eve, and the crowd was unrealistically huge. My father is physically disabled, but walks with a cane rather than using a wheel chair, so the crowds for my family present a few more problems than normal. Anyway, while we were being shoved to the side, a very loud Scottish man began yelling "Out of the way! Coming through!" and after he cleared a decent path, said very politely "right this way sir.." and lead my father and I through the crowd. :goodvibes

tecdavidt
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Last New Year's Eve '07 we had three fast passes that we couldn't use for Soarin' due to a ADR. We looked around and handed gave the FP's away. The family thanked us and were surprised. Then in July we sat through a DVC presentation and received immediate three FP's for each us us. Well, we used 2 rides worth and had one ride left for three. We gave it away because we had to go back and pack to go home. This past New Year's trip the crowds were crazy after New Year's!!! We were in Animal Kingdom and FP were sold out for EE. A nice woman walked up and asked us if we would like her FP's because they rode the ride and were going to leave--it was cold that day--47! The saying is so true, What goes around comes around. Kathy

gower525
01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I took dd2 and ds5 (at the time) to the Beauty and the Beast show at MGM. We got there right before it started and had seats in the back. I held DD in my lap to see, but couldn't possibly hold DS also. A very nice lady beside me offered to hold him in her lap so that he could see. She held him the entire show!

chris&adrimom
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
We were at the MVMCP sitting on the curb waiting for the parade to start, when the CM with all the balloons came by. My 4yr old DS wanted one so badly. We asked the CM how much, and she replied $10.00. We were able to scrounge up $10 and told my DS that he would have to share the balloon with his 16month old DS, since we didn't have another $10.00 to buy my daughter one. (I already knew this was gonna be a disaster, knowing they would both want to play with it at the same time). Right at that moment just like magic, a dad leaving the park with his family gave my daughter a balloon, saying that he had bought it for his daughter earlier that day, but was flying out in the moring and wouldn't be able to take it with them. The look on my little one's face was priceless as she got her own balloon and didn't have to land up sharing with her brother. We passed the magic on to another guest at our resort on the morning we were flying out and gave a couple of little ones our two balloons! The look on thier little faces PRICELESS.

eeyore29
01-12-2008, 06:58 AM
On our last trip we got in line for BTMRR and when we were in the last section of the line (the down ramps) they shut it down. We all received a fastpass that could be used on any ride and it was valid for a week. The next morning we headed straight for BTMRR because it's one of our favorites. It wasn't crowded yet so we were able to ride 3 times without getting off. After the 3rd round there were people waiting to get on so we exited the ride only to be greeted by the Dream Team and we all won Dream Fastpasses! I was so giddy! And then after we walked out of the exit, Mickey walked past us. I gotta say, I had goosebumps! It couldn't get anymore Disney than those few moments right there!

Until...a few days later we saw a woman in AK who had a Dream Fast Pass, and we stopped her to say "Congratulations," find out how she won hers, and to share our story with her. We chatted for a minute or two and parted ways. Two minutes later she returned to us with 2 AK Dream Fastpasses and said we could have them! She was with her DH and 2 toddlers and said they couldn't really use them since their kiddies were so small and couldn't go on most of the Fastpass rides. [Queue the goosebumps again!] We must've thanked her 100 times!

And people always ask, "You're going to Disney World AGAIN?" and "Even though you don't have kids, you like it that much?" And here's the reason I give those nay-sayers: Not only do the cast-members go out of their way to make sure you have the most magical day, but it also inspires the guests to "pay it forward" too. We live about 10 minutes away from a fairly substantial-sized theme park, and I know we'd *NEVER* get treatment and service like we do at Walt Disney World. So let the nay-sayers stay away and we'll enjoy our magical days!

:goodvibes

Tinker-Bee
01-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Last October, after a late night at MNSSHP, we were on a very full bus going to CBR. DS5 and I were standing. I was able to hold on to the bar for support but DS5 had nothing to hold on to but me. There was an older gentlemen standing right next to us and every time the bus would turn DS5 would fall into him (he was so tired he could barely stand). I apologized to the man for DS5 stepping on him. He was very kind and positioned himself to help catch DS5 and said he can step on me all he wants.

On another trip, during christmas, DS8 was asking to see Fantasmic because "Mom we have never seen it." I was explaining that I had not booked the dinner package and the line was probably already too long to get into the show. A very nice lady heard our conversation and asked how many were in our party. I told her four. She then handed me four passes to Fantasmic and said Merry Christmas. DS8 still remembers her kindness and talks about it to this day.

cornish pixie
01-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Love all of these stories.. Im such a softy and can hardly read for blurry eyes!!
It just goes to show that the littlest of things mean the most.
We have always tried to pass things on Last August my 2 daughters were in the bibbity bobbty boutique and struck up a conversation with another family.
They asked where my daughter had got her tinkerbelle jibitz on her crocs from.
We said that we had got it in the U.k. They couldn't find one anywhere they had said so my 9 year old decided she wanted to give it to the little girl.
I was so proud of her and the little girl and her family were so thankful.
Reading lot's of these stories I think were not doing to badly with our children , if they see us being kind and thoughtful it obviously rubs off.
Heres to it continuing
Cornish pixie:goodvibes :goodvibes

blossombrd
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I love this thread!! Here's my story.

Last September my DH and I got on a raft at Kali River Rapids with 4 other people. Two Japanese girls, who spoke little English were on the raft, and DH was teasing them saying they were going to get wet and they laughed and giggled through the whole ride. They got drenched and we barely got wet. We had a lot of laughs with them. We decided to go on again and they weren't going to go but as we got closer to the front of the line, we discovered they were right behind us. We looked at each other and they just giggled and laughed, and of course DH said we have to get on the same raft again and he was joking with them the whole ride. We could tell DH really made it special for them.

The next day the same girls were on our bus from Pop Century to MK and they looked at my DH and started cracking up. When we got to the MK they came up to me and gave me an illuminated Tinkerbell pin about 4 inches tall, and said "a present for you". I thanked them and told them I love Tink and they smiled and nodded. Many people commented on my pin all week and asked me where I got it. We were at Japan in Epcot and one of the CM's asked me where I got the pin. I told her a nice girl gave it to me, and she told me, "That came from Tokyo Disney. You can't get it here!" I really felt special! That trip was more special and magical for us because of that pin! We will probably never go to Tokyo Disney, but I feel like I already have!

llmurphy17
01-13-2008, 12:56 AM
We were on the bus with three young children, 2 strollers, and bags. This one couple felt so bad for us since 2 of our kids were screaming that she offered to hold our strollers so we could comfort our children better. I couldn't believe how nice she was. The group she was with also gave my husband their seats since he had my youngest son. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

mythreesonz
01-13-2008, 08:21 AM
We were in MK yesterday. My son who will be 8 next weekend has just expressed the pin trading. So we were talking to a cm about how it is done. A nice older man was standing there looking at the pins also. When I said his birthday is next sunday the man let him take one of his pins to start him off as a birthday present.

OB1
01-13-2008, 12:45 PM
What a fantastic story. Great to hear that those of us without kids can still experience the magic. It so neat to hear how special the smallest gestures can make your day.

On our last trip we got in line for BTMRR and when we were in the last section of the line (the down ramps) they shut it down. We all received a fastpass that could be used on any ride and it was valid for a week. The next morning we headed straight for BTMRR because it's one of our favorites. It wasn't crowded yet so we were able to ride 3 times without getting off. After the 3rd round there were people waiting to get on so we exited the ride only to be greeted by the Dream Team and we all won Dream Fastpasses! I was so giddy! And then after we walked out of the exit, Mickey walked past us. I gotta say, I had goosebumps! It couldn't get anymore Disney than those few moments right there!

Until...a few days later we saw a woman in AK who had a Dream Fast Pass, and we stopped her to say "Congratulations," find out how she won hers, and to share our story with her. We chatted for a minute or two and parted ways. Two minutes later she returned to us with 2 AK Dream Fastpasses and said we could have them! She was with her DH and 2 toddlers and said they couldn't really use them since their kiddies were so small and couldn't go on most of the Fastpass rides. [Queue the goosebumps again!] We must've thanked her 100 times!

And people always ask, "You're going to Disney World AGAIN?" and "Even though you don't have kids, you like it that much?" And here's the reason I give those nay-sayers: Not only do the cast-members go out of their way to make sure you have the most magical day, but it also inspires the guests to "pay it forward" too. We live about 10 minutes away from a fairly substantial-sized theme park, and I know we'd *NEVER* get treatment and service like we do at Walt Disney World. So let the nay-sayers stay away and we'll enjoy our magical days!

:goodvibes

coneeny4
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM
nobody has ever gaven me something but i have gave a family fastpasses for Tower Of Terror.:goodvibes

TotalSnowWhite
01-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Great thread!!

rlk
01-13-2008, 03:08 PM
This happen on my family's first trip to WDW. We were eating at Donald's breakfasaurous and celebrating my youngest son's 3rd birthday. A Japanese Tokyo Disneyland. Even though he didv't understand pin trading, love his Mickey Mouse pin. We were really touched by her kindness.

enyaj40
01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
when my mom, dad, sister, and i went to the mk in '72, they had the actual ticket books

i don't remember anything else specific, except that we were in fantasyland near the teacup ride and we only had one ticket left and a lady gave us another one so me and my sister could ride

i'm pretty sure it was this trip/experience which was the beginning of my obsession

SlightlyGoofy
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
I have received many kindnesses when at DW and have done my best to return the favor to others. It is what really makes the experience so great. Memories!!! :thumbsup2

Now, we need to transfer the Disney mentality to our everyday world. Granted it might take a bit longer to catch on cause the folks who go to DW often are already in the 'zone' but bit by bit, we can change the world. Just do not let the occasional disappointments get you down, keep on smiling and giving!!:wizard:

Ever notice that we sometimes strike up conversations with folks who look a whole lot different than we do at DW cause we know we have something in common? Bet if we took a chance in our regular lives we would find the same thing, the vast majority of the time and just think of how much smarter we will be for expanding our horizons. :grouphug:

Slightly Goofy

acourtwdw
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
nobody has ever gaven me something but i have gave a family fastpasses for Tower Of Terror.:goodvibes

I wish I was going the same time as you and I would do something for you:goodvibes

angipoo
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
We were at World of Disney and we were admiring a Pirate pin on this woman's lanyard (we collect pirate pins) and she just gave it to me! Took her and her husband's pic for my scrapbook. Very nice!

angipoo
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM

Ok, got to ask - where is the worst behavior thread?

acourtwdw
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
It is a thread I came across a few weeks ago that people were posting bad manners and behaviors of other guests. It was kind of depressing. So I was hoping that this thread would counter balance all the negative comments. I am so glad that people are posting their stories. :lovestruc

IndyDisneyFan
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Several times we have been handed fast passes for rides while we were getting ready to get into the line. I have done the same thing for others if we are leaving before it is time to use them. I love seeing the looks on people's faces!

Laura

puddleduck
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
One moment that sticks out the most for me is from our first trip. Our boys were 5yo, 3yo and 2yo. At night we would all be so tired and the bus to CSR would be so crowded. We got on the bus one night and saw that one of us would have to stand. I could manage to hold the two youngest, but there was no way that I could hold our oldest also. Before we even had time to think about a wonderful woman noticed our dilemma and offered to hold our oldest in her lap. She held him the hold trip and he was so tired he fell asleep. I was so thankful, and often think of kind it was for her to offer.

odc146
01-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I just loved reading this thread. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope when my family and I go this July we can do some small favor to bring some extra magic to someones day. NOTHING makes you feel better then doing something exexptected for someone.

pjynx
01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
We had gotten spots on a sidewalk to watch one of the parades one day. We were standing behind another family, so dd (5) couldn't see real well. The mom of the family turned and saw dd standing there, and she insisted that dd stand in front of her to see better.

Something I did for others: I buy a large quantity of glow sticks on ebay (I can usually get 100 (or maybe 200? I don't remember) for $20, which includes shipping. They arrive in in 4 packs of 25 each. So each night that we stay for fireworks, I bring a pack and just start handing them out to kids (and to any adults that ask me for them) :rotfl:

dburg30
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
We had gotten spots on a sidewalk to watch one of the parades one day. We were standing behind another family, so dd (5) couldn't see real well. The mom of the family turned and saw dd standing there, and she insisted that dd stand in front of her to see better.

I let smaller kids in front of me both nights I was at the MK for wishes. I was just looking around and looked behind me and down, and there were some younger kids standing there.. my wife and myself move apart and invited them to stand in front of us. Which they did after their parents told them it was ok to stand in front of us.. Watching them get to really see the fireworks made my day.

The best thing that happened to us was we had just arrived at epcot, were giddy with excitement, were totally lost ;), but we headed toward where soarin is. Well, I was heading over to the FP machine to get FP's (this was 12/8 and at noon the FP's were already hitting after 6pm) so I'm trying to make sure I put the ticket in correctly etc, when a lady walks up and stops me. (At first I was thinking 'Great, already someone rude') but she asks how many I have, and I said just 2 of us, and she hands me FP's that someone had given her that were good in like 45 minutes :)

Now THAT was a great way to start our first WDW park visit :)

momma leaps
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
We were in Epcot in December of 2006. My husband and I were in line in Morocco getting some lunch. My mother in law was watching my dd's 6 & 10 at the time. She was sitting at a table with them at the Tangerine Cafe.... All of a sudden I hear a cry that I never want to hear again as long as I live. It was my 6 year old. She had slipped backwards and hit her head. There was soooo much blood all over the place I could barely see her hair. I scooped her up and ran to the closest bathroom. Her shirt was drenched in blood .

I brought her into the ladies room and began to wash her head so I could see where she had cut herself. There were two young ladies in the restroom that day that were talking to my daughter trying to calm her down while I kept examining her head to look for the cut. They were so sweet ! I remember thinking thank you for talking to my little girl as her head is bleeding !!! I cry just thinking about that !!

One ran to get an EMT or whatever they are called. My daughter had a small tiny cut on her head but you would have never known it with the amount of blood that was there. The two girls went on their way. I thanked them but I swear I wish I could have hugged them. The EMT examined my daughter and she turned out to be just fine - just traumatized !! My nerves were pretty shot for the rest of the day. But I'll never forget the kindness of those two girls.

JodyLynC
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
:dumbo: :sulley: :figment: :goofy:

acourtwdw
01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
:dumbo: :sulley: :figment: :goofy:

Thanks for the bump :)

letthewookiewin
01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
We were given fastpasses on our first trip with our DS's by someone who didn't need their's.
The nicest thing, in my opinion though, happened on our last trip. We were at MNSSHP and I had riden Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I was dressed as the Blue Fairy, and in a matron of honor dress that went to the ground. When I went to get out of the car, I stepped on the dress and went straight on my rear back into the car. A nice man dressed as Willy Wonka, offered me his hand, and helped me out of the car.

Super
01-19-2008, 10:20 PM
A smile from someone in the park is enough =)

BethanyF
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
My ds loves to play carnival games like the ones at AK, Boardwalk, etc. Except he usually doesnt like the prizes, and he wins quite often.
He hangs on to whatever he wins and looks for someone to give it to. He's given them to crying kids, toddlers, kids in wheelchairs, etc. He tells me it makes him feel good to give things to people.
I would like to take credit for him doing this, but he thought it up on his own and has been doing it for a few years already. :love: I love seeing how happy it makes him....happier than actually winning something.

shellybelly72
01-20-2008, 05:56 AM
My littlest DD was 3 at the time and she and her older brother were walking ahead of us into a building in Animal Kingdom... She tried to run away from him and he quickly grabbed her hand.. In the process she must of twisted her body to try and make a break for it....gotta love 3 years olds!

The end result was a crying 3 year old who sprained her wrist and elbow..
So while we were sitting on a bench waiting for help, a stranger came up to see what was wrong- and see if she was ok.. He gave her a pooh pin off his bag, rumblyinmytumbly pin to be exact and she calmed down immediately-
she still carries her pin with her..

JodyLynC
01-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Bumping Again!

It is okay to toot your own horn as well.

:mickeyjum :hmghost: :tigger: :stitch:

iluvflorida
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Bumping Again!

It is okay to toot your own horn as well.

:mickeyjum :hmghost: :tigger: :stitch:

If it is OK to toot my horn, I found wallet with over $200 (didn't count) with a lot of credit cards and ID. Also in it was an electronic resort key that I realized was same resort as we were staying at, so put wallet in pocket and on returning to resort had them call his room (from ID) and left message. He met me at resort pool. Should have seen his face when after identifing himself handed him his wallet. Turned out he had all his ID in it and was worried he would not be able to board plane to go home. It made his day and mine too but I am sure he was worried for a while.

Alphabetsoup
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
On our honeymoon, we were having a great night at Epcot (despite a complete downpour and ridiculous humidity). We tried for fastpasses for ToT but missed out and figured we wouldn't be able to ride as standby was over an hour and a half (and I've got a bladder the size of a thimble)....

As we were walking away a family came out of the ride and gave us their fastpasses as they couldn't stay for the rest of the evening.

That made our night!

Disneywoz
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
My ds loves to play carnival games like the ones at AK, Boardwalk, etc. Except he usually doesnt like the prizes, and he wins quite often.
He hangs on to whatever he wins and looks for someone to give it to. He's given them to crying kids, toddlers, kids in wheelchairs, etc. He tells me it makes him feel good to give things to people.
I would like to take credit for him doing this, but he thought it up on his own and has been doing it for a few years already. :love: I love seeing how happy it makes him....happier than actually winning something.

This made me remember a very generous act and it may have been your son. DD loves to play the games at AK (Mastadon Race, where you roll the balls and make the mastadon move across the board) and wants me to play so she can win something, (way too much stress). Anyway, we lost to a young man and my daughter was disappointed, but the young man came over and offered her the stuffed animal. I thought that was so nice of him and DW and I talk about him on every trip since then. Anyway, DD says no because she wants to win one. She was crying so I didn't want to get into being a gracious loser and apprecaiting the gesture (although we did talk about it later). So we thanked him for his offer but said no. Then we won the next round.

If this was your son, thank him again for his offer. If not, then let me just say he deserves credit for being a fine young man and you deserve credit for raising him.

d-man's mom
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Someone walked up to us and gave us their FP's for the Rockin Rollercoaster on Sunday. They were leaving and weren't going to wait the 20min for the FP time.

Our FP's were 2+hrs later, so I took the two and gave ours to a couple of kids over by the FP machines (which were already closed for the day). :)

BethanyF
01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
This made me remember a very generous act and it may have been your son. ...snip....

If this was your son, thank him again for his offer. If not, then let me just say he deserves credit for being a fine young man and you deserve credit for raising him.

If it was around spring break in either 2004 or 2006, it could have been Sam.

Thanks for the compliment...I am very proud of him.

rosiep
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
My favorite memory:

About three years ago my daughter and I were waiting on line behind an older woman and a young family. It was obvious that the woman had gone through great pains to dress nicely and her appearance was impeccable. I just had to tap her on the shoulder and tell her how very nice she looked. She stared at me for a quick moment and thanked me profusely. She then proceeded to tell me that her husband had just died and that she hesitated to come on the family trip without him. Of course it had always been him to tell her how nice she looked and she said my stopping to tell her was as if he was reminding her from heaven. Of course we both had tears in our eyes and exchanged hugs.

Now you may think this is a story of ME doing something nice for someone..but it is the opposite. That woman sharing her story with me, hugging me..left me with the greatest sense of happiness and thankfulness that day. My daughter and I were awed that somehow we were in the right place at the right time and given just the right words to say.

TeddyToo
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Our trip in August was FILLED with wonderful guest experiences:goodvibes :flower3: from adding us to their party to get good seats to wonderful recommendations. The best probably was deciding to wait 60 minutes to ride Soarin and having another family that 2 family members changed their minds and didn't want to use their fast passes hand them to us to get on right then without a wait. It had been a very hot day and Soarin was our favorite ride, I can't thank them enough:worship:

JodyLynC
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
My favorite memory:

About three years ago my daughter and I were waiting on line behind an older woman and a young family. It was obvious that the woman had gone through great pains to dress nicely and her appearance was impeccable. I just had to tap her on the shoulder and tell her how very nice she looked. She stared at me for a quick moment and thanked me profusely. She then proceeded to tell me that her husband had just died and that she hesitated to come on the family trip without him. Of course it had always been him to tell her how nice she looked and she said my stopping to tell her was as if he was reminding her from heaven. Of course we both had tears in our eyes and exchanged hugs.

Now you may think this is a story of ME doing something nice for someone..but it is the opposite. That woman sharing her story with me, hugging me..left me with the greatest sense of happiness and thankfulness that day. My daughter and I were awed that somehow we were in the right place at the right time and given just the right words to say.

:sad:

Atotty
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
1st trip...someone turned in the camera bag with our camera and all of our lenses that dh had left at Country Bears

Recieved FPs from people last June (we always do this when we have leftovers...it was *very* nice to see how good it makes someone else feel when we were the recievers...now we know we're making other people's trips special)

Last trip a little girl about the same age as my youngest dd gave her a very pretty Belle balloon. It was made out of those long, skinny balloons that clowns use to make dogs, flowers, etc. But it was a complete, really cute one of Belle (brown hair, skin tone face, red rose, yellow dress). It was very nice of the girl to do it. It was her last day at WDW and she wanted someone else to enjoy her special treat.

acourtwdw
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I love these stories!
Thanks to everyone for sharing. Keep them coming:)

douglisa
01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
We had waited in line 45 minutes for the flying dumbo ride. We were just about to board when my son said he had to go potty. The CM let me take him then let him go on w/out waiting in line. That was 13 yrs ago and it really stands out in my memory.

JPS439
01-23-2008, 02:18 AM
I notice everyone is really pleased when someone give them fastpasses.

After reading on the Dis about the giving away of fastpasses, I thought I would do this as three of us in our party of five dont ride much. So, every ride my two DS went on I have three spare fastpasses. We were visiting for two weeks so there were plenty of them too.

I looked every time for 3 people going up to the standby lane. Most people I approached looked at my like I was mad, some obviously didnt realise what i was giving them and the people who did take them, although they did say thanks, didnt actually seem very pleased:confused3 Some even practically ran away from me.

:

I had the same thing happen to me! I couldn't use my instant fastpasses that I recieved after attending a DVC tour so I wanted to give them away. I saw a couple right by where you get your bags checked before going into the MK, asked if they were going into the park and they said NO and looked at me oddly. I stopped another couple getting off of a bus to offer them the passes and they looked at me like I was going to mug them! After a brief explaination I got an "um, thankyou?" and they were on their way... :confused3

wendy darling
01-23-2008, 03:08 AM
I know this is supposed not be cm's helping, but I need to share this story- about a year ago my mom and I were heading toward the MK off the monorail and my mom starting getting really tired and it was hurting her to walk- (she had cancer a few years ago and ever since she had her chemo and radiation she has very little energy) well we walked about half way and she started crying because she was hurting so much- I ran to the security guard and asked her where the nearest place was to rent a wheel chair was... she was starting to give me directions when she saw my mom limping towards us...out of nowhere she gets a wheelchair and lets us through the gate, I offered to pay for the rental and she said don't worry about that... I offered to open my purse (as we would not be going though bag check) and she said "I trust you, have a magical day" At this point my mom is crying because she hates to ask for help and was embarrsed that I stopped to ask for help for her...the security guard said please don't be embaressed, we all need help...

On a positive note my mom says that I was not a very good driver... LOL, she kept thinking I was going to run everyone over..In my defense I never did run anyone over...

I will never forget that ever...

acourtwdw
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I am bumping this because I know that there are more stories out there!:)

gypsydoodlebug
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
A lovely gentleman and his wife struck up a conversation with DD4 last September on the monorail. He gave her a gorgeous pin of Sleeping Beauty as we were leaving, saying it was a "princess for a princess." We bought her a lanyard and a few more pins while we were there, but I'll never forget the kindness he showed her. Brought tears to my eyes.

wardfamily1
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
GREAT THREAD! Subscribing.

seobaina
01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Ours was actually at Disneyland California not WDW. We were sat waiting for the parade when a harassed looking mother and DD came up behind us at the last minute. Although the DD of 5 could easily see over the top of us my friend and I looked at each other and without saying a word we squashed up to make room for them. The problem was that they didn't speak any English, so they weren't sure what we were doing. However, after a few moments we managed to explain why we'd moved and a very grateful mother sat down with her DD. The thing is, I think that we actually got the most out of the simple act because all through the parade we were able to share in their excitement and we even managed to have a 'conversation' with both the mum and DD, despite the lack of a common language.

acourtwdw
02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Bumpity, bump

bettyann29
02-07-2008, 01:10 AM
noones ever done anything nice for me.. but I have done several things.. One time me and DH gave our Fastpasses for Expedition Everest to 2 people that were just entering the parks.. it happened to be the time that they could ride it.. I wasnt feeling well and just wanted to leave so I wanted to give them away.. all the fp were already gone for the day..

We just got back from WDW this past weekend.. we were in line for autographs/pictures behind the castle with the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella and a little girl behind us and her mom were talking and her Mickey pen had just broke and her mom couldnt find a pen.. I reached into my backpack and gave her a fat Tinkerbell pen that I had and told her that she could keep it.. You should have seen that little girls eyes light up.. That was enough for me.. :goodvibes

bettyann29
02-07-2008, 01:19 AM
something I just thought of.. One night last week when we were coming back from one of the parks we ended up being one of the last ones on so we had to stand.. it was me, DD10, DH who was holding DGD and the folded up stroller in his other hand.... A woman on the bus offered her seat to DH.. He of course refused as he wouldnt take the seat from a woman, but when we were getting off we noticed she was pregnant! WOW.. Just Wow.. he had no idea she was pregnant, but just for her to offer her seat to him makes you feel good..:goodvibes

rockstargeisha
02-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Tooting my own horn here:

On my boyfriend and I's last trip we were relaxing in the AKL lobby when we overheard a couple talking to a cast member about his pins. The CM told the couple he could trade one of his pins for one of theirs but the woman didn't have any. MY DBF and I started heading down to dinner when I told him to stop. I walked up to the woman and asked her which pin she liked. She pointed to a topiary pin (can't remember exactly) and I proceeded to trade a pin of mine with the CM and gave the topiary pin to the woman. She and her mate were so thankful.

Also I am so appreciative of those people that say "excuse me" or offer up seats on the buses. It's a simple gesture that means a lot.

BabyPiglet
02-07-2008, 02:26 AM
This wasn't at a park but...

At POP Century after a long day of park touring we were sitting enjoying the pool and talking to the people around us. Well there was this little girl (7 or so) and she was just so adorable and out-going. She was giving us all a quiz about manners and all kinds of cute stuff! When her mom took her off to the food court she says "I'll be back and you guys better be ready for my next quiz" or something like that. How adorable!

Anyways, she didn't physically do anything for me (like give me a FP, etc) but she just really lightened my heart and the hearts around me. I love to see little kids enjoying Disney.

Donald&Tinkerbell
02-07-2008, 10:58 AM
:cool1: DH & I were behind 2 young mothers, each w/a toddler & one w/a baby for Festival of the Lion King for the 1:00 show. One had a handfull of Magical Fastpasses in her hand. She asked how our day had been, and I said great, but I see your's was really good. She explained that they were local & tried to come once a week during this time of year. Then she offered us 2 of the Magical Fastpasses!. Said they couldn't use them because the kids were too small. We thanked them profusely. I was going back to the room to lay down after the FOLK, but that changed my mind! It was great. We did the Safari again, Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur. Had a great afternoon!

momof3girls6712
02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I have to toot my daughter (12) and her friends(11) thoughtfulness from our trip last week.

We were waiting outside Norway for the princess breakfast. The girls keep noticing how cute all the younger kids were dressed up for their princess breakfast. They asked if they could go over to the kids and get their autographs. They had so much fun they continued it for the whole trip. I think the little kids autographs were their favorites the whole trip. One of the families took their picture and said they would email it to the girls. I hope they do because they check their email everyday.

Another moment was the girls gave away their FS to TOT and Peter Pan when we decided not to use them. They always gave away some of the extra glow in the dark necklaces I had packed.

It really makes you feel good when your kids show you they are growing up to be thoughtful, kind, and caring.

Cameo
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Another case where we were the ones doing the nice things -
We've given FP to people when we weren't going to use them.

My kids love to take the glow necklaces or bracelets along when we do the nighttime activities and share them with other kids around us.

Someone once walked up to me at MK and asked where I purchased the Disney button I was wearing (in the days before pins). I had purchased it at a store in my hometown. He gave me $20 and asked if I would get him one when I got back home. (I knew the store had several more.) I ended up getting him 2 buttons when I got back home and sent them to him. We became pen-pal friends with this couple and even met them once again at WDW for lunch. Time passed and we lost touch, but it was so nice to do something nice and earn a friendship from it.

I'm definitely of the Pay It Forward philosophy. This makes me think - It would be great to see just how many nice things we could do for people while we're there on our next trip. Maybe we can be our own dream squad!

iwynlea
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
At the 1/26 Pirate & Princess party, DH and I were in line waiting to do the photo in front of Cinderella's carriage. There's a topiary there of Cinderella and her prince dancing, and so DH and I thought it would be fun to mimic the pose. it took a couple of tries, because of our bags and such, but we finally got it. We were laughing at ourselves as we lowered our arms, when the guy behind us said, "wait, wait, let me get a photo!" he took a couple of shots and then got our email address to mail them to us. Sure enough, a few days later, we got the photos. What a nice thing for him to do for us -- and now I think I'll try to pay it forward by doing the same in the future for other families!!

mommytomy3
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
We always give fastpasses that we cant use to someone.. once we had a babyswap to RNRC that we weren't going to be using, and we saw a father/daughter excited to ride RNRC, but then they saw the wait time, and were obviously bummed that they couldnt wait and ride it,and were turning back, we gave them our baby swap and they were so happy! that felt good

Figment&Piglet
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
On two different occasions we purchased the Fantasmic dinner package, hoping our DD would get up the courage to see the show again (she'd seen it once but thought it was scary). When she didn't, we didn't force her. Instead, we looked for other families of 3 coming in the front gates for the show, and gave the dinner package tickets to them. We explained it was for special seating at Fantasmic, that they didn't have to wait in line, and to show up at the Oscar's entrance. Both look sort of mystified, but I hope they used them and enjoyed them!

Tomh
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Many thanks to the OP for this great thread! I hope during our upcoming first family trip to Disney this August, we are able to make someones trip a little more special as well.

ILoveDisney&Cruising
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
We were waiting outside Norway for the princess breakfast. The girls keep noticing how cute all the younger kids were dressed up for their princess breakfast. They asked if they could go over to the kids and get their autographs. They had so much fun they continued it for the whole trip. I think the little kids autographs were their favorites the whole trip.

Awwww, that is just so cool!! :thumbsup2

ms*mountaineer
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
The morning we were checking out, DH had the girls at the pool. Someone gave the girls 2 identical (this is key!) Mickey Mouse balloons! We assume that the family giving away the balloons was headed for the airport and couldn't take the balloons with them. But I hadn't purchased balloons for the girls while we were there (cuz I'm cheap!) - but it was SOO nice that someone just gave us the balloons. My girls were tickled.

I didn't see who it was - but I wish I could give them a BIG HUG!

(We were also headed to the airport 2 days later - we deflated the balloons and brought them home!)

acourtwdw
02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Last week, I was wearing the birthday pin (which you can get at GR at any park) and several guests wished me happy bday. :)