PDA

View Full Version : Nikki & Rob's PJ: Wishes Vow Renewal 6/29/09 *Update* I may cancel!

Desnik
01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
I am so excited to be posting a PJ!!! I have to thank all of you for all the great info on this board. I hope my vow renewal PJ will help those planning. So lets start with how we met!

We met in Oct. of 1993. I was going into The Gap at the local mall(I had just moved into the area with my parents, I was turning 18) for an interview and DH was working at the entrance as the greeter. I took one look at him and told my mother that is the man I am going to marry! It was so weird, I just knew. He was so handsome and he had me at "hello, welcome to The Gap"!!!:lovestruc We started dating on Feb. 6th 1994. He moved into my parents house(he had a horrible childhood, really tough and was living in his car! My parents let him live in the downstairs bedroom, they loved him the minute they met him too!) after about a month of us dating. Everyone in the family was skeptical and it was a really big problem for a lot of people. I didn't care. We got our own place after about a year. For the first 2 years of our relationship things were tough. We had a rocky relationship but we worked things out. We were in love and knew we would be together forever.

The proposal
Could you believe I forgot the exact date!:rotfl: I know it was the beginning of Jan. 1997. We were at my cousin's daughters first bday party and he was suppose to propose there.(everyone knew but me!) He chickened out because there were a lot of people there. That night we got home late, it was about 11pm and we were changing to get ready to go eat at a diner. I was sitting on our bed changing my shoes and he comes over to me on one knee and pulls out a box. I thought he was joking and was telling him to stop and hurry up and get changed because I was hungry!!LOL Well he opened the box and there was the ring! He told me how much he loved me and asked me to be his wife. I was so happy, surprised and excited. My parents threw us a fabulous engagement party with all our family and friends. The even hired professional singers to sing our favorite love songs! Then we started to plan our wedding.

The First Wedding
We were planning a big wedding. We picked a date(June 1998) went to a whole bunch of venues, did tastings, I tried dresses, etc, etc... Well, on June 18th 1997 I found out I was pregnant! We really weren't trying NOT to have a baby so even though it was a surprise, we knew it could happen and we were so excited. Everyone else, not so much! My dad told us to get married right away and we did a month later. We married on July 21st 1997 at the courthouse with 25 of our closest family members and friends. It was at 9am, I was throwing up, it was 100 degrees and we had no plans for a honeymoon! I had no dress, I started showing right away. I actually wore a black and floral baby doll dress. We all went out to breakfast afterwards and DH and I drove down to WDW. We had no plan. We didn't book anything! We ended up at a Best Western in Orlando. We went to MGM, MK, and Epcot and also went to Universal. I was so sick and even threw up at the parks. It wasn't the ideal honeymoon but that was OK. We were just happy to be married!

Our family today consists of Myself(32) and DH(35), DD(9 turning 10 the end of this month!) and DS(4), and 2 babies in heaven. Oh, I can't forget our doggie ToTo(she's a Yorkie)

I'll post pictures as soon as DH scans them into the computer for me. I didn't have a digital camera back then! Oh gosh I don't even think they were out yet, I'm old!

I'll start posting my plans soon.

lurkyloo
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
he had me at "hello, welcome to The Gap"!!!:lovestruc

:rotfl: HIGH-larious!

Welcome! :flower3: I'm old too! :lmao:

lov2b@disney
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Welcome! Glad you will be able to have the special day you dreamed of.

Looking forward to hear your plans!:goodvibes:

myprincessgirlisa
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
welcome & congrats on the upcoming VR!!!!

it sounds like you & DH deserve a do over wedding so this couldnt be MORE perfect!!

cant wait to hear all the details!!

mcarthur205
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi there! We're planning a VR for 2009 too, can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Oh, and I bet I'm older than you LOL! :rotfl2:

Desnik
01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks everyone! Well, the scanner isn't working so for now I don't have any pics of us from the old days.:rolleyes:

The Vow Renewal
DH and I have always dreamed of a wedding at WDW since our honeymoon there! We knew that some day we would make it a reality. So, last year we celebrated 10 years and we really wanted that to be the time we did the vow renewal. Well, obviously that didn't work out! About 2 and a half years ago we got into a really bad car accident. We were all in the car together and we flipped several times on a highway doing 60mph. It was a freak accident where a tractor trailor that was traveling on the other side of the highway crossed over the median and into my lane as I was driving. We almost died. Thankfully my kids were not injured but DH and I were. That accident really changed our lives. It also hurt us financially. We suffered mentally as well and it has been a long road to recovery. Last year things were looking up and we found out we were having another baby. Then I miscarried when I was 4 months along and that devastated our family.(it was our second loss) 2 months later DH needed to have surgery related to our accident. It has been tough few years but we are getting through it. We really can't think of a better way to celebrate our life together that to have a vow renewal at WDW.

We couldn't do it this year because we are taking my younger sister to Europe for her 16th B-day. She is like our kid and we are taking our kids and it is a big expense and a lot to plan so I couldn't do the VR in the same year. I should add I am a compulsive planner and a bit of a control freak!:rolleyes1

We started planning a small Escape Vow Renewal with maybe 18 people and just doing the Illuminations dessert party afterwards. We really didn't think too many people would go all the way to WDW and we didn't want to burden them with the expense. Well, as soon as news traveled around my family that we were planning this they all want to come! They just asked for enough advanced notice and they will be there. This really warmed my heart and we are really excited. So, DH then says well now we have to have a big party and really do a wedding. He's like a girl and has wanted a big wedding even more than me!LOL Oh, he's gonna kill me for saying that!!

Plans so far.....
Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion
Reception: ???
Illuminations Dessert Party
Date: ???

We will have about 50 people. I plan on wearing a wedding dress since I didn't get to the first time. I haven't found "the one" yet but I know sort of what I'm looking for. Nothing too fancy or big. I like simple and classy yet I want it to look like a wedding dress! We won't have a bridal party, just our kids standing with us. DH really wants to get the Cinderella Coach so who am I to say no!LOL;) We love the look of the American Adventure Rotunda at Epcot. We don't have enough people for the space. We really have to take a trip to see the sites because we are unsure from the pictures. As for entertainment we would love to have a string quartet, but we love a good party and would love a DJ! I like the idea of a theme wedding and we are leaning towards a Cinderella/Castle theme, but not using the actual characters faces. I really just want that fairytale feel and I want to be the princess for a day! I have so many questions and so many things running threw my head! I think it's time to start a list! I'm big on lists!LOL

Desnik
01-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi there! We're planning a VR for 2009 too, can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Oh, and I bet I'm older than you LOL! :rotfl2:

I think I felt old as soon as I had my DD!LOL I guess kids have a way of doing that to ya! Congrats on your VR! I'll have to read up on your plans.

PrincessBride010103
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
The First Wedding
We were planning a big wedding. We picked a date(June 1998) went to a whole bunch of venues, did tastings, I tried dresses, etc, etc... Well, on June 18th 1997 I found out I was pregnant! We really weren't trying NOT to have a baby so even though it was a surprise, we knew it could happen and we were so excited. Everyone else, not so much! My dad told us to get married right away and we did a month later. We married on July 21st 1997 at the courthouse with 25 of our closest family members and friends. It was at 9am, I was throwing up, it was 100 degrees and we had no plans for a honeymoon! I had no dress, I started showing right away. I actually wore a black and floral baby doll dress. We all went out to breakfast afterwards and DH and I drove down to WDW. We had no plan. We didn't book anything! We ended up at a Best Western in Orlando. We went to MGM, MK, and Epcot and also went to Universal. I was so sick and even threw up at the parks. It wasn't the ideal honeymoon but that was OK. We were just happy to be married!

Our family today consists of Myself(32) and DH(35), DD(9 turning 10 the end of this month!) and DS(4), and 2 babies in heaven. Oh, I can't forget our doggie ToTo(she's a Yorkie)

I'll post pictures as soon as DH scans them into the computer for me. I didn't have a digital camera back then! Oh gosh I don't even think they were out yet, I'm old!

I'll start posting my plans soon.

i love :lovestruc your story. as you already know we have lots in common. cant wait to see all your plans!

padisneyfour
01-05-2008, 08:00 AM
welcome we are planning a vr for our 20th in 2010, so I am considered old too. Look forward to reading your plans

Desnik
01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes!!
I thought I'd add some pics. This was the picture we used for this years Xmas card. It is from WDW in Nov. 2007.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aecb41db5300000025100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Desnik
01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Here are some pics we took of the WP while we were killing time around the GF waiting to eat dinner. We don't have any inside shots, sorry. We did get lucky and saw Cindy's coach! DH was playing with the camera and used the mode to make the pic look aged, that explains this first photo:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aea22e1aa000000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here it is in color:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2141a9a00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here's the WP:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2059bbb00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aea20c1a8200000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df24b3127cceb3aea2081a8600000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Desnik
01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I have been thinking about all the logistics of the wedding day. Things like where will I get dressed, where will we stay the night of the VR, who will watch our kids over night(my mom probably). Also, things like will I pay for the rooms of my parents and MIL? We are DVC members and I wonder if I book rooms using points, will they use those nights towards the amount of nights I have to guarantee them? I still haven't figured out a date. I'm trying to pick something that will be good for everyone and taking kids school vacations into account. I'm so confused! There are so many little details my head is spinning already!LOL:upsidedow

Desnik
01-06-2008, 09:48 AM
As for dates I am strongly leaning towards the end of June. Particularly June 29th. It's a Monday so the minimum is $10,000. Also it is right after the kids finish school, 3 days after DH's Bday, and it will give us the weekend before to allow guests to arrive without taking more days off from work. I am now thinking about who do I walk down the aisle with? I just realized we will have a rehearsal so I need to plan a small dinner with just 16 of us. My guest list is now at about 51 but I am thinking close to 40 will definitely show up. After looking at pics I am really liking the GF White Hall room. I also like that we could go there without having to provide extra transportation for everyone. Also, we love the GF and I would love to have all our pics taken there. I am thinking about timing too. We don't want to have the ceremony too early. I also want to allow enough time to do the Illuminations dessert party after the reception. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

caryndisneydiva
01-06-2008, 09:51 AM
your dvc rooms will count towards your block!

momofbride010103
01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
WOW!!!! love your story....... It brought tears to my eyes. Have a great time planning :cutie:

Desnik
01-07-2008, 08:43 AM
WOW!!!! love your story....... It brought tears to my eyes. Have a great time planning :cutie:

Thanks! I am having a ball planning and DH is so into it too! He sits here with me and looks at the pics and menus! I love that man!!:lovestruc

Desnik
01-07-2008, 08:44 AM
your dvc rooms will count towards your block!

That is so great!! Thanks for the info!

zalansky
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Love your journal! You also have a beautiful family!

I will definitely follow along since I can actually start to plan our 10 year VR now too. (2010) ;)

Keep the pics coming, its my favorite part.

keenercam
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Nikki -- I love your PJ!! I was on the community board all the time right after your accident and kept your family in my prayers. I remember thinking how life-changing that had to have been and I prayed that your family came through it whole. I am so happy for you that you are planning a vow renewal. It really is an affirmation, isn't it?

Looking forward to reading along with you and hearing all about the planning. You'll have yours about 6 months before ours, so I am hoping you won't mind if I read voraciously and ask a gazillion questions! ;)

oneyodafan
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to add my congrats on your VR! I look forward to reading about your plans as you move along!

oneyodafan
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to add my congrats on your VR! I look forward to reading about your plans as you move along!

Desnik
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM

Thanks!!

Love your journal! You also have a beautiful family!

I will definitely follow along since I can actually start to plan our 10 year VR now too. (2010) ;)

Keep the pics coming, its my favorite part.

Aww, thank you! I'll try to get more pics up!!

Desnik
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Nikki -- I love your PJ!! I was on the community board all the time right after your accident and kept your family in my prayers. I remember thinking how life-changing that had to have been and I prayed that your family came through it whole. I am so happy for you that you are planning a vow renewal. It really is an affirmation, isn't it?

Looking forward to reading along with you and hearing all about the planning. You'll have yours about 6 months before ours, so I am hoping you won't mind if I read voraciously and ask a gazillion questions! ;)

That really means so much to me to hear we were in your prayers. Thank you so much! Everyone on these boards was so kind during that difficult time.

As for the VR, you can ask me all the questions you want!!

Desnik
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
We have a date! Monday June 29th, 2009!! We are almost positive we want the GF White Hall room. We will not have a DJ and are leaning towards the string quartet for the reception. We want it to be a fairy tale theme and haven't chosen colors but we have plenty of time for that! DH and I will walk down the aisle together and our kids will walk down together before us. DS will be holding our rings. We plan on buying new ones for each other.
So, DH finally fixed the scanner so here are a few pics:

Here is a pic of us on the night DH proposed.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df28b3127cceb4105dc14cac00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here is a pic of us at our engagement party.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df28b3127cceb4105db6cdeb00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here is a pic of us on our wedding day.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df28b3127cceb4105db0cded00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Desnik
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, and DH and I just figured out that it was Jan 11th 1997 when he proposed.

Desnik
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone! I just thought I'd post a few updates.

Last night I was with my mom, grandmother, and 2 sisters and I finally got to talk with them about all our plans for the VR. They are really excited and supportive which is great! My mom and I did get into a bit of an argument because she said she really wants to pay for my dress. She says she didn't get a chance to do it for me and she would like to have that chance now. Personally I feel like I am an adult and it is not appropriate for her to pay for my dress. I appreciate it but we really want to do this all on our own. There is also the fact that my parents just paid for my older sisters 2nd wedding and I don't like the fact that she(my mom) will be able to hold this over me. My parents are both famous for helping you out but then rubbing it in your face for years after! I love them both but DH and I never ask for financial help from them so why start now? We really don't need it either. Anyway, I also was talking with my older sister so she knew way ahead of time what we were planning and she would have plenty of time to save. She has 3 kids so I know it will be a big expense for her. I know she wouldn't miss it but I feel bad for the expense. My mom and I just stopped talking about the dress but she told me she really wants to go with me when I start looking for one.

Now I have another issue that's been looming over this occasion. My parents have been divorced for about 5 years. They both have significant others but, long story short, my moms boyfriend WAS my dads best friend for over 25 years! So as you might guess this has caused numerous problems, fights and total chaos in the past. My dad won't get over it(can't say I blame him, but it has been 5 years) and it has caused us all problems. I have to do 2 parties for every occasion, we have to always pick sides or they just leave their significant others home. They have no problem being around each other and get along well and they are still doing a great job raising my 15 year old sister, but this is such a big issue. At my sisters wedding the boyfriend and girlfriend were simply not invited. My dads girlfriend was really upset, they had a huge fight which put my dad in a bad mood. That led to him and my mom fighting the whole time. Normally I really wouldn't care about their issues, but the thing is I really like my dads girlfriend. Her and I have developed a really good relationship. Her and I are a lot a like and have so much in common. Especially our love for Disney. I know more that anyone she would so love to be there to experience it all and see me and DH renew our vows. She has a great relationship with DH and our kids. Frankly I can't imagine her not being there! After our car accident she helped us so much.(she works for the Dr. we used) My mothers boyfriend I really have nothing in common with and I could take him or leave him, but he loves my mother and he has also been wonderful to us. When my DS was an infant and hospitalized numerous times he was always the first one at the hospital. My point is these 2 people have been involved in our lives and I really don't think it's fair to exclude them. DH says to just invite them and let my parents sort it out. My father has clearly stated if he sees this man he will kill him. I know it's an ego thing and a betrayal my dad can't forgive, not even for me. I just don't know how to handle this.

On to a lighter topic and if you are still reading this thanks for putting up with my ramble!! I have found 2 dresses I love and wanted to post pics of them and get opinions.

I really like this one but I'm not so sure I want to go strapless.
http://images.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_front/J/J1127.jpg

This one is my favorite so far. You have to go to this website to see it and type in style # 3807
http://www.palomablanca.com/

I'd love to hear opinions. I am nervous to go to bridal shops and see the price tags on them!:scared1:

I am also toying with the idea to use a reddish orange color scheme. Not as light as coral, but in that range maybe a little deeper color. I think it would go well with an ivory gown, my DD will look great in that color and I think the flowers will look great in that color too. Here's a pic of the color, not the dress I imagine at all but at least you can see the color I'm thinking of!
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=24155361-34f9-4d51-a0ed-74c040592122&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=1
I would love opinions of that color with an ivory/cream color for a June wedding.

Now we really want the string quartet to play at the reception, but I'm not sure if it will be too boring for my guests to just sit there and eat(we plan on a 3 hour reception, plated dinner)with the music in the background. Should I have a dance floor and encourage dancing?(we want the string quartet to play all our favorite Disney songs and love songs) Should we arrange for something like a character to stop by, or a caricature artist, or is there anything else? I would love any ideas!

mcarthur205
01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi there! Just catching up on your plans, it sounds like you're getting things underway! Congratulations on picking your date, we're kind of up in the air about that just now. Originally we were going for early April 2009 but a few things have changed in the last couple of weeks and we may have to postpone until late June ourselves. You never know, we may be at WDW at the same time LOL!

I think you're right about paying for your own dress. That way the decision is yours and ONLY yours, no-one else gets to say what you should wear. Opinions and feedback are good, but the final decision is yours. As far as the family issues are concerned, it sounds to me like its your father who is the main problem. You should be able to have who you want at your VR but you also want to be sure there won't be any trouble on the day. Would your father's girlfriend be able to influence him in any way? Could you both perhaps find a way to make him see how important it is that EVERYONE gets to attend your VR and make it really special?

Both those wedding dresses are beautiful but I think the Paloma Blanca dress is GORGEOUS :love: Also, I think the orange would go perfectly with an ivory wedding dress for a June wedding.

I'm not sure what to suggest about your reception, we're having an Escape. I like the idea of the cariacature artist though, sounds like fun!

Desnik
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi there! Just catching up on your plans, it sounds like you're getting things underway! Congratulations on picking your date, we're kind of up in the air about that just now. Originally we were going for early April 2009 but a few things have changed in the last couple of weeks and we may have to postpone until late June ourselves. You never know, we may be at WDW at the same time LOL!

I think you're right about paying for your own dress. That way the decision is yours and ONLY yours, no-one else gets to say what you should wear. Opinions and feedback are good, but the final decision is yours. As far as the family issues are concerned, it sounds to me like its your father who is the main problem. You should be able to have who you want at your VR but you also want to be sure there won't be any trouble on the day. Would your father's girlfriend be able to influence him in any way? Could you both perhaps find a way to make him see how important it is that EVERYONE gets to attend your VR and make it really special?

Both those wedding dresses are beautiful but I think the Paloma Blanca dress is GORGEOUS :love: Also, I think the orange would go perfectly with an ivory wedding dress for a June wedding.

I'm not sure what to suggest about your reception, we're having an Escape. I like the idea of the cariacature artist though, sounds like fun!

That would be so cool if we had our VR's around the same time!! Thanks for the family advise! I will be buying my own dress but I will let my mom come along. She is crazy in a good way when it comes to shopping. She will drive everyone nuts, but she means well,LOL. My DH talked with my dads girlfriend and she said under no circumstances is she missing this! She has made my dad aware of that and he hasn't said much about it yet. My mom said she would tell her boyfriend not to come to keep the peace. I don't think that's fair. We'll see what happens.

As for the dress. I keep looking in magazines and none come close to that Paloma Blanca dress for me. I just think it's perfect!:lovestruc Luckily there is a bridal shop 20 minutes from me that sells her dresses. I just have to find out if they have that particular one. I can't wait to go try on dresses!! I'll try to be good and wait till the summer.

roozlilone
01-18-2008, 07:42 PM
As for dates I am strongly leaning towards the end of June. Particularly June 29th. It's a Monday so the minimum is $10,000. Also it is right after the kids finish school, 3 days after DH's Bday, and it will give us the weekend before to allow guests to arrive without taking more days off from work. I am now thinking about who do I walk down the aisle with? I just realized we will have a rehearsal so I need to plan a small dinner with just 16 of us. My guest list is now at about 51 but I am thinking close to 40 will definitely show up. After looking at pics I am really liking the GF White Hall room. I also like that we could go there without having to provide extra transportation for everyone. Also, we love the GF and I would love to have all our pics taken there. I am thinking about timing too. We don't want to have the ceremony too early. I also want to allow enough time to do the Illuminations dessert party after the reception. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Congrats on your upcoming VR!! Love your story, very touching...I'm so jealous ;) , we are planning a VR for July 2008, but only an escape VR :sad1: wish I had enough money for a wishes VR! I can relate to alot of the same problems, questions, concerns that you have. It's totally different the second time around, but fun all at the same time. Coordinating the day with the transportation and everything seems like the hardest thing for me....our wedding planner told us a 2:30 ceremony is good if you are trying to do a dinner/reception after followed by a illuminations dessert party. So that's why we chose the 2:30 time. As far as who should walk you down the aisle, I was wondering the same thing! :goodvibes I hoping my brother who just came back from Iraq will be my escort since he was only 6 years old at our first wedding. But have you thought about walking down the aisle with your kids? That was my second choice, if my brother can't come.

Oh, the dress you picked is stunning!!! Don't think twice about the cost, get it!!! :love:

Can't wait to read more....

padisneyfour
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I love the dress.... your plans sound great. we are planning just for an escape VR but I look forward to reading all your plans, I think the color will be beautiful have fun planning I look forward to reading more...

Lisella
01-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Yay for another 09 bride!

Just caught up on your PJ. Everything sounds great so far. Love the dress, you should get it if you love it (and can find a way).

I just might be in Disney on 6/29/09. It all depends on when the dance studio decides to take the group down for the Magic Music Days trip. We did it the last week of June in 06 and are planning on returning in 09...more than likely the last week of June again. Maybe we can stalk your wedding (j/k)

Happy planning :flower3:

Keira1387
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I used to work at The Gap! I still to this day "perfect fold" everything in my closet(old habits die hard):rotfl: Anyways,welcome to the board!I love the dress its beautiful! I can't wait to hear all of your plans!

Desnik
01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I used to work at The Gap! I still to this day "perfect fold" everything in my closet(old habits die hard):rotfl: Anyways,welcome to the board!I love dress its beautiful! I can't wait to hear all of your plans!

:lmao: DH and I still perfect fold everything too!! Some things just stick with you. Thanks for the welcome. I so love the dress too!!;)

Desnik
01-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Yay for another 09 bride!

Just caught up on your PJ. Everything sounds great so far. Love the dress, you should get it if you love it (and can find a way).

I just might be in Disney on 6/29/09. It all depends on when the dance studio decides to take the group down for the Magic Music Days trip. We did it the last week of June in 06 and are planning on returning in 09...more than likely the last week of June again. Maybe we can stalk your wedding (j/k)

Happy planning :flower3:

Stalkers are welcome!!! That would be so cool and I would love to meet a fellow DIS'er!! I hope I can find the dress in my area, I really love it.

Desnik
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I love the dress.... your plans sound great. we are planning just for an escape VR but I look forward to reading all your plans, I think the color will be beautiful have fun planning I look forward to reading more...

Thanks!! I hope the color will be good, I think it will.

Congrats on your upcoming VR!! Love your story, very touching...I'm so jealous ;) , we are planning a VR for July 2008, but only an escape VR :sad1: wish I had enough money for a wishes VR! I can relate to alot of the same problems, questions, concerns that you have. It's totally different the second time around, but fun all at the same time. Coordinating the day with the transportation and everything seems like the hardest thing for me....our wedding planner told us a 2:30 ceremony is good if you are trying to do a dinner/reception after followed by a illuminations dessert party. So that's why we chose the 2:30 time. As far as who should walk you down the aisle, I was wondering the same thing! :goodvibes I hoping my brother who just came back from Iraq will be my escort since he was only 6 years old at our first wedding. But have you thought about walking down the aisle with your kids? That was my second choice, if my brother can't come.

Oh, the dress you picked is stunning!!! Don't think twice about the cost, get it!!! :love:

Can't wait to read more....

Thanks! Congrats on your VR too! I was reading your plans too! I think the 2:30 time will be great for us too. how sweet that is that your brother will walk you down the aisle! DH is now saying he wants us to walk down the aisle together. We'll see. I'm so glad everyone seems to like the dress I picked! I can't wait to try it on!!

scarlett873
01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Congrats on your VR!! The plans so far sound lovely...

DH doesn't know it yet, but I really want to do a VR at Disney for our 10th (2012)! We got married in 2002 in a small chapel in Kissimmee. It was just the two of us, no friends or family...and it was perfect for us, at the time. I've always wanted the DFTW, but just couldn't afford it at the time. We don't have a lot of family that we associate with...long story...but my family would be there as would a few good friends. We have to wait until our adoption is complete though. That is our number one priority! So hopefully our adoption will be done by 2012 (if China would hurry along the referral process that is) and give us enough time to save some money and plan a magical VR!! I don't want to start a PJ yet as it won't be for several more years, but it's really hard not to!

Many congrats and I can't wait to follow this JOYOUS celebration! I remember your accident and remember thinking how horrific and hoped that you and your family would be able to heal...i'm thrilled to see that you have!

Desnik
01-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Congrats on your VR!! The plans so far sound lovely...

DH doesn't know it yet, but I really want to do a VR at Disney for our 10th (2012)! We got married in 2002 in a small chapel in Kissimmee. It was just the two of us, no friends or family...and it was perfect for us, at the time. I've always wanted the DFTW, but just couldn't afford it at the time. We don't have a lot of family that we associate with...long story...but my family would be there as would a few good friends. We have to wait until our adoption is complete though. That is our number one priority! So hopefully our adoption will be done by 2012 (if China would hurry along the referral process that is) and give us enough time to save some money and plan a magical VR!! I don't want to start a PJ yet as it won't be for several more years, but it's really hard not to!

Many congrats and I can't wait to follow this JOYOUS celebration! I remember your accident and remember thinking how horrific and hoped that you and your family would be able to heal...i'm thrilled to see that you have!

Thanks! Good luck on your adoption, that sounds so exciting!! I hope you can have a VR at WDW too. So far I am having so much fun planning. I couldn't wait to start a PJ even though I have a long time to go. It does really help to put all my thoughts somewhere. I can't believe how many here on these boards remember our accident and have wished us well. It is so great to be apart of a community like this.

Desnik
01-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Well today I have been thinking about this VR! I really should be planning for 2 trips we have coming up, but I just can't get into them! I am obsessed with planning for my Disney Wedding!!!:cloud9:
We are going to Hilton Head Island in April and in July we are going to London, and Paris!! The London/Paris trip is for my DH, myself and 2 kids and we will be joined by my mom and younger sister. We are celebrating my sisters sweet 16. I am suppose to be planning this all out and my head hurts every time I try!LOL It's easier planning my VR!

Anyway, enough about that. My mother and boyfriend are being the "bigger people" and have said that he will not attend the VR. They don't want any trouble with my dad and feel it's better this way. If my dad and his GF leave the day after the VR, then my mom's BF will fly out to spend a couple of days with all of us. My immediate family plans on staying for a few days so we can do some things together. I'm really excited about that. But now that means more things to plan! Maybe I'll make a ADR for a character dinner for us all.

I think I will give a call to DFTW tomorrow because I have read other 2009 brides calling and getting info already and I feel like a slacker!

I have been thinking about having kids at the wedding. I know my children will be there. I also want my sisters 3 kids and DH's brother will bring his baby(his wife and him are expecting this May!!) I'm just not sure about my other guests. If I do allow for kids that would be about 9 of them. If I choose not to have them, do I or should I arrange for babysitting, or do I leave that to the parents?(4 of them would be under 3 years old) I just think a VR at WDW why shouldn't I invite the kids? Then again I'm sure some of the parents wouldn't mind a break from their kids!LOL;)

So far my list is 56 people(not including those 9 kids I'm debating on) Including DH and I and our kids, we know of 36 definite. Those are the people that already told us(when I told them the date) they will be there
no matter what! I love how they are all so excited about it.

I am going to look into extending the DP for an extra 30 minutes. I think that one hour is not enough time.

I am so tempted to go look at dresses!!! I am trying to stop myself from going to the bridal shop!! I drove by it the other day just to make sure I knew exactly where it was!!LOL:lmao: My mother thinks I should buy my dress in Orlando so I don't have to go through the trouble of bringing it down on the plane. How many fittings do you usually have? I'm not sure if I want to have to go down there 4 times before the wedding. Then again I think that would allow me some trials of hairdressers and make up artists and time to meet with photographers and videographers. What do you all think?

Desnik
01-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I thought I would share a few photos.
This picture is of my engagement ring. I really am not a jewelry person so I told DH when the time came not to get me an elaborate engagement ring. He(with the help of my mom) did the sweetest thing. For my parents 10 year wedding anniversary my dad had bought my mom a diamond pendant necklace. She hardly wore it so she gave it to DH to have made into a ring for me. The diamond was used for the ring and the necklace was used to make a bracelet. It is so special to me. I'm not sure of the size, but it is a small stone.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df09b3127cceb57be8acf54900000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

For our wedding he had a band made to match it:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df09b3127cceb57be941340c00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

3 years ago my grandmother passed away and left me her engagement ring. She had Alhemizers disease but before she got really sick she divided up all her jewelry to her grandkids. She wanted me to have her engagement ring because she said I needed something bigger!LOL:lmao: She knew I'm not into big flashy stuff but wanted me to have it. It is so beautiful and if I were to design a ring this would be exactly how I would've wanted it! It is over 50 years old and is so special to me.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df09b3127cceb57be9beb5c300000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

DH had a band made to match it for me as a Christmas present one year:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df09b3127cceb57be93cb54100000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here is a pic of the rings together:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8df09b3127cceb57be9e2b59f00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg
I really love them, but.....

DH wants to buy me a new ring. I have always wanted the past, present, future anniversary ring by De Beers.(the 3 stone ring) I still like it but now I'm a little more into this then I was the first time around and really want a nice ring!LOL;) So the search is on!

Desnik
01-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I like this ring:
http://www.debeers.com/content/ebiz/debeers/invt/j1bm09v10p/j1bm09v10p_l.jpg

Starr W.
01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Desnik, ask your planner about the options you have for having some sort of babysitting/kids party during your reception. I saw some of the options under the resource tab in the Wish Book.

Desnik
01-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Desnik, ask your planner about the options you have for having some sort of babysitting/kids party during your reception. I saw some of the options under the resource tab in the Wish Book.

Thanks! I never even saw that resource tab on there!!!

Desnik
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I had an idea of something to do for the reception! Not sure if it can be done, but I would love to have a video montage of our life together. I wonder if it would be possible to have a tv/dvd player set up in the reception room and we could have a video made up(at home) of pictures and video clips of important events in our lives together. Nothing too long, and something that can be played repeatedly during the reception. Maybe we could have it on a table somewhere but I wouldn't force people to sit there and watch it, just have it being played. What do you all think of that idea?

I originally had a budget of $10,000 for the whole VR. Well, that looks like it will be doubled!:rolleyes1 DH thinks I'm so funny because I really am trying to stick to a budget, but keep getting ideas of things I want to include. Actually, he's worse than me! The price tag of Cindy's coach is killing me but he insists on it!

I have made a few decisions on some things. I know I want to stay at the GF the entire time we are in WDW. The thought of changing rooms or resorts during the week we are there is just not gonna work for me. Especially since we will be with our 2 kids. We will stay at the GF from June 25th to July 2nd. We will all get ready in the room together and my mom will just take the kids for the night of our VR. Since we will stay at the GF I am going to use that resort for my deluxe resort choice for the room block. That way we can(hopefully?)take advantage of a discount there. Then we will have POR and ASMo as the other 2 resorts. The guests staying at the GF can just walk to the ceremony/reception and the charter bus will only have to go to 2 resorts. I will use my DVC points to get studios for my parents(dad and GF in one room, my mom, younger sister and grandmother in one room and MIL with her GF and DH's grandmother in another room) for 3 nights. I will then use the limo to pick them up from their resorts(SSR and BWV, my parents have to be in seperate resorts:rolleyes: )

I will also try to get as many pics taken at the GF before the ceremony so we can spend the cocktail hour with our guests. I don't want to miss a thing!!

Desnik
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
My daughter Destiny is 10 years old today!!!:bday: party:
Now I really feel old! Where did the time go???? My baby is double digits!!

roozlilone
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
My daughter Destiny is 10 years old today!!!:bday: party:
Now I really feel old! Where did the time go???? My baby is double digits!!

Happy Birthday, Destiny!!! princess:

My daughter, Kaitlyn, turned 10 in June (10 going on 20)! I know about feeling old!! :goodvibes

Desnik
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Well after much debate, DH and I decided that this year is the year we will move from our house and head back to the county we use to live in. He travels 65 miles each way and it takes about an hour and a half each way in rush hour traffic for him to get to work. On Fridays it takes an average of 3 hours because the traffic is so bad(in Manhattan) He simply can't take it anymore.(he has done it for 8 years now) Now is a good time to move because the house prices have dropped and the interest rates are down, so back to Rockland County we go! I must say I am not excited about it. I love my town, my home and the schools. We will have better schools where we are going, and we will be closer to our families, but it's not the same. I will be sad to leave but my DH is more important. I had also mentioned our big trip in July to London/Paris and our small trip(5 days) to Hilton Head Island in April. I'm just sitting here wondering if I can handle all this major stuff at once! I have about a year and 4 months to plan the VR which should be OK. I guess I just need some encouragement that I can get through it all!!LOL

padisneyfour
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I think you can, there are so many wonderful ideas here to share and info to use ..... I know you can

Starr W.
02-01-2008, 02:45 PM
You'll do just fine! Your a DVC member, you know all about planning!:)

Desnik
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
You'll do just fine! Your a DVC member, you know all about planning!:)

That's very true! I feel like I have lists all over the place!!LOL I try to be super organized but planning this Europe trip for 6 people is stressing me. There is so much involved.

I think you can, there are so many wonderful ideas here to share and info to use ..... I know you can

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Desnik
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
DH and I have been busy working on the newsletters and invitations today!! He's going to help and thank goodness cause I am not crafty or artistic in any way!!LOL Here's the best picture I can get of the newsletter, sorry you can't really read it!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc24b3127cceb5dba39d0ee000000055110AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Here is what the parts you can't read say (we will send them out in June 2008)
Summer 2008 Edition(across the top)
Family & Friends
Welcome to the first newsletter for our wedding vow renewal. Why a vow renewal you ask? Well, in 2009 we will be celebrating 12 years of marriage and 15 years together as a couple. We have overcome many obstacles, especially in the past 2 years and we thought it would be a perfect time to renew our vows. Since we did not have a wedding the first time around we thought we would go all out for our vow renewal.
As many of you know since we honeymooned at WDW in 1997 we have gone back every year. Sometimes twice in a year! Yes you can say we are Disney World fanatics and it truly is our second home. So what would be more appropriate than a Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World? We wanted to let everyone know well ahead of time so you can make arrangements in advance. There will be more details to follow in the coming months. It would mean a great deal to us to be surrounded by our family and friends that day. We hope you can make it!

Extra! Extra!
Disney will be offering our guests a 30% discount off their accommodations. This would mean you can stay at a Walt Disney World resort for only $89 per night! You will also be offered discounts on park passes. All those details will be sent to you very soon. Another perk of staying at a Walt Disney World resort is FREE transportation from the moment you step off the plane to the moment you fly back home.(including transportation to all vow renewal events)

Where the picture is it's a picture of the 4 of us with Mickey and at the bottom it says, "save the date Monday June 29, 2009 Walt Disney World"

I'm sure from here to June we will tweak the wording a little, but we are both very happy with it. I had to put in the stuff about the resort discounts because DH's family will probably think it would be too expensive and I want people to realize it really isn't that bad. Also I really want all my guests to be on property for the transportation to be provided for them. I just think it's a nice touch.

We also have definitely decided to make our own invitations. I ordered the sample kit from cards and pockets and we love them!! I am going with the signature style, not sure what color yet. This is it here:
http://www.cardsandpocketsstore.com/images/subcategories/signature.gif

DH has been playing with it and different logo designs. He's actually having fun! He put the "property of Desnik" on it cause he knows since it's on the DIS, it can be accessed on the Web and he doesn't want non DIS'ers stealing the design!!LOL:lmao:

roozlilone
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: What a great idea! It looks great! I'm a PR/Marketing Director and do newsletters for a living and didn't even think of that one! Great job! :woohoo:

padisneyfour
02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I looks great!!!! Congrats.... keep up the great work. I love the pocket folds (signature) -I plan on using them too!

Fantasia Sam
02-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Your newsletter looks good, fun, bright and catchy.

Love your dress choices.

STVS (Stan) does video montages to show at weddings and VR's not sure if you had looked at his work?

Wow you have a major year ahead of you but I reckon with good planning you'll be fine, so you're coming to London eh? How fun have you been before?

Desnik
02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: What a great idea! It looks great! I'm a PR/Marketing Director and do newsletters for a living and didn't even think of that one! Great job! :woohoo:

Oh thank you so much!! DH will be so happy to hear this! He was quite proud of himself last night!

I looks great!!!! Congrats.... keep up the great work. I love the pocket folds (signature) -I plan on using them too!

Thanks! Those pocket cards are great and we were really impressed with the quality.

Your newsletter looks good, fun, bright and catchy.

Love your dress choices.

STVS (Stan) does video montages to show at weddings and VR's not sure if you had looked at his work?

Wow you have a major year ahead of you but I reckon with good planning you'll be fine, so you're coming to London eh? How fun have you been before?

Thanks! I didn't know that STVS does that! Thank you so much for that info. I was thinking of using them for video too! That's great.
Yes we are coming to London and it is a first time trip for all of us. We are so excited but I'm feeling a little intimidated and overwhelmed with the planning! Feel free to offer any advice!;)

Desnik
02-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Today is our 14 year anniversary!!! 14 years ago today DH and I went on our first date. He picked me up at my parents house and brought me flowers. He took me to a beautiful restaurant and we had a romantic dinner. We then drove around just talking. We parked in front of my parents house and just sat there talking till 6am!!! :cloud9:

PrincessBride010103
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Today is our 14 year anniversary!!! 14 years ago today DH and I went on our first date. He picked me up at my parents house and brought me flowers. He took me to a beautiful restaurant and we had a romantic dinner. We then drove around just talking. We parked in front of my parents house and just sat there talking till 6am!!! :cloud9:

congrats on 14 years nikki!!!!

:dance3:

Desnik
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Well I finally called DFTW and was basically told it's too early. She did take my info but said I wouldn't hear from anyone till June. She couldn't answer any of my questions. So, I am a little annoyed because there are some brides on here that are planning a wedding way after me and they had questions answered, calls back and info packets sent to them. Did I just get unlucky with who I spoke to?

mcarthur205
02-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Don't feel bad! :hug: The same thing happened to me - I called DFTW a few weeks ago and got the same reply you did. In fact, they didn't even take any of my details, just said I should call back a year out from the date I wanted. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be patient .....

lov2b@disney
02-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Congratulations on 14 years! Your newsletter is great! We went with cards and pockets too- it has worked out nicely :goodvibes:

roozlilone
02-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Don't feel bad! :hug: The same thing happened to me - I called DFTW a few weeks ago and got the same reply you did. In fact, they didn't even take any of my details, just said I should call back a year out from the date I wanted. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to be patient .....

Gosh, I can relate!! I had the same problem when we first decided to do a VR, it was more than a year out. It's soooo....hard to be patient. Try to stay busy and have fun, time flies when you are having fun! :goodvibes

caryndisneydiva
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
i really love the dress choice!

Desnik
02-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Gosh, I can relate!! I had the same problem when we first decided to do a VR, it was more than a year out. It's soooo....hard to be patient. Try to stay busy and have fun, time flies when you are having fun! :goodvibes

Patients is one of my biggest faults!LOL I just don't have any!:rotfl:

Congratulations on 14 years! Your newsletter is great! We went with cards and pockets too- it has worked out nicely :goodvibes:

Thanks!

The girl reluctantly took my details after I pressured her!LOL

Desnik
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
i really love the dress choice!

Thanks Caryn! I love your new siggy pic!!!:goodvibes

Desnik
02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Here is a picture of the roses I want for my bouquet. DH knew the color scheme I want for our VR and bought me these today and they are exactly it! These are the exact colors I want to use for everything, decor, centerpieces, invites, etc.... I just can't figure out what color it is!LOL:lmao: I'm thinking it's an orangey, reddish, yellow!:confused3 I want DD to wear a dress that is more of the orangey reddish color in these pictures. Can anyone tell me by looking at these pictures what color this is? Is this a particular kind of rose? I am clueless when it comes to flowers.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db2e7e0600000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db2a7e0200000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc35b3127cceb5b0db17ff0f00000026100AZtWTlszZuG Jg

Desnik
02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone?:confused3

Mermaid_Ariel
02-15-2008, 08:51 AM
They remind me of the color from a beautiful sunset. :lovestruc

Desnik
02-15-2008, 08:53 AM
AWWW thank you! That's what DH thought too!

Mermaid_Ariel
02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
AWWW thank you! That's what DH thought too!

Yeah, sorry that I can't be of more help but they really look like a sunset! I'd call them sunset roses maybe? :cutie: I think that would be the best way I can think of to describe all those colors in a single word. I think that's such a romantic way to look at it, too. :lovestruc

Lizby
02-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I just did a search and came up with this website: http://www.roselite.com/en/roses/listroses.php?col=5&cod=135

It has names and pictures of different varieties of orange roses. Your roses sort of look like the Milva roses.

You can look at this page too: http://www.roselite.com/en/roses/listroses.php?col=10&cod=203 The Circus or High & Magic roses look kind of like yours too.

accountingbabe08
02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Awesome! ENJOYED EVERY PAGE. CONGRATULATIONS ON VR. JUST WAIT UNTIL YOUR BABY TURNS 18.

Briarrose09
02-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Gorgeous Roses! Congrats on your vow renewal.

Desnik
02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Well we got the preview video from STVS, and well, DH and I weren't too impressed. We really liked Star Fruit Productions better. I just hope by the time our VR comes they will be shooting in High Def and offer the video on Blu-Ray disk.

I have to admit that I am starting to have a hard time spending all this money on our VR! I don't know what's wrong with me! I have no problem spending on my kids, family vacations, the house. But when it comes to spending it on myself I have a hard time. I think I'm feeling guilty, like maybe I shouldn't be spending so much, or maybe I should be doing something else with all the money I am spending.:confused:

roozlilone
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Well we got the preview video from STVS, and well, DH and I weren't too impressed. We really liked Star Fruit Productions better. I just hope by the time our VR comes they will be shooting in High Def and offer the video on Blu-Ray disk.

I have to admit that I am starting to have a hard time spending all this money on our VR! I don't know what's wrong with me! I have no problem spending on my kids, family vacations, the house. But when it comes to spending it on myself I have a hard time. I think I'm feeling guilty, like maybe I shouldn't be spending so much, or maybe I should be doing something else with all the money I am spending.:confused:

Oh, honey, I can relate! My whole family, especially my inlaws, have been giving me a really hard time about our VR. They just don't get it! They are coming in July, but they are just Disney Haters! :headache: BUT DON'T FEEL BAD! It's okay to spend money on "you" (I know it goes against the "Mother" Code) REPEAT AFTER ME....."It's okay to spend money on me!" :hug:

BTW, Love the Roses! Beautiful color!

lov2b@disney
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree :flower3: you deserve it! I cant relate though-with 3 boys I'm definately the last on the list for anything! But, it is nice right now to be a little selfish and think of myself and DF, though every decision has them in mind- including the fact that our "honeymoon" is a "familymoon" and I cant imagine it any other way!

have fun planning and enjoy a little "just for me" time!:goodvibes:

hope1826
02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Nikki, You definitely deserve it!! This is the wedding you were always meant to have (just slightly delayed). I am sure you and your DH have worked hard to be able to afford it. So enjoy your planning (everything looks gorgeous by the way - I LOVE your dress and the flowers!) and your vow renewal day without guilt. :hug:

And I agree with roozlilone... It's definitely ok to spend money on YOU. Even an author on Oprah was saying that today.

pink_tink8i8
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
You deserve it! don't feel guilty. I just love :lovestruc your flower choice.

29apr00
03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Great PJ so far!! Definately a help for mine in 2 yrs!

Tinkerbellcrafter
03-15-2008, 06:37 AM
I followed this link from another post and this is wonderful. My Dh & I honeymooned in the world at WL and then he planned a trip for our 10 year anniversary all on his own. Planned care for our daughter, who was 5 and 2nd day school, packed my clothes, everything. Just told me we were going away. I had no idea it was Disney! We had a wonderful 4 day weekend and celebrated our anniverasy evening with a boat ride (by luck) all by our selves from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge in the moonlight. I would love to do a VR in 2015 in Disney!! 20 years! What is STVS regarding the Video? Your plans sound WONDERFUL and the flowers and dress are beautiful!!

Desnik
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry I have been away from my PJ for so long! I had to give the VR planning a little break.

Here's some updates on us.
We didn't go on the Hilton Head trip in April, we went to WDW instead!:woohoo: I postponed our London/Paris trip because we will "hopefully" be doing the trip with Adventures by Disney next year. More on that later. We have put the move on hold too. After the VR is done with then we will concentrate on selling our house and moving. We are currently doing any and all repairs and work that needs to be done on our house and getting it in top shape.

Most of my family is excited about our VR and everyone keeps calling me to find out what week they should take their vacation next year. It really makes me so happy so many of them are so excited and really into our VR!!! I think I might need to plan some other special things for us to do as a group for the week we will all be there.

I still haven't gotten a call from DFTW. I plan on calling again in June. We have a trip planned in Nov. I am thinking DH and I can go down in Jan. to do a planning session. I'm thinking we don't need to do a site visit. We have seen the WP and know we want it, also we want our reception at the GF and from the pictures love the White Hall room and we had already seen all the spots in Epcot that we could have our DP at.(we looked them again on this past trip) I think we know what we want. Can anyone tell me what days they do the planning sessions on? I think I remember something about them not being done on weekends?

So I was thinking that a great way to end our week at WDW after our DFTW would be to hop on a plane and do the Adventures by Disney trip to London/Paris!!! I hope the dates will coincide. I also hope I will be able to handle being around my mother that long!!LOL:lmao: She will be joining DH, myself and our kids on our London/Paris trip along with my 16 year old sister. I just think it will take some of the pressure off of me to plan such a trip if we just let Disney do all the planning and we just have to show up!LOL What do you all think?

newyearsbride
05-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow! You've been a busy bee! Thats a lot of changes, but I'm glad your happy :goodvibes Everything sounds wonderful, esp the the London/Paris Adventures by Disney trip! Good luck! I hope everything turns out good.

padisneyfour
05-13-2008, 07:20 PM
glad you are back....looking forward to hearing more.

29apr00
05-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Welcome back!! Paris after a DFTVR!?!?! What a lucky girl!!

Can't wait to hear more!

jennifer

Desnik
05-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone!
I just had the ABD London/Paris idea today. I ran it by DH and he said sounds good but he has to think about it a little harder. He's worried about the packing for the 2 trips, LOL. Meanwhile, I'm thinking what the heck is he talking about???!! He has never had to pack for any of our trips, I always do it all!LOL:rotfl2:

Desnik
06-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, it really pains me to say this but I think I'm going to have to change all my plans and do an Escape wedding with just DH, myself and our kids.

Not to get you all bored with the gory details, but I'm having a lot of family issues. My older sister and I are barely speaking, her new husband and I are not speaking(we had a huge fight) my parents significant others are giving them a really hard time about going to our VR without them(see previous posts about this) and my father really doesn't want to go unless he "has to". Could you imagine!?:furious: My DH's family won't come, except his mom, her girlfriend and his brother and his wife. But that opens a whole other can of worms! DH would rather not have them there! Let's just say, lot's of issues. The extended family is still interested, but I just feel like if I don't have things "right" with my immediate family, I can't put on an act for everyone else like everything is OK. I don't want to just go ahead with it and look out to our guests that day and be angry with the people I see!LOL There isn't a chance any of this will blow over either because my older sister and I have had a very strained relationship for the past 3 years and it has come to it's boiling point. To top it off her husband disrespected me so badly I can and will never forgive him.

I talked it over with my mom and she is behind me 100% and told me no matter what I decide she will be there along with my little sister and she said we could just not tell anyone they were there!LOL;) She just doesn't want to miss our special day and I love her and my sister dearly and my older sister has really put them through the ringer the past 3 years. My mom and younger sister are also going to Europe with us next year so we could still do the DFTW and then the Adventures by Disney London/Paris trip.

I'm just so depressed by the whole thing I wanted to cancel everything. DH told me no way. He's happy to just do an Escape wedding with our kids there. He just wants a chance to renew our vows in our favorite place.:love:

Thanks for listening.:goodvibes

padisneyfour
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
best of luck with your decision....follow what your heart tells you to do... best of luck and best wishes with everything:goodvibes

PrincessBride010103
06-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Nikki I'm sorry you're having all these issues :hug: You never know though, maybe everything will work itself out! I hope you don't have to cancel :(